Author Topic: Crailtap's Mini Top 5 Chris Nieratko  (Read 2770 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Crailtap's Mini Top 5 Chris Nieratko
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »
Craig, Chris, and myself say support your local.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUWkzsCqM8

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
Re: Crailtap's Mini Top 5 Chris Nieratko
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 12:28:39 AM »
nice, Furnace is an og shop for Orange County. I didn't realize Crail was still making these mini top 5's. Makes me miss the on the Crail Couch vids  :'(

I can hear the belle and sebastian song now

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 06:50:08 AM »
Craig, Chris, and myself say support your local.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUWkzsCqM8

"How was that? I sound fat?" <3

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 10:26:16 AM »
Skate shops host comedy shows?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
Skate shops host comedy shows?

NJ has.

captaindoody

• Rep: -70
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
FUCK CHRIS NIERATKO

His treatment of Marisa dal Santo in march 2010 Skateboard Mag Issue where he questioned her about skating on periods; the handling of the then teenaged Corey Duffel with his publishing of that racially fuelled bs in Big Brother.

https://youtu.be/00IaxV_8Q3w (26:51)

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qbz8jw/epicly-made-over-985-v16n8

Why the fuck does this shit get ignored and why does he continue to have a platform as an interviewer (Skaters in Cars etc.)

On other threads related to him/the aforementioned articles, its pretty well established that he’s been a bit of a shady dude, why isn’t that spotlighted on here?

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 09:25:40 PM »
FUCK CHRIS NIERATKO

Expand Quote
His treatment of Marisa dal Santo in march 2010 Skateboard Mag Issue where he questioned her about skating on periods; the handling of the then teenaged Corey Duffel with his publishing of that racially fuelled bs in Big Brother.

https://youtu.be/00IaxV_8Q3w (26:51)

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qbz8jw/epicly-made-over-985-v16n8

Why the fuck does this shit get ignored and why does he continue to have a platform as an interviewer (Skaters in Cars etc.)

On other threads related to him/the aforementioned articles, its pretty well established that he’s been a bit of a shady dude, why isn’t that spotlighted on here?
[close]

It's been well established that your slate of shitty behavior is wiped clean in skateboarding every 10 years. Esp., if you're friends with the right people.

Also, has there been anything in skateboarding that has been milked harder than Big Brother Magazine nostalgia? EMB?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:45:46 PM by Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace »
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 02:53:58 AM »
Whenever I see this guy all I can think about is how wrong his haircut looks for his body type.   Like an outfit consisting of leather and sweatpants

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 07:32:26 AM »
Skate shops are a safe space lol.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:00 AM »
Marisa Dal Santo > Chris Nieratko
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 08:38:30 AM »

Coming from Chris Nieratko. Lol.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 06:31:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Coming from Chris Nieratko. Lol.

I don't think my local shop is just going to let me sleep there overnight. I don't care how big of a fight I had with my girlfriend.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »
Read what he wrote about a good friend of his that killed himself. When I read this I was surprised someone would write this about a friend—and they were friends.

I found out the other day that a person I knew in a former life hanged himself. His name was Shannon McFadden. He was my age. Many who know about New Jersey skateboarding know the guy used to kill it on a skateboard--even recently I heard he had been killing the KCDC miniramp. But it's safe to say that skateboarding was his most redeeming quality.
[/i]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/jmdv3d/meet-the-nieratkos-an-obituary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuptVF3b8I

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 10:56:00 PM »
I find him deeply unpleasant and feel like I need to take a shower whenever he pops up on my radar.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

idontwantausername

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 03:41:31 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 04:41:17 AM »
Well at least he didn’t do blackface to complete the Michael Jordan look

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »
Never on board with nieratko, love that someone on the mostly skateboarding pod asked if he could even kickflip. (Might have been mike munzenrider)

serd

• Rep: -7
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »
remember when this dude baited a child into saying the n word and then printed it? so edgy!

conqueso

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:17:42 PM »
remember when this dude baited a child into saying the n word and then printed it? so edgy!

baited? shittaco is a kook but duffel is probably worse

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 09:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You don't get baited into saying the n word. If you're saying the n word you probably are totally cool with saying the n word. I do believe Duffel has changed his ways, but there's no one more responsible than himself for saying the n word. Like a person who doesn't say the n word won't be coerced into saying the n word unless they are actually a racist who says the n word.

That being said I bought a bunch of stuff from local shops I love this weekend. I bought a board and a shirt from NJ and I bought a ton of stuff from Kinetic over the phone because I got drunk Saturday and called the shop and harassed some kid working. I have close to no idea any of the things I bought.

serd

• Rep: -7
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You don't get baited into saying the n word. If you're saying the n word you probably are totally cool with saying the n word. I do believe Duffel has changed his ways, but there's no one more responsible than himself for saying the n word. Like a person who doesn't say the n word won't be coerced into saying the n word unless they are actually a racist who says the n word.

That being said I bought a bunch of stuff from local shops I love this weekend. I bought a board and a shirt from NJ and I bought a ton of stuff from Kinetic over the phone because I got drunk Saturday and called the shop and harassed some kid working. I have close to no idea any of the things I bought.

I'm not defending Duffel, but at least he seemed sincere in his apology. To my knowledge, Nieratko has never bothered.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 02:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, you have to be willing to say a word for it to be said and most people aren’t willing to say the n word out of nowhere.

Definitely exploited Duffel and could have taken a minute to say “we don’t speak like that about our fellow man, little homie”.

Or at least cut that part out and run more Rosa pics.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 05:21:51 PM »
Does he skate?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 05:24:43 PM »
Does he skate?

Probably better than you but that means nothing when you suck as a human being

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »
Read what he wrote about a good friend of his that killed himself. When I read this I was surprised someone would write this about a friend—and they were friends.

I found out the other day that a person I knew in a former life hanged himself. His name was Shannon McFadden. He was my age. Many who know about New Jersey skateboarding know the guy used to kill it on a skateboard--even recently I heard he had been killing the KCDC miniramp. But it's safe to say that skateboarding was his most redeeming quality.
[/i]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/jmdv3d/meet-the-nieratkos-an-obituary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuptVF3b8I

Woah that article is kinda scathing, about a former friend who just  "hanged himself"  just don't even write it in that case, just post the pictures. This coupled with the Duffel shit, Hitler, ETC.. not very classy. I would like to say he's come along way and changed for the better, but does he just have two sides?.

When was that article written?

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 08:47:36 PM »
^^^2009

I remember hearing about Shannon and I skated with him a few times so my heart sunk.

Then I saw Chris was eulogizing him and I thought it was great that he would express to the skateboard world who Shannon was, but he wrote a piece about himself and said Shannon was a lousy guy.

Now when you search Shannon’s name this is the first thing that comes up. I’m sure Shannon’s family is happy about that.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 09:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, you have to be willing to say a word for it to be said and most people aren’t willing to say the n word out of nowhere.

Definitely exploited Duffel and could have taken a minute to say “we don’t speak like that about our fellow man, little homie”.

Or at least cut that part out and run more Rosa pics.
Duffell was an idiot, but was probably like 14 when this happened. It's definitely unethical to run something ignorant a child said which can have a long-term damaging impact on their career and future employment when it really provides nothing of value journalistically. To be honest, I'm surprised it went to print because you would think his parents would have to sign off on the interview.