Author Topic: grippiest shoes  (Read 1456 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
grippiest shoes
« on: March 25, 2021, 08:02:39 AM »
my apologies if this is already a thread, i didn’t see it when i scrolled through.

i’ve been having a dilemma lately. i need grippier shoes, but i don’t have the money to give everything a test run, so maybe you guys could help me out. so far vans old skools (or any classic vans shoe) and last resorts are at the top of my list, but i want to expand a little and maybe find something even better. and for the love of god i am not skating cariumas or whatever the fuck

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Re: grippiest shoes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
AVE pros have an outrageously grippy sole from what I understand.  You can find them on sale online for $50-70 a lot of the time, or at a Vans outlet if one is closeby where you are.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »
Lakai Cambridge.

Insanely grippy.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »
Etnies Michelin bases shoes. Loving the grip.

Also, MOB.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:44:37 AM »
Vans vulc for the first 12 tricks, then they are shit
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
Worth checking out the New Balance vulcs, I recently skated some of the 379 mids and they really do a good job of staying connected to the board, especially when popping/flicking/leveling out etc.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 10:14:07 AM »
my apologies if this is already a thread, i didn’t see it when i scrolled through.

i’ve been having a dilemma lately. i need grippier shoes, but i don’t have the money to give everything a test run, so maybe you guys could help me out. so far vans old skools (or any classic vans shoe) and last resorts are at the top of my list, but i want to expand a little and maybe find something even better. and for the love of god i am not skating cariumas or whatever the fuck

Vans AVE or Crockett and MOB Grip.

IpathCats

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 10:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Vans AVE or Crockett and MOB Grip.

I second the crockett's, I hated how grippy they were, same with mob too, fuck that shit. I need to be able to move around on my board. But if you're looking for grip, crocketts and mob/black magic will give you that.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »

Also, MOB.

This

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 12:11:49 PM »
We've got our Desert Grip tread on a lot of the current models now that is a lot grippier and durable than the old triangle tread we were using. Right now it's on The Dickson, Tilt G6 Vulc, The Pillar, The Figgy Dose, and as of this season it's now on the Wino G6 Slip-On. Been hearing a lot of positive feedback from people regarding the new slip on tread that it's a lot gripper and not wearing out. Hope this helps.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 03:40:18 PM »
I skate mob and State or Vans for the grip and State is by far the grippiest shoes I've had. People saying the newest AVE pro are grippy are smoking crack. The sole is way less grippy than average vans and after you wear down the suede on the toe it's like slippery plastic. I've got Rowans and Crocketts as well but my States have way more grip for sure. Only downside of state sole is they get rocks in the tread all the time.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 03:49:30 PM »
I skate mob and State or Vans for the grip and State is by far the grippiest shoes I've had. People saying the newest AVE pro are grippy are smoking crack. The sole is way less grippy than average vans and after you wear down the suede on the toe it's like slippery plastic. I've got Rowans and Crocketts as well but my States have way more grip for sure. Only downside of state sole is they get rocks in the tread all the time.

Excuse me, but I have never once in my life hung out with Danforth under the ramp where I lived at the time.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »
Rowan's are pretty grippy, that sick stix or whatever is called ain't no joke.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 08:57:44 PM »
The grippiest shoes out are the Lakai Griffin. That sole is possibly the grippiest I have ever skated. I have had probably 15 pairs of them at least. Every other shoe I skate requires a few days or more to adjust to less grip.
How much for an order of ribs?

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »
cons in like 2013 when they had the blue shit on the bottom

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 02:05:48 AM »
Not sure if they are the grippiest but the new Puigs are hella grippy. Coming from vulcs, on the first session with the Puigs my feet got stuck in a position on the board a few times and I could not just adjust it by moving the feet so I feel off the board instead of positioning them for the next trick. Got used to it by now but it was quite a strange feeling.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

eSK3

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
The new Westgate 508 new balance shoe is really grippy.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 09:05:00 AM »
State and Vans pros for me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »
for me

huf choices and nike blazers after being skated in for a while
vans eras and slip ons
cons trapassos (one of the best shoes i ever had)

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »
We've got our Desert Grip tread on a lot of the current models now that is a lot grippier and durable than the old triangle tread we were using. Right now it's on The Dickson, Tilt G6 Vulc, The Pillar, The Figgy Dose, and as of this season it's now on the Wino G6 Slip-On. Been hearing a lot of positive feedback from people regarding the new slip on tread that it's a lot gripper and not wearing out. Hope this helps.
That sole is awesome. Whats up with advertising the dessert grip in this video, then releasing it with the triangle tread. That shit killed me, that shoe would have been alot better with the dessert grip.
0:44

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 07:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That sole is awesome. Whats up with advertising the dessert grip in this video, then releasing it with the triangle tread. That shit killed me, that shoe would have been alot better with the dessert grip.
Sorry about that. That was right before I started but it was changed at the last second for the production run. A lot of shoes going forward will continue to have to he Desert Tread.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 08:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Sorry about that. That was right before I started but it was changed at the last second for the production run. A lot of shoes going forward will continue to have to he Desert Tread.
The more shoes you use it on the better. Keep killing it over there.

michael scarn

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 09:17:15 PM »
Nb# 212. Actually a really great shoe overall.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »
The grippiest shoes out are the Lakai Griffin. That sole is possibly the grippiest I have ever skated. I have had probably 15 pairs of them at least. Every other shoe I skate requires a few days or more to adjust to less grip.
I second this. I'm skating a pair right now and they're insanely grippy. They have a great flick too. And for a cheaper shoe it's a win.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 09:46:20 PM »
Converse One Star Pros have incredibly grippy soles and have really good support for a vulc shoe. They run large so I'd try them half a size down from your usual size.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 12:01:46 AM »

Also, MOB.

I 2nd this. Grippiest cupsoles right out of the box, plus a great lifespan.

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 07:37:33 AM »
If the recent desert grip is anything like the old ones on the Herman 2 models than easily that. Still the grippiest shoe I've skate to date