Author Topic: Favorite breakfast foods  (Read 1194 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
Re: Favorite breakfast foods
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
My local bagel spot sells a scrambagel, which is toasted bagel sandwich with scrambled eggs, green onion, butter, and cheese. When I buy it there, I typically add sprouts. I've also been making this sandwich at home and I'll add more veggies like kale or onions to make it even more hearty and douse it in hot sauce. Definitely one of my favorite breakfast items ever.

Another go to breakfast combo that I make at home a lot are sunny side up eggs with hash browns and toast with butter and jam. Super quick and easy while being very filling. My partner makes oatmeal a lot and will spruce it up with some mixture of peanut butter, cinnamon, granola, and fruit. We've been using a lot of date syrup lately and it also goes really well in oatmeal.

One of my favorite breakfast combos of all time, and one that I can't get where I live now, is youtiao (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youtiao). It's essentially long strips of fried dough that can be sweet or lightly salted. It's a very traditional Chinese breakfast food and you can buy them from food carts all over Beijing. They're typically served with fresh soymilk, and boy is that an amazing combo.

Miller92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 05:24:12 PM »
fuck breakfast but if i eat it its usually oatmeal with almond butter, banana, chia seeds etc.

im not even hungry till like noon

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2021, 11:13:20 PM »
I shifted my eating window to start later in the day (trying to incorporate intermittent fasting to some extent to improve metabolism and lose weight)
But cereal was my go to for ages and then i started to cut almost all dairy out of my diet, so now:

- Eggs and Spinach and Black Pepper with Ketchup or Hot Sauce. Sometimes on an English muffin, sometimes without
- Fruit Medley: Strawberry, Blueberry, and an Apple (with or without peanut butter)
- Cinnamon toast and a banana (eat the banana while I'm making the toast)
Super Champion Fun Zone

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 05:30:27 AM »
Can't believe how much shit people eat in the morning. Heavy ass foods too. Cheese in the morning can't be good for you.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 07:28:27 AM »
I like to kickstart my day with a delicious Hungry Man frozen breakfast.

(*Mountain Dew Code Red not pictured)

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 09:48:45 AM »
i cant eat in the morning or else i'll throw up

usually i'll have like a smoothie or some rice at like 11:30-noonish.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »
I was recently turned on to what I was told is a pretty traditional southeastern Asian breakfast, and I've been loving it because it's quick and easy and really delicious. 2 fried eggs, put some Maggi seasoning on them along with some chili oil (I am addicted to the Lao Gan Ma brand chili crisp), and a baguette or slice of bread to mop up the yolks etc. Takes like 5 minutes to make and has become a weekday staple.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2021, 10:51:55 AM »
Can't believe how much shit people eat in the morning. Heavy ass foods too. Cheese in the morning can't be good for you.

It’s a terrible habit but so fuckin hard to break man. Usually after my hungry man I don’t have to eat again until like 2pm and it always ends up being something super light like a bagel or salad, maybe an acai bowl. I’m also addicted to Halal food lately, kofta, chicken, lamb and rice combo with salad and massive amounts of white sauce got me slumped on my couch after 5 minutes.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:08 AM »
I keep it simple - black coffee, banana, 1 cup Special K w/ shredded almonds accompanied by 1 cup milk. Might substitute either the banana or the cereal with a peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2021, 06:40:29 PM »
green smoothie or green juice, acai bowls, avo toast, tofu scramble with vegan bacon/vegan sausage (beyond meat) makes the best faux sausages ever

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2021, 07:11:14 PM »

Can't help it if I wake up starving! I eat breakfast at 7am every day, often a homemade bagel egg and cheese, a piece of fruit, and a yogurt. I'm like 155lbs soaking wet. I know this metabolism isn't gonna last forever, but if I'm being honest... 7am and maybe 2 or 3pm are the only times I regularly feel hunger pangs. Dinner is just like a cultural thing for me.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2021, 07:15:30 PM »
I was recently turned on to what I was told is a pretty traditional southeastern Asian breakfast, and I've been loving it because it's quick and easy and really delicious. 2 fried eggs, put some Maggi seasoning on them along with some chili oil (I am addicted to the Lao Gan Ma brand chili crisp), and a baguette or slice of bread to mop up the yolks etc. Takes like 5 minutes to make and has become a weekday staple.

lao gan man is the shit! it means old step mom in mandarin lol.

my tastebuds make everything taste like shit in the morning - i sip water while i cook 2 eggs that are a little juicy in the middle, load it up with siracha and eat with half a bagel
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2021, 12:39:50 AM »
green smoothie or green juice, acai bowls, avo toast, tofu scramble with vegan bacon/vegan sausage (beyond meat) makes the best faux sausages ever

This absolutely sounds like my ideal breakfast (and I've spotted a few cool other ones in other posts too), but in the morning I often feel like fasting and I usually function too slowly to cook (although that's something I really like to do). So my breakfast reality really sounds more like two French presses of black coffee on an empty stomach and three or four joints before going skating, probably not ideal at all. When I come back is usually when I start feeling hungry and that's when I'll fix myself some shit.