Author Topic: Snot Wheels - New wheel co. from 'Fos' (Heroin Skateboards)  (Read 12538 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: Snot Wheels - New wheel co. from 'Fos' (Heroin Skateboards)
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2022, 01:04:44 AM »
If the new ones are skinny as hell, cored, and flat spotting fast then they're probably from China. They look like the same $10 wheels you can buy unbranded from a thousand amazon sellers or TGM. In my experience they're not very good, but they're fine for rolling around a smooth park.

For those who didn't like the CU ones, you have to wear the grooves off. It's like the gloss on NFGs, the wheel really changes once it's smooth and as long as you're over 101a they should slide almost as well as an F4 in terms of power slides or sliding through bad landings. They're a little stickier on the curb/ledge but I haven't had anything a quick waxing wouldn't fix. I've got whatever the 51mm glow ones are called and quite like them, same as speedlab, jivaro, Dialtone, and the half dozen other CU wheels I skate.

mamba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2022, 09:15:23 PM »
What shape are the boogerthane? Conical or classic?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2022, 09:47:45 PM »
I wish more brands did clear wheels. The homie had some choir clear bones once. They were big and skinny.

He broke his wrist bombing hills and in Dorchester going to work or something. Lost the board and the wheels.

Total bummer because I was about to trade some f4s for them. I got bones v3? In the trade instead. Square af 54 Mullen graphic. I like them. Loops and spits are better
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2022, 11:17:25 PM »
I wish more brands did clear wheels. The homie had some choir clear bones once. They were big and skinny.

He broke his wrist bombing hills and in Dorchester going to work or something. Lost the board and the wheels.

Total bummer because I was about to trade some f4s for them. I got bones v3? In the trade instead. Square af 54 Mullen graphic. I like them. Loops and spits are better

Bones crystals. Hard as fuck. I had a set of red ones somewhere but I might have given them away. I think V2 are the really square ones, kinda similar to tablets.

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2022, 02:04:14 AM »
Just so you know, it’s all made in the USA. None of that crap China urethane, I wouldn’t do that to you guys.

If the new ones are skinny as hell, cored, and flat spotting fast then they're probably from China. They look like the same $10 wheels you can buy unbranded from a thousand amazon sellers or TGM. In my experience they're not very good, but they're fine for rolling around a smooth park.

For those who didn't like the CU ones, you have to wear the grooves off. It's like the gloss on NFGs, the wheel really changes once it's smooth and as long as you're over 101a they should slide almost as well as an F4 in terms of power slides or sliding through bad landings. They're a little stickier on the curb/ledge but I haven't had anything a quick waxing wouldn't fix. I've got whatever the 51mm glow ones are called and quite like them, same as speedlab, jivaro, Dialtone, and the half dozen other CU wheels I skate.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bones crystals. Hard as fuck. I had a set of red ones somewhere but I might have given them away. I think V2 are the really square ones, kinda similar to tablets.

Yep. Hardest wheels I’ve ever tried. So good so long as they above 52mm.

I like the bones wheels. I usually don’t like tab shape but the 54mm sizing helps make me love them.

My wish is for 103a -101a 66mm og classic f4.

I’d never need new wheels in my life.

I’d swan dive into car wash with a old school metal track toboggan for the social media of anyone who gave me a set.

Naked
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2022, 11:36:03 AM »
Boom fereal tho. Who ever makes a big ass hard wheel would be the boss of skateboarding.

Not like I got money for them at the moment. I’m saving my Pennies for new sneakers rn.

Everyone been telling me to switch to nb but the $$ is craziness.
(A)pl(E)

mamba

• Sucka free
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2022, 02:09:35 PM »
About to cop the clear 55 101s. to whomever runs this brand, congrats. your cute logo, branding, and team made me get these over the beloved formula 4.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2022, 06:52:39 PM »
About to cop the clear 55 101s. to whomever runs this brand, congrats. your cute logo, branding, and team made me get these over the beloved formula 4.

Hell yeah
(A)pl(E)

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2022, 06:55:07 PM »
The snot rails are pretty good. Pretty dense with a matte finish. Slightly rounded corners compared to bones.

mamba

• Sucka free
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2022, 07:10:32 PM »
The snot rails are pretty good. Pretty dense with a matte finish. Slightly rounded corners compared to bones.

Sweet. Just got some of those too. Honestly just love the teal color on the wheels and on the logo.

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2022, 06:35:42 AM »
Can anyone give feedback on the 48mm boogers or 52mm dead daves? I'm planning to make a mid-90s set-up with a 7.75 deck i have.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2022, 09:40:36 AM »
Can anyone give feedback on the 48mm boogers or 52mm dead daves? I'm planning to make a mid-90s set-up with a 7.75 deck i have.
Honestly, for the price i would try and get spitfire lil smokies if i were you. boogers felt ok but sorta dead if you get what i mean. They flat spotted fairly quick too. All in all an ok wheel but price wise i’d rather get f4 as i like the slide a lot better

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2022, 10:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Honestly, for the price i would try and get spitfire lil smokies if i were you. boogers felt ok but sorta dead if you get what i mean. They flat spotted fairly quick too. All in all an ok wheel but price wise i’d rather get f4 as i like the slide a lot better

Having tried snots (first drop < then second), this is the correct answer.

Both sets of snots were ditched at the spot.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2022, 01:20:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

@Xen you had the clears right? those were some of the worst wheels i’d had in a minute i swear

nekro

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2022, 01:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the honest opinion, I suspected as much.  lil smokies are a bit hard to come by here in the UK.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2022, 02:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
@Xen you had the clears right? those were some of the worst wheels i’d had in a minute i swear

Yup. Skated them for a session or two and  took them right off and threw them in the bushes. Dead sluggish wheel…I’d rather skate og spits or bones 100s

The cored snots are quit good, very very hard and fast just grippy, slick cement parks only.

F4.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 02:51:08 PM by Xen »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2022, 03:21:47 PM »

I would actually love to see some clear wheels with lil fishies honoring Fly Guy's aquarium platforms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNQTqMkezc&t=11s

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2022, 11:54:53 AM »
Ricta Crystals we’re some, if not the best clear wheels you could get some 10yrs ago lol…bones did do some clear spfs (they turned the color of old clear shipping/packing tape tho).

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2022, 01:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks for the honest opinion, I suspected as much.  lil smokies are a bit hard to come by here in the UK.
i think lil smokies are hard to come by everywhere now. think its been a while since the last batch. can only find one set here in europe and its the 101's but i want the 99's
hoping they do them again. i wanna try a small wheel but dont wanna try anything thats not F4. especially in smaller sizes.
have been tempted by the snots too. but my worries are the same.

nekro

« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2022, 07:22:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
i think lil smokies are hard to come by everywhere now. think its been a while since the last batch. can only find one set here in europe and its the 101's but i want the 99's
hoping they do them again. i wanna try a small wheel but dont wanna try anything thats not F4. especially in smaller sizes.

Why are lil smokes generally cheaper? same formula right?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2022, 09:40:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

They're...smaller?

No clue really, they could easily sell them at full price; my guess is that info that they're made from defective wheels (shaved down to be in good shape) is out there and they're avoiding backlash? Who knows.

2025 - the bigger the wheel/board, the more expensive it is due to increased materials used.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2022, 12:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

They're...smaller?

No clue really, they could easily sell them at full price; my guess is that info that they're made from defective wheels (shaved down to be in good shape) is out there and they're avoiding backlash? Who knows.

2025 - the bigger the wheel/board, the more expensive it is due to increased materials used.

That is what someone else said - seconds from bigger wheels so they shape them down and simplify the packaging and graphic, in a price point Formula Four wheel.

Most shops do keep them at the lower price, but some shops put them at normal Formula Four RRP which is a bit on the nose, but it is up to them to sell things for whatever price they see fit.

There is a solid batch out here in AU right now, some green / black swirls, as well as the normal / natural ones too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2022, 01:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

They're...smaller?

[close]

That is what someone else said - seconds from bigger wheels so they shape them down and simplify the packaging and graphic, in a price point Formula Four wheel.

Most shops do keep them at the lower price, but some shops put them at normal Formula Four RRP which is a bit on the nose, but it is up to them to sell things for whatever price they see fit.

There is a solid batch out here in AU right now, some green / black swirls, as well as the normal / natural ones too.

theres actually one shop still selling them here but they asking 60 euros for em. i aint paying that.
(we might wanna move this to the F4 thread?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2022, 08:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

They're...smaller?

[close]

[close]

theres actually one shop still selling them here but they asking 60 euros for em. i aint paying that.
(we might wanna move this to the F4 thread?

Ha yeah, it'SNOT what this thread is for!!!

* Sorry couldn't help it.

One of the guys I know is riding the new Snot wheels and is loving them, just to keep it on topic.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2022, 03:32:55 PM »
Someone ditched these at the spot today, hardly used, guess they weren't a fan either…I let them be...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:45:38 PM by Xen »