Author Topic: Miles Griptape  (Read 7006 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Miles Griptape
« on: February 16, 2021, 03:26:51 AM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Miles Griptape
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 03:38:30 AM »
 :o
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:44:39 AM »
Wha the
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 03:46:05 AM »
ok.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 03:52:37 AM »
So, they are trying to make a "conceptual" griptape brand? One of the most pretentious things ever. Griptape is fucking griptape man...

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 04:11:20 AM »
gonna blow up at the local zumiez

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 08:55:42 AM »
What could possibly be different about this brand? No need for another grip, unless it’s Deluxe getting into the game.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 12:04:43 PM »
Looks expensive. I’ll just stick to my sheet of Jessup that the shop provides to me for free when I buy a deck, thank you very much.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 12:31:36 PM »
What even is anyone basing their criticisms of this on? I went to their insta and there aren't even any real posts yet, I went to the link in their bio and it just took me to one of those "this domain name is available" type pages. I agree it seems pointless to launch a new grip brand but with a team like that I'm at least curious.

Also couldn't this easily be a complete prank? like couldn't you feasibly start an instagram for a "brand" just tag a bunch of pros in the bio and let people speculate?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 12:57:42 PM »
What even is anyone basing their criticisms of this on? I went to their insta and there aren't even any real posts yet, I went to the link in their bio and it just took me to one of those "this domain name is available" type pages. I agree it seems pointless to launch a new grip brand but with a team like that I'm at least curious.

Also couldn't this easily be a complete prank? like couldn't you feasibly start an instagram for a "brand" just tag a bunch of pros in the bio and let people speculate?
Not a prank, unless they also hacked Ishod's personal website and added the brand to his sponsors.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 03:23:53 PM »
What could possibly be different about this brand? No need for another grip, unless it’s Deluxe getting into the game.

Because much like bearings, decks, wheels and hardware, if you get the right people to promote your product you can sell a bunch of it even if its exactly the same as your competitors and comes from the same factory.

How many times have you heard someone at the park swear their Antihero board is the best wood but their friends deathwish sucked or something to that effect? 

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2021, 03:48:44 PM »
I thought Kenny Anderson’s new wheel company was called miles?
p-shuvs and v-flips

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 06:04:38 PM »
If peeing your pants is cool, then consider me Miles Davis.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
with a team like that im down for a full length

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not a prank, unless they also hacked Ishod's personal website and added the brand to his sponsors.

He has a personal site that doubles as a store front? WTF is going on.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

All the profits go to a foundation, I think one that helps suicide prevention/awareness if I recall but I think he was maybe going to pick a different cause with each drops.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
All the profits go to a foundation, I think one that helps suicide prevention/awareness if I recall but I think he was maybe going to pick a different cause with each drops.

Well I can't knock that. Wait, can I? No, no, that is pretty dope.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

thespacewolf

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
Got a sheet today, comes with a plastic blade which is cool, but it just feels like Jessup??

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »
Got a sheet today, comes with a plastic blade which is cool, but it just feels like Jessup??
how much

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »

For anyone wondering, you can get a box of like 100 of those plastic blades for $6~ on Amazon.

thespacewolf

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how much
5 bucks!

music critic

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 10:32:05 PM »
Does it have the thick adhesive and white backing paper that most of the small grip brands use?

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 05:32:15 AM »
How black is it?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 06:14:03 AM »
Emergency blade ain't a bad idea.

Had a look on their website, $80 for a hoodie! Gotta be taking the piss.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 07:52:55 AM »
Definitely gonna try a sheet if my local gets it or reviews are good  enough to warrant me ordering some.

I’m curious about how the grip feels, maintains grittiness,durability and cuts compared to jessup and mob.

Who’s behind miles and where it’s distributed through?

Are they all riders from mob and they all got on miles?

Why is the trademark on every logo?

What are horse shoes? Are their horse socks?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 08:02:37 AM »

That’s definitely what this is, and it’s no different than what NHS did when they created Bronson Bearings (which I don’t recall anyone turning up their nose at). The big companies are moving to have an in-house brand for every skateboard component, so they can better control distribution and enjoy higher margins. Not really more to it than that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:47:38 AM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Dan Gerous

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 08:07:49 AM »
Does it have the thick adhesive and white backing paper that most of the small grip brands use?
Brown recycled backing paper, micro holes like MOB, but from the photos, the grip itself does look more like Jessup, it has a similar gloss/shine that Mob doesn't have.

thespacewolf

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 08:14:28 AM »
From my sheet, I dont see any micro holes like Mob. I have a sheet of Mob that I compare it to, it's definitely less gritty than Mob & the Miles sheet on its own is very flimsy, it doesn't have that stiff/thickness that Mob does.