Author Topic: braille skate shoes  (Read 7535 times)

Croquet temper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: braille skate shoes
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2021, 03:27:54 AM »
If he’s given 750 grand to the Trekkie religion he probably needs to keep up that pace if he wants to remain in the super elite fetus eating gentleman’s club tier of the organization. Buyer beware.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2021, 03:39:54 AM »
this is it. dont know how to post a larger pic

that's pretty ugly, not gonna lie

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2021, 03:57:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I said it to the cariuma guy... To any industry folks lurking the boards, just be upfront about the company and your position and people might give you the time of day. This strategy never works
[close]

Word. OP you're better off just focusing and coming back under a new name and being honest. But to answer your question, I think I can confidently speak for every single person on here when I say no they can fuck off

You don't speak for me. I say they can fuck of.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2021, 06:26:54 AM »
im gonna need atleast 2 john hill videos to break this all down for me

free max b
FREE MAX B

nickpaolucci

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2021, 06:27:22 AM »
how do you feel about braille entering the skate shoe market

aaron, are you a reptile and will these shoes be comfortable for non-reptiles such as myself?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:50 AM »
abd by gravis, whose logo, 4 dots, was braille for the letter g

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 10:58:44 AM »
There go all of the Nike/Adidas sales, right out the window!  ;)
Like all things Braille: pure shit.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

OldSkater

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2021, 11:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
how do you feel about braille entering the skate shoe market
[close]

aaron, are you a reptile and will these shoes be comfortable for non-reptiles such as myself?

i feel like there is no way to convince you guys im not aaron so i should just lean into it at this point

have you ever considered using an e-meter? do you have an extra 20,000 dollars to give to my batshit religion?

hold on watch me try to skate a metal cheese grater in front of a mob of 5th graders

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2021, 01:50:29 PM »
their logo is disgusting

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2021, 01:56:41 PM »
can we please just get back to some steadfast gatekeeping in skateboarding?

Like this summer everyone here should try and make a kid with a braille/revive/carium product cry.

tease and bully the shit out of them until they cry.
I need a coffee

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »
can we please just get back to some steadfast gatekeeping in skateboarding?

Like this summer everyone here should try and make a kid with a braille/revive/carium product cry.

tease and bully the shit out of them until they cry.
ahhh the good ol' days - it kept the bloodline strong

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -8
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 03:08:55 PM »
They'd better be named The L-Ron Hubbas.
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »
^^ good one.

Been thinking about this situation and i think its important for shop owners to take a stand against Braille and boycott the shoes. Braille has existed for however long with out supporting one single skate shop. No skate shops carry Braille boards because they have a DTC model that under cuts the price shops sell decks for. They have PS stix decks selling for $49.95 on their website. decks form the same factory from other brands are selling for $60-70 right now. Braille is supposedly a top selling brand, but they dont share any of their sales with shops by selling to shops wholesale. They dont make any products with the intention of selling through a skate shop. And they dont teach kids to support local shops. So after years and years of not supporting any shops, Braille is making shoes and asking the shops to buy the shoes wholesale to help launch their footwear program. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Its time for shop owners to be strong and not buy any of those shoes. It may be difficult in a time when the Adidas gap on the shoe wall will need to be filled but please look to Sole Tech, Lakai, etc. for shoes.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2021, 04:16:39 PM »
^^ good one.

Been thinking about this situation and i think its important for shop owners to take a stand against Braille and boycott the shoes. Braille has existed for however long with out supporting one single skate shop. No skate shops carry Braille boards because they have a DTC model that under cuts the price shops sell decks for. They have PS stix decks selling for $49.95 on their website. decks form the same factory from other brands are selling for $60-70 right now. Braille is supposedly a top selling brand, but they dont share any of their sales with shops by selling to shops wholesale. They dont make any products with the intention of selling through a skate shop. And they dont teach kids to support local shops. So after years and years of not supporting any shops, Braille is making shoes and asking the shops to buy the shoes wholesale to help launch their footwear program. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Its time for shop owners to be strong and not buy any of those shoes. It may be difficult in a time when the Adidas gap on the shoe wall will need to be filled but please look to Sole Tech, Lakai, etc. for shoes.
Fer fux sake, if you think a shop’s balance sheet has taken a hit from losing the “big shoe” accounts, imagine the hit they’ll take when they alienate their sole remaining customer base by bringing THEM shits into their shop. ...Talk about taking a hit to your rep!
Real talk; I can’t respect a shop that’s gonna do that & I can’t spend my $ at a shop I don’t respect.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2021, 04:17:38 PM »
^^ good one.

Word
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2021, 09:13:54 PM »
Braille shoes sounds like a pizza from McDonald’s.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2021, 03:37:45 AM »
^^ good one.

This.

veritas

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2021, 03:47:08 AM »
Expand Quote
this is it. dont know how to post a larger pic
[close]
The shoe version of a decaying cold hamburger patty, fallen from a child’s happy meal and left to rot underneath the bleachers at a muddy soccer field.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2021, 05:23:15 AM »
I think it’s a fantastic idea, pals are going to lap this up. You have a solid fan base here. If I were you I’d invest every last dime I have, sell the skatepark and cancel the Scientology membership. You are going to take over!

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2021, 06:28:44 AM »
I guess braille has more chance to succeed than those close minded guys that complain about nike destroying skateshops etc LMAO

inb4 videos of braille skate shoes doing a kickflip on a glass board or whatever da fuck kids do for likes these days hahahaha

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2021, 06:49:17 AM »
Expand Quote
You mean like shoes for that blind dude who skates for Real?
[close]

why would blind people need special shoes

Actually this brings up a very good point.

Is anyone running Braille Skateboarding actually legally blind?

If not, the use and instances of appropriating braille (the written form) would be highly fucked up in modern context. This is exactly why we got rid of the mute grab and now call it the Weddle.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2021, 06:55:08 AM »
i still call em mute grabs until we get justice for monty nolder

OldSkater

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If not, the use and instances of appropriating braille (the written form) would be highly fucked up in modern context. This is exactly why we got rid of the mute grab and now call it the Weddle.

the building braille is in, is called like "lighthouse for the blind" or something

I believe they get a discount on rent for hiring some blind people in the warehouse

now go ahead and tear me a new butthole for admitting i have watched their videos lol

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »

now go ahead and tear me a new butthole for admitting i have watched their videos lol

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the building braille is in, is called like "lighthouse for the blind" or something

I believe they get a discount on rent for hiring some blind people in the warehouse

Nah, bud... Braille is in San Leandro & is a shitty extension of the CoS indoctrination wing.
Lighthouse For the Blind is a pretty rad charity focused on assisting those living with permanent vision impairment & has locations in Berkeley & San Francisco. Sadly, it is a shell of its former self, back when it was an upstart new charitable organization featuring Gonz, J. Lee, Guy, etc.

EDIT: there’s also a couple different skurbs within feet of the Berkeley Lighthouse location.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2021, 04:16:57 PM »
I read this thread and I see many Pals with low thetan levels. Skaters who need to go clear and free their reactive mind of the built up trauma that defines them. Plug yourself into an e-reader and you will see that your biological processes speed up when you confront traumatic memories. This is ok, you can be trained to let go. Try reading Dianetics before you write it off. Hubbard fused modern science and Buddhism. It will make you Ollie higher.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2021, 04:20:31 PM »
It will probably bankrupt them, so, great idea.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2021, 04:22:31 PM »
I read this thread and I see many Pals with low thetan levels. Skaters who need to go clear and free their reactive mind of the built up trauma that defines them. Plug yourself into an e-reader and you will see that your biological processes speed up when you confront traumatic memories. This is ok, you can be trained to let go. Try reading Dianetics before you write it off. Hubbard fused modern science and Buddhism. It will make you Ollie higher.

I would actually consider joining a cult if this was a guaranteed result

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »
Pretty funny anyone would think braille would be doing market research here. Bitter middle aged Bobby Pueleo fans are not exactly their target demographic. Think they are more interested in 12 year olds from fly over states who don't know any better.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2021, 05:01:32 PM »
Pretty funny anyone would think braille would be doing market research here. Bitter middle aged Bobby Pueleo fans are not exactly their target demographic. Think they are more interested in 12 year olds from fly over states who don't know any better.

Fuckin' Pueleo fans...