Author Topic: Natas blind bags  (Read 7805 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Re: Natas blind bags
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
Skipped putting it on the wall and put it together instead. Was a fun ride to 7-Eleven.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:37:14 PM by TastyBurrito »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2021, 02:30:18 PM »
Looks fun. What size trucks did you go with? Hydrant spin?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2021, 02:34:27 PM »
Looks fun. What size trucks did you go with? Hydrant spin?

169s

Yo_baby_sup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2021, 06:09:33 PM »
Super bummed looking at eBay right now. I'm glad there was hype but, guess I'll never have one on the wall. If anyone wants to trade their sequence board for Natas kitten reissue let me know.

watch ebay like a hawk the next few days when people start getting theirs in the mail. the photo sequence should be pretty cheap, seems to be one of the designs people dont like. a few sold for $100 already which is barely a premium over new. it will bottom out maybe even at cost and then probably start going up again when the supply dies off after awhile.

wagostago

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2021, 06:25:04 AM »
Great marketing idea by the Santa Cruz crew. I totally lucked out in coming across this promo the day before it happened and calling up a shop and scoring one of the boards over the phone. Picked it up yesterday and actually got the one I liked (gold foil and metallic). The shop I purchased it from did it right by limiting one per customer and not selling them until their usual business hours. www.a51.ca

Disappointing to see some people able to buy more than one from shops in one transaction. I can understand and even appreciate contacting various outlets trying to score more. Even worse when seeing what appears to be a shop manager taking video of staff opening the bags up and stacking them on the counter.

I'm now hoping more companies follow and do the limited runs like this

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »

This wasn't Santa Cruz's first time. They did something like this a few years ago with Garbage Pail Kids - I missed out on those.

But I kind of agree and disagree with companies doing limited runs like these. It'll become a bad habit and it'll become the Dunk SB fiasco all over. Making use of every bit of nostalgia graphic while resellers take everything and the people who want them won't be able to get them.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This wasn't Santa Cruz's first time. They did something like this a few years ago with Garbage Pail Kids - I missed out on those.

But I kind of agree and disagree with companies doing limited runs like these. It'll become a bad habit and it'll become the Dunk SB fiasco all over. Making use of every bit of nostalgia graphic while resellers take everything and the people who want them won't be able to get them.

I think limited releases can be fun however nowadays everyone thinks they can be a reseller. I’m so sick of bots and resellers. Limited releases for me have lost all the fun

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/sfb8ODl
Threw some old ass 215 indys on this thing
Don’t know how to embed pics but here’s one I just set up. Gonna take it for a spin after work. Can’t wait!!!!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2021, 11:01:43 AM »

Don’t know how to embed pics but here’s one I just set up. Gonna take it for a spin after work. Can’t wait!!!!

There you go.

animalflesh

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 11:28:04 AM »
And for all those who missed out, I saw this when I went looking at #natasblindbags

So much for one each. 

As I really wasn't interested, I hadn't seen much if any of the lead up to this release, but it would appear that after I did a little research, there are a lot of people who were keen and missed out, and then there are others who have bought and are stoked they got one, or two, or twenty?!?!?

Ok, whatever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfb4Vjlc_3/

What a dick

They’re skateboards not Pokémon cards

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
And for all those who missed out, I saw this when I went looking at #natasblindbags

So much for one each. 

As I really wasn't interested, I hadn't seen much if any of the lead up to this release, but it would appear that after I did a little research, there are a lot of people who were keen and missed out, and then there are others who have bought and are stoked they got one, or two, or twenty?!?!?

Ok, whatever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfb4Vjlc_3/
[close]

What a dick

They’re skateboards not Pokémon cards

Like the dude that made a post with the 40 PS5s he scored using bots so he can resell.

Comes off looking more like a twat than anything else.

skatesum609

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2021, 11:53:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There you go.

https://instagram.com/stories/sross308/2517343535744098324?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1vn47nqit6f53

Hardflip from last night. I’m really having fun on this setup. I’ve skated it after work pretty much everyday this week. Flips pretty easily too which I was not expecting. This thing is gigantic and small at the same time. I’m going to swap out the 215s for some ace 66. Anyone else skating theirs?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:13:15 AM by skatesum609 »

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2021, 06:16:25 AM »
Apparently some European shops, like Furtivo, are going to get them with a few weeks of delay.

They said first week of March, finally something like this that gets to Europe too...
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Art Greco

• Rep: 14
    • Skate2Junkies avatar image
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:45 AM »
Wheels Of Fire was the first skate video I ever got as a kid.  Stoked to see Natas still getting shine over 30 years later. 
What's going on over at https://skate2junkies.proboards.com/ ???

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2021, 07:10:06 AM »

A hydrant spin?

skatesum609

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A hydrant spin?
Damn that was on point

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2021, 12:41:54 PM »
I got two in the mail today.
Managed to grab a third this weekend at a shop where they set a few aside quietly.

I like the silver foil a lot more in person than I thought I would.

Art Greco

• Rep: 14
    • Skate2Junkies avatar image
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2021, 04:10:51 PM »
I got two in the mail today.
Managed to grab a third this weekend at a shop where they set a few aside quietly.

I like the silver foil a lot more in person than I thought I would.

That black & gold is nice!
What's going on over at https://skate2junkies.proboards.com/ ???

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2021, 08:13:43 AM »
Mine arrived today.  I got the photo sequence one, which was probably my 2nd-choice behind the teal prismatic one (and of course behind the other super-limited variants)

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2021, 04:05:43 PM »
Got the photo board today too.  Was kinda hoping for this one.  I have two other Natas wall hangers, and having something with his actual skating on it will round those out nicely from a decor perspective
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »
I got my blind bag the other day and opened it to find the Silver Foil deck. Not gonna lie... I'm not digging this deck. Anyone want to trade the silver foil deck for... whatever you have?
Shoot me a DM

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »
I got my blind bag the other day and opened it to find the Silver Foil deck. Not gonna lie... I'm not digging this deck. Anyone want to trade the silver foil deck for... whatever you have?
Shoot me a DM

I legit think the silver and gold are the most set up decks. As people cared for them the least.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2021, 11:11:29 AM »
Someone got the 1 0f 1 today.....I read that Santa Cruz atually bought this off a deck collector to be able to add it in a blind bag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLvmPcLl7zp/

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »
Someone got the 1 0f 1 today.....I read that Santa Cruz atually bought this off a deck collector to be able to add it in a blind bag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLvmPcLl7zp/

That's rad.
Enjoy your life.

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »
I’m curious to know how much Natas made out of all this . .?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »
I’m curious to know how much Natas made out of all this . .?
Everyone knows everything Natas makes goes directly to Satan. My parents confirmed this 20+ years ago.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »

Like Charlie and the chocolate factory, the golden ticket had to turn up sooner or later.

Was the 1 of 1 from Natas himself (as it it came from his own collection of his old first issue decks) or am I thinking of some other Natas deck that was of interest recently?

Either way not a worry and yes those things are ridiculous in price and collectable value.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jsettle

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2021, 04:33:38 AM »
It wasn't from Natas himself. NHS bought it off some board collector guy last year for 3,500 so they could add it in 1 of the blind bags. Seems like the guy sold it for very little seeing how big this blind bag thing turned out to be. I think he should of got closer to 10 grand for it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCeBBx0jn4J/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDpwo6_FgTx/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CESQVzaFofb/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2021, 04:52:57 AM »
It wasn't from Natas himself. NHS bought it off some board collector guy last year for 3,500 so they could add it in 1 of the blind bags. Seems like the guy sold it for very little seeing how big this blind bag thing turned out to be. I think he should of got closer to 10 grand for it.

That is pretty cool - thanks for posting!

And yes looking back at it, I would think that with all the hype it is definitely worth a lot more than that right now, but if the hype dies down, things might go back to normal.

Maybe the most anyone would have paid for a single deck even though there are ridiculous things on ebay going well over $25,000 asking price, a McGill just sold for $5,259 but surely something even harder to get would be worth a lot more?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jsettle

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
Not my top choice in what i wanted, but i cant complain when the whole point was to get a surprise colorway. seeing it in person definitely made me appreciate this variant way more though. The pictures don't really do it justice. Very hard to capture what your eyes actually see in person.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5AH7AlSU1/