Author Topic: Gear that doesn't exist but should  (Read 4179 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Gear that doesn't exist but should
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2021, 03:05:39 PM »
1) A squaresicle. No, not a barnyard or twin but something shaped that is a little more blunt with a taper at both ends like a square 'egg' board but not extreme like they do the late 90s/last of the shaped boards noses...The doomsayers shovel nose with a more squared of tail (a more rounded version of their double shovel).

This is super close if it were just a but more rounded in the tail

2) A Gonz 'sweatpants' shaped deck that is slimmer, more full in the nose and more 'current day' functional, like a mild-shaped version of it.

Have you seen Maite's shaped deck from Uma? I just picked one up because I'm always on the lookout for a shape similar to what you are describing...

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 16
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »
Fuck Axion reboot, we deserve a full on Ipath reboot.

Gary Gloverberg

• Rep: 11
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2021, 04:38:47 PM »
Not “gear” really but if there was a database that primarily logged dimensions of boards, measurements/ of trucks, and let you plug in a wheel size you could quantify what certain WBs, kicks and truck heights do to ollies, manuals etc and put some numbers to your preferences. Could log board shape, truck geometry too maybe.

Not trying to turn skating into baseball, just thought it would be a useful tool to find Goldilocks setups and help decide what new ones to try

Xen

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
1) A squaresicle. No, not a barnyard or twin but something shaped that is a little more blunt with a taper at both ends like a square 'egg' board but not extreme like they do the late 90s/last of the shaped boards noses...The doomsayers shovel nose with a more squared of tail (a more rounded version of their double shovel).

2) A Gonz 'sweatpants' shaped deck that is slimmer, more full in the nose and more 'current day' functional, like a mild-shaped version of it.
[close]

Have you seen Maite's shaped deck from Uma? I just picked one up because I'm always on the lookout for a shape similar to what you are describing...

I saw that one, nose isn't what I am after (so many of the decks here have GREAT tails but blow their noses.

Another Uma that's close...way too tapered for what I want.

Lot's of streetplant coming up:

I've never seen a top shot of this board, but my guess is it's damn close:

EDIT: found a top shot...yup, this would be what I'm after. A nice 8.375x31.75 with a 14.18" WB would be so sick.

Streeplant always comes so close to the 'gonz sweatpants' deck I wish someone would make...it's a 90s shape but with fuller nose:

Would be perfect it if wasn't so 'extreme' with it's proportions, take these next two shapes and hybridize them with popsicles but still retain a 'slight' 90s shape..:

I own this one, it's ok, nose is too short and too tapered but it's so close.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:19:15 PM by Xen »

stets

• Rep: 29
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2021, 09:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I saw that one, nose isn't what I am after (so many of the decks here have GREAT tails but blow their noses.

EDIT: found a top shot...yup, this would be what I'm after. A nice 8.375x31.75 with a 14.18" WB would be so sick.

Streeplant always comes so close to the 'gonz sweatpants' deck I wish someone would make...it's a 90s shape but with fuller nose:

Would be perfect it if wasn't so 'extreme' with it's proportions, take these next two shapes and hybridize them with popsicles but still retain a 'slight' 90s shape..:

"Blow their noses", love that!

Yeah the nose is the only thing not 100% for me on this Maite. I might sand it down a little since it's close, and when I do that I usually seal the fresh edge with really thin superglue... which is a win win because the superglue penetrates deeper than clearcoat and is strong, so it helps prevent wear and tear a bit.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Skibb

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2021, 11:41:24 PM »
Pants that are baggy in the thighs and seat but taper a lot towards the lower leg with a smaller leg opening. Preferably denim or at least have back pockets that are on the outside of the pants not the inside like on most chinos

You want the Magenta OG denim

IpathCats

• Rep: -33
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2021, 07:31:04 AM »
Fuck Axion reboot, we deserve a full on Ipath reboot.

Real recognize real
.....Nah

beandemon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2021, 01:52:15 PM »
Spitfire lock ins with the graphic printed on the other side, so when you ride them coolguy, (print side in)the shape functions as intended. Call them “Lock Outs”.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 50
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2021, 12:10:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

"Blow their noses", love that!

Yeah the nose is the only thing not 100% for me on this Maite. I might sand it down a little since it's close, and when I do that I usually seal the fresh edge with really thin superglue... which is a win win because the superglue penetrates deeper than clearcoat and is strong, so it helps prevent wear and tear a bit.

http://www.opensourceboards.com/
Not sure if this site has been brought up in any threads, but, have at it! You can make pretty much whatever shapes you want.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2021, 09:08:25 PM »
Grip tape with a small part where you can strike a match

nothing's been the since same