Author Topic: Dwindle - Made in China wood  (Read 7392 times)

Bigwheelbite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -162
Re: Dwindle - Made in China wood
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:10 AM »

What are your thoughts on China ?

Outside of woodshops and skateboarding.
[/quote]

In what way? Cuz we could be here all day talking about non relevant opinions.

Also has nothing to do with the point of this thread!

Isn't this site for skateboarding?

The whole point of this post is comparing quality and why brands aren't thinking more about carbon footprint...

U wanna make it about something else? Really?

Dwindle is just fine, would skate one over HLC board any day of the week.

Nah rubbish but each to their own ;)

Expand Quote

Also, if you properly test all the diff decks from all the top woodshops, its a fact that BBS decks (mostly) are the most durable and best quality and Dwindle are the worst durability & quality wise. When a brand gets their shit made in China its always to make more profit over trying to provide better quality.
[close]

Wouldn't be Slap without some random kid providing hot garbage takes with the utmost confidence. I prefer BBS but you clearly haven't ridden a DSM deck if you think they're the worst. The quality of DSM boards is top notch. Way better than the majority of decks pressed in China, and way better than a lot of American and other woodshops. The consistency alone is leagues above most woodshops. You're just brainwashed by anti-China rhetoric and it's painfully obvious. 

LOL exactly because you know so much better don't you. The inability to have a proper discussion is hilarious. 
Skated plenty of Dwindle decks actually and they're shit compared to BBS. Sorry you have such beef about that - boo hoo.

I'm brain washed cuz I have a diff opinion to you. Haha - Good one. Dickhead.

OP's stance is clearly a political one in the guise of caring about the environment. It's fine if you don't like China because of all the propaganda you've been fed, but just say so instead of bullshitting about emissions or whatever. Your disdain is obvious in the way you refer to everything from there as "shit" when discussing the products.

On a side note, anyone else get the sense the Western war machine is really ramping up for a new Cold War against China? I'm no fan of the CCP but the headlines lately reek of warmongering like what happened before the most recent Mideast conflicts.

Really? How is that detective Ramone? lol
Oh your clearly one of these experts at figuring people out hey. Wow what a fuckin guy! Your killin me with your political savvyness! STFU u nonsebag. Don't change the subject to some bs please ffs.

Who gives a F anyway?

Point is Mexico wins all day everyday over China - way less carbon footprint and proven to be better quality etc etc. Wake the fuck up...

Next!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »

What are your thoughts on China ?

Outside of woodshops and skateboarding.

In what way? Cuz we could be here all day talking about non relevant opinions.

Also has nothing to do with the point of this thread!

Isn't this site for skateboarding?

The whole point of this post is comparing quality and why brands aren't thinking more about carbon footprint...

U wanna make it about something else? Really?

Dwindle is just fine, would skate one over HLC board any day of the week.

Nah rubbish but each to their own ;)

Expand Quote

Also, if you properly test all the diff decks from all the top woodshops, its a fact that BBS decks (mostly) are the most durable and best quality and Dwindle are the worst durability & quality wise. When a brand gets their shit made in China its always to make more profit over trying to provide better quality.
[close]

Wouldn't be Slap without some random kid providing hot garbage takes with the utmost confidence. I prefer BBS but you clearly haven't ridden a DSM deck if you think they're the worst. The quality of DSM boards is top notch. Way better than the majority of decks pressed in China, and way better than a lot of American and other woodshops. The consistency alone is leagues above most woodshops. You're just brainwashed by anti-China rhetoric and it's painfully obvious. 

LOL exactly because you know so much better don't you. The inability to have a proper discussion is hilarious. 
Skated plenty of Dwindle decks actually and they're shit compared to BBS. Sorry you have such beef about that - boo hoo.

I'm brain washed cuz I have a diff opinion to you. Haha - Good one. Dickhead.

OP's stance is clearly a political one in the guise of caring about the environment. It's fine if you don't like China because of all the propaganda you've been fed, but just say so instead of bullshitting about emissions or whatever. Your disdain is obvious in the way you refer to everything from there as "shit" when discussing the products.

On a side note, anyone else get the sense the Western war machine is really ramping up for a new Cold War against China? I'm no fan of the CCP but the headlines lately reek of warmongering like what happened before the most recent Mideast conflicts.

Oh your clearly one of these experts at figuring people out hey. Wow what a fuckin guy! Your killin me with your political savvyness! STFU u nonsebag. Don't change the subject to some bs please ffs.

Who gives a F anyway?

Point is Mexico wins all day everyday over China - way less carbon footprint and proven to be better quality etc etc. Wake the fuck up...

Next!
[/quote]

I only asked cos it seems like you have a problem with China as a whole.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Yossi

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021, 01:03:06 PM »
Obviously the OP is the only one able to properly test out decks and anyone who has had a positive experience with China made boards is just wrong. You guys just aren't able to have a proper discussion!

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2021, 02:55:06 PM »
Bigwheelbite is dumb as fuck, lol. I’m sure BBS is producing in Mexico because they... love Mexicans? Hahaha. Definitely not anything to do with cheap foreign labor and lax environmental laws.

People who have garbage opinions/ incorrect info always come with the “apparently it’s not cool to have a different opinion” bs like they’re being persecuted. Nah son, you’re just fuckin dumb.  ;D

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2021, 04:27:58 PM »

Who gives a F anyway?

Next!

No detective work needed. I just had to read your posts. Don't gaslight me bro.

hellawatters

• Rep: -1
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »
Yeah this sort of sounds to me like casually anti-asian rhetoric during an especially xenophobic time...
BUT I am curious- I've assumed that the carbon footprint of Canada->China->US is heavier than from Canada->Mexico->US. Do we know this is true? I believe freight shipping has the lowest carbon footprint compared with other shipping methods when you look at it per container. I could imagine it really being a wash if any of the legs from Mexico are done by truck (I imagine none of these boats are waiting on dwindle to set sail). Does anyone know what the logistics chains are actually like? Does anyone have numbers on the footprint thing?

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2021, 02:01:17 PM »
Bigwheelbite is dumb as fuck, lol. I’m sure BBS is producing in Mexico because they... love Mexicans? Hahaha. Definitely not anything to do with cheap foreign labor and lax environmental laws.

People who have garbage opinions/ incorrect info always come with the “apparently it’s not cool to have a different opinion” bs like they’re being persecuted. Nah son, you’re just fuckin dumb.  ;D

lol ok son - or perhaps BBS are pressing in Mexico cuz its right next to the US so logistically it makes sense. Not rocket science dummy ;)

Your Mum doesn't think I'm dumb though...

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2021, 02:18:03 PM »
The US will lose its global hegemonic status to China.

Anyway, you guys like BBQ?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2021, 02:28:09 PM »

Love it. Korean, Mongolian and US styles. Grill flavor is where it's at.

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2021, 02:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Who gives a F anyway?

Next!
[close]

Ffs just be man enough to say you think I'm racist instead of beating round the bush like some pedo.

If I was anti asian I'd be out there fuckin up my own kind over the whole covid bs instead of wasting my time arguing with a handful of silverspoon mommy's boys lol

I'm half asian/half black so yeah I will fuckin gaslight you - bro... ;)

Jog on

Expand Quote
[close]

Korean all day ;)

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 03:45:22 PM »
This guy is such a kook. Keeps messaging me. Ahhh well, young and dumb. It’s kinda cute he just realized people make products in other countries to save money.  ;D

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2021, 04:12:51 PM »
Dwindle makes some of the best boards if not the best.
Left my palace in the trunk of my car for the whole summer. It was 110 average the whole summer.

It delamed a little but still had lots of pop and it did not feel weak. If they had flat molds its game over.

Other board that feels strong like that is the Popmaster decks. And its sustainable.  Gangemi is god.....

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »
Dwindle makes some of the best boards if not the best.
Left my palace in the trunk of my car for the whole summer. It was 110 average the whole summer.

It delamed a little but still had lots of pop and it did not feel weak. If they had flat molds its game over.

Other board that feels strong like that is the Popmaster decks. And its sustainable.  Gangemi is god....

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
the only downside of the palace deck i skated was that it seemed to love smashing into walls and corners when it shot out. still kept it's pop u pretty well though.

also i respect the buy local argument but globalization is real. deal with it.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
Skated a few enjoi’s last year and actually really liked em. I got one of the new deal x enjoi boards they did and I think it was ps stix but I could be wrong. But then I skated a team board after that and felt just as good.

i've skated a couple of enjois over the past few years and they performed good to be honest (even though not being resin7) can't say they're on par with any of the DLX board i usually ride but quite good for the price

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2021, 12:59:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Who gives a F anyway?

Next!
[close]

[close]

Ffs just be man enough to say you think I'm racist instead of beating round the bush like some pedo.

If I was anti asian I'd be out there fuckin up my own kind over the whole covid bs instead of wasting my time arguing with a handful of silverspoon mommy's boys lol

Jog on

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Korean all day ;)

So you're a boba liberal.

Actually, you're probably just completely full of shit. You're one of those trolls who argues in bad faith and claims things like "I'm a gay black man." Go fuck yourself, racist. How's that?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:09:35 AM by ChuckRamone »

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2021, 01:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Who gives a F anyway?

Next!
[close]

[close]

Jog on

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Korean all day ;)
[close]

Actually, you're probably just completely full of shit. You're one of those trolls who argues in bad faith and claims things like "I'm a gay black man." Go fuck yourself, racist. How's that?
never thought id see milo yiannopoulos on slap. never say never, never say always?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2021, 09:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Who gives a F anyway?

Next!
[close]

[close]

Jog on

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Korean all day ;)
[close]

[close]
never thought id see milo yiannopoulos on slap. never say never, never say always?

Boba liberals are self-hating Asians who worship white liberals. I consider myself left leaning but I don't pander to white people.

And the "I'm a gay black man" thing is a real phenomenon where white guys pretend to be minorities online and say things like "As a bisexual Pakistani woman, I support Trump. Send all the immigrants home." It happened with a politician and a professor. There's no way it's an isolated occurrence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/10/dean-browning-white-politician-tweets-black-gay-guy/6243406002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2020/10/07/unh-investigates-professor-accused-posing-woman-color/5909837002/

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2021, 06:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
damn dude where you finna get your electronics from?!
[close]

Plenty of electronics not made in China ;)

If it has any kind of processor in it (the phone or comp you typed this on) it’s made in China lmao

peterpenis

• Rep: 8
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2021, 07:15:27 AM »
dont want to comment on the general topic, but whenever the topic of skating and environment/sustainability comes up, there is always the argument skating is bad for the environment anyway so why should I care at all. And I just don't get it, if anything isn't that an argument for minimizing the impact on the environment as much as possible?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 619
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2021, 08:34:00 AM »
it's an interesting topic

but who wants to debate with a blockhead ?

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2021, 09:18:32 AM »
I skated an Enzo Enjoi deck when they turned him pro. I loved that board a lot. Had the nicest nollie inward heels on it. I never broke it either.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2021, 09:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh guys, you need to try Argentinean one. Best bbq ever.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2021, 02:30:31 PM »
Starting to understand why Chinese people Asians hate westerners after reading this thread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 02:38:40 PM by baaaaaaguette »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »
Starting to understand why Chinese people Asians hate westerners after reading this thread.

It's just that one guy. Anyone with half a brain, or even a quarter brainer (like sneakysecrets) who can look at things objectively, knows that the days of decks from china being automatically inferior quality are long gone.

Unless you're referring to the way a discussion of skateboard manufacturers turned quasi-political in under 3 pages, in which case that's totally justified.   

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Unless you're referring to the way a discussion of skateboard manufacturers turned quasi-political in under 3 pages, in which case that's totally justified.

bingo

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »
The boards are great. Been skating dwindle wood for ages and never had an issue. I also make wooden toys out of skateboards [\b] and dwindle wood is the best to work with as some companies use patchwork ply under the top layers. Also the single press helps with consistency.

Can you share your work?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2021, 04:52:39 PM »
You know how when you need a usb charger for your car, or toner for your printer, you go on amazon and you scroll till you find the cheapest one and then you buy it,and then when it arrives it might be kind of wonky and the instructions don't make any sense? same thing here.

If a company's gear sucks, blame the owner who wanted to pay less for their product, not the people who filled the order. Chinese factories are capable of putting out any quality of board they are paid for, and if they send you crap you can bet it's to spec.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2021, 05:12:14 PM »
this isn't even true anymore in terms of quality. and i was the biggest dwindle hater. they also been making boards in china for like two decades. same with ps stix, maybe not as long. the wood is fine. just face the facts that a chinese factory can pump out boards that are on par with american decks. making a skateboard deck isn't that hard after all. expect to see more local board presses that take shares from american ones because the word is spreading that there are more options out there than bbs or ps.

you would need to prove first how dwindle even puts margins over quality. maybe they are convinced they really have the best boards. they constantly say so. even if they had better margins than other manufacturers, that says nothing about the quality of the product. your whole logic about the correlation of quality and margins is flawed, because there are more factors at play.

dwindle is not a small garage operation, it's an extreme sport conglomerate at this point. holding a major corp like them to realness standards like this is kind of ridiculous and ineffective. just vote with your dollar and don't buy their boards, if you dislike them anyways you'll miss nothing, so no one loses.

your post reads more like you have something against other people than americans making skateboards under the assumption that they can't be good or that anything produced in china is trash, whereas most stuff that is nowadays produced in the usa in my experience is also trash, especially the food, unless it's something high priced. to me made in usa is not a seal of quality, not anymore than made in china.same with made in germany as it means nothing anymore more like the og meaning of "beware, german copy". we mostly export thousands of tons of cheap pork that's barely surviving of meds into asia and cars and luxury goods to the usa, asia and rich oil states. still it's all fucking crap nowadays. the bitter truth is that a collectivist society like china will inevitably outpace individualist societies like the whole west in a game of competitive and economic mass production. not only will do they do the work cheaper, they will also do it better after a while because they don't stop until they streamlined the shit out of it.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2021, 06:44:22 PM »
The reason you will (more often than not) find a better board made in Mexico than China is because the people who run the factories in Mexico can travel there more frequently and maintain quality control.

The Palace decks I've skated seemed fine to me but the better boards are going to be made in smaller factories with tighter quality control. It doesn't matter where something is made. And China is the king of large manufacturing in order to keep costs lower, so quality control is going to be a lot looser. If a China factory is closely monitored and they aren't just mass producing for maximum profit, then they can make fine products, too. Same for USA. Same for Germany. Wherever.