Author Topic: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread  (Read 6884 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »
For some reason, in like 99, I remember my buddies trying to argue that Indy stock kingpins were weak and snapped easily, so I spent a day trying to smash that shit out with a framing hammer and my little kid arms. Was super frustrating and dudes GK axles snapped soon after ha ha ha
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote
My first real trucks were Tensors! I was in 3rd grade! Lady at blades did me fucking dirty
[close]
A shop named blades huh?! c'mon dude did you expect anything good from a place named that?!

One time in my teens I was skating Lenox Ledges in Harlem and this nice older self-described "skate betty" told me she loved every skater in new york except for the guys at blades.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cky enthusiast

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »
i used to ride my bike by the blades on broadway every day messengering and i never once thought to stop in- looked like a zumiez type deal

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
got a pair of krux on my cruiser board

Land of the Faust

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2021, 02:58:50 PM »
Currently skating/enjoying Tensor ATG Mags, also had Tensor with slider plates on my second legit complete in 2001 (didn't turn great, but I didn't know any better). I skated one set of Krux back when they had the neon hangers in maybe 2003. And then recently I just unearthed my trucks from my first legit complete, glow in the dark Krēper trucks (I was 10).

Did those things glow in the dark? I think I bought those as a gag and ended up not hating them.

Edit: Never mind, I see where you wrote that they glow in your post now.

Not gonna lie, if they brought those back I'd probably buy a pair.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
I had low tensor mag lites with the slider plate. I also had this set up with ~58mm 78D wheels. I spent my first year skating not being able to turn due to the tensors, while simultaneously getting wheelbite from the wheel + low truck combo. A combination of mistakes were made.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
I skated Krux and I loved them.  Mirror polish highs.   Turned great, felt great, would ride again (if Ace didn’t exist)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2021, 03:21:25 PM »
I might be the only one here who liked the old tensors back in the day, the slide pieces never broke for me.  Also, had the kreepers early on too before i realized i had to have plain silver indy, thunder or ventures to be cool.

On another note, i feel like Navigator trucks should be on here, they weren't as popular as the others mentioned here but i remember thinking the curved hangar was sweet.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2021, 03:44:25 PM »
I remember being so bummed on Stage 9s and not being able to get them to turn even with the Indy soft bushings (Which were 90a at the time) that I decided to try some Krux because I heard they turned pretty good. They weren't that bad but I went back to Indy with Stage 10s... until I found Thunder 151s and Aces.

Indy stage 9’s were the only trucks where I snapped the kingpin...I weigh 115 lbs. lmao
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »
Krux were my favorite trucks when I was in highscool.
I did have the sore back then but didn’t like them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 01:42:36 AM »
Luckily I've never skated any of these awful trucks. Krux, I have thought about on a few occasions because of some of their out there graphics and because of their riders.  I was shocked how many talented, well known pros skated/skate Krux. They're pretty bad from what I've seen and tried (rode someone else's board with them for a few minutes years ago. That doesn't count right? Since it wasn't my board.).

However, I skated 2 pairs of Silvers. Kingpins snapped within a month.  Sent them to Silver and got them replaced and those snapped within a month. Fucking hot trash those trucks were! Immediately went out and made just as bad a decision and bought Royals. I was not a savvy gear head as a youth until I tried Indy and never looked back. I actually skated a couple pairs of Royals: baseplate cracked on both sets.

I'll add another bad truck (at the time: 2008ish) - Thunder Hollow Lights. I bought them because my Royals' baseplate broke and those were only marginally better, but at least they lasted.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2021, 07:47:38 AM »
Today a kid asked me to test his board to see if it was good. It was a globe deck with tensors. I couldn't believe how light it was, popped an ollie and almost flew into the orbit. Don't know how they turn but those things are really light indeed.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2021, 04:34:19 AM »
I'll admit that I had tensors with the slidey bit when I was younger and was super hyped on them, I also really wanted kreepers when I was a kid but never had the money or even the knowhow to get them. While were admitting truck related faux pas we have committed, these are the corniest trucks I have ever owned which I look back on like :what was I fucking thinking"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2021, 04:39:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhc4m2zPHI0

"I'm being framed, it's all a set-up"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2021, 05:51:12 AM »
I also had those tensor with the plastic, best thing I can remember about them is that I would never get speed wobbles.
Before I had to go down a big downhill to skate downtown and I always had speed wobbles. With Tensors I was pushing downhill and nothing happened.
Oh, beautiful memories from when I wasn't a bitch.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2021, 06:47:02 AM »
I had a set of the OG Tensors. At the time turning was not my priority. All I cared about was going in a straight line and how light the trucks were.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2021, 07:30:34 AM »
Took my thunder 148s TI off and put on a set of mag lites and now I’m not sure I will skate those thunders again.

IpathCats

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2021, 07:32:53 AM »

Tomek

• Rep: 29
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2021, 07:35:10 AM »
Had tensors in 2000/2001. Had krux until 2006 because my indy kingpin broke

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2021, 08:14:34 AM »
Never skated any of those until tensor came out with the atg maglites.

I did skate phantom 2’s which without a doubt were the worst trucks ever

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2021, 08:25:47 AM »
Today a kid asked me to test his board to see if it was good. It was a globe deck with tensors. I couldn't believe how light it was, popped an ollie and almost flew into the orbit. Don't know how they turn but those things are really light indeed.

They are pretty light at 360g, so on par with a Venture 5.2 standard. The turn on the stock bushings are horrible, mushy, lots of lean with zero turn. But my friend who rips every session swears by them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2021, 08:28:46 AM »
Skated Tensors quite a bit as a kid. Glad to get that off my chest. Remember Fury Trucks? Yep, I had those, too. I absolutely don't remember anything good or bad about any of those, I guess that says a lot about my skateboarding. I remember a friend dropping in on a bigger bank on Tensor trucks and the kingpin of his front truck simply evaporated when he hit the flat. Gnarly and hilarious slam at the same time.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2021, 10:06:29 AM »
Skated Tensors quite a bit as a kid. Glad to get that off my chest. Remember Fury Trucks? Yep, I had those, too. I absolutely don't remember anything good or bad about any of those, I guess that says a lot about my skateboarding. I remember a friend dropping in on a bigger bank on Tensor trucks and the kingpin of his front truck simply evaporated when he hit the flat. Gnarly and hilarious slam at the same time.

The fury EVO 2 is a great truck

el bong

• Rep: 8
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2021, 12:14:14 PM »

Phantom 1's tho, light as fuck, turned pretty good, and came with a thin soft riser

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2021, 03:16:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fury EVO 2 is a great truck
I had the first ones I believe. The ones with "ballpoint technology" or sth like that. Also the baseplate had that thing for you not to use a tool which was pretty cool
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2021, 06:20:08 PM »
Just got reminded of Titan and Mercury trucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2021, 06:48:11 PM »
I had many pairs of krux over the years. I think it's because I actually grew to like the way they skated. I liked everything about them. The height, weight, the turning, and the way they felt when grinding. To this day I still think about buying them, but I am usually on thunders these days. But krux is my second pick for trucks.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2021, 07:10:04 PM »
My first pair of trucks were Gring king, I then moved on to Krux, I've owned 2 pairs of Royals... and most embarrassingly, I actually rode a pair of Navigator trucks... the absolute worst trucks ever made by the kookiest people out there.

Sadly, while I finally moved on to Independent, I'm currently riding Koston's pro trucks. Yea, I bought a pair of pro model trucks :|

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2021, 10:02:09 PM »
Just got a set of Tensor Mag Lights for ten bucks. The only matching pair I could find in the sale I went to this morning. Gonna trying em out tomorrow.

Probably gonna put some hard bushings in
The chillest1