Author Topic: Snot Wheels - New wheel co. from 'Fos' (Heroin Skateboards)  (Read 12607 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Snot Wheels - New wheel co. from 'Fos' (Heroin Skateboards)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think this has the potential to do well!
Heroin has a pretty big following so I reckon a good amount of people will be getting them!
I’m pretty keen to try a pair, those 54mm ones look nice, hoping either them or the 55mm are in the classic shape
[close]

54 is original, 55 is conical.
[close]
how about the white 51mm's?
[close]

con
SOLD

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »
Heroin has done some cool and inventive stuff with their deck shapes and the razortop stuff so I hope these wheels will be similar, a little bit different from all the other same-same companies. Really in the market for a good 55-58mm conical in 90-95a duro...

cky enthusiast

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2021, 06:29:29 PM »
Expand Quote
If he makes 58-60 conical I’m picking some up
[close]
looks like 58mm 99a .. can’t tell shape yet

i fuckin love snelling.. i’d cop

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2021, 06:32:47 PM »
I already trademarked Dingleberries Bushings.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2021, 06:45:01 PM »
I already trademarked Dingleberries Bushings.

Ojs.

animalflesh

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 06:52:58 AM »
Fos are u gonna put questions on the team

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 06:57:59 AM »
Not sure I can buy these or support a brand called Snot, as someone who has had many friends suffer really bad colds.

So offended Fos  ::)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2021, 07:02:53 PM »
Looks these might be hitting shops really soon (in the next two weeks) based on recent insta posts.

https://www.snotwheelcompany.com/catalog

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2021, 02:28:50 AM »
Expand Quote
cool name, even cooler logo.
[close]

I don't fuck with non-F4 anymore but the logo is super cute and makes me feel some kind of way.

Does anyone know if Creative is pouring these?

If they're from a "really good" wheel mfg in the US it's like 90% sure creative. Whoever mentioned mearthane, a few years back they bought or merged with creative (can't remember which) so they're kind of the same thing now and I think aend mostly does cruisers and longboard wheels.

Creative is basically like bbs, PS, and clutch all rolled into one... The majority of non bones/spitfire wheels seem to be from CU these days and I'm fine with that. They're very good wheels and have a bunch of nice fat molds in a variety of shapes and their urethane is definitely high quality. I actually think I prefer their 99 formula to the spitfire classic or bones STF ones and if you look around you can find some 96 and 97 conicals from CU that are awesome for if you're going to be skating long distances on your board but still want to be able to hit a spot on the way. They don't have the bouncy ball/cruiser feel that mini logo hybrids do. For crust and commuting I'd say the only formula I prefer is the NFG 95a, which is kind of the holy grail of comfort and slide for east coast streets in my book.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 06:02:46 PM »
I'm excited to try these.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't fuck with non-F4 anymore but the logo is super cute and makes me feel some kind of way.

[close]

If they're from a "really good" wheel mfg in the US it's like 90% sure creative. Whoever mentioned mearthane, a few years back they bought or merged with creative (can't remember which) so they're kind of the same thing now and I think aend mostly does cruisers and longboard wheels.

Creative is basically like bbs, PS, and clutch all rolled into one... The majority of non bones/spitfire wheels seem to be from CU these days and I'm fine with that. They're very good wheels and have a bunch of nice fat molds in a variety of shapes and their urethane is definitely high quality. I actually think I prefer their 99 formula to the spitfire classic or bones STF ones and if you look around you can find some 96 and 97 conicals from CU that are awesome for if you're going to be skating long distances on your board but still want to be able to hit a spot on the way. They don't have the bouncy ball/cruiser feel that mini logo hybrids do. For crust and commuting I'd say the only formula I prefer is the NFG 95a, which is kind of the holy grail of comfort and slide for east coast streets in my book.

I might have mentioned mearthane, can't recall and too lazy to scroll up...the only bad thing about creative 'thane is there doesn't seem to be different formulas or at least, none that are used by the majority of wheel co. is .sml out of there?

I don't hate this, but I just feel like we went into 2020 with not enough wheel brands, and gonna end 2021 with too many wheel brands.

I hope they do those clear rounds ones in the sample post. I've wanted some clear/crystal wheels for a while but no ones made them since bones like 5years ago. I like fos, and I like the color palette.

And that is the problem...outside of Bones, Spit, NFG and maaaaaybe Dial Tone, most wheels are just generic ass feeling creative thane...at least Autobahn when for dual duro and some different shapes...now all you get is V cut or OG wide....bleh..Satori used to recycle...now they just offer...wide and slim and it's probably just creative...not that they're bad, I've skated a few brands (recently darkroom) that skated fine but nothing stood out other than most creative pours are grippy as fuck.

I'll try some to support Fos and I like the imagery and vibe (plus the heroin rails are the shit); here's hoping for something different that isn't...brown...and skate well ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:14:57 PM by Xen »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 09:03:52 PM »
Can't not do well

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 09:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I might have mentioned mearthane, can't recall and too lazy to scroll up...the only bad thing about creative 'thane is there doesn't seem to be different formulas or at least, none that are used by the majority of wheel co. is .sml out of there?

Expand Quote
I don't hate this, but I just feel like we went into 2020 with not enough wheel brands, and gonna end 2021 with too many wheel brands.

I hope they do those clear rounds ones in the sample post. I've wanted some clear/crystal wheels for a while but no ones made them since bones like 5years ago. I like fos, and I like the color palette.

[close]

And that is the problem...outside of Bones, Spit, NFG and maaaaaybe Dial Tone, most wheels are just generic ass feeling creative thane...at least Autobahn when for dual duro and some different shapes...now all you get is V cut or OG wide....bleh..Satori used to recycle...now they just offer...wide and slime and it's probably just creative...not that they're bad, I've skated a few brands (recently darkroom) that skated fine but nothing stood out other than most creative pours are grippy as fuck.

I'll try some to support Fos and I like the imagery and vibe (plus the heroin rails are the shit); here's hoping for something different that isn't...brown...and skate well ;)

They talk about a formula upgrade when ordering. Maybe they developed a wheel with more rebound or maybe they are just rebranding. Sml (James) says they have two formulas. Maybe one is Formula 83?

“Formula 83

Our world-famous Formula 83 combines the ultimate riding hardness. This formula allows for quick acceleration and high speeds. This material is preferred by professional skateboarders with lots of experience. Please keep in mind that the minimum order for Formula 83 is 800 wheels and may come at an additional cost. Please refer to the Pricing section for more information.”

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2021, 01:06:39 AM »
Been riding only F4s since they came out, but maybe I'll give a chance on these, just for love to FOS. At least I'm gonna buy all of the apparel, they look great!

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
Looks like first orders have been shipped out/received... did any brave slap pal put in an early order for these? Pretty anxious to hear some reviews.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2021, 04:36:21 PM »
I would've; haven't found them anywhere online (and they don't have a shop yet; soon tho from what I was told).

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2021, 04:38:34 PM »
Our order should be shipping soon, I'll let you guys know when they arrive.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2021, 05:02:47 PM »
Will def try to pick up some of those 52/53's clear wheels and a hat. Fos seems like a real genuine dude who just loves skateboarding.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

StreetSkateshop

• Rep: 0
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2021, 12:13:40 AM »
Greetings! 

We just added a bunch of Snot Wheel Co. wheels and accessories to our website.
Check them out at StreetSkateshop.com

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
I want the clear ones so bad, but seems like europe isn't getting snotted anytime soon

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2021, 01:39:47 PM »
Not sure I can buy these or support a brand called Snot, as someone who has had many friends suffer really bad colds.

So offended Fos  ::)

Well played sir.
Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, I'm excited to say that the first batch of wheels arrived on Monday, I ordered them last September! Covid and other factors led to a lot of production delays, but I'm stoked to get these out to all the stores.

Not that you asked but there were a couple of factors that led to Snot Wheels being created.
I was trying to get Dead Dave on another brand and the TM never even bothered getting back to me, so I was like "Maybe I should start my own little Wheel thing and Dead Dave would be a great first rider". Having lots of time sitting around the house during the pandemic helped too, so it started to take shape from that a bit. I never wanted it to be just basically "Heroin Wheels" we already make those, the idea was that it's gotta be a bit broader than that. A lot of the inspiration for the feel of it all is wheels that I grew up riding, like they seemed fun, SMA Gizmo's, Alva Speedskins, Epic Brains, I had some great Bones Street Rats in 89, and then survived the whole 39mm wheel faze. Spitfires 95-98 was my favorite era of the brand, the art was so random and funny. So many good wheel brands that came and went too,  I'm kind of doing the art as a bit of an ode to all those old wheels from those eras.

So that why I looked at Snelling who rides for Blast and I've known for years and he was down too.
We have four other riders lined up, I plan on announcing them with future wheel drops, hard to say exactly those will be because of production delays, but none of the next four to be announced ride for Heroin.

Also, had lots of folks asking where they could buy em online, I wanted to get the wheels to the stores before I even considered doing any kind of direct to consumer thing. I don't think it's fair to ask stores to buy your wheels and then sell em all directly before they've even got them in. Another reason for starting Snot was to be able to work a bit closer with the stores. Baker Boys do an amazing job with Heroin, I get to just do the artwork and team stuff for it, but I get asked a lot "What stores do you have in Idaho" or something and I have no idea, cos it's all the sales dudes at Baker who handle that stuff. So with Snot, I'll be able to point you in the right direction, cos I packed and shipped every box myself out of my house. It's a pretty small batch kind of thing to start. As you've seen we just had 7 assorted styles and I was hoping that there's a bit of something for everyone in there. Next drop there's 10 styles, so I'm just trying to keep it all interesting.

Sorry for the rant, hope this answers some questions that you may have had. Thanks for the kind words too.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2021, 07:53:49 AM »
Really awesome that you come on here and engage with the community @darkthrone , much appreciated!  Are you planning to open a DTC online shop after a period of time that all the shops have received their orders and had a chance to sell them first?  Or are you keeping them exclusive to shops for the foreseeable future?

darkthrone

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2021, 09:57:51 AM »
Really awesome that you come on here and engage with the community @darkthrone , much appreciated!  Are you planning to open a DTC online shop after a period of time that all the shops have received their orders and had a chance to sell them first?  Or are you keeping them exclusive to shops for the foreseeable future?

Not saying we'll never do DTC, as I imagine we will one day down the line, but when I don't even have enough product to supply the shops who are asking, (I sold out of 55's and 58's)  then I think it's super lame to turn around and sell it all online.

Power Distribution will be doing em in the UK. Mehrathon in Canada and PD Dist in Australia. Kartel in Switzerland.

There's other European Distributors lined up for coming on board for later seasons. I've already put two more orders in for Wheels.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:53:42 PM by darkthrone »

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »
You guys add some softer duros in the future and I’m in.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2021, 02:33:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not saying we'll never do DTC, as I imagine we will one day down the line, but when I don't even have enough product to supply the shops who are asking, (I sold out of 55's and 58's)  then I think it's super lame to turn around and sell it all online.

Power Distribution will be doing em in the UK. Mehrathon in Canada and PD Dist in Canada. Kartel in Switzerland.

There's other European Distributors lined up for coming on board for later seasons. I've already put two more orders in for Wheels.
hey fos, whats pd dist in canada?

darkthrone

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2021, 02:54:03 PM »
Fixed

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Power Distribution will be doing em in the UK. Mehrathon in Canada and PD Dist in Canada. Kartel in Switzerland.

[close]

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2021, 03:11:43 PM »
Fixed

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
respect, was confused as i had not heard of them.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2021, 06:38:24 PM »
Got the 53s, 55s, the curb snot, and a bunch of stickers. I am so stoked on this brand and stoked for @darkthrone for doing it. The color tints on the wheels are so good and the logo is so rad, and I just love little brands like this.

I am on the hunt for the orange mesh cap, if anyone sees it online, can you point me to it? The shops local to me that got Snot didnt get the hat. Thanks.
ok thanks

animalflesh

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
Anyone wanna point me in the direction of those pink 55 conicals

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Anyone wanna point me in the direction of those pink 55 conicals

Check the Snot stories. Posting all the shops that got em. Several got those and I've seen them online. I think Programme might have em posted up. Val Surf too.
ok thanks