Author Topic: Cairo Foster of (working for) Adidas  (Read 7043 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Cairo Foster of (working for) Adidas
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »
Cairo got transferred out of skate at Adidas and was working on stuff not related to skateboarding, he wanted to stay in skateboarding so he took a job at Mob. Nothing more, nothing less....

Hah its almost like you read (and comprehended) Cairo’s caption and approached this conversation sensibly.  THERES NO PLACE FOR YOU HERE

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2021, 03:40:32 PM »
cheetahsheets the wannabe mba is almost as unbearable as cheetahsheets the high skate iq ubermensch

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2021, 06:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Cairo got transferred out of skate at Adidas and was working on stuff not related to skateboarding, he wanted to stay in skateboarding so he took a job at Mob. Nothing more, nothing less....
[close]

Hah its almost like you read (and comprehended) Cairo’s caption and approached this conversation sensibly.  THERES NO PLACE FOR YOU HERE

Nah fam, I had heard the podcast the other day after seeing a post about it on r/nba. It generated a shitload of discussion on that subreddit. I found it glaring some of the consequences I was reading about on the hoops end. I then started thinking about what would happen if they did it to their skateboarding divisions considering news I had heard and we have the results of those thoughts in this thread because I genuinely find it a fascinating topic. I don’t wanna start topics, and I figured we would divulge into a Big 3 bad shitshow thread like usual, so was anticipating that with my posts.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2021, 06:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah fam, I had heard the podcast the other day after seeing a post about it on r/nba. It generated a shitload of discussion on that subreddit. I found it glaring some of the consequences I was reading about on the hoops end. I then started thinking about what would happen if they did it to their skateboarding divisions considering news I had heard and we have the results of those thoughts in this thread because I genuinely find it a fascinating topic. I don’t wanna start topics, and I figured we would divulge into a Big 3 bad shitshow thread like usual, so was anticipating that with my posts.

Well, at least we've got that.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2021, 09:09:21 PM »
If Emerica got rid of most of their current team and just up and sponsored all the revive/YouTube skaters I guarantee you a lot of you would probably never buy their shoes again. But, I bet a lot of little kids who eat that YouTube stuff up would.
Who a brand sponsors and the team that backs them plays a pretty big role in sales I’d say, and that’s just a shitty simple example that I came up with in two minutes.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2021, 12:39:46 AM »
Yeah, I think that if The Big Shoe Companies were to stop focusing on their skate teams, they would probably stop focusing on skate shoes altogether. It's the amount of notable pros riding for these brands that made skaters finally accept them.

D10S

• Rep: -51
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2021, 06:55:39 AM »

I heard Cairo suggested they stop making those uglyass Gonz shoes and he got fired...