Author Topic: The worst 3 pros in history  (Read 38866 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
Re: The worst 3 pros in history
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2021, 08:02:48 PM »
I already said Jordan Richter earlier, but I'm just going to go ahead and say it again.

pro club blanks

« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2021, 08:40:12 PM »
Gator
Andy Roy
Jason Jessee

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2021, 10:38:03 PM »
Patrick Melcher: kook
Andy Roy: kook
Paolo Diaz: yeah, yeah I know it’s about style and all but it never appealed to me... ability wise I thought he was a tad overrated.

Sorry :-(

I agree. He peaked in Ban This as far as I'm concerned.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
SAD. Any one mention him?

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2021, 08:01:57 AM »
SAD. Any one mention him?

SAD was sick you're nuts.

Has Nate Sherwood come up?

AlwaysSkater420

• Rep: 173
  • If you don't fuck with Boulala we can't be friends
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2021, 09:07:23 AM »
Berra
Dyrdek
Biebel

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2021, 09:26:31 AM »
Berra
Dyrdek
Biebel

that could be the list.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

jmoneybigdummy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
if we're talking skill/personality, i didn't see evan mock on here yet, but since he's on rvca and has his own clothing line i feel like he counts enough. while i don't know if he's one of the absolute worst 3 he's pretty unbearable. skates like a worse sean pablo if sean skated a little more transition with a (somehow) smaller bag of tricks done with less style, did the dylan skater-->model/celebrity transition but far less gracefully (and at this point has mostly ditched skating altogether), commits the cardinal sin of not even staring, but giving a stupid shit-eating grin straight at the fucking camera every single time he lands a lazy fs air, and pretty much only got a platform because he was the best kid at his park and frank oceans friend liked his hair. i guess he doesn't have a board though so idk if he really counts

also hate on this one if you want but talking pure technical skills maite might be the single worst pro with a board, male or female. she has a pretty good style sometimes, and seems like a rad human, but has the single smallest bag of tricks and ability of almost any pro regardless of gender. no offense, but when 1/3 of your clips are literally just drop-ins on banks and fs slashes in 2021...

final aside but in terms of style only, i really cannot fucking stand jeff dechesare. worst trick selection, arm steeze, and clothing choice of literally anyone in skateboarding currently. has he ever actually caught a flip trick before and not just landed anywhere but bolts on his board, milliseconds before it hit the ground? can he bs 50-50? has he ever done anything besides huck ugly shit down gaps? i seriously will never understand the hype behind him

mushroom slice

« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2021, 08:42:01 PM »
Good Good
Let  the hate flow through you

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »
been said already but:
shawn powers
josh harmony
tas pappas
Tas!?! He landed the 900 before tony(i know, i know but it happened none the less)and was a top tier pro vert skater for a few years.
I feel like the pals are confused by “worst” and “hated”

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2021, 04:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
been said already but:
shawn powers
josh harmony
tas pappas
[close]
Tas!?! He landed the 900 before tony(i know, i know but it happened none the less)and was a top tier pro vert skater for a few years.

where's the proof? as far as i know he landed it for the first time just a couple years ago on a megaramp
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »
a lot of ppl say tas is just a bitter old junkie lol  :-X i never watched the doc so im not gonna comment

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2021, 08:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been said already but:
shawn powers
josh harmony
tas pappas
[close]
[close]

where's the proof? as far as i know he landed it for the first time just a couple years ago on a megaramp
Theres some footage floating around or at least him getting damn close. Doesn’t matter.
Regardless of when, he did it. That alone takes him out of the running.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2021, 10:06:46 AM »
a lot of ppl say tas is just a bitter old junkie lol  :-X i never watched the doc so im not gonna comment

the doc is worth watching

australians are the most quotable people ever

its like jisoe except with 90’s skating instead of galvs and buges

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been said already but:
shawn powers
josh harmony
tas pappas
[close]
[close]

[close]
Theres some footage floating around or at least him getting damn close. Doesn’t matter.
Counterpoint : nope.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been said already but:
shawn powers
josh harmony
tas pappas
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Counterpoint : nope.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2021, 01:16:41 PM »
Chris Lambert
Austin Stephens
Vinny Vegas
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Liukang22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »
if we're talking skill/personality, i didn't see evan mock on here yet, but since he's on rvca and has his own clothing line i feel like he counts enough. while i don't know if he's one of the absolute worst 3 he's pretty unbearable. skates like a worse sean pablo if sean skated a little more transition with a (somehow) smaller bag of tricks done with less style, did the dylan skater-->model/celebrity transition but far less gracefully (and at this point has mostly ditched skating altogether), commits the cardinal sin of not even staring, but giving a stupid shit-eating grin straight at the fucking camera every single time he lands a lazy fs air, and pretty much only got a platform because he was the best kid at his park and frank oceans friend liked his hair. i guess he doesn't have a board though so idk if he really counts

also hate on this one if you want but talking pure technical skills maite might be the single worst pro with a board, male or female. she has a pretty good style sometimes, and seems like a rad human, but has the single smallest bag of tricks and ability of almost any pro regardless of gender. no offense, but when 1/3 of your clips are literally just drop-ins on banks and fs slashes in 2021...

final aside but in terms of style only, i really cannot fucking stand jeff dechesare. worst trick selection, arm steeze, and clothing choice of literally anyone in skateboarding currently. has he ever actually caught a flip trick before and not just landed anywhere but bolts on his board, milliseconds before it hit the ground? can he bs 50-50? has he ever done anything besides huck ugly shit down gaps? i seriously will never understand the hype behind him

Is there a hype behind him ? All he gets is hate :)

9inchdeck

« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »
It’s honestly insane how much better of a skater and dude Ethan Loy is than his brother. EL is extremely underrated and is overshadowed by David because he dick rides Nyjah so hard.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »

Agreed. He’s like the fly out kid at the local park but with flip tricks with awful footing and landings. Even his push is blah.

chrisskates808

« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2021, 09:23:51 PM »
anyone on revive (besides jason park) super nice dude

Have to second this. Met jason before he got more known.

chrisskates808

« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2021, 09:24:42 PM »
Idk about skating wise but I’d don’t really care for Berra.
I know he’s not a pro anymore but just can’t stand him

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »
    Expand Quote

• Felix Arguellas and Jason Rothmeyer (tie) - Felix had a really bad style and lack of exceptional skill. I remember that his butt would always be sticking out really far when landing tricks and we’d make fun of that while watching 411 or whatever shitty Planet Earth video post-Now ‘n’ Later. He was super underwhelming. Rothmeyer had a horrible style, no pop, and did the ugliest lines. He also came across as annoying from his Foundation days onward. If you were a fan, then you need to apologize to all of us. Most of the dudes on Santa Cruz and SMA (post Natas and Julien Stranger days) were very unimpressive and lacked charisma. Ron Whaley was like seven foot tall or some shit! They just didn’t make skating look very good and weren’t hanging with a lot of the other pros at the time.

[close]

Slaps precious Fred Gall was on New School ... tread lightly here brother

I'm late to the party on this, cos it's a shit idea for a thread, but WTF? Lumping JR in with Felix? Fuck right off. Jason's style was/is great.
    Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
    « Reply #293 on: October 29, 2021, 02:29:22 AM »
    Luska, Dyett, Braydon

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 499
      • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
    « Reply #294 on: October 29, 2021, 05:50:58 AM »

Mate you’re going out on a limb posting that kinda shit around here. One of Slaps heroes.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2021, 07:20:40 AM »

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
    « Reply #296 on: October 29, 2021, 10:35:56 AM »
    Expand Quote
    [close]

Mate you’re going out on a limb posting that kinda shit around here. One of Slaps heroes.

Yeah I would be careful with that one. Berra has somewhat of cult following around here.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2021, 10:38:20 AM »
    Stev borra
    Pauly fart
    Joey burritos

De Pook

• Rep: -1
    « Reply #298 on: December 14, 2021, 04:33:44 AM »
    Mike V is a fair candidate. Other than his early Powell days he was doing old tricks that the rest of skateboarding had revolved beyond. Acting all punk rock ethical while bailing on everybody for more money and pretending to be in Black Flag cover the personality part.

Winkowski seems like a decent enough guy, but who cares about skating old boards. Same as that Dead Dave or whatever guy y’all were pumping on here a while back. All those old boards/tricks guys are boring.

All those 'old boards' dude are my favorite type of skaters. Maybe it's their surfy-style which i like i guess. Kickflips into some grind thingy on a ledge bores me to death. Also, Erick Winkowski and Christopher Hiett are effortlessly doing things on 9,5 inch and 10 inch decks that their peers hardly did back in the day, so its not like there is no progression in skating shaped decks. The only thing that bums me out is that the Powell team (so Hietts side of things) keeps shooting video's with lame-ass skate-tubers and Braille / Revive guys. As someone else here said, Jason Park is the only redeeming thing about that team :P
    ;^)

somefucker

« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2021, 04:44:41 AM »
    Winkowski seems like a decent enough guy, but who cares about skating old boards. Same as that Dead Dave or whatever guy y’all were pumping on here a while back. All those old boards/tricks guys are boring.

lol this vid is corny but erick rips his 'old' shape. skating at 1:20.