Author Topic: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread  (Read 6882 times)

lazer69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
Re: admit you’ve skated krux/kreeper/tensor trucks in this thread
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2021, 11:36:17 PM »
I had krux a few years ago and I liked them.. Except that I snapped the kingpins quicker than I'd like.

Had royals twices. After I broke the 2nd pair, I was done. Besides that cant remember them being bad.

I did like how light my titan ti-lite were. And I got them for $20. If I could buy em for cheap again I'd get em.

I dont remember my opinions of how trucks rode back then, didnt pay attention, notice, or care. I got used to everything. The only thing that I paid attention to was board width, not other items, or metrics. Things have changed in that regard.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2021, 03:57:52 AM »

I dont remember my opinions of how trucks rode back then, didnt pay attention, notice, or care. I got used to everything. The only thing that I paid attention to was board width, not other items, or metrics. Things have changed in that regard.

This. Two more things I paid attention to: wheel size and pants size  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2021, 06:13:26 AM »
I don’t remember enough about the Royals to say much, but the stock bushings on Fury’s were about as durable as a couple Starbursts left in the front seat of your car in July.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2021, 06:27:29 AM »
I skated mag light lows last year, really really liked the grind on them... easily the nicest grind i've had from a pair of trucks.

But on both pairs I had, the axles bent after a few weeks, and those hangers wear down really fast.

They aren't a bad truck QC issues aside though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2021, 05:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Phantom 1's tho, light as fuck, turned pretty good, and came with a thin soft riser

Oh shit I had the phantom 1 and that piece on the hangar fell off

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
Tried Tensor twice. Was on a big Mullen kick when Enjoi was new, figured he made these trucks for a reason. Got some, set them up. Promptly leaned myself off the board just trying to turn. Never had a more frustrating session in my life. Fast forward a year or 2, friend of mine had some tensor on that Jamie Thomas skeleton board. Thought they looked cool, bought some. Same result, could not turn, horrible session. Back to indy. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »
Weirdest brands i bought were Cadillac and Orion in the mid 90's although orion had Koston on the team and i thought they were pretty decent. Also had some Tracker trucks with plastic baseplates that needed washers for the hardware nuts, otherwise the nuts drilled through the baseplates and it was impossible to take them off.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »
Krux are NHS so they are no different in quality than Indy's IMO and have better bushings from the jump. I ride them to this day and have no shame. (normal silver ones, all the kooky colours and graphics are a no-no)

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2021, 11:09:56 AM »
Krux are NHS so they are no different in quality than Indy's IMO and have better bushings from the jump. I ride them to this day and have no shame. (normal silver ones, all the kooky colours and graphics are a no-no)

They may be no different in build quality, but the turn quality is vastly different.

I had Krux on one of my boards for all of two sessions in a bowl. Both sessions I ended up pulling a different board out of the car to finish up. I then gave them away.

A buddy was building up a 9” board and I told him to get Ace. He went to the shop and the sold him Krux. This guy is not a hardcore skater. He used them 4 times and bitched about the turn every session. He was coming off Mini Logo 8.38 that DO turn. He then bought the ace and tossed the Krux.

Krux don’t turn. That’s fine for some people, but they are not the same as Indy just because they are both NHS

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They may be no different in build quality, but the turn quality is vastly different.

I had Krux on one of my boards for all of two sessions in a bowl. Both sessions I ended up pulling a different board out of the car to finish up. I then gave them away.

A buddy was building up a 9” board and I told him to get Ace. He went to the shop and the sold him Krux. This guy is not a hardcore skater. He used them 4 times and bitched about the turn every session. He was coming off Mini Logo 8.38 that DO turn. He then bought the ace and tossed the Krux.

Krux don’t turn. That’s fine for some people, but they are not the same as Indy just because they are both NHS

That's how I describe Krux to people who haven't tried them... Imagine Indy standards that don't turn. You lean on them and nothing happens, then when it starts to feel like they're going to do something they just flop over and laugh at you as you run into whatever you were trying to go around. The closest thing to an acceptable turn I got from them was with indy 92a conical bushings and even then I had to tic tac everywhere.

They do have a nice pop feel though, so I understand why a lot of YouTube types skate them.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »

They do have a nice pop feel though, so I understand why a lot of YouTube types skate them.

Pop feel - and when they land a trick sketchy and off balance the board keeps going relatively straight.  A lot of those guys don't want their truck to turn.

el bong

• Rep: 8
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2021, 08:39:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Phantom 1's tho, light as fuck, turned pretty good, and came with a thin soft riser

[close]
Oh shit I had the phantom 1 and that piece on the hangar fell off

The circle logo? Same here

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2021, 08:51:10 AM »
I stil got my phantom 2s. I was soo juiced to get em. Ha. I sold a goth kid my furys for a grip in 6th grade, kinda wish I woulda kept em instead.
Also I've outed my brother herr before but this boul actually seeks put and prefers krux. As a family member I kno I let him down somewhere along the way.
Whoa. Danger.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2021, 08:54:22 AM »
"Why do I need my trucks to turn when I can just tick tack?"

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2021, 09:23:56 AM »

For real, turning radius was never a thing. I just tick tack'd. But as and older skater that's the first thing I'm noticing about Ventures.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2021, 09:42:51 AM »
If Krux don't turn how does Nora manage to have a job skating mostly transition? Honest question. I've never tried Krux.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »
If Krux don't turn how does Nora manage to have a job skating mostly transition? Honest question. I've never tried Krux.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCH9SQlsW4

Just watch her OJ part - she lands the way she wants to go - very minimal carving going on - she's probably just got used to them by now... mikey whitehouse makes em work.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCH9SQlsW4

Just watch her OJ part - she lands the way she wants to go - very minimal carving going on - she's probably just got used to them by now... mikey whitehouse makes em work.
She runs bones mediums as well.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »
I remember when I heard they were discontinuing a certain generation of Grind King I bought 3 sets the next day because they were my favorite trucks.

I tried Krux once out of curiosity and the were NOT my favorite trucks. I didn't like them at all.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2021, 01:31:23 PM »

me to this day. my shits so tight

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2154
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2021, 07:41:48 PM »
Not a lick of any of them, actually.
Pretty much Thunder & Indy for the last 40 years, until I recently succumbed to the Ace hype & jumped aboard that plane/train/wagon by purchasing a couple sets of them there.
However...
I do find myself in possession of THIS, with absolutely zero recollection of how it came to me. Not sure if I should be embarrassed. Perhaps it’s the result of a drunken evening of hot romance with a pair of Gring Kings that I’ve long since forgotten?
Anyway, I have this thing, and to my knowledge, I’ve never watched it.

Features: Chris Swanson, Dave Ruel, Pee Wee, Brigham Edwards, Kyle Hagerty, Billy Wilson, Ryan Carpenter, Seth Dunk, and J.J. Mace.
I honestly haven’t ever heard of half the dudes in this.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2021, 08:40:34 PM »
Pretty much Thunder & Indy for the last 40 years, until I recently succumbed to the Ace hype & jumped aboard that plane/train/wagon by purchasing a couple sets of them there.
However...
I do find myself in possession of THIS, with absolutely zero recollection of how it came to me. Not sure if I should be embarrassed. Perhaps it’s the result of a drunken evening of hot romance with a pair of Gring Kings that I’ve long since forgotten?

Features: Chris Swanson, Dave Ruel, Pee Wee, Brigham Edwards, Kyle Hagerty, Billy Wilson, Ryan Carpenter, Seth Dunk, and J.J. Mace.

Rip and upload this masterpiece please.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2021, 01:35:07 AM »
However...

Lou Strux on Kreper flow confirmed.  ;)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2021, 02:14:06 AM »
i had a pair of monster trucks. does that count as well?

they weren't that bad actually.

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2021, 03:18:27 AM »
I’ve done worse than simply skate Tensors

I reviewed them once for a magazine when they first came out

It rained the whole week leading up to deadline. Couldn’t skate them. In the end, last day possible, I skated a semi waxed curb under 10ft of bridge for 5 mins before getting kicked out

I remember trying to skirt around the fact that I hadn’t skated the trucks, and trying to write a rambling story which at some point tangentially mentioned the trucks.

But I failed to mention they were shit. I’ll go to my deathbed maintaining that this was because I hadn’t skated them, but the fact remains- I had the opportunity to warn people and failed

Shortly after, I did get the chance to skate them, then almost immediately gave them to a friend. A week later they almost killed him. Karma is real.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2021, 03:23:14 AM »

It rained the whole week leading up to deadline. Couldn’t skate them. In the end, last day possible, I skated a semi waxed curb under 10ft of bridge for 5 mins before getting kicked out

I remember trying to skirt around the fact that I hadn’t skated the trucks, and trying to write a rambling story which at some point tangentially mentioned the trucks.

But I failed to mention they were shit. I’ll go to my deathbed maintaining that this was because I hadn’t skated them, but the fact remains- I had the opportunity to warn people and failed

Shortly after, I did get the chance to skate them, then almost immediately gave them to a friend. A week later they almost killed him. Karma is real.

this sounds like a big brother product review

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2021, 05:35:53 AM »
Expand Quote
However...

[close]

Rip and upload this masterpiece please.

Fully intrigued by this since Creepshow is a top 5 movie for me and because I had no idea that Kreper made a video, let alone had a team.

Silent Bob.

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2021, 06:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think I was inspired by Big Brother, only without the talent to back it up. The proverbial little sister

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2021, 09:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think I was inspired by Big Brother, only without the talent to back it up. The proverbial little sister

Find that review and post it up like a real man / woman.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Silent Bob.

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »
It’s in a pile of magazines in a pile of boxes in the attic - really not worth the effort I promise!!