Author Topic: Bakerboys now distributing 917  (Read 10946 times)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Re: Bakerboys now distributing 917
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2021, 07:17:13 AM »
What I don’t understand is why would baker boys take on 917 and have the brand die there. Seems like they’re gonna use their resources to streamline the brand cause it’s clearly troubled organization wise.

I wonder if the quality is gonna change In 917’s product due to the switch to baker boys

I’m not an industry guy, so who are you dudes calling the brand done. Bold claim no source cited

Didn’t Cyrus do some of the graphics with his art school background?

nothing's been the since same

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2021, 07:32:21 AM »
What I don’t understand is why would baker boys take on 917 and have the brand die there. Seems like they’re gonna use their resources to streamline the brand cause it’s clearly troubled organization wise.

I wonder if the quality is gonna change In 917’s product due to the switch to baker boys

I’m not an industry guy, so who are you dudes calling the brand done. Bold claim no source cited

There is nothing to stream line. They are not gonna exist purely as a brand with no team. To me it seems as though Robin Fleming through her past relationships got Baker Boys to distribute their boards to a broader range of shops for this last drop. Couldn't imagine how much it would suck trying to sell boards on your own when you know the company is done.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2021, 07:37:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There is nothing to stream line. They are not gonna exist purely as a brand with no team. To me it seems as though Robin Fleming through her past relationships got Baker Boys to distribute their boards to a broader range of shops for this last drop. Couldn't imagine how much it would suck trying to sell boards on your own when you know the company is done.

Oh I see. Helping 917 liquidate then. That makes sense. Damn.

I wish maquina de amor would have landed a clip in a video before the company ended

nothing's been the since same

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2021, 07:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
917 and Birdhouse in the same distribution?

What will 2021 throw at us next
[close]
tony hawks actually moving to new york and is gonna get really into house music
[close]
he already owns a condo there
[close]

Tony on supreme, and filming with Bobby hill.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2021, 08:45:22 AM »
 :(

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »
That explains why I saw them sitting on the grass together sharing ideas at this school I was skating.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »
Robin Fleming was one of the best people I got to know when I worked in skating. I wish her nothing but the best. At the same time I know next to nothing about 917.
ok thanks

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2021, 09:38:42 AM »

917 and the bakerboys brands are from the same woodshop. Cyrus was an industrial design major
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

BieberStance

• Rep: -16
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2021, 09:40:07 AM »
its so weird to see AO fucking up such a goldmine or cashcow as 917 was.
he had the name and reputation and connections to make the fashionworld skateworld crossover happen.
even tho he turned out kooky, his reputation was totally fine in the beginning and so was his founding of a brand totally legit.
he had a massively stacked and highly motivated team and somehow managed to produce two topshelf videos.
his brand was the hot commodity all over the world and even sold out.

like WTF? how lazy and without passion does he have to be to fuck this up. i absolutely can not imagine it.
even if you don´t care at all, it wouldn´t have been too much of an effort to manage it and your team or atleast hire some TM to get it to a point where you can basically lay back and milk it.

the cyrus bunt left the impression that alex absolutely lost his mind.

ergo: don´t homeschool your kids!

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2021, 10:03:55 AM »

ergo: don´t homeschool your kids!

Alex was un-schooled I believe is the phrase. No idea what that means. To remove knowledge?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
Haha I gotta listen to this. Does Cyrus mention Alex giving up skating to just read and repost life hacks from “@alkalinevegan”? Fuck skating bro did you know if you change your diet to all quinoa and open your pituitary gland you won’t have to wipe when you shit. Because for some reason he believes that some early vegan subsection of humans way before our time didn’t have to wipe after shitting.

That’s literally what AO did with 917, ignored it until everyone left so he could focus on taking the perfect shit. Kinda craze

Free max b
FREE MAX B

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »
idk about all the hate dudes. 7 years is a damn good run. Those 2 917 videos are timeless. And Alex did a hell of a lot of "talent scouting" and put a bunch of young or low-key dudes on a huge ass platform.

Maybe the business or TM-ing part wasn't his thing but this dude definitely made his mark on the 2010s.

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »
Haha I gotta listen to this. Does Cyrus mention Alex giving up skating to just read and repost life hacks from “@alkalinevegan”? Fuck skating bro did you know if you change your diet to all quinoa and open your pituitary gland you won’t have to wipe when you shit. Because for some reason he believes that some early vegan subsection of humans way before our time didn’t have to wipe after shitting.

That’s literally what AO did with 917, ignored it until everyone left so he could focus on taking the perfect shit. Kinda craze

Free max b

If I had the opportunity to take perfect shits for the rest of my life at the cost of alienating my friends and fucking up my business prospects, I'm choosing the shits every time.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2021, 02:26:36 PM »
idk about all the hate dudes. 7 years is a damn good run. Those 2 917 videos are timeless. And Alex did a hell of a lot of "talent scouting" and put a bunch of young or low-key dudes on a huge ass platform.

Maybe the business or TM-ing part wasn't his thing but this dude definitely made his mark on the 2010s.

Definitely man.

All in all it was a huge success.

Nothing good lasts forever.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Happy, sorry

• Rep: -12
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2021, 03:54:09 PM »
So butthole or nah?

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »

Free max b

AO is basically Gwyneth Paltrow, except she’s better at business, and he has better poops