Author Topic: Nike Skate Shop Day  (Read 5241 times)

busch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
Nike Skate Shop Day
« on: February 19, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLeg_flldme/?igshid=nj5v4s2b2iaf

I’m not too up on skate politics but am I tripping or did they pull their account from a ton of shops a few months ago which most likely can, did, or will put them out of business?

Not to mention a direct to consumer web store, making some of their shoes nearly impossible to get, putting many shops out of business by loading them with shoes that don’t sell just to get a few pairs of the ones that do which leads to them unable to pay. Again someone else could probably put up a better argument than me but this seems like the most laughable hypocritical thing I’ve seen in a while.

Vds

• Rep: -43
Re: Nike Skate Shop Day
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 01:42:23 PM »
Fuck nike

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 01:52:01 PM »
Fuck Nike

It's astounding anyone can support these scumbags
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »

I’m not too up on skate politics but am I tripping or did they pull their account from a ton of shops a few months ago which most likely can, did, or will put them out of business?

Not to mention a direct to consumer web store, making some of their shoes nearly impossible to get, putting many shops out of business by loading them with shoes that don’t sell just to get a few pairs of the ones that do which leads to them unable to pay. Again someone else could probably put up a better argument than me but this seems like the most laughable hypocritical thing I’ve seen in a while.

Fake news that gets recycled every 2 years.

If your shop goes out of business due to the lack access for more popular Nike SB shoes, there's a good chance your shop sucked to begin with.

I have not seen a shop 'close' due to Nike SB, but uh yeah, keep fighting the good fight.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »

busch

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If your shop goes out of business due to the lack access for more popular Nike SB shoes, there's a good chance your shop sucked to begin with.

I have not seen a shop 'close' due to Nike SB, but uh yeah, keep fighting the good fight.
I don’t have a local shop that isn’t lame so I don’t know. I don’t even care that much I was just surprised someone didn’t already start the topic.

I’m speculating off shit I’ve read/the way it seems like it naturally would go. The way I see it is that the younger generation likes Nike, that isn’t going away, but if Nike pulls the account from a local shop those kids can’t get what they want there anymore so they stop shopping there. This is out of the shops hands. The kids then buy them online or wherever else and that shop just lost a customer. If this happens enough times over that shop loses a lot of customers and without those customers that shop is not a shop. Is that that crazy to understand? Do you work for Nike? Do you care that much?

I know a shop that closed 100% due to owing Nike too much money from them sending a bunch of bs they were required to carry in order to get the “cool” shoes and this was like 15 years ago. It’s not like it doesn’t/hasn’t happened. Do you live in a skateboarding hot spot? Cause you may just not see it in a place where it’s thriving

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
That video was so fucking corny.  I feel embarrassed for anyone involved.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I don’t have a local shop that isn’t lame so I don’t know. I don’t even care that much I was just surprised someone didn’t already start the topic.

I’m speculating off shit I’ve read/the way it seems like it naturally would go. The way I see it is that the younger generation likes Nike, that isn’t going away, but if Nike pulls the account from a local shop those kids can’t get what they want there anymore so they stop shopping there. This is out of the shops hands. The kids then buy them online or wherever else and that shop just lost a customer. If this happens enough times over that shop loses a lot of customers and without those customers that shop is not a shop. Is that that crazy to understand? Do you work for Nike? Do you care that much?

I know a shop that closed 100% due to owing Nike too much money from them sending a bunch of bs they were required to carry in order to get the “cool” shoes and this was like 15 years ago. It’s not like it doesn’t/hasn’t happened. Do you live in a skateboarding hot spot? Cause you may just not see it in a place where it’s thriving

Yeah no shit you're speculating. What shops are currently on the brink of closing/have closed due to their Nike SB accounts being closed off?  One shop closing 15 years doesn't make it a precedent. You're saying it will/likely/already has happened.I also love how on Slap when you have a difference of opinion the default question is "Do you work for x?". I don't particularly care for Nike SB either.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 03:34:27 PM »
I went on the Baker site to look something up, and it was closed with a message saying "Support your local shop!" which is pretty cool.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »
I went on the Baker site to look something up, and it was closed with a message saying "Support your local shop!" which is pretty cool.

DC doing that too I hear

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
That video was so fucking corny.  I feel embarrassed for anyone involved.

Yep so contrived.

busch

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 03:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah no shit you're speculating. What shops are currently on the brink of closing/have closed due to their Nike SB accounts being closed off?  One shop closing 15 years doesn't make it a precedent. You're saying it will/likely/already has happened.I also love how on Slap when you have a difference of opinion the default question is "Do you work for x?". I don't particularly care for Nike SB either.

You’re right I don’t think you work for Nike sb. I’m starting to think that you ARE a Nike sb cause you really do seem to care. It’s all good, baby!

For real though if you think a place going out of business due to the inability to get a product that the majority of its customer base wants isn’t a realistic scenario you really might actually be a sneaker.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 03:51:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re right I don’t think you work for Nike sb. I’m starting to think that you ARE a Nike sb cause you really do seem to care. It’s all good, baby!

For real though if you think a place going out of business due to the inability to get a product that the majority of its customer base wants isn’t a realistic scenario you really might actually be a sneaker.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 03:52:27 PM »
Why didn't Nike do any skate shop day products like DLX, New Balance, Emerica and Vans? Even Russel brand made sweatshirts for shops lol. Nike is the same ones who make SB dunks that skaters dont even get a chance of buying to skate in anymore.

busch

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 03:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I fucking KNEW IT!

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 03:57:54 PM »
Fuck Nike. 

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
Why didn't Nike do any skate shop day products like DLX, New Balance, Emerica and Vans? Even Russel brand made sweatshirts for shops lol. Nike is the same ones who make SB dunks that skaters dont even get a chance of buying to skate in anymore.
all of those dunks are sold through skate shops and they sell out instantly so I doubt any shops are complaining.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 04:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
all of those dunks are sold through skate shops and they sell out instantly so I doubt any shops are complaining.

The shops that have them.... Yes of course

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »
Just here to put in my 2 cents... fuck nike! 

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what Nike has planned for Labor Day!
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:51 PM »

Lol

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 04:27:31 PM »

Holy shit. Wish I could gnar this man

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2021, 04:28:34 PM »
funny that Nyjah isn't in there.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »
I remember seeing the Sixth Ave skatepark dudes in Tennessee being super bummed and posting about how they got an email from Adidas saying that they got their account closed for no reason and a "we wish your shop the best in the future" at the end of the email. This happened to quite a few shops actually.

I've also heard that Nike is only going to be selling to 40 shops by the end of the year as well as Adidas is supposed to stop selling wholesale entirely by 2023.

Anybody got an account that can load up some screenshots to the below article?
https://shop-eat-surf.com/2020/11/skate-shops-object-to-getting-dumped-by-adidas-and-nike/

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »
funny that Nyjah isn't in there.

He's out supporting his local shop

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »
I remember seeing the Sixth Ave skatepark dudes in Tennessee being super bummed and posting about how they got an email from Adidas saying that they got their account closed for no reason and a "we wish your shop the best in the future" at the end of the email. This happened to quite a few shops actually.

I've also heard that Nike is only going to be selling to 40 shops by the end of the year as well as Adidas is supposed to stop selling wholesale entirely by 2023.

https://shop-eat-surf.com/2020/11/skate-shops-object-to-getting-dumped-by-adidas-and-nike/

Like someone said earlier, these rumors pop up every couple of years.  For the entire existence of those message board, actually, so almost 2 decades now.  The sky hasn’t fallen, the earth still turns, yadda yadda yadda
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2021, 09:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Like someone said earlier, these rumors pop up every couple of years.  For the entire existence of those message board, actually, so almost 2 decades now.  The sky hasn’t fallen, the earth still turns, yadda yadda yadda

I dunno, after hearing that adidas skate got rid of their entire sales rep force, it seems more plausible this time around

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2021, 09:57:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I dunno, after hearing that adidas skate got rid of their entire sales rep force, it seems more plausible this time around

Adidas also dropped a lot of their flow riders.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:06:23 PM by Crabby_Bastard »
How much for an order of ribs?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2021, 10:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They also dropped a lot of their flow riders.

Won’t someone please think of the flow riders!!!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:19 PM »
is T Huff getting hooked up by Nike (pretty certain he was flow for them 14 years ago) or is Ishod just really going out his way to include him in shit?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?