Author Topic: Deshawn on King Skateboards  (Read 13945 times)

Wienerboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
Re: Deshawn on King Skateboards
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2023, 09:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tell us how you know dude
[close]

someone in the industry told me. He has no board prospects yet. but i guess he wasn't meshing with the Toy team.. big surprise there...
[close]

I have an inside source that told me when a bunch of Toy guys went to Baltimore to turn Myles pro everyone stayed at Myles parents house and crashed in the basement, Dashawn requested a hotel room.

I will also say that I met him at the after party and he was the nicest dude without a doubt.

And I will also say I don't hold anything against him for wanting a hotel room. We did a trip recently with the shop I ride for and the owner paid for a hotel room and everyone was invited. I'm old, I'm not sleeping on a floor, I am going to sleep when I want to go to sleep. I paid for my own room.
[close]

So not only does Tum Yeto not pay teamriders, they don’t put them up in hotels either?

I don’t blame him at all. You don’t know who snores or farts in their sleep. You also don’t want Ed Templeton taking pictures of you while you sleep.
[close]

I'm ok with Ed photographing me in my sleep. So long as he doesn't use the photo for evil and I get a box or something like that after the photo goes viral

At least a copy of the photo in a cool lil frame.

I'm ok with people taking my picture all the time now. Before it could lead to conflict.

When I was younger I couldn't even look in the mirror.
[close]

mind sharing with us how you overcame this?  I sense this is something we can all learn from

This whole concept reminds me of that book A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. In that book he had a lot of trouble looking at his reflection for many years. It's a huge theme of the book, and in the end he is able to overcome it because he is finally satisfied with his "role" or "karma" in life. Before he wasn't really living a fulfilling life, but most of all wasn't treating himself or others well. When he started to be kind, show actual care for others and his own well-being, he started feeling like a good person. And then he could finally look into his own eyes in the mirror.

At times in my life I have experienced the same, so maybe some of what I wrote is anecdotal. But one thing I've understood is that when I feel as though I'm not living right (mistreating others, lying, etc.) then I can't look into my eyes in the mirror and be okay with myself. Because I am not being the person I want to be. So It's kind of an internal dialogue that may even be subconscious that when I look into my own eyes in the mirror I am asking myself, are you who you want to be? Are you a good person?

And if the answer to that question is yes, then I have no problem with myself and therefore have no problem looking in the mirror.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2023, 09:45:30 AM »
I have this bizarre impulse to make stupid shitty faces every time I look in the mirror. I think I've got issues.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2023, 09:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

someone in the industry told me. He has no board prospects yet. but i guess he wasn't meshing with the Toy team.. big surprise there...
[close]

I have an inside source that told me when a bunch of Toy guys went to Baltimore to turn Myles pro everyone stayed at Myles parents house and crashed in the basement, Dashawn requested a hotel room.

I will also say that I met him at the after party and he was the nicest dude without a doubt.

And I will also say I don't hold anything against him for wanting a hotel room. We did a trip recently with the shop I ride for and the owner paid for a hotel room and everyone was invited. I'm old, I'm not sleeping on a floor, I am going to sleep when I want to go to sleep. I paid for my own room.
[close]

So not only does Tum Yeto not pay teamriders, they don’t put them up in hotels either?

I don’t blame him at all. You don’t know who snores or farts in their sleep. You also don’t want Ed Templeton taking pictures of you while you sleep.
[close]

I'm ok with Ed photographing me in my sleep. So long as he doesn't use the photo for evil and I get a box or something like that after the photo goes viral

I'm ok with people taking my picture all the time now. Before it could lead to conflict.

[close]

mind sharing with us how you overcame this?  I sense this is something we can all learn from
[close]

This whole concept reminds me of that book A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. In that book he had a lot of trouble looking at his reflection for many years. It's a huge theme of the book, and in the end he is able to overcome it because he is finally satisfied with his "role" or "karma" in life. Before he wasn't really living a fulfilling life, but most of all wasn't treating himself or others well. When he started to be kind, show actual care for others and his own well-being, he started feeling like a good person. And then he could finally look into his own eyes in the mirror.

At times in my life I have experienced the same, so maybe some of what I wrote is anecdotal. But one thing I've understood is that when I feel as though I'm not living right (mistreating others, lying, etc.) then I can't look into my eyes in the mirror and be okay with myself. Because I am not being the person I want to be. So It's kind of an internal dialogue that may even be subconscious that when I look into my own eyes in the mirror I am asking myself, are you who you want to be? Are you a good person?

And if the answer to that question is yes, then I have no problem with myself and therefore have no problem looking in the mirror.

Isn’t that the book where he faked a drug problem and Oprah found out and got pissed?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Isn’t that the book where he faked a drug problem and Oprah found out and got pissed?

yes

Wienerboy

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2023, 09:52:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yeah and they parodied it on South Park. I think some shit he wrote was embellished but I don't think he faked a drug addiction. Either way the book still has nuggets of wisdom and applicable life lessons.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2023, 10:07:33 AM »
Dashawn on krooked is my nightmare
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2023, 10:11:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

And now he's an e-sports entrepreneur.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -61
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2023, 01:29:37 PM »
its weird this dude even skates, honestly. Him on anything doesnt fit. even a weird ass brand. Him on a skateboard is the weird part.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2023, 02:02:13 PM »
its weird this dude even skates, honestly. Him on anything doesnt fit. even a weird ass brand. Him on a skateboard is the weird part.

hilarious. nailed it.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2023, 02:03:26 PM »
He's an industry plant

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2023, 02:14:20 PM »
On his nine club he did come off kinda kooky. I forgot what he said but it was kinda cringey. Something how he didn’t skate streets just parks and contests forever. He crushes but that’s lame

Pooh Drunx

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »
On his nine club he did come off kinda kooky. I forgot what he said but it was kinda cringey. Something how he didn’t skate streets just parks and contests forever. He crushes but that’s lame

he said "facts"

Imagine being that good and having only 1 legit street part out and its the last part of the video. that same company brought you on a pro and let you be you and stay the contest dude and have all the weird sponsors. and you still quit. thats wild.

he won street league 1 time ever. like 6 years ago. never won tampa, xgames, olympics. never posts SHIT from the field on his insta. Just follows Prod around everywhere and just skates his park only.

quitting toy machine for april is like quitting the NBA to go be in an And1 mixtape
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:28:00 PM by Pooh Drunx »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2023, 02:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he said "facts"

Imagine being that good and having only 1 legit street part out and its the last part of the video. that same company brought you on a pro and let you be you and stay the contest dude and have all the weird sponsors. and you still quit. thats wild.

he won street league 1 time ever. like 6 years ago. never won tampa, xgames, olympics. never posts SHIT from the field on his insta. Just follows Prod around everywhere and just skates his park only.

quitting toy machine for april is like quitting the NBA to go be in an And1 mixtape

He Said-
 "facts" "facts" "facts"  "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts"
"facts" "facts" "facts"  "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts" "facts"

and....

"facts"
 "facts"
 "facts"
 "facts"  Thats a fact.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

dannyprovolone

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2023, 03:32:25 PM »
facts

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2023, 05:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he said "facts"

Agree with the first part of what you’re saying but in no way is Toy Machine a step above April right now.  That’s ludicrous.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2023, 05:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he said "facts"

Bro, And 1 mixtapes are way more dope than the NBA
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

switchfakie

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2023, 05:13:13 PM »
we need a Dashawn of Toy Machine thread first my guy

you mean DaTHEshawn ?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2023, 09:00:05 PM »

Fucken hell, that was terrible and Im annoyed at myself for watching it.

Pooh Drunx

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2023, 08:37:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

he said "facts"

[close]
Bro, And 1 mixtapes are way more dope than the NBA

and 1 mixtapes are way doper for sure. It was a weird analogy. April just seems like an instagram brand that sells DTC and barely see their boards in shops and their videos are just random montages and edits that just come out. where as toy machine is an actual brand that is doing the real shit.

i dont know. besides the point. april or toy machine or real or element. the brand dashawn fit on the most was Sovern. whatever that is worth...

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2023, 08:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he said "facts"

Maybe he has problems messing with non skaters? That's the worst part of always being in the streets.
People feeling compelled to come over and tell you how "cool" it is.

Me putting on my fake happy face and saying yes so cool I been trying to do this trick since 1991.

You know what I think would be cool? Me watching your dock sider rocking ass walking off to bother a different human.

The skate park is far worse when you really think about it. That's where ole dock siders sends his fucked up kids so he can do whatever he wants with his free time.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2023, 08:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I used to go to parties like that. Stand around and sell blow. Keeping my hand on my pistol at all times.

Rich kids are grimey AF. Constantly plotting on the free come up

Reminds me of that movie Bully. All those kids in fla kill their bully on acid.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Wienerboy

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2023, 08:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I used to go to parties like that. Stand around and sell blow. Keeping my hand on my pistol at all times.

Rich kids are grimey AF. Constantly plotting on the free come up

Reminds me of that movie Bully. All those kids in fla kill their bully on acid.

Love this movie, I watch it fairly often. It's definitely disturbing how the kids put so little thought into the murder of their "friend". Truly brainless. Also the song at the end by Fatboy Slim is perfect and haunting.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2023, 06:07:52 PM »
He looks like the type of dude that would come to your school to try to recruit you into the army

Hahaha

ToFakie

• Rep: 2
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2023, 08:21:34 PM »
Idk if we needed further confirmation but he was skating that hummingbird Mariano board at SLS Chicago.

Anyways, dude's just a different egg, he definitely doesn't look at skating the same way most of us look at skating. He's the quintessential athlete/jock skater and that was never going to work on Toy.

April is definitely a better fit. Their graphics look like goofy AI art and Dashawn's skating is kinda AI looking

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2023, 08:44:20 PM »
reading the thread where he got on toy is hilarious, so many bad takes
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2023, 08:48:44 PM »
I don’t wanna YouTube his interviews and fuck up my algorithm but why is he sounding like he’s Jamaican? Is that a new thing? Does he sound like that in real life?

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2023, 02:38:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yeah and they parodied it on South Park. I think some shit he wrote was embellished but I don't think he faked a drug addiction. Either way the book still has nuggets of wisdom and applicable life lessons.

first result when googling: "Anthony Bourdain described the book as "such an obvious, transparent, steaming heap of falsehood from the first page that I was enraged that anyone on earth would believe a word. As a former addict, I found this fake redemption memoir to be morally repugnant.""