Author Topic: twin "hybird" decks  (Read 1809 times)

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
twin "hybird" decks
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »
this seems like a dream board for me, ive been throwing my board down whatever which way and as ive gotten better ive found the niches/uses for the tail and nose (duh) but either end feels too extreme (over/under powered). Is their a deck that closely fits this description.

1. steepness between a average nose and tail
2. shaped like a mix between a nose and tail

or just a board that has specificed ends but the dimensions of the nose and tail are nearly identical.
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
Re: twin "hybird" decks
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:15:44 PM »
Crob set up a chocolate “hybrid “ prototype in his recent 9 club board set up video. Hopefully they’ll start making them to sell. I had a real Ishod twin tail probably 5-6 years ago. The nose/tail didn’t seem as mellow as the tail on a normal deck.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 09:47:12 PM »
Ishod's Twin Tail or Neen's Twin Nose shape is probably your best bet

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 05:25:47 AM »
Alien has a twin shape. I dont know if it’s twin nose or tail or something in between  but I keep eyeing the one at my local.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:40:32 AM by Murge »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 05:53:01 AM »
New scumco Evan Smith guest board might be worth checking out. I only have an 8“ to look at so I'm not sure how it scales up to the bigger ones but it's got very similar dims and angles for both kicks. It's very mellow though so if you don't like flat boards I'd avoid it.

I think one of the crail 8.25 shapes has almost identical sized n/t but with different angles.

There's also a PGI shape that's the same idea - both kicks are basically the same size but the nose is a little bit steeper. I had a skate mental 8.25 on it but I'd imagine other companies that use PGI (Maxallure, visual, natural koncepts, consolidated etc) have used it as well. This is another mellow one (as are most PGI boards) so if you're used to BBS or SC standard mold boards it might take some time to adjust.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 07:57:17 AM »
People have said most options for twin decks - Real, Krooked, Deathwish, and quite a few other options with symmetrical kicks, the most recent one that will be widely available for a minute is the Krooked 8.3 (as per pic below) but the funny thing with most of these boards is they feel so short overall and the nose is actually more relevant than you might think, which is also the main reason we have so few twin boards and why it has only ever been something of a novelty for the most part.

A couple of guys I skate with are able to do almost everything both ways, so they find it the best to skate, just like Ishod Wair or Bobby Worrest who skate switch a lot.  Others like Anthony Van Englen prefer to ride a regular board, and does a lot of switch tricks, but prefers a normal nose to do them off, rather than a second tail or two symmetrical kicks.

Not to be a smartass, but the whole reason I like to have one or two coloured bolts is to show which end is which, and therefore make it a whole lot easier to see nose from tail when you just do plain black grip, but more to the point of the shape and feel of the kicks, there are a lot of companies out there that make very steep, very mellow, or nice in between kicks, so going in to a skate shop and standing on a lot of different boards is the best way to work out what feels more comfortable than what you might be currently riding.  I know with covid issues, that is easier said than done some times.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
The DLX TT is the most 'hybrid' you are going to get, even tho it's a Twin Tail. The dimensions are [almost] also perfect if you like an 8.3 (a true 8.3 so it really feels like an 8.25"), it's just a hair long for me and I would prefer the WB to be 14.25 or shorter these days. Have ridden 3 so far, still have a worrest in great shape too.

LOL, gotta love that 'designed by Ishod BOBBY sticker

Fhk

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 02:20:42 PM »
People have said most options for twin decks - Real, Krooked, Deathwish, and quite a few other options with symmetrical kicks, the most recent one that will be widely available for a minute is the Krooked 8.3 (as per pic below) but the funny thing with most of these boards is they feel so short overall and the nose is actually more relevant than you might think, which is also the main reason we have so few twin boards and why it has only ever been something of a novelty for the most part.

A couple of guys I skate with are able to do almost everything both ways, so they find it the best to skate, just like Ishod Wair or Bobby Worrest who skate switch a lot.  Others like Anthony Van Englen prefer to ride a regular board, and does a lot of switch tricks, but prefers a normal nose to do them off, rather than a second tail or two symmetrical kicks.

Not to be a smartass, but the whole reason I like to have one or two coloured bolts is to show which end is which, and therefore make it a whole lot easier to see nose from tail when you just do plain black grip, but more to the point of the shape and feel of the kicks, there are a lot of companies out there that make very steep, very mellow, or nice in between kicks, so going in to a skate shop and standing on a lot of different boards is the best way to work out what feels more comfortable than what you might be currently riding.  I know with covid issues, that is easier said than done some times.

I have this and it is wicked fun. I had the 8" Ishod and didn't like it..then the 8.25 which was slightly better. I like this 8.3 way better already and I have only fucked around on it.

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:01 PM »
Flip is also running twin shapes. All are 8.25" that i have seen but some are 31.88" and others are 32.25". It looks like all the 31.88" ones are sold out on the website in the past couple days but they still have some of the longer ones.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 03:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have this and it is wicked fun. I had the 8" Ishod and didn't like it..then the 8.25 which was slightly better. I like this 8.3 way better already and I have only fucked around on it.

Same here I had a 8.0 ishod twin and hated it. Felt like a flat plank I could barely get any pop on it. I got an 8.3 worrest twin tail slick and loved it though. I wouldn't mind trying an 8.5 twin tail if they start making them again

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »
There is a blank on SoCal that’s a symmetrical shape. I had one in 2019 and really loved it but for whatever reason have not skated another twin board since. I’ll try to dig around and edit this post with a link if they have it available.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »
I think baker has a twin shape that they either currently make or will be releasing? I just know that Reynolds mentioned Jacopo rides a twin tail

TPB3333

• Rep: -1
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 02:04:47 AM »
I saw an Alien Workshop twin board the other day. Nose or tail wasn't specified so it might be in the middle. I think it was called Owlien Twin

TPB3333

• Rep: -1
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 02:06:31 AM »
I saw an Alien Workshop twin board the other day. Nose or tail wasn't specified so it might be in the middle. I think it was called Owlien Twin

https://www.alienworkshop.com/collections/decks/products/owlien-twin-8-375-p-b
Here it is. Out of stock on their website, but I did see it in some shop, so maybe its still available in other shops.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 04:55:31 AM »
Twin threads too (just in case people only see half the info):

Twin tail
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.90

Twin "hybird" decks
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115688.0
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 05:15:43 AM »
My local has one and I’ve been eyeing it but I can send you their site if you. They sell online.