Author Topic: Uyghur Slaves & The Beijing Olympics  (Read 3339 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Uyghur Slaves & The Beijing Olympics
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2021, 06:55:13 AM »
shouts to ik130 for knowing exactly what button to push to get everyone freaking out at each other btw

skunty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2021, 07:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For everyone tryna play around on the fucking topic. You either are A) totally cool with slave labor and are a shitbag, fuck you, I hope you end up in a camp. or B) a sane person.
[close]
Yeah those are the only two possibilities, definitely not a complex issue with history and misinformation from multiple directions.

We've already done this thread a bunch of times, no minds are being changed, just a lot of lazy invective.
[close]
it’s not complex. You either support slave labor or you don’t.

To put things in perspective - USA has a 1/3 of the population of China yet still has more people locked up than the scary Chinese authoritarian communists, and of course in America it is legal to use prisoners as slaves because the 13th amendment specifically makes that exception (and wouldn't you know it black people are imprisoned at 5x the rate of white people). Meanwhile, all the reporting about the camps in China's supposed concentration camps in Xinxiang cites questionable research from an Evangelical theological institution who believes the rapture is coming any minute and feels he was led by God to spread the news that China bad. Somehow he didn't manage to convince the Muslim world, which banded together to block the west's UN resolution to punish China for these supposed concentration camps.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 07:27:01 AM »
Zenz'd
freal

Is there some kind of slap discount code for Epoch Times subscriptions I missed out on?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2021, 07:48:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

Is there some kind of slap discount code for Epoch Times subscriptions I missed out on?
There are some really interesting connections between the Epoch Times, Shen Yun, Falun Gong, Scientology, the religious right, and the Muslim faith all coalescing around anti communist sentiment, that I never would have imagined.
Not exactly a Puleo "do the math" type of thing, but I was surprised when first presented with the info. Of course, it makes sense when you consider motivations, but still...
Strange times make for strange bedfellows.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

skunty

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2021, 07:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

[close]
There are some really interesting connections between the Epoch Times, Shen Yun, Falun Gong, Scientology, the religious right, and the Muslim faith that all coalesce around anti communist sentiment.

It's all one big psyop

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2021, 07:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

[close]
There are some really interesting connections between the Epoch Times, Shen Yun, Falun Gong, Scientology, the religious right, and the Muslim faith all coalescing around anti communist sentiment, that I never would have imagined.
Not exactly a Puleo "do the math" type of thing, but I was surprised when first presented with the info. Of course, it makes sense when you consider motivations, but still...
can you post something that highlights those connections? my interest is piqued and i have a vested interest in shen yun in general

skunty

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2021, 08:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

[close]
[close]
can you post something that highlights those connections? my interest is piqued and i have a vested interest in shen yun in general

Falun Gong is a new chinese religion, Shen Yun is their dance. Falung Gong are based in New York and are enemies of the CCP. Falun Gong also runs/prints Epoch times, which is a far right conspiracy newspaper that often appeals to the evangelical christian community (and probably has more ties to it, idk I haven't looked into that). The Epoch times also has been pushing the Uighur concentration camp theory (perhaps outreach to Muslim world to promote anti-communism). Not sure how scientology fits into it all.

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 08:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's amazing how effective CIA propaganda is
[close]

I'm so fucking tired of this lazy, dismissive take. Go read the CCP's official statements about what's going on at those camps and then ask yourself if you're cool with it. There is video, satellite, first hand verbal, etc. evidence of the atrocities going on in those camps that have been uncovered and reported on by people who've dedicated their lives to studying Chinese affairs. If you have some earth shattering new research that puts all of that into question, by all means please share it.
[close]
uhh most of the support for the camps comes from majority muslim countries and most of the negative reporting coming from evangelical fascist media groups and american politicians like rubio and pence lol. fuckin’ worms for brains. a country has less than 5% poverty rate and the CIA has to keep you mistrusting communism so they claim that china is doing what the american government actually has been doing for 200 years.

The fact that the US commits humanitarian atrocities regularly doesn’t mean that China is actually secretly good. The world isn’t a marvel movie where there are clearly defined heroes and villains. They are both ruthless governments that work in service of capital. If you think that the CCP is actually a communist party, and that’s why the CIA needs you to believe they are bad, you might want to go get your head checked.

None of this addresses the main point I made, you don’t have to believe the reporting of Adrian Zenz (the fundamental Christian that whatever Twitter thread you cribbed your ideas from is probably referencing). You don’t have to believe the scores of researchers who have spent their lives educating themselves on Chinese politics. You don’t have to believe the overwhelming evidence in front of you, you can wave it away and call it all a CIA psyop if it makes you feel better.

Just look at what the CCP has come around to admitting is going on there. Look at videos of Uighurs at the camps talking under duress about what kind of things happen there. Even this extremely sanitized version is terrifying.

Step outside of the social media bubble a bit and actually engage with the scholarship if this is something you really feel passionate about.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 08:52:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

[close]
[close]
[close]

Falun Gong is a new chinese religion, Shen Yun is their dance. Falung Gong are based in New York and are enemies of the CCP. Falun Gong also runs/prints Epoch times, which is a far right conspiracy newspaper that often appeals to the evangelical christian community (and probably has more ties to it, idk I haven't looked into that). The Epoch times also has been pushing the Uighur concentration camp theory (perhaps outreach to Muslim world to promote anti-communism). Not sure how scientology fits into it all.
Yep; there’s a tidy li’l nutshell version for yinz.
The Xenu connection is primarily financial, because the CoS wants into the China faith “market” but find themselves similarly on the outs with the CCP, so they’re taking a “the enemy of my enemy...” approach. The Falun Gong/Epoch Times/Shen Yun guys are backing the Uighur Muslims’ rights issue (humanity aside) because it is another disruptive/destabilizing force at the ruling regime’s table. Meanwhile, the poor Uighur people wind up playing pawn on the global stage, deprived of dignity, agency, safety, humanity, etc. as slave labor building shoes & phones for me under threat of rape/torture.
Cariumygodwhatarethoseturdsonyourfeet may be made “ethically” but their association with Scientology, via the Berrics means they are still complicit in human atrocity.
Once again, it all comes back to FUCK BERRA.
Oooh, look at me angling for an 11th hour shot at this weeks Chadd Sinclair Foundation muckraking award for investigative blah, blah, blah.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

conqueso

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zenz'd
[close]
freal

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yep; there’s a tidy li’l nutshell version for yinz.
The Xenu connection is primarily financial, because the CoS wants into the China faith “market” but find themselves similarly on the outs with the CCP, so they’re taking a “the enemy of my enemy...” approach. The Falun Gong/Epoch Times/Shen Yun guys are backing the Uighur Muslims’ rights issue (humanity aside) because it is another disruptive/destabilizing force at the ruling regime’s table. Meanwhile, the poor Uighur people wind up playing pawn on the global stage, deprived of dignity, agency, safety, humanity, etc. as slave labor building shoes & phones for me under threat of rape/torture.
Cariumygodwhatarethoseturdsonyourfeet may be made “ethically” but their association with Scientology, via the Berrics means they are still complicit in human atrocity.
Once again, it all comes back to FUCK BERRA.
Oooh, look at me angling for an 11th hour shot at this weeks Chadd Sinclair Foundation muckraking award for investigative blah, blah, blah.

but but.....they give skateboards to kids in need and plant trees every time you buy new aruba shoe

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2021, 09:14:03 AM »
The Olympics, the Berrics and China all suck. Don’t start with me, I’ve been there it sucks.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i am also such a mondo dumbass that i can look at the last 200 years of economic history and declare “its not complex” because my dad bricked me in the head when i was 12
[close]
spare the insults and explain to me why you’re personally cool with slave labor. Why do you back this? What complex concept justifies slavery in your eyes?
[close]

the congolese child who mined the cobalt in your phone thanks you for your concern
[close]
I just remembered we already did this.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you dudes are gonna freak when you find out where the cobalt in your iphones come from
[close]
over half of the worlds supply comes from Africa. Specifically the Congo
[close]

my point was more like there is no ethical consumption under capitalism
[close]

www.fairphone.com
Got mine two weeks ago because my second-hand iPhone battery died and Apple didn't want to replace it because it was not a genuine part.
I love it so far !
[close]
Check out fairphone.com /thread
[close]

are you using one? if not, why are you a fervent supporter of slave labor

I would also like you to answer his question without deflections or insults, if you please.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2021, 12:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i am also such a mondo dumbass that i can look at the last 200 years of economic history and declare “its not complex” because my dad bricked me in the head when i was 12
[close]
spare the insults and explain to me why you’re personally cool with slave labor. Why do you back this? What complex concept justifies slavery in your eyes?
[close]

the congolese child who mined the cobalt in your phone thanks you for your concern
[close]
I just remembered we already did this.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you dudes are gonna freak when you find out where the cobalt in your iphones come from
[close]
over half of the worlds supply comes from Africa. Specifically the Congo
[close]

my point was more like there is no ethical consumption under capitalism
[close]

www.fairphone.com
Got mine two weeks ago because my second-hand iPhone battery died and Apple didn't want to replace it because it was not a genuine part.
I love it so far !
[close]
Check out fairphone.com /thread
[close]

are you using one? if not, why are you a fervent supporter of slave labor
[close]

I would also like you to answer his question without deflections or insults, if you please.

i think slave labor is bad!

i think demonizing china specifically for it is symptomatic of the sinophobia that’s become la mode in the last few years.

all i’m doing is pointing out that every economic powerhouse (including the “good guys”) use slave labor- if you have a problem with it (i sure do!) your problem is with capitalism writ large, not china.

unless you just don’t like chinese people (i do!!)

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
I think about those people very often. Don’t know what to say, 2 mil people kept as slaves?! Is that even possible ?

What’s the solution? Ok so they are Muslims,  I never see Muslim countries helping each other in a way that they would react to this. The same way that refugees are not welcome in neighbouring Muslim countries but go to Europe. Christians as fucked as they are you could NEVER hold 2mil people as slaves because they are Christian, you would get under all sorts of pressure and in the end attacked.

Chinese really think of others like they would think about chickens that they breed for meat. They are using them like animals without any empathy.

Edit- and I really like Chinese history and culture and everything. But there is no place for other people in their world and that’s it..
9/11 was a national tragedy

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2021, 12:59:35 PM »
The Chinese Communist Party is as much communist as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is democratic.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
I think about those people very often. Don’t know what to say, 2 mil people kept as slaves?! Is that even possible ?

What’s the solution? Ok so they are Muslims,  I never see Muslim countries helping each other in a way that they would react to this. The same way that refugees are not welcome in neighbouring Muslim countries but go to Europe. Christians as fucked as they are you could NEVER hold 2mil people as slaves because they are Christian, you would get under all sorts of pressure and in the end attacked.

Chinese really think of others like they would think about chickens that they breed for meat. They are using them like animals without any empathy.

Edit- and I really like Chinese history and culture and everything. But there is no place for other people in their world and that’s it..

This is not a good post. I'm sorry, but this is bad. Very bad.

But does a great job of oversimplifying geopolitics and it is especially good at demonizing Muslims (they don't do anything good) and then demonizing the Chinese (they don't see value in human life).

1) Turkey has the highest number of refugees compared to their population.
1b)Do you remember when Trump and friends were freaking out over all the South/Central American (Christian) migrants coming to invade the USA. Way to welcome other Christians into America with open arms.

2) This whole Chinese don't care about people shit... I'm sure there is evidence for this and there is evidence against it. The same propaganda and selective thinking can be used on any country, especially, ours. As former president Trump would say, "You think our country’s so innocent?"

Honestly, it is difficult to have any sort of rational conversation here because it seems on one end there is an ideological need to demonize Muslims and China and on the other side there is a need to defend those who are unfairly persecuted (Muslims) and, while there is no desire to defend China, there is a strong desire to respond to the over the top criticisms that are obviously built on ideology (its not what China has done that upsets the right, it is the fact they are "communist" that upsets the right... I mean you don't think Tucker Carlson and Anne Coulter have wet dreams about running Muslim slave camps? I'm sure Tucker is stroking one out right now dreaming what he could get away with if he was in charge).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:39:54 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is not a good post. I'm sorry, but this is bad. Very bad.

But does a great job of oversimplifying geopolitics and it is especially good at demonizing Muslims (they don't do anything good) and then demonizing the Chinese (they don't see value in human life).

1) Turkey has the highest number of refugees compared to their population.
1b)Do you remember when Trump and friends were freaking out over all the South/Central American (Christian) migrants coming to invade the USA. Way to welcome other Christians into America with open arms.

2) This whole Chinese don't care about people shit... I'm sure there is evidence for this and there is evidence against it. The same propaganda and selective thinking can be used on any country, especially, ours. As former president Trump would say, "You think our country’s so innocent?"

Honestly, it is difficult to have any sort of rational conversation here because it seems on one end there is an ideological need to demonize Muslims and China and on the other side there is a need to defend those who are unfairly persecuted (Muslims) and, while there is no desire to defend China, there is a strong desire to respond to the over the top criticisms that are obviously built on ideology (its not what China has done that upsets the right, it is the fact they are "communist" that upsets the right... I mean you don't think Tucker Carlson and Anne Coulter have wet dreams about running Muslim slave camps? I'm sure Tucker is stroking one out right now dreaming what he could get away with if he was in charge).

1) yes because it’s on the way to Europe and uses them as a leverage in negotiating their deals.
1b)USA is far from Christianity and trumps politic even more so
3)there is more evidence for then against it. Try to go live in China from USA and try to go to USA from China.
Of course no country is innocent...Germany is biggest exporter of weapons and fentanyl (or something) that is used for making meth or something. And so on. the whole western civilisation thing has roots in killing , stealing and playing dirty to win and that’s the problem with the west since Rome. Never changed , and would be much different if Carthage won like they should have.

Honestly it’s hard to have conversation with someone who thinks USA is the only country in the world.
9/11 was a national tragedy

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2021, 02:07:06 PM »
1b)USA is far from Christianity

Ah, the ol' No True Scotsman fallacy. But in reality, the US is very much Christian, because the overwhelming number of Americans (including those in power) are Christian. That's the thing with religion, it's very flexible. It can be whatever its practitioners want it to be.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Land of the Faust

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »
There is a difference between being critical of an oppressive government and being racist/xenophobic of a group of people.

The people rightfully being critical of the CCP are correct. The dickheads that are using the current situation in China to be racist toward Chinese people are... dickheads. There is a difference.

Can we please stop trying to conflate the two?

That would be like saying we're being racist toward Germans because we don't like the Nazis.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2021, 02:41:40 PM »
There is a difference between being critical of an oppressive government and being racist/xenophobic of a group of people.

The people rightfully being critical of the CCP are correct. The dickheads that are using the current situation in China to be racist toward Chinese people are... dickheads. There is a difference.

That would be like saying we're being racist toward Germans because we don't like the Nazis.

Except it wouldn't... Don't get me wrong I see what you're attempting to say, but that's a false equivalency for a million and one reasons that I don't want to type out.

What people are trying to point out is that our culturally programmed internal biases are showing when we get online to shame and decry a country's government for crimes against humanity when our very own governments are complicit/involved in the exact same human rights issue, plus a litany of others (slave labor used in mines that provide materials for phones we buy, to name one).

They are also trying to explain how enemies of the CCP, who have a vested interest in perpetuating those biases I mentioned, as well as the discrimination they cause, are trying to magnify the issue and feed into the narrative that China and China alone is responsible for this crime and is thus... evil.

It is indeed much more complicated than "China is bad for this." We are all bad, China just happens to be a CAPITALIST country operating in the 21st century. One with a very, very different kind of development than Western nations.

Had to edit a mistake, also... this been done as others have mentioned.

Edit again: the fact that you defaulted to labeling China's govt. as "oppressive" reveals your bias, in case you were thinking you didn't have any.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:51:56 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Except it wouldn't... Don't get me wrong I see what you're attempting to say, but that's a false equivalency for a million and one reasons that I don't want to type out.

What people are trying to point out is that our culturally programmed internal biases are showing when we get online to shame and decry a country's government for crimes against humanity when our very own governments are complicit/involved in the exact same human rights issue, plus a litany of others (slave labor used in mines that provide materials for phones we buy, to name one).

They are also trying to explain how enemies of the CCP, who have a vested interest in perpetuating those biases I mentioned, as well as the discrimination they cause, are trying to magnify the issue and feed into the narrative that China and China alone is responsible for this crime and is thus... evil.

It is indeed much more complicated than "China is bad for this." We are all bad, China just happens to be a CAPITALIST country operating in the 21st century. One with a very, very different kind of development than Western nations.

Had to edit a mistake, also... this been done as others have mentioned.

Edit again: the fact that you defaulted to labeling China's govt. as "oppressive" reveals your bias, in case you were thinking you didn't have any.
  ;)

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2021, 03:22:30 PM »
CHYYYYYYYYYYYYYNA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2021, 03:58:39 PM »
These types of news stories garner support for imperialism. You'll even have so-called liberals calling for military intervention. "Fuck China. They torture dogs and kill Muslims and spy on us and make bad products. Let's teach those commies a lesson." There's elements of truth to the stories but you also have to sometimes wonder about their timing. A country as powerful as China is probably engaging in something atrocious all the time, as are other major world powers. But is it our job to keep installing "freedom" all across the planet by manufacturing coups and installing puppet leaders and invading countries? Just think of how we were primed to support the latest wars in the Mideast with media blitzes about WMDs, Al-Qaeda, peak oil, Isis and other stories, and all the other things the US has done in other countries. We should condemn China for any atrocities it's committing but we should be hesitant to let all of this boil over into more imperialist rhetoric. As it is, China is not a real threat to the US militarily. Economically it will probably eclipse America in the coming decades and that seems to be part of the impetus for this Cold War style reporting. Not sure that China has any interest in attacking the US at any time in the future though other than through our wallets. Asian countries don't really have a history of waging war on those outside the region with the exception of the Mongols and Japan in World War II. They say "never get involved in a land war in Asia" but the reverse is also true that an Asian country would probably never wage a land war in the Americas. It would be too costly for both sides. If another organic people's revolution did occur in China though I'm pretty sure I'd support that.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »
Uyghur Van Wageningen.

Sorry. I don’t mean that really

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm so fucking tired of this lazy, dismissive take. Go read the CCP's official statements about what's going on at those camps and then ask yourself if you're cool with it. There is video, satellite, first hand verbal, etc. evidence of the atrocities going on in those camps that have been uncovered and reported on by people who've dedicated their lives to studying Chinese affairs. If you have some earth shattering new research that puts all of that into question, by all means please share it.
[close]
uhh most of the support for the camps comes from majority muslim countries and most of the negative reporting coming from evangelical fascist media groups and american politicians like rubio and pence lol. fuckin’ worms for brains. a country has less than 5% poverty rate and the CIA has to keep you mistrusting communism so they claim that china is doing what the american government actually has been doing for 200 years.

Someone posted something on the NYT comments section about only 10% of Chinese being unhappy with their government and it took me a second to do the math and realize that’s 140 million people. So only 70 million people are in poverty? That’s just one entire United Kingdom or a Thailand. That’s nothing!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »

1) yes because it’s on the way to Europe and uses them as a leverage in negotiating their deals.
1b)USA is far from Christianity and trumps politic even more so
3)there is more evidence for then against it. Try to go live in China from USA and try to go to USA from China.
Of course no country is innocent...Germany is biggest exporter of weapons and fentanyl (or something) that is used for making meth or something. And so on. the whole western civilisation thing has roots in killing , stealing and playing dirty to win and that’s the problem with the west since Rome. Never changed , and would be much different if Carthage won like they should have.

Honestly it’s hard to have conversation with someone who thinks USA is the only country in the world.

You already have a your mind made up. And you decided Muslim s are bad and China is uniquely worse than everyone else. It is sad view of the world.

1)  "Oh Turkey is housing refugees...that isn't cause they do good, it is because the EU is forcing them to do good. All Muslims and Muslim countries are bad, if they do good it is because they were forced into it."

Any example of Muslim outreach to anyone will meet the same bullshit.

Turkey reached out Azerbaijan after is separated from the Soviet Union. "Uhh because it was secular at the time. They were good then but now they're bad because Muslim."

Don't get me wrong, I don't back any religion and theocracy sounds like a complete nightmare, and your pro Christian anti-muslim holy war strikes me as one step towards Western Christian theocracies.

2) who counts as a Christian nation if the USA doesn't (77% identify as Christian and the GOP often tries bring theocracy into practice)? Which Christian nations were you talking about?

3) As someone who doesn't live in the USA... I know quite well that the US is not the only country.

4) As someone who lived in a Muslim country for four months,  your perspective really bums out. I miss my Muslim skate friends and I had a great time as a guest in their country.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
damn i thought this was gonna be a hilarious and irreverent photoshop thread

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2021, 06:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Someone posted something on the NYT comments section about only 10% of Chinese being unhappy with their government and it took me a second to do the math and realize that’s 140 million people. So only 70 million people are in poverty? That’s just one entire United Kingdom or a Thailand. That’s nothing!

China has a population of 1.398 billion. If you did your math right, that's a 5% poverty rate. So, by those numbers, China... a country with large expanses of undeveloped rural territory inhabited by farmers in small villages, is doing better than the UK and US (20% and 10%, respectively). Why can't developed, English speaking nations take care of their own in the same way?

China is a recently developed nation that was pulled into the global economy and the western world has played no small role in it becoming the manufacturing giant it has been for decades. Extreme global demand puts it in the perfect condition for human/worker's rights violations while the people and companies of the high and mighty UK, US, and other nations reap the benefits of lower wages and production costs.

Then, we have the audacity to sit back and criticize China for targeting and enslaving a group of people... something the western world did to lay the foundation of the global economy as we know it. For 200+ years... And even today, American companies lobby to protect this specific instance of slave labor so they can continue to benefit from it.

Nobody said China is perfect or should be exonerated for this, but the hypocritical condemnation is tired. Our (western nations) energy is better spent elsewhere. Understanding our role in causing and perpetuating shit like this as participants in capitalism, as well as addressing our own fucking rights issues, should be the priorities.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2021, 02:56:45 PM »
Forced labour camps, social credit scores.

These people are not your friends...

God help us.

https://youtu.be/keLjyjATIq8

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2021, 03:34:55 PM »
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO