Author Topic: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread  (Read 6874 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
Re: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
I got some “diamond” krux in like 2004 when I was 14 bc I thought it was funny and cool. They broke p quickly.
I had the diamond Krux around 2004ish as well. Thrasher used to do a monthly trivia contest on their website. I entered every month not expecting to actually win. Eventually an unassembled complete showed up at my front door with one regular Krux truck and one downlow

Had some blue baseplate Tensors with the yellow slider plate when they came out. That may have been late 2000 or early 2001. I was young enough that I couldn’t tell the difference between good and bad trucks

My dad used to be a bmx-er, but wanted to try and skate with me when I was younger. Around 2000 he set up a board with blue Phantoms. He “skated” twice before hanging it up and giving me his board

I’ve also had and skated Destructos, Fury's, Royal’s, Trackers(turned surprisingly well), and plastic baseplate Gullwing Street Shadows

fuck you bama

Kneesles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 03:36:33 PM »
I rode 2nd hand original orions in the mid 90's (good trucks), venture lows from 97-99, indy stage 9s from 99-02, krux k3's from 02-15 (the k3's were awesome trucks compared to indy 9's in the early 2000's, they had a similar turn and were lighter/stronger). I have a set of k4s but they don't ride like the k3s did. If you put a extra 2mm flat washer under the bottom cup washer against the base plate you get a bit better turn out of them. Im on mini logos and tensor alloys these days and both are great trucks. My ML trucks are set up with a 1/8" bones riser, krux bottom barrel bushing, bones hard top and old indy aftermarket pivot cups. The tensor alloys have indy black barrel aftermarket bushing with a grind king top washer. The only issue with the tensor alloys is that you need a really small cupped or flat top washer on them so the hanger doesn't contact it on deep turns or pinching, otherwise they are great trucks and have a great turn/pinch. I grabbed the tensors for under $20 and they ride very similar to the way i have my ML trucks set up. I actually picked up a 8.75" pair of the tensors to try out some big boards too. For $20 a set with a lifetime warranty its a no brainer to me. I bet those atg's ride pretty nice too.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 03:38:17 PM »
Can somebody show me where the Destructo support group is?

Ran some for a few years as a kid, didn't know enough to be embarrassed
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Frank and Fred

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 04:10:49 PM »
I remember being so bummed on Stage 9s and not being able to get them to turn even with the Indy soft bushings (Which were 90a at the time) that I decided to try some Krux because I heard they turned pretty good. They weren't that bad but I went back to Indy with Stage 10s... until I found Thunder 151s and Aces.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 05:08:17 PM »
i got a pair of tensor trucks for free once and surprisingly skated very close to venture's which is pretty much all i ride.

they may have been magnesium or something so they were extra light, and weren't bad. After riding those trucks, i'd have to say if i ever couldn't get a pair of venture's or found tensors at a cheaper price, i'd definitely buy a pair of tensors

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 05:23:29 PM »
My first real trucks were Tensors! I was in 3rd grade! Lady at blades did me fucking dirty
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »
Currently skating/enjoying Tensor ATG Mags, also had Tensor with slider plates on my second legit complete in 2001 (didn't turn great, but I didn't know any better). I skated one set of Krux back when they had the neon hangers in maybe 2003. And then recently I just unearthed my trucks from my first legit complete, glow in the dark Krēper trucks (I was 10).

Also, for extra points, remnants of my brother's Monster trucks (Heath and Jamie skated for Monster, so we were hyped), some Ruckus trucks that bent on me as a 14 year old, and Crail Trucks that my friend's dad brought back from Brazil for me in 2002.

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2021, 06:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Can somebody show me where the Destructo support group is?
[close]

Ran some for a few years as a kid, didn't know enough to be embarrassed
I’ll admit my destructo use lasted into adulthood.

Get hungry on it!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
I've skated most of the B-tier trucks when I was younger:

Royal
Krux because it had the hole that doubled as a bottle opener and just discovered beer
Silver with the axle nut protectors that fell off after a session
Tensor with the plastic slider piece
Grind King
Orion (on a friends board)
Some Blank trucks where the kingpin protruded well above the hanger

I'm missing Monster, Mercury, Tracer, Tracker, Gullwing, Destroyer, Fury and Kre-per.

A short read from 2000 on the explosion of truck brands from 6 to 23.
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/turning-on-a-dime/
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 06:09:39 PM »
Skated tensor and silvers. My brother had kreepers back in the day so technically rode those. He also had Monsters, which I now have. So I guess you could say I’m an expert on terrible trucks.

Anyone wanna buy some Monsters?

laramieskate55

• Rep: -46
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 06:38:25 PM »
Tensor lights with the slide plates were nice

cky enthusiast

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2021, 07:01:27 PM »
Currently skating/enjoying Tensor ATG Mags, also had Tensor with slider plates on my second legit complete in 2001 (didn't turn great, but I didn't know any better). I skated one set of Krux back when they had the neon hangers in maybe 2003. And then recently I just unearthed my trucks from my first legit complete, glow in the dark Krēper trucks (I was 10).

Also, for extra points, remnants of my brother's Monster trucks (Heath and Jamie skated for Monster, so we were hyped), some Ruckus trucks that bent on me as a 14 year old, and Crail Trucks that my friend's dad brought back from Brazil for me in 2002.

THIS is the shit i was looking for

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 07:03:59 PM »
My first pro board had tensors with an orange slide plate

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »
I had pink krux's for a bit in middle school 😔

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »
I've had a pair of krux and tensors before how I ended up with them was a kickdown from friend at Church if Skatan in SB.

I didn't like those trucks not one bit, really was the beginning of the truck madness 2002ish. Tried many different truck's Ventures, Krux, Ventures, Thunder, Tensors.

Went to that park on the beachfront in Santa Barbara totally sucked that day on some Tensors with the plastic thingy was trash they were tight or awkward truck's horrible to get use to at a park.

I Kept getting in people's way kooking up the flow being a real stinker.  Saved up a few bucks and got a set of Indy's and a Shorty's board I believe it was Shorty's guilty had come out and I wanted a fresh setup.

Honestly Indy's, Ace's, & Thunder's are the truck's that I would ride now. We all make mistakes whenever we try a different brand we're not use to some good some bad but for reals though if it ain't the top tiered truck's they usually suck ass.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
My first real trucks were Tensors! I was in 3rd grade! Lady at blades did me fucking dirty
A shop named blades huh?! c'mon dude did you expect anything good from a place named that?!
Dueces Bitch's

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
Rode Tensors with the sliders back in the day.
Rode Krux when they first released the 8.25

Riding Tensor Maglite ATGs off and on for the past 1.5 years. Zero regrets.

Turn great (once you get Bones or Indy aftermarkets in there); they're like a Thunder/Theeve hybrid.
Stable on center
No wheel bite
Lightest out there
Grind better than anything out there (whatever your best/longest grind length is you can add a foot or two when using these, easy)
No short baseplate issues
No washer binding issues

They take some getting used to.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2021, 11:53:07 PM »
- skated a pair of krux around 2007 handed to me by a friend (gotta admit turn was superb; can't remember about the grind)

- my first complete had "monster trucks" as them were the only possible fit for my 7.5 at the shop

- skated a pair "fake Royal" right after the monsters (yes, we had those in Spain since some smart.ass dude "bought" the rights to manufacture skateboarding gear under the name) and were pretty decent since it was basically an stage ix (or x can't remember now) knock off

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2021, 11:55:22 PM »
Tensors def premiered at a time to capitalize on junior highers being stoked on the Rodney vs daewon videos and Rodney being in thps2. 

I was a big enough mccrank fan around menikmati that I bought royal trucks bc he wore their apparel a lot.  I also bought his first es pro model in grey which I always regretted

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2021, 12:28:49 AM »

these were my shit. badass!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2021, 12:35:55 AM »

these were my shit. badass!

Camo was my shit, I still have (and use) the GK tool, the Allen key attached to a bigger tool is easier to use than the tiny ones
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2021, 01:57:27 AM »
I love tensors

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2021, 02:46:55 AM »
Tried to buy a set of Orange Tensors from a lame ass dive shop/skate shop in the late 90s but my credit card declined. Guy was a dick about it.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2021, 03:22:46 AM »
People seem to be saying nothing but good things about these new Tensors. I'm tempted.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2021, 08:24:09 AM »
My first trucks were Mack II trucks, basically just got a Flip Geoff Rowley board and got the cheapest shit for the rest. I skated by my self for like 3 or 4 months and kinda dropped it cuz I got bored.

Then a few months after that my friend started skating and he got a Mystery deck with some banging ass Thunders. His trucks were tight, obviously doper than mine and I couldnt skate for shit so I thought that good brand trucks  were supposed to be tight. So I went and got my self some Krux Downlows. Can't really say how well they turned because I rocked them tight as shit and its when I was learning all the basic shit. They did last me like 3 years until I grinded the shit out of them.

Coincidentally I also won a Thrasher trivia in which you had to guess the first and last parts of Fully Flared (right before it was coming out) and I got a Foundation board, Pig wheels, bearings, bolts and some velvet wrapped Krux Downlows. Ended up trading those to my friend for his dope Thunders I always admired.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2021, 09:33:33 AM »
My first "real" trucks were the Krux Louie Barletta and I noticed a huge increase in quality over the blanks trucks I was riding before. I used to buy the cheapest wheel, bearing and truck combo from the skateshop because the pro level stuff was always so expensive

I then got a set of Tensor Maglights at one point and loved them for the weight and they grinded nice and smooth. I then broke the axle coming out of a crooked grind off a foot high ledge and I dont think Ill ever skate Tensor again because of that. Multiple people Ive seen with Tensor Maqglights break 'em

Im an Ace pilot now

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2021, 10:27:48 AM »
I didn't skate indys for years after I cracked both hangers after a few months in the 90s.

I got them for a bowl board around 2006.

I skated a lot of different trucks before, in between, and after. The worst was royal.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2021, 11:15:25 AM »
Regarding the thread subject: yes, I've skated Tensors and I really liked them.
Regarding trucks we are ashamed: I had the first Silver trucks, those with those things to protect the axle thread. They didn't turned, they looked stupid and the combo raw baseplate with yellow hanger is disgusting.
Sorry.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:03 PM »
i also had a pair of the diamond krux. guess those were pretty popular. I dont remember them being particularly shitty but i was young, broke and full of stoke at the time so i was happy to skate whatever. far as i remember they served my quest to hardflip every stair set in town as good as anything else.

think i still have the whole set up at my parents house. will post if i go over there.

Vernon Wells

• Rep: 34
  • Paydayyyyyyy
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
My truck bunts were mostly in the early '00s; Destroyer, Royal, Krux, Ruckus, Silver. Rocked some Theeves TIAX for some time, corny marketing but solid product. Recently skated some Tensor ATG mag lights, they're fun and can grind everything. But grinding concrete will get to the axle quickly, and the lightness made flip tricks feel weird.