Author Topic: Uyghur Slaves & The Beijing Olympics  (Read 3342 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Re: Uyghur Slaves & The Beijing Olympics
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2021, 07:19:25 AM »
This thread has some sad China defenses. China fucking sucks, none of you all are going to move there because you literally couldn’t even post complaints about it on the internet. They just crushed democracy in Hong Kong last year. If the USA had done the same people would be using that as a reason to demand no one criticize other countries for the next two hundred years.

It’s not news the USA has done lots and lots of bad things. We also just managed to throw out a would-be fascist dictator, something none of the countries people are smugly defending managed, so maybe give it a rest for a bit.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2021, 07:23:01 AM »
grrr me can’t read me hate china

chicken boner

• Rep: -2
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
This thread has some sad China defenses. China fucking sucks, none of you all are going to move there because you literally couldn’t even post complaints about it on the internet. They just crushed democracy in Hong Kong last year. If the USA had done the same people would be using that as a reason to demand no one criticize other countries for the next two hundred years.

It’s not news the USA has done lots and lots of bad things. We also just managed to throw out a would-be fascist dictator, something none of the countries people are smugly defending managed, so maybe give it a rest for a bit.
you can't vote out a dictator. you're a product of indoctrination. meanwhile in china, this is what happens when you joke about the ccp police online. https://lulz.com/wp-content/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/fbimg.php?img=https%253A%252F%252Flulz.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fchinese-police-cage-interrogate-critic-wechat-comment.jpg&post_id=0

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2021, 08:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you can't vote out a dictator. you're a product of indoctrination. meanwhile in china, this is what happens when you joke about the ccp police online. https://lulz.com/wp-content/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/fbimg.php?img=https%253A%252F%252Flulz.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fchinese-police-cage-interrogate-critic-wechat-comment.jpg&post_id=0
You can vote out a dictator, ask Slobodan Milosevic.

Anyway I said would-be dictator. Either way we got rid of him. Good luck getting rid of Putin or Xi.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2021, 08:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote

1) yes because it’s on the way to Europe and uses them as a leverage in negotiating their deals.
1b)USA is far from Christianity and trumps politic even more so
3)there is more evidence for then against it. Try to go live in China from USA and try to go to USA from China.
Of course no country is innocent...Germany is biggest exporter of weapons and fentanyl (or something) that is used for making meth or something. And so on. the whole western civilisation thing has roots in killing , stealing and playing dirty to win and that’s the problem with the west since Rome. Never changed , and would be much different if Carthage won like they should have.

Honestly it’s hard to have conversation with someone who thinks USA is the only country in the world.
[close]

You already have a your mind made up. And you decided Muslim s are bad and China is uniquely worse than everyone else. It is sad view of the world.

1)  "Oh Turkey is housing refugees...that isn't cause they do good, it is because the EU is forcing them to do good. All Muslims and Muslim countries are bad, if they do good it is because they were forced into it."

Any example of Muslim outreach to anyone will meet the same bullshit.

Turkey reached out Azerbaijan after is separated from the Soviet Union. "Uhh because it was secular at the time. They were good then but now they're bad because Muslim."

Don't get me wrong, I don't back any religion and theocracy sounds like a complete nightmare, and your pro Christian anti-muslim holy war strikes me as one step towards Western Christian theocracies.

2) who counts as a Christian nation if the USA doesn't (77% identify as Christian and the GOP often tries bring theocracy into practice)? Which Christian nations were you talking about?

3) As someone who doesn't live in the USA... I know quite well that the US is not the only country.

4) As someone who lived in a Muslim country for four months,  your perspective really bums out. I miss my Muslim skate friends and I had a great time as a guest in their country.

1)in the case of REFUGEES and freedom of speech , I know perfectly well that turkey is amazing country. I bet you would argue with someone from turkey how their government who JAILED thousands of educated people last couple of years is cool.

2) so you are saying that CHRISTIANS From USA didn’t want refugees? I was thinking more about how trump and co are not very Christian. There is a lot of Christian counties in Europe that accepts Muslim refugees arms open.

3)you and people like you bum me out. For people like you Saudi Arabia is AMAZING country.. the fact that women are not allowed to participate in public life in most of those Muslim countries is enough for me to not like them.
Go and try to live more than 4 months in Muslim country and try to make life for yourself working in public sector.
I know that you want to be nice and politically correct but there is some mean people on the other side that would easily take advantage if everyone was like you.

I have nothing against people but politics of those countries and that’s it.

S.        H.         A.          L.     O.        M.   
9/11 was a national tragedy

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2021, 09:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

1) yes because it’s on the way to Europe and uses them as a leverage in negotiating their deals.
1b)USA is far from Christianity and trumps politic even more so
3)there is more evidence for then against it. Try to go live in China from USA and try to go to USA from China.
Of course no country is innocent...Germany is biggest exporter of weapons and fentanyl (or something) that is used for making meth or something. And so on. the whole western civilisation thing has roots in killing , stealing and playing dirty to win and that’s the problem with the west since Rome. Never changed , and would be much different if Carthage won like they should have.

Honestly it’s hard to have conversation with someone who thinks USA is the only country in the world.
[close]

You already have a your mind made up. And you decided Muslim s are bad and China is uniquely worse than everyone else. It is sad view of the world.

1)  "Oh Turkey is housing refugees...that isn't cause they do good, it is because the EU is forcing them to do good. All Muslims and Muslim countries are bad, if they do good it is because they were forced into it."

Any example of Muslim outreach to anyone will meet the same bullshit.

Turkey reached out Azerbaijan after is separated from the Soviet Union. "Uhh because it was secular at the time. They were good then but now they're bad because Muslim."

Don't get me wrong, I don't back any religion and theocracy sounds like a complete nightmare, and your pro Christian anti-muslim holy war strikes me as one step towards Western Christian theocracies.

2) who counts as a Christian nation if the USA doesn't (77% identify as Christian and the GOP often tries bring theocracy into practice)? Which Christian nations were you talking about?

3) As someone who doesn't live in the USA... I know quite well that the US is not the only country.

4) As someone who lived in a Muslim country for four months,  your perspective really bums out. I miss my Muslim skate friends and I had a great time as a guest in their country.
[close]

1)in the case of REFUGEES and freedom of speech , I know perfectly well that turkey is amazing country. I bet you would argue with someone from turkey how their government who JAILED thousands of educated people last couple of years is cool.

2) so you are saying that CHRISTIANS From USA didn’t want refugees? I was thinking more about how trump and co are not very Christian. There is a lot of Christian counties in Europe that accepts Muslim refugees arms open.

3)you and people like you bum me out. For people like you Saudi Arabia is AMAZING country.. the fact that women are not allowed to participate in public life in most of those Muslim countries is enough for me to not like them.
Go and try to live more than 4 months in Muslim country and try to make life for yourself working in public sector.
I know that you want to be nice and politically correct but there is some mean people on the other side that would easily take advantage if everyone was like you.

I have nothing against people but politics of those countries and that’s it.

S.        H.         A.          L.     O.        M.   
the more you write the dumber you sound.
you should stay in your lane, maybe just stick to your threads dedicated to mocking skaters with mental health issues.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »
^^give me your Instagram so I can do that

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »

You're not even a fraction as funny as you think you are and represent some of the worst unchecked behavior on this forum. However, we need people like you to remind ourselves of what not to become. At the end of the day, I guess you can be proud of yourself for successfully stirring the pot. Bravo!

And yes, your arguments here sound really, really dumb.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

cky enthusiast

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think about those people very often. Don’t know what to say, 2 mil people kept as slaves?! Is that even possible ?

What’s the solution? Ok so they are Muslims,  I never see Muslim countries helping each other in a way that they would react to this. The same way that refugees are not welcome in neighbouring Muslim countries but go to Europe. Christians as fucked as they are you could NEVER hold 2mil people as slaves because they are Christian, you would get under all sorts of pressure and in the end attacked.

Chinese really think of others like they would think about chickens that they breed for meat. They are using them like animals without any empathy.

Edit- and I really like Chinese history and culture and everything. But there is no place for other people in their world and that’s it..
[close]

This is not a good post. I'm sorry, but this is bad. Very bad.

But does a great job of oversimplifying geopolitics and it is especially good at demonizing Muslims (they don't do anything good) and then demonizing the Chinese (they don't see value in human life).

1) Turkey has the highest number of refugees compared to their population.
1b)Do you remember when Trump and friends were freaking out over all the South/Central American (Christian) migrants coming to invade the USA. Way to welcome other Christians into America with open arms.

2) This whole Chinese don't care about people shit... I'm sure there is evidence for this and there is evidence against it. The same propaganda and selective thinking can be used on any country, especially, ours. As former president Trump would say, "You think our country’s so innocent?"

Honestly, it is difficult to have any sort of rational conversation here because it seems on one end there is an ideological need to demonize Muslims and China and on the other side there is a need to defend those who are unfairly persecuted (Muslims) and, while there is no desire to defend China, there is a strong desire to respond to the over the top criticisms that are obviously built on ideology (its not what China has done that upsets the right, it is the fact they are "communist" that upsets the right... I mean you don't think Tucker Carlson and Anne Coulter have wet dreams about running Muslim slave camps? I'm sure Tucker is stroking one out right now dreaming what he could get away with if he was in charge).
[close]
have you ever watched Tucker/read Coulter? they get demonized pretty hard but in Tucker's case anyways, he's a family man. i think he'd be a lot happier if muslims stayed in muslim countries and thrived. Coulter wants America to go back to the 50s. pre welfare state, everyone was doing better than they are today. i don't think you have any honest reason to connect either w/ oppression . you, by buying sweatshop skate shoes are closer to profiting off slavery than either of them [supposing they wear New Balances].
you want evidence China doesn't care about human life? how about the Great Leap Forward? 100 million dead? that's the glaring one, Tibet, Taiwan and Hong Kong being the small fries.

lmao you need to take like a 20th century history 101 course ASAP dude

this country is so fucked

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2021, 12:25:31 AM »
I think what he means is that oppression that occurred in the US during the 20th century absolutely pales in comparison to the oppression happening in the rest of the world during that time.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
Damn it’s crazy how many big western businesses will stand up against perceived Chinese injustices while doing fuck-all about serious problems in their own backyards.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »

FWIW my post was not a defense of China but about opposition to imperialism. Are you suggesting Western countries invade China? The US has done just as many awful things internationally by installing puppet dictators and invading countries, not to mention the entire country's origins and existence. The reason there's so much anti-China sentiment is not simply because they're a bad country. There are lots of countries that fit the bill that get little press. The reason the West is pumping out so much anti-China news is primarily because China is a threat to Western dominance. But the West played a huge part in China's rise when corporate interests sold American manufacturing out to China to make more money without caring how that would affect Americans. Do you think it's a coincidence that Westerners are all pissed off at China about the West's decline when they should really be pissed off at the rapacious oligarchs who have bled us dry? Of course not. They want you to direct your anger at China not themselves. Yes, China's government sucks but is it our business? America should focus on putting corporate greed in check and building itself back up instead of warmongering.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2021, 06:41:14 PM »
FWIW my post was not a defense of China but about opposition to imperialism. Are you suggesting Western countries invade China? The US has done just as many awful things internationally by installing puppet dictators and invading countries, not to mention the entire country's origins and existence.
Well put. I’d recommend Humanitarian Imperialism by Jean Bricmont to anyone interested in a fully fleshed out look at that same idea.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're not even a fraction as funny as you think you are and represent some of the worst unchecked behavior on this forum. However, we need people like you to remind ourselves of what not to become. At the end of the day, I guess you can be proud of yourself for successfully stirring the pot. Bravo!

And yes, your arguments here sound really, really dumb.

Kook

primo

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2021, 09:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

FWIW my post was not a defense of China but about opposition to imperialism. Are you suggesting Western countries invade China? The US has done just as many awful things internationally by installing puppet dictators and invading countries, not to mention the entire country's origins and existence. The reason there's so much anti-China sentiment is not simply because they're a bad country. There are lots of countries that fit the bill that get little press. The reason the West is pumping out so much anti-China news is primarily because China is a threat to Western dominance. But the West played a huge part in China's rise when corporate interests sold American manufacturing out to China to make more money without caring how that would affect Americans. Do you think it's a coincidence that Westerners are all pissed off at China about the West's decline when they should really be pissed off at the rapacious oligarchs who have bled us dry? Of course not. They want you to direct your anger at China not themselves. Yes, China's government sucks but is it our business? America should focus on putting corporate greed in check and building itself back up instead of warmongering.

China is not just threatening western dominance. They're threatening to take over all of Asia. If they do that the west is also fucked. Their threat is bigger than China vs America. India, Taiwan, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, are all threatened. They already took over Hong Kong and Tibet. They've been working their way into North Korea non-violently which will eventually result in them running North Korea. 

I live in Asia. China is a real threat and other countries perform regular military drills and area always watching China and North Korea. Just recently India had a really violent standoff with China at their border.

Chinese people are fine and I'm sure a lot want freedom and peace but their government is a threat to the world and they need to be stopped. I wouldn't want war or invasion but something has to be done. That's the hard part and that's why America is being so hard on China through business and trade moves.

Philippines: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/philippines-protests-china-law-verbal-threat-war-75511461

Taiwan: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55851052

North Korea: https://www.jstor.org/stable/resrep20184?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents

Japan: https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-china-backing-japan-in-a-corner-2018-1

India: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53061476