Author Topic: Natas blind bags  (Read 7809 times)

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Natas blind bags
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 02:58:13 AM »
Ordered one and looking to scoop a second one to skate. Definitely was planning on setting one up on some big ass indys. As someone else asked would 215s be too big? I have an old ass set ive been waiting to throw on something

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:24 AM »
Glad to see people excited over decks and not Nike shoes for once.

Great concept, hope it continues with other legendary pros.

Lucero could do something similar with Grosso (instead of just the color ways he just did).

What other pro drops of iconic graphics would you like to see?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 04:05:07 AM »

Lucero could do something similar with Grosso (instead of just the color ways he just did).

Would love to see with the early world and 101 boards. Specifically the natas satan board, and some jlee blind boards. So much potential with this idea.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Art Greco

• Rep: 14
    • Skate2Junkies avatar image
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 04:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would love to see with the early world and 101 boards. Specifically the natas satan board, and some jlee blind boards. So much potential with this idea.

“Blind” blind bags.  I see what you did there.
What's going on over at https://skate2junkies.proboards.com/ ???

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 05:21:28 AM »
And for all those who missed out, I saw this when I went looking at #natasblindbags

So much for one each. 

As I really wasn't interested, I hadn't seen much if any of the lead up to this release, but it would appear that after I did a little research, there are a lot of people who were keen and missed out, and then there are others who have bought and are stoked they got one, or two, or twenty?!?!?

Ok, whatever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfb4Vjlc_3/
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 07:27:48 AM »
Well they're all over ebay today
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2021, 08:19:02 AM »
And for all those who missed out, I saw this when I went looking at #natasblindbags

So much for one each. 

As I really wasn't interested, I hadn't seen much if any of the lead up to this release, but it would appear that after I did a little research, there are a lot of people who were keen and missed out, and then there are others who have bought and are stoked they got one, or two, or twenty?!?!?

Ok, whatever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfb4Vjlc_3/

That's pretty lame. It was fun thing, especially for those of us that came of age during the Natas era, but the collecting madness is a little disgusting. I like knowing that some Slap Pals are going to skate some.

it would make my day iff the person who got the 1 of 1 OG set it up and took it straight to the closest waxed curb.

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2021, 09:07:47 AM »
I got the OG one.

waiting for the picture or you're full of shit

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2021, 10:05:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If it had been these graphics on the 101 boards....trilogy shit, I would have lost my mind.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2021, 10:39:26 AM »

Stoked on this one. I didn’t realize it had the original graphic underneath in that reflective material

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 10:56:40 AM »
you rich motherfuckeeeers !
Glad to see Natas getting the love he deserves

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 11:21:07 AM »
For you 805ers, val in TO still has a stack of them.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2021, 11:39:04 AM »
For you 805ers, val in TO still has a stack of them.

Someone want to be a pal and snag me one? I’ll venmo you the money to also ship it to LB.

The two I got were the ones I was hoping to get for wall hangers, but really want to set one up.

Edit: Also, I remember someone saying they had the silver one they’re willing to let go for cost. I’d legit buy that and set it up as that color didn’t really tickle my fancy.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
Just curious, but how much were they and what is the wood like on these decks?

I have only seen one place that has them listed as US$89.95 and another at $99.99 as well as one European shop that has them for $119.99 Euros.

Seems someone in the know let slip there were over 5000 decks worldwide, so although that might sound like a lot, it is still fairly limited for a worldwide release, especially since it seems most are in the US, but again, as I am not personally interested, it doesn't really matter to me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2021, 05:18:29 PM »

I have only seen one place that has them listed as US$89.95 and another at $99.99 as well as one European shop that has them for $119.99 Euros.

Most had them for $89.95 - which is pretty reasonable for what is [sadly] obviously aimed only at collectors (the O.G., the hand painted, the numbered, etc.). Wood is China, probably DSM since it's NHS (except for the O.G.).

Still a sick collab all around. But it sucks that people are buying 6+ at a time; shops should have better morals than that (some did and only allowed 1PerC) other's didn't give a fuck, same with online.

And of course, this fuckwit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-NOS-SMA-Natas-Kaupas-Panther-vintage-skateboard-deck-Santa-Cruz-blind-bag/274689713971?hash=item3ff4c86733:g:G5EAAOSwTNBgMUYL

Sad.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Natas+Blind+Bag&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=16

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Most had them for $89.95 - which is pretty reasonable for what is [sadly] obviously aimed only at collectors (the O.G., the hand painted, the numbered, etc.). Wood is China, probably DSM since it's NHS (except for the O.G.).

Still a sick collab all around. But it sucks that people are buying 6+ at a time; shops should have better morals than that (some did and only allowed 1PerC) other's didn't give a fuck, same with online.

And of course, this fuckwit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-NOS-SMA-Natas-Kaupas-Panther-vintage-skateboard-deck-Santa-Cruz-blind-bag/274689713971?hash=item3ff4c86733:g:G5EAAOSwTNBgMUYL

Sad.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Natas+Blind+Bag&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=16

Thanks.

I saw someone had one of the (still sealed) box of five listed on ebay when I checked yesterday.  Found it - $2500 or something, from Santa Cruz.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-5-2021-Natas-Kaupas-Santa-Cruz-Blind-Bag-Skateboard-Decks-Sealed-Unopened/313425754445

If that box number is just for the Natas boards (and not the whole stock drop including other products), 2014 boxes at 5 each is over 10,000 units.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:37:05 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 05:35:49 PM »
At least some people are skating them...

Over 20 minutes of moderate interest, if you have the time and inclination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuaNCfjyWA

Frank and Fred

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2021, 05:48:27 PM »
XEN is correct. Its the same wood they use for all their re-issues. Noting special but its solid. I skated the shit out of a Tom Knox issue so these can be safely ridden properly I am sure.

I got mine for $90. Lots of shops went up to $100.

Yo_baby_sup

• Rep: 1
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2021, 05:53:42 PM »
So this is sorta related and mostly occurred to me when I looked to see what the different graphics in the bag might be but does anyone know why the reissue graphic is different then the graphic as it was originally issued? See the super rare NOS board on the bag for an example of what I'm talking about. It looks like it's been completely redrawn even if the composition is the same and then the monster arm and orb were added. From what Frank and Fred posted, they did reissue the OG graphic at one point but it's been the redrawn one only for some time now. I would love to know the story there.

blind bag, blue metal flake, glow in the dark reissues are an original design that was never put into production. they made a handful or possibly only one. i think its in the disposable history book and there is a photo of it here

http://djclever.com/raras-kaupas/

i think it looks great, and cool that its an original unused graphic that is just a little different from the full production 89 model.

they have done purple, red, and grey colorways of the original forbes graphic.

was able to get a bunch of the blind bags spending some time online yesterday. there was never an official limit of one per person. TGM had a limit of 5, zumiez had a limit of 3 and others like skate warehouse and nhs had a limit of 2. Im in Moab UT so there aint a skateshop within 2 hours of here, the place that carries some stuff in town is closed for moving.

Im a natas nut so of course im trying to get em all, but i personally hate things like this. Its baseball card, collectable bs. I dont think its fun, or "for the real fans". Blind bags should have been open preorders, get as many as you want so people have time to get on and reserve them as fans. Then press up the total preorders you get plus some extras. The limit 1 per person when there are 6 standard designs sucks for people who are real fans and just want them. Same thing with the lance Natas capsules. 3 colors and you can only order one. My mental hoarder collector disorder kicks in and i want them all. Was able to get 2 colors of that, but missed the yellow.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2021, 06:03:05 PM »
Jesus. They made it seem like they were super limited, but 10,000?! They definitely made more of these then their regular deck runs.

Also hopefully Santa Cruz cracks down on whatever shop is selling that shit back door on eBay. So lame. The eBay lister isn’t the brightest, considering they put all of the info (box #) on eBay as well

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2021, 06:11:47 PM »
Jesus. They made it seem like they were super limited, but 10,000?! They definitely made more of these then their regular deck runs.

Also hopefully Santa Cruz cracks down on whatever shop is selling that shit back door on eBay. So lame. The eBay lister isn’t the brightest, considering they put all of the info (box #) on eBay as well

Someone could have bought five or more from somewhere and just kept them in the box.

But yeah the prebook that has happened on almost everything else seemed like a much better way to regulate the buying and I still get those emails from Old Skull shop and a couple of others.  Maybe there are lots more still to be sold, listed or distributed too, but who knows.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2021, 06:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I got the OG one.
[close]

Happy?

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I got the OG one.
[close]

[close]

Happy?
my life is complete, now. thank you.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2021, 06:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
So this is sorta related and mostly occurred to me when I looked to see what the different graphics in the bag might be but does anyone know why the reissue graphic is different then the graphic as it was originally issued? See the super rare NOS board on the bag for an example of what I'm talking about. It looks like it's been completely redrawn even if the composition is the same and then the monster arm and orb were added. From what Frank and Fred posted, they did reissue the OG graphic at one point but it's been the redrawn one only for some time now. I would love to know the story there.
[close]

blind bag, blue metal flake, glow in the dark reissues are an original design that was never put into production. they made a handful or possibly only one. i think its in the disposable history book and there is a photo of it here

http://djclever.com/raras-kaupas/

i think it looks great, and cool that its an original unused graphic that is just a little different from the full production 89 model.

they have done purple, red, and grey colorways of the original forbes graphic.

was able to get a bunch of the blind bags spending some time online yesterday. there was never an official limit of one per person. TGM had a limit of 5, zumiez had a limit of 3 and others like skate warehouse and nhs had a limit of 2. Im in Moab UT so there aint a skateshop within 2 hours of here, the place that carries some stuff in town is closed for moving.

Im a natas nut so of course im trying to get em all, but i personally hate things like this. Its baseball card, collectable bs. I dont think its fun, or "for the real fans". Blind bags should have been open preorders, get as many as you want so people have time to get on and reserve them as fans. Then press up the total preorders you get plus some extras. The limit 1 per person when there are 6 standard designs sucks for people who are real fans and just want them. Same thing with the lance Natas capsules. 3 colors and you can only order one. My mental hoarder collector disorder kicks in and i want them all. Was able to get 2 colors of that, but missed the yellow.
Thanks for posting this link. I was curious why I couldn’t find the OG version of this reissue graphic in the disposable book (I have the most recent anniversary edition, guess I shouldn’t have sold off the original edition). Noticed quite a bit of difference in the content between the two, most notably the removal of the napping negro write up among other things. Cliver had described the anniversary edition as the more complete version but it’s really not, it just has dozens of pages of blank sims decks. There’s a two page section with natas sma decks and this one isn’t in there. I’d have to look at every page to see if it appears elsewhere but it’s annoying to think a book gets rewritten to be more complete and drops content in the process.

Yo_baby_sup

• Rep: 1
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »

Thanks for posting this link. I was curious why I couldn’t find the OG version of this reissue graphic in the disposable book (I have the most recent anniversary edition, guess I shouldn’t have sold off the original edition). Noticed quite a bit of difference in the content between the two, most notably the removal of the napping negro write up among other things. Cliver had described the anniversary edition as the more complete version but it’s really not, it just has dozens of pages of blank sims decks. There’s a two page section with natas sma decks and this one isn’t in there. I’d have to look at every page to see if it appears elsewhere but it’s annoying to think a book gets rewritten to be more complete and drops content in the process.

i think that stuff is only in the disposable history of, not the disposable bible. but i dont have my history of with me. the bible anniversary edition, from what i read, is exactly the same except for the shitty silver cover.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2021, 07:01:42 PM »
Yeah I never had the 2009 bible to know any difference to the anniversary. The 2004 book had a bunch of stuff in it that my 2019 bible does not, this natas deck being the most recent find.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
I'm still waiting on mine in the mail...but I started to think, I wonder if the majority of the hand painted ones and signed ones are the ones shipped directly from NHS to customers. It would make more sense for them to have more of them coming directly from them to the customers over to the shops. I could be totally wrong but just a thought. Wonder how they made sure shops didn't get all foil decks or stuff like that.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i think that stuff is only in the disposable history of, not the disposable bible. but i dont have my history of with me. the bible anniversary edition, from what i read, is exactly the same except for the shitty silver cover.
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I have the version of Disposable that has the Napping Negro page and then the prototype Natas graphic as well. The Natas section was so far back I don't think I ever noticed it. Neat to know that was a prototype graphic from back in the day. I rode a red stain OG back in 89 so I was super familiar with what the graphic looked like and the "new" version bugged me.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2021, 10:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hell yeah.  I'd buy the hell out of these, or at least try to.  Although I know they've reissued a bunch in recent years, imagine getting a vintage Kareem Campbell deck. 

It'd only work if they went with the uncensored McKee/Cliver art.

NorthSideHuevos

• Rep: -1
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2021, 01:42:22 PM »
Super bummed looking at eBay right now. I'm glad there was hype but, guess I'll never have one on the wall. If anyone wants to trade their sequence board for Natas kitten reissue let me know.