Author Topic: Baker 4 or Deathwish Uncrossed?  (Read 3674 times)

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 756
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Baker 4 or Deathwish Uncrossed?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
baca 4

free max b
FREE MAX B

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2021, 06:13:06 PM »
Baker 4 had baca skating to bone thugs.

That’s a win every time bud

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2021, 06:27:17 PM »
Baker 4 played through more like an album and just felt 'nicer' to me. Uncrossed had heavier skating though.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »
Baker 4 no question

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2021, 08:43:25 PM »
Uncrossed felt like a 30 minute promo dvd you got in an issue of thrasher that was surprisingly awesome and got you psyched on the team.

Baker 4 was like a homie video of all your buddies you grew up with. The skating wasn't the best, but you were psyched to see them still ripping while trying to hold down a job and kids.

GuessAgain?

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 04:38:19 AM »
I love how people say the soundtrack to baker 4 was trash when Rowan literally skated to Minnie Ripperton's Les Fleurs. That's some legend shit. What are people expecting? Mumble trap?

itsyourdad

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
both are good. definitely wish baker/deathwish hadn’t separated their brands so much. baker 4 was a better video for sentimental reasons. i’d probably care more about deathwish if they had remained more like girl/chocolate.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »
I love how people say the soundtrack to baker 4 was trash when Rowan literally skated to Minnie Ripperton's Les Fleurs. That's some legend shit. What are people expecting? Mumble trap?

Even figgys song worked, shit was flowin

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 03:26:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even figgys song worked, shit was flowin
This. I don't even like watching figgy usually but that song made it the first rewatchable figgy part for me.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »
I bet all the people saying baker 4 never skated a handrail and don't jump down shit. Older dudes that skate curbs and shit. The deathwish video was nuts. Easily video of the year. So easy to watch and rewatch. Do you guys really prefer spankys part and old man Reynolds to Kirby and delfinos part?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 03:41:56 PM »
I bet all the people saying baker 4 never skated a handrail and don't jump down shit. Older dudes that skate curbs and shit. The deathwish video was nuts. Easily video of the year. So easy to watch and rewatch. Do you guys really prefer spankys part and old man Reynolds to Kirby and delfinos part?
With this logic, the Storm was better than Mouse because they skated more rails and jumped over djs and shit. And I'm not saying baker 4 is mouse but your metric for a "good video" abides by that.

fastlane

• Rep: -5
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »
Baker 4 was too LOOOOOOOOONG. It's disappointing cause it could have been so much better if they had edited it down. So Uncrossed then.

conqueso

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »
uncrossed.  foy, hayes, kirby did some pretty amazing skating

can't even remember anything in baker 4 other than hermans part was way too short

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
lol, neither. ill stick with baker bootleg, baker2g, and baker 3. baker has a deathwish was pretty good except for shane heyl, he gets the vert button every time.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2021, 04:43:47 PM »

Yes
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »
Which one do you think was better?

The impact of skate videos are dead. But my pick is Uncrossed. Baker 4 had too much "Supreme" filming and completely miss the spot.
Both soundtracks were trash because good music will be censored on Youtube. Baker 4 was terrible. Uncrossed was tolerable.

Untrue b4 was posted to thrasher where they don’t have to pay for music rights on that site that’s the reason they randomly release the parts on thrasher yt that’s them probably just getting the rights so all that music in b4 would have been on purpose death wish video probably fell to that hurdle tho honestly don’t understand why brands don’t just demonitise the videos on YouTube in the first place and release them on their on page and they’d be able to use whatever music they wanted n not have to pay anything you get around £1000-£2000 per million views anyway so it’s not really even worth paying for them

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »

Hey, I'm one of those old dudes you're describing but I prefer Uncrossed. I think it flows better, is a good length, and has better filming and incredible skating.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2021, 04:55:48 PM »

and Reynolds to Brian Eno's Big Ship. what an amazing combo. but maybe I'm just getting old.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
I've watched Uncrossed way more times than Baker 4 but I also love that Figgy part
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

winecrab

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 05:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
With this logic, the Storm was better than Mouse because they skated more rails and jumped over djs and shit. And I'm not saying baker 4 is mouse but your metric for a "good video" abides by that.

Baker and deathwish are all about hammers and gnarly skating. Deathwish definitely delivered but Baker 4 didn't. I've watched baker 4 3 times and all I remember a few tricks from Baca and Figgy.

The video is way too long, especially to watch before going skating. The deathwish video is good start to finish and gets me fired up to skate. Jamie Foy's first trick in his part is gnarlier than the whole baker video. It just didn't live up to the hype. They had like a decade to film while the deathwish dudes put it together quickly without hyping it up.

That's just the type of skating I prefer though. Baker was supposed to have the same type of skating but it didn't.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes

winecrab

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
[close]

Spanky's part in TIS is better than anything he's done or will do. I like him but his parts are so predictable. Watching Reynolds still skating is a treat but stay gold Reynolds was the best shit ever. In uncrossed they skated a lot of spots that were in plain sight but people didn't think was possible like Kirby's kickflip over that pink taco bump to bump and his tail drop into that skinny ledge towards the end. The video set a new standard for gnar which is super hard to do these days with so many amazing skaters out there.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2021, 08:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
[close]
[close]

Spanky's part in TIS is better than anything he's done or will do. I like him but his parts are so predictable. Watching Reynolds still skating is a treat but stay gold Reynolds was the best shit ever. In uncrossed they skated a lot of spots that were in plain sight but people didn't think was possible like Kirby's kickflip over that pink taco bump to bump and his tail drop into that skinny ledge towards the end. The video set a new standard for gnar which is super hard to do these days with so many amazing skaters out there.

is predictable bad?

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

winecrab

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2021, 09:35:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
[close]
[close]

[close]

is predictable bad?

Not necessarily but I feel like all his parts after baker 3 were the same. Banks, sw 180 nosegrinds, etc. He still rips though and I'm happy for him but I'd rather watch Kirby skate if I wanna get hyped up before a session. Baker 3 was such an anticipated video. I had my brother drive me to MIA skate shop the day that the DVDs became available. Watching it was an awesome experience. I thought baker 4 was gonna have the same impact but I don't really like the newer kids besides Rowan. It's a feel good video but just not what I expected. Baca surprised the shit out of me though. I wish Nuge had the same drive but he doesn't need to put out footage anymore since he's in that band, owns vol 4 and is doing good financially.

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2021, 10:53:27 PM »
baker 4 was quality, more sizzle than steak, but the steak was prime af (baca part)
uncrossed was better and heavier, but not better quality (Foy, Pedro is on another level, Kirby)

both were inconsistent in delivery, both could've been filmed/ edited better
baker 4 was kinda conceptualized better/ had "themes"
uncrossed had a choppy flow, film a tad worse than baker 4 imo

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 11:37:54 PM »
"Let's fucking go!!!" watch Baker 4.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2021, 03:27:10 AM »
Baker 4 is like that  drunk dude from your early 20s that was always at the DIY spots but disappeared one day. You see him again years later at the skatepark. He got his shit together, finished culinary school, is now married to some Italian chick, they have a daughter. Not as hilarious as he used to be but loves to reference his days as a pile. Still handsome but has a full head of grey hair, like nigga aren’t you only 34?

Uncrossed is the dude who went to Cali years ago for college and you see him around town during the holidays. Still a sick skater but every time you hang with him he is increasingly smug. You have to call him out for regurgitating a talking point Neal Brennan said on his podcast every once in a while so it gets awkward. His saving grace is that he now has great taste in movies.

So yeah I guess Baker 4.
Slap take of the year

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2021, 03:35:35 AM »
I can't get why people likes Foy skating, it's always the same tricks executed on bigger rails

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2021, 07:39:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
[close]
[close]

[close]

is predictable bad?
[close]

Not necessarily but I feel like all his parts after baker 3 were the same. Banks, sw 180 nosegrinds, etc. He still rips though and I'm happy for him but I'd rather watch Kirby skate if I wanna get hyped up before a session. Baker 3 was such an anticipated video. I had my brother drive me to MIA skate shop the day that the DVDs became available. Watching it was an awesome experience. I thought baker 4 was gonna have the same impact but I don't really like the newer kids besides Rowan. It's a feel good video but just not what I expected. Baca surprised the shit out of me though. I wish Nuge had the same drive but he doesn't need to put out footage anymore since he's in that band, owns vol 4 and is doing good financially.
That's all subjective. Kirby is good but I could give a fuck about his skating where as spanky is probably one of my favorites right now (if anything I like his new parts more). All comes down to what you're looking for.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »
The only problem with Baker 4 is that it's too long and they have too many riders, many of whom aren't producing the way they used to. If it was 5 or 6 of the best parts people would be singing it's praises regularly.