Author Topic: The worst 3 pros in history  (Read 38596 times)

goldenbullcow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -406
Re: The worst 3 pros in history
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2021, 06:41:34 PM »
The three worst (legit) pros (skill level, not [necessarily] personality):
  • Terry Kennedy aka T.K. ::) - Shallow bag of tricks, bad style.... never should have been turned pro. He definitely had/has a pro-sized ego though.
  • Justin Eldridge/Chris Roberts (tie) - Not much to add with what other posters have mentioned earlier on here. It’s cool they do the Nine Club, but they should have had their boards taken away a looooong time ago. They also lack a strong, definable style; they’re very vanilla. They just bore me to tears and they still dress like dime a dozen “fresh” skaters from 2002. They do seem like super nice guys though and I wish them continued success with their YouTube channel/podcast.
  • Felix Arguellas and Jason Rothmeyer (tie) - Felix had a really bad style and lack of exceptional skill. I remember that his butt would always be sticking out really far when landing tricks and we’d make fun of that while watching 411 or whatever shitty Planet Earth video post-Now ‘n’ Later. He was super underwhelming. Rothmeyer had a horrible style, no pop, and did the ugliest lines. He also came across as annoying from his Foundation days onward. If you were a fan, then you need to apologize to all of us. Most of the dudes on Santa Cruz and SMA (post Natas and Julien Stranger days) were very unimpressive and lacked charisma. Ron Whaley was like seven foot tall or some shit! They just didn’t make skating look very good and weren’t hanging with a lot of the other pros at the time.

Honorable mentions: Simon Woodstock; he was such a gimmick that I can't really consider him a regular pro, but yeah, he SUCKED. "Kook" was invented just to describe someone like him. Also, many of the pros that were on New School, Invisible and Maple were very forgettable. I felt sorry for them.

Slaps precious Fred Gall was on New School ... tread lightly here brother

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »

• Terry Kennedy aka T.K. ::) - Shallow bag of tricks, bad style.... never should have been turned pro. He definitely had/has a pro-sized ego though.
  • Justin Eldridge/Chris Roberts (tie) - Not much to add with what other posters have mentioned earlier on here. It’s cool they do the Nine Club, but they should have had their boards taken away a looooong time ago. They also lack a strong, definable style; they’re very vanilla. They just bore me to tears and they still dress like dime a dozen “fresh” skaters from 2002. They do seem like super nice guys though and I wish them continued success with their YouTube channel/podcast.
  • Felix Arguellas and Jason Rothmeyer (tie) - Felix had a really bad style and lack of exceptional skill. I remember that his butt would always be sticking out really far when landing tricks and we’d make fun of that while watching 411 or whatever shitty Planet Earth video post-Now ‘n’ Later. He was super underwhelming. Rothmeyer had a horrible style, no pop, and did the ugliest lines. He also came across as annoying from his Foundation days onward. If you were a fan, then you need to apologize to all of us. Most of the dudes on Santa Cruz and SMA (post Natas and Julien Stranger days) were very unimpressive and lacked charisma. Ron Whaley was like seven foot tall or some shit! They just didn’t make skating look very good and weren’t hanging with a lot of the other pros at the time.

Honorable mentions: Simon Woodstock; he was such a gimmick that I can't really consider him a regular pro, but yeah, he SUCKED. "Kook" was invented just to describe someone like him. Also, many of the pros that were on New School, Invisible and Maple were very forgettable. I felt sorry for them.

how the fuck is Justin Eldridge (and chris roberts too) the worst pro in history?   switch flip 5-0 handrails and all sorts of crazy shit. 

i get that you don't like him as a person but we need people who are ass on the board, this isnt a personality contest.

TK i think barely gets the pro nod in my book.  barely, but he earned it at the time then never got much better.

Was Greg Harris pro?  he sucked.
where is home?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

how the fuck is Justin Eldridge (and chris roberts too) the worst pro in history?   switch flip 5-0 handrails and all sorts of crazy shit. 

i get that you don't like him as a person but we need people who are ass on the board, this isnt a personality contest.

TK i think barely gets the pro nod in my book.  barely, but he earned it at the time then never got much better.

As mentioned before, Eldridge’s big moves came as an am.  He’s been pro for nearly 20 years and hasn’t had a full part in the majority of that time.  Crailtap released a full part in Pretty Sweet for him after the video was released and that was 7 years ago.  He’s a terrible pro because he does bring name value or skating talent to the brand.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2021, 07:02:10 PM »
that is insane he has 3 minutes of footage in 20 years of pro skating

#switchgod

• Rep: -93
  • One love.
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2021, 07:20:44 PM »
1/ Danny Way
2/ Brent Atchley
3/ Erick Winkowski

Just kidding. I'm not a complete fucking idiot.

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »
Shane heyl

This guy doesn't like nose slides
Frontside grind blind on the government

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm assuming we mean skill wise, so Danny Way can't be on here.
Corey O'Brien had one of the best selling models on Santa Cruz in their heyday and I don't think he skated anything but curbs and mini ramps.  Cool 80s hair though.
Eric Sanderson is a good choice for this category.
Lizard King for modern suckage.
[close]

Nah. Lizard rips. The few times I saw him skate demos he went harder than everybody. I respect the hell out of that.

I'd believe you if the demo was in 2011.
Frontside grind blind on the government

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »
that is insane he has 3 minutes of footage in 20 years of pro skating

Being able to do nollie heelflip crook variations in the 2000s made you a hot commodity.

Also, I always through Austin Stephens was pretty average for someone who rode for emerica, rvca and toy machine.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2021, 08:25:36 PM »
Justin eldridge > Gino skill wise, footage wise

So for me Its

TK
Richie Jackson
Fred gall

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2021, 09:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

As mentioned before, Eldridge’s big moves came as an am.  He’s been pro for nearly 20 years and hasn’t had a full part in the majority of that time.  Crailtap released a full part in Pretty Sweet for him after the video was released and that was 7 years ago.  He’s a terrible pro because he does bring name value or skating talent to the brand.

I like Eldridge’s skating. His tricks in Pretty Sweet were rad.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2021, 09:45:17 PM »

So for me Its

TK
Richie Jackson
Fred gall
bruh

michael scarn

« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2021, 10:17:56 PM »
While I disagree that Jaramillo is one of the worst pros ever, I always thought it was hilarious that in his Profiles intro he says something like "Hi, I'm Rick Jaramillo. People call me 'Rick J' for some weird reason".

That is pretty goddamn funny.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2021, 10:57:47 PM »
Sean Pablo

Manny Santiago has never done anything I didn’t despise with every fiber of my being

Blondie

Whoever said Nick Jensen can eat a fat cock btw

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2021, 11:03:12 PM »
Cody Davis, Vinnie banh, & Frecks

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2021, 01:48:52 AM »

So for me Its

TK
Richie Jackson
Fred gall

I respect the balls it takes to write this, but no, no, no and no.

Not a big fan of TK, but I feel like he earned that pro status around Baker3.
I think Richie Jackson is a kook, but I actually like his skating. Skills, creativity, I respect that.

As for Fred...

The obvious answer is Felix: Little skill, bad style, big ego. What's there to like?

Knox Godoy doesn't count, because he never turned pro, right?

And of course, Shawn Powers. Shitty personality on top of everything else.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:57:02 AM by AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice »

second_domain

• Rep: -4
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2021, 03:05:18 AM »
don´t get the Rick J hate. nice style with a great trick selection.

mike V.
Scott Bourne
Daniel Castillo

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2021, 04:42:49 AM »
don´t get the Rick J hate. nice style with a great trick selection.

mike V.
Scott Bourne
Daniel Castillo

I don’t get the Daniel hate. Sure he never jumped down shit or hit a handrail but he had some good manny tricks and I like his full cab a lot

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2021, 04:51:03 AM »
Tom Green - Birdhouse (he even went on tour, doing early grabs)
Dan Cates- Death (UK Simon Woodstock wannabe)
Daniel Haney- Arcade (Handrails apart he was below par)
S H A L O M

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2021, 05:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote
so many softies in here. many reasons beside mediocre skating as to why one can be the worst

examples: rape, racism, spreading hate, abuse towards women, murdering gay people with bricks, etc
[close]

They can do all of those things and still be objectively better than Ben Kadow at skateboarding, who, despite his trademark serial killer stare, is probably a very nice guy. I even enjoy some of his stuff, but Danny Way being unlikeable to over sensitive zoomers on Slap doesn’t make him a worse skater than Ben Kadow.

Michael Jackson was a better pop star than Bieber, and he diddled kids.

Being opposed to homophobic fuelled murder is being over sensitive now?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2021, 06:22:56 AM »
Mark Gonzales

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2021, 06:55:02 AM »
Besides everyone on Revive:

1. Josh Harmony
2. Alex Olson
3. Andy Mac

As for the most frustrating pro, simply because he wont do shit on the streets is Luan.

D10S

• Rep: -51
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2021, 07:13:18 AM »
1. pros that drink/smoke their talent away (like bam, antwuan, etc.)
2. pros that treat kids like shit (like koston)
3. pros that act like skateboarding owes them something (like anthony mosley)

thomascandia

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2021, 07:21:53 AM »
While I disagree that Jaramillo is one of the worst pros ever, I always thought it was hilarious that in his Profiles intro he says something like "Hi, I'm Rick Jaramillo. People call me 'Rick J' for some weird reason".

I was writing about his weird intro on 411vm profile, but you done it before me ! 
I rewatch his part from hiatus to 411vm: an average skater good for a shop sponsor but not pro for a big co. Like planet earth at the time.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so many softies in here. many reasons beside mediocre skating as to why one can be the worst

examples: rape, racism, spreading hate, abuse towards women, murdering gay people with bricks, etc
[close]

They can do all of those things and still be objectively better than Ben Kadow at skateboarding, who, despite his trademark serial killer stare, is probably a very nice guy. I even enjoy some of his stuff, but Danny Way being unlikeable to over sensitive zoomers on Slap doesn’t make him a worse skater than Ben Kadow.

Michael Jackson was a better pop star than Bieber, and he diddled kids.
[close]

Being opposed to homophobic fuelled murder is being over sensitive now?

I can be opposed to a homophobic fueled murder that was committed by some guy who isn’t Danny Way and still recognize that Danny Way is one of the most talented and driven people to step on a skateboard.

Wallienollie

• Rep: -2
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2021, 07:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone on revive (besides jason park) super nice dude
[close]

Do they really count as pros tho...

no. they do not

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2021, 08:31:34 AM »
In terms of productivity falling off a cliff when they turn from Am to Pro, then I would say Jake Duncombe.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2021, 08:33:19 AM »
Expand Quote

So for me Its

TK
Richie Jackson
Fred gall
[close]

I respect the balls it takes to write this, but no, no, no and no.

Not a big fan of TK, but I feel like he earned that pro status around Baker3.
I think Richie Jackson is a kook, but I actually like his skating. Skills, creativity, I respect that.

As for Fred...

Completely agree with these sentiments RJ & TK are definitely kooky to me they should’ve been on a lesser known brand IMO.

Ritchie Jackson is the newest iteration of Simon Woodstock now as far as TK he’s talented and has a Pro as fuck ego buttttttt for being on the level of other’s not so much dude doesn’t do switch at all.

Now as far as Freddy dude rips not much bad can he said bad about him.
Dueces Bitch's

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2021, 08:43:45 AM »
Saw Simon Woodstock mentioned a few times on here, I saw him at demo once and he's actually one of the best skaters ive seen in real life, he just came in no kookiness, no gimmicks, no outfits, just killed it. That being said he also had the worst fucking styles I'd ever seen in my life.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2021, 10:33:21 AM »

2. Alex Olson

rewatch his part in fully flared and then focus your account

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook