Author Topic: Fakie ollie to switch K?  (Read 1872 times)

DonnyD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Fakie ollie to switch K?
« on: February 11, 2021, 02:22:59 AM »
Ok, so this has bugged me for  while. Please help!

The rule is that you do not change stance in the middle of the description of a trick.
Example:
Fakie ollie to fakie 5-0. (Not fakie ollie to switch nosegrind.)
BUT, what if you fakie ollie into "switch fs K"? There is no other name for that grind, right?
A fakie K would be misleading as that would mean a grind on the front truck but going backwards.

What is the correct description and why is there no specific name for the grind?
All other grinds have individual names.

Thankful for input. Keep a good tone! I know these are sensitive matters...

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fakie ollie to switch K?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 05:42:53 AM »
It's called a fakie fs crooked grind. It's misleading, yeah, but that's what it's called and has always been called.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 06:05:31 AM »
One doesn't really say fakie ollie fakie 5-0 either to be fair, just fakie 5-0 because that's what you do on that trick, a 5-0 while going fakie, the entire trick is considered fakie as a whole and so you don't have to touch the name. Whereas there wouldn't really be an equivalent for the crooked version, so then saying fakie ollie into switch crooks traditionally makes sense and is descriptive.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 06:46:09 AM »
Technically that doesn't really work as you don't go from fakie to switch in a trick. If you followed strict skate nomenclature it would be a fakie suski grind but that's wack. I think the concept of grinding fakie and how to name it came about before the crooked grind so it's an outlier
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

DonnyD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 12:22:11 AM »
I would call it a fakie K to, most people probably would, even if it´s wrong. A fakie Suskie on the other hand would have the nose pointing towards the ledge, not away. Perhaps the name is up for grabs...
Last chance to name a trick...

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 12:40:56 AM »
Fakie fs crook

DonnyD

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 02:24:40 AM »
I agree but:  A fakie fs crook is technichally a fakie ollie "tweaked fakie nosegrind" (crook). So it doesn´t fully make sense either...

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 03:18:19 AM »
I would call it a fakie K to, most people probably would, even if it´s wrong. A fakie Suskie on the other hand would have the nose pointing towards the ledge, not away. Perhaps the name is up for grabs...

suski has nose turned off the ledge
when towards ledge it's a salad

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 08:38:24 AM »
I always interpreted 'fakie k' as just short for 'fakie ollie switch k' and in that sense it's acceptable as a tweaked fakie nosegrind is really bound to remain a fakie nosegrind.

DonnyD

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

suski has nose turned off the ledge
when towards ledge it's a salad

True. May bad.

DonnyD

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 09:58:26 AM »
I always interpreted 'fakie k' as just short for 'fakie ollie switch k' and in that sense it's acceptable as a tweaked fakie nosegrind is really bound to remain a fakie nosegrind.

Makes sense! Good thinking.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »
I call them fakie suskis. That may be wack nomenclature but it's technically accurate and at the end of the day trick names don't really matter. You can say fakie ollie to switch nosegrind or fakie 5-O, you can say fakie ollie to switch 5-O or fakie nosegrind, the important part is communicating what you're doing to other people in a way where they know what you're talking about.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 11:05:18 PM »
I say fakie 5-0...because in my day no one did them long enough to differentiate......people saw the in, not the grind.....I don't get mad when people say switch K though.....

Fakie nose grind is way easier to say than fake Ollie switch 5-0....that's a dumb one it think....back 180 nosegrind while improper is a good enough name versus back 180 switch 5-0....are you kidding me? 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 12:00:44 AM »
I hate how fakie 5-0, 180 nose grind, etc. all got switched around.

I love doing fakie "switch nose grinds" but i refuse to use this name for them. I couldn't do a switch nose grind to save my life... but a switch 5-0, yea I understand how to balance that out and I can fakie ollie into that position pretty easily.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 02:07:07 AM »
Round here people have been calling it fakie ollie sw crooked for ages.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 07:11:25 AM »
In the course of a year.....how man times do you even have to have this stupid conversation with someone or see it even.....

I also call this switch nollie crooks...

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 06:51:27 PM »
In like 1998 I had a pic of Clyde Singleton doing one taped to my wall and it was just labeled a fakie crooked grind. I have never heard anyone call it anything else.

Very stylish trick, IMO.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »
There is probably a paper here in how skating is losing or changing its language.....as much as at times it was wrong.....so many trick names were based on captions.....

DonnyD

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 02:34:34 AM »
Round here people have been calling it fakie ollie sw crooked for ages.

And people have been calling cabs "fakie full cabs" for ages. ;)

DonnyD

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 02:35:55 AM »
I call them fakie suskis. That may be wack nomenclature but it's technically accurate and at the end of the day trick names don't really matter. You can say fakie ollie to switch nosegrind or fakie 5-O, you can say fakie ollie to switch 5-O or fakie nosegrind, the important part is communicating what you're doing to other people in a way where they know what you're talking about.

How can a ss fs K be a fakie Suski? It would be more logical to call ss (bs) K a fakie Suski....

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »
I always thought the general rule of thumb was that the stance dictates the name of the trick. So even though you end up in a what's technically a switch fs crooked grind, you'd call it fakie fs crooked grind when coming in fakie. How you get into the trick is what matters. That's why smith and feeble on a rail are two different tricks.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 10:22:00 PM »
Do you guys say nollie 180 switch crook?  I swear we used to say switch halfcab crook which is accurate...just confusing as fuck....when I do them they are trucky nollie tails....

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 11:01:20 PM »
i just call them Jesus Fernandez/Dani Lebr󮠷hile performed bs and a Mike Yorkie while done fs. Period

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 04:03:39 PM »
Do you guys say nollie 180 switch crook?  I swear we used to say switch halfcab crook which is accurate...just confusing as fuck....when I do them they are trucky nollie tails....
Just nollie 180 crook. One stance per trick. I think the confusion can finally be resolved if we stick to this rule.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 04:29:54 PM »

I respect that. I'm only of those dickheads who flips between "language evolves, you can call it what you like" and "there's no such thing as a nollie cab" depending on whether I'm talking to someone older or younger than me. Basically everyone is right and wrong and we should just call things whatever makes sense. Unless you're one of those twats who switches nollie fs and bs around.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 11:05:10 PM »
I'm ok just forgetting the suski grind ever existed.....

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:43 AM »
I’ve always called them fakie Ollie sw/crooks or fakie crook for short. But that goes against the nomenclature for fakie tricks such a fakie 5-0. I don’t call it a fakie Ollie switch nose grind and hate when people do so. I’m also of the opinion of one stance per trick, but I see it just like a nollie crook, yeah you nollie into a crook but it’s still a crook not a switch/fakie suski or something.  I guess it’s because fakie suski just sounds stupid haha.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 05:38:44 PM »
Switch flip switch back tail switch shove it out to fakie
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice