Author Topic: Why do my ollie's turn into accidental pop shove it's?  (Read 730 times)

Shouxing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Why do my ollie's turn into accidental pop shove it's?
« on: February 21, 2021, 02:14:19 PM »
I finally managed to get air a few times but 90 percent of my ollie's the board spins around and lands a few inches to the side or in front of me. Some times it doesn't sound and kinda floats left even though I'm standing still the board lands to the side or in front. I'm watching a lot of videos but sometimes hearing peoples mental process and explanation helps more than a video. This is progress however, last week I was using the fastest bearings/wheels possible for learning street tricks wondering why the board was always shooting away while landing beginner tricks. Got some stock shit and it's much easier and less falls, actually no falls

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Why do my ollie's turn into accidental pop shove it's?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 07:19:59 PM »
ok so your description is completely fucked and i have no idea what your talking about, can you post a video?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:24:34 AM »
are you popping the tail straight down?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:40 AM »
try having your shoulders locked over the bolts

back foot right in the middle of the tail and popping straight to the ground as bruhfart said

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:18:21 PM »
hah I randomly have this problem too. Your timing is a little off and you arent popping hard enough.

Consciously execute the pop before anything. Straight down too

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Brguy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 03:20:14 AM »
Make sure you're not popping with your back foot pointing forwards, notice in videos how the back foot is always straight or pointing to the back. If you pay attention to this it helps with shoulder positioning too.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
And if you''re having trouble figuring out what your shoulders are doing or have trouble not keeping your shoulder parallel over the deck, swing your leading arm straight forward in the direction your going when you pop. Your arm and your deck should be in a straight line.