Author Topic: I'm the new  (Read 306 times)

mrsaudrey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
I'm the new
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:43:06 AM »
Hi guys! I'm decided to log in this forum because i need some advice and i'd like to meet people who are passionate of skateboard. Last year i started skatebording on the cheapest, basic fishboard  :-X this year i wanna improve my ride and cross Hel (in Poland) on the skateboard. I think, i should buy a better one, and i think about cruiser. Could you tell me what to look for when choosing a board?

i hope my not good english will not the problem in communication, please be lenient  :)

Ol Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 101
Re: I'm the new
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 12:10:36 PM »
I’m not sure if you’re talking about riding around Hel or riding from Hel to the mainland. If you prefer to just ride around or are traveling long distances, definitely set up a board with large (58mm-70mm) soft (78a) wheels which will roll over rough surfaces easier and keep their momentum so you won’t have to push quite as much. If you just want to learn how to do tricks and are not traveling long distances, you can ride almost anything. Your best bet is to look through the Setups and Cruiser threads here, especially, where people post what they are riding and often include some extra information on why they like or chose that specific setup. It’ll probably take some time to get your mind around all the crazy reasons people ride what they ride but eventually you’ll get used to it and when you get to spend some time riding different things, it’ll all make more sense.
Good luck
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine