Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 75437 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2021, 01:48:39 PM »
One time when I was visiting my girl at the time in New York, I could've sworn to god that I saw Aaron Suski at Laguardia.  I was 17 or 18 at the time and too scared to say hi.

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL deal with Pontus Alv is?  Like, did he get deported or something?  Just wondering how he ended up in a mansion in Portugal?  It's pretty clear that he kills it business-wise, with Polar soft goods selling like hot cakes, and now Last Resort AB.  I feel like there's a mystery behind it or something.

Why wouldn't you want to live in Portugal ?

He said he wanted to live beside the production of goods.

Plus it's cheap, european, amazing lifestyle, food, weather and best of all full of spots.

I'd do it if it could
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2021, 01:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I went to Barcelona in ‘06 or ‘07, and after a big night on the town, must have been about 4am, I saw Tom Penny alone not too far away. Dude seemed to be wandering aimlessly around town with giant wide-open eyes and his mouth dangling open just looking at stuff that didn’t seem to be there and talking to himself. Dude was fucking tripping HARD and it was kinda sad to see.

Met a guy at Parallel the following day who told us this was an almost daily thing for him. He was abusing mushrooms and acid a lot back then.

Nothing too strange, but that’s all I got.
[close]
What's the opposite of micro-dosing? I guess he was maxi-dosing.

Macro-dosing.

Re: Antonio Durao
He came to the Detroit House of Vans and did shit I would not expect him to do. Like fully tweaked out back 180 melons (bordering on methods) and back 180 tuck knees. I snuck my camera in and shot some of it.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote
One time when I was visiting my girl at the time in New York, I could've sworn to god that I saw Aaron Suski at Laguardia.  I was 17 or 18 at the time and too scared to say hi.

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL deal with Pontus Alv is?  Like, did he get deported or something?  Just wondering how he ended up in a mansion in Portugal?  It's pretty clear that he kills it business-wise, with Polar soft goods selling like hot cakes, and now Last Resort AB.  I feel like there's a mystery behind it or something.
[close]

Plus it's cheap, european, amazing lifestyle, food, weather and best of all full of spots.

I'd do it if it could

Absolutely agree with all of this.  I just remembered hearing that there were circumstances around him leaving Malmo, but I can't remember what exactly happened.

Underground City

• Rep: 6
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I saw Dan Murphy without a hat once.
[close]

I watched Dan Murphy get knocked the fuck out at a Mobb Deep show. It was amazing.
[close]

But was his hat still on?
Asking the important questions

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2021, 02:22:49 PM »
I was drunk in an NYC bar at like 2 in the morning one time and Clark Hassler randomly walked up to me and tried to sell me a board for 10 bucks. It was a Zero board.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Underground City

• Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 02:26:40 PM »
I was drunk in an NYC bar at like 2 in the morning one time and Clark Hassler randomly walked up to me and tried to sell me a board for 10 bucks. It was a Zero board.
I bought a lightly used Toy Machine deck off Billy Marks back in the day, I think I paid $20. He had a bit of a reputation for selling his sponsors product

doublesteveburger

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 02:28:46 PM »
Gator murdered my ex girlfriends older sisters best friend it was SO weird

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2021, 02:48:21 PM »
i was at central park when i was lil and i saw cairo foster playing with his daughter right across from me

sweet stories about pros.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2021, 02:54:47 PM »
Kenny hoyle gives a good fingering is what I’ve heard

Underrated post. I died laughing thank you

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2021, 02:57:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I bought a lightly used Toy Machine deck off Billy Marks back in the day, I think I paid $20. He had a bit of a reputation for selling his sponsors product

I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of skateboarders sell extra product they have lying around.

Hell, the ones who are part owners of skate shops just show up to the warehouse to grab products they can sell in their shop without having to pay wholesale.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd do it if it could
[close]

Absolutely agree with all of this.  I just remembered hearing that there were circumstances around him leaving Malmo, but I can't remember what exactly happened.

Are there any good interviews with Pontus? He seems to have really good business sense, and is doing it the right way. I wanna know more about the guy.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
I was setting up a complete at No Comply in Austin when I turned my head and a very very sweaty Ishod was walking right beside me. It looked like he just went for a swim in a pool with all his clothes on, probably the sweatiest I have ever seen another human being. I wanted to say hi but in no way do you bother a semi-stranger who is that sweaty. What's the appropriate amount of sweat for approaching someone without it turning into an episode of Seinfield and breaking social protocol?

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2021, 05:09:35 PM »
I was walking to a dim sum place with my now wife in Chinatown and look to my left and see gonz walking while drawing on an iPad. I had just smoked and definitely just went wide eyed with my mouth open. Dude just mimics my face then starts laughing as he passes me while he continues drawing and walking
Suns out, im going skating. chow

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »
I was walking to a dim sum place with my now wife in Chinatown and look to my left and see gonz walking while drawing on an iPad. I had just smoked and definitely just went wide eyed with my mouth open. Dude just mimics my face then starts laughing as he passes me while he continues drawing and walking

That's an amazing story ha
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Burnerboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Auby Taylor came to orlando for a vert contest thing and fell in love with a 18 year old girl and lived here with her for a month until girl realized he was manipulative and crazy and he had a meltdown when she broke up with him...
[close]
Based on what I've heard this doesn't surprise me unfortunately

Wasn't he one of the guys exposed by that Instagram account that called out johan stuckey and other pro skaters for me too stuff? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but he did something to some girl in Australia like got her to come to his hotel room and wouldn't let her leave? I'm definitely not remembering the incident correctly but I'm pretty sure he was one of those listed on that Instagram page.

Stlfromca

• Rep: 1
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2021, 06:08:59 PM »
grew up in Riverside CA. I remember after some shop demo Billy Marks accompanied by two groupie chick's was selling product out of a backpack. I bought a pair of rusty jeans for $20 that were absolutely fire. They were the arto saari sig ones.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2021, 06:18:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's an amazing story ha

Yeah, this one was great. Thank you for the mental picture and the chuckle.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Folklore

• Rep: 3
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »
Late 2015, maybe early 2016, was solo-seshing in a local public park spot that had flatrgound and a couple tall ledges (that I couldn't even dream of hitting back then). At some point, I hear another skater rolling and I see that the skater is approaching the spot. From afar, I see that it's this tall, buff (in my memory he seemed buff), black guy, and as he got a little closer, I noticed face tats, which gave me some Darth Maul vibes.
He mainly hit the ledges; I distinctly remember him doing several fs board pop outs on the tall ledge (a straight pop out, not back to the side, if that makes sense).
Then he sat down and started smoking this huuuuuge blunt/joint that I thought looked like a cigar. As he was chilling, in my head I was putting together my best tricks into a mini line that would make the guy think "ok this kid doesn't suck terribly." As I was scheming, I quickly look at the guy, and realize that he's looking at me and waived the joint as a token of offering. I don't smoke, so I declined his offer, but it felt really good that he offered it in the first place.

About 3 years later I found out that it was Antwuan Dixon, which for most of you was a dead give-away when I mentioned face tats. But this isn't really weird, just droll and memorable to me
стечение обстоятельств

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »
Lurker Lou once asked me if I thought he should try and get on Blueprint.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
Matt Field wandering through a packed crowd at 80s night at Cat Club in SF when i first moved there in 02.  He was grabbing girls asses when they weren't looking.  Naive me thought pros were like how they were represented in magazines, and I thought he was an honest peace loving hippie.  Kinda ruined my vibe for the night. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2021, 07:27:20 PM »
Late 2015, maybe early 2016, was solo-seshing in a local public park spot that had flatrgound and a couple tall ledges (that I couldn't even dream of hitting back then). At some point, I hear another skater rolling and I see that the skater is approaching the spot. From afar, I see that it's this tall, buff (in my memory he seemed buff), black guy, and as he got a little closer, I noticed face tats, which gave me some Darth Maul vibes.
He mainly hit the ledges; I distinctly remember him doing several fs board pop outs on the tall ledge (a straight pop out, not back to the side, if that makes sense).
Then he sat down and started smoking this huuuuuge blunt/joint that I thought looked like a cigar. As he was chilling, in my head I was putting together my best tricks into a mini line that would make the guy think "ok this kid doesn't suck terribly." As I was scheming, I quickly look at the guy, and realize that he's looking at me and waived the joint as a token of offering. I don't smoke, so I declined his offer, but it felt really good that he offered it in the first place.

About 3 years later I found out that it was Antwuan Dixon, which for most of you was a dead give-away when I mentioned face tats. But this isn't really weird, just droll and memorable to me

Damn you had a chance to smoke with antwuan dixon

#switchgod

• Rep: -93
  • One love.
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
Believe it or not...

I was in a house in Carlsbad. My friend who I think is now dead was roommates with Steve Claar. Me and my buddies were there. On acid. In the kitchen was Claar, Blender, and Jason Jessee. They were drinking a handle of Popov and we were in the living room on acid.

Blender comes over to us, knowing we're tripping hard, and just starts telling a tale out of nowhere...

"So this guy is cleaning his house one day. While he's cleaning he notices there's lichen behind the couch. You know, like mold. So he is kind of tripping but he cleans up the lichen and doesn't think too much about it."

"Uh huh"  :o

"Couple months later the phone rings. The lichen is on the phone. THE LICHEN IS ON THE PHONE!"

::)

True story. The next day we went to breakfast at a bar in Blender's Volvo wagon. He was about to pull into a spot and a dude just snakes him. "That's what I like about that guy. He knows where he's going."

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2021, 07:41:25 PM »
So year's ago I was hanging out with randoms in SF 99'-03'  JT was there as well. So I had a friend come out from rural Alabama and we're kicking it at a apartment in the Castro area it's a fantasy type of lgbtq+ event. 

So we're smoking outside of this apartment on a porch fire escape and my friend loses his cherry on his smoke with at what he thinks it's pigeon 🐦 shit, NOPE it's two bear's above us fucking each other and my boy got spunked on.

They were going at it like well angry bear's  but what kill's me is the first time this dude Alex comes out to SF & he gets ropes of spunk shot on him. I lost it with laughing at him and was like ewwwww dude that's fucked!

Let's just say he didn't kick it there long.
Dueces Bitch's

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2021, 08:00:10 PM »
I lived in Japan and Korea for a while from 2008 to 2014.  once while i was in korea i saw a volcom tour come through, it was awesome.  They had pfanner, caswell, Dollin, Westgate, a long haired provost, gravette etc.  Good squad. it was like...2010ish

So anyway, we were all at this big plaza chilling and skating, a pretty mellow "tour" and the guys were all super nice.   I wasnt really looking at his face that closely and i told westgate how stoked i was on his recent footage and he got real mad in _____ video. 

He got really mad and walked off on his on his own.  It wasnt westgate, it was grant taylor who had grown and shaved his head since mindfield.  they all cracked up and said everyone in asia had been calling him westage and he was so bummed on it.  he literally just walked away and didnt turn up for hours. 
where is home?

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2021, 08:12:18 PM »
On the subject of Penny stories, I got one that ties in with a recent CultOfTom insta post. He does a massive frontside flip over a pyramid with a backpack on.

A young Tom Penny shows up at a shop demo for Becker Surf n Sport way back in like 1995, and he's with Chad Muska. The two of them are immediately searching for a place to drink and smoke. They can't do it in front of the security guards and parents in stuffy Orange County, so the only place for them is down the side of this big grassy slope. They had to stash their alcohol and bong in a backpack. Everybody wants Tom to skate but for most of the demo he's just tucked away down the side of this grassy slope just enjoying nature, getting high and drinking beer!

Finally near the end of the demo, someone propped a small spine ramp on top of the pyramid and people were trying to do their enders for the crowd. Tom spontaneously grabs a board and still with his backpack on that he was hiding beers/bong inside, without any warm up, he launches that giant frontside flip over the whole god damned spine. The whole place went apeshit. It was levels above what people were used to seeing. And someone captured that magic moment on video.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:02:33 AM by Merman »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2021, 08:15:53 PM »
We need to compile all these Penny stories for the archives.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:48 PM »
On the subject of Penny stories, I got one that ties in with a recent CultOfTom insta post. He does a massive frontside flip over a pyramid with a backpack on.

A young Tom Penny shows up at a shop demo for Becker Surf n Skate way back in like 1995, and he's with Chad Muska. The two of them are immediately searching for a place to drink and smoke. They can't do it in front of the security guards and parents in stuffy Orange County, so the only place for them is down the side of this big grassy slope. They had to stash their alcohol and bong in a backpack. Everybody wants Tom to skate but for most of the demo he's just tucked away down the side of this grassy slope just enjoying nature, getting high and drinking beer!

Finally near the end of the demo, someone propped a small spine ramp on top of the pyramid and people were trying to do their enders for the crowd. Tom spontaneously grabs a board and still with his backpack on that he was hiding beers/bong inside, without any warm up, he launches that giant frontside flip over the whole god damned spine. The whole place went apeshit. It was levels above what people were used to seeing. And someone captured that magic moment on video.

Is there more than one Becker than the one in Mission Viejo?

conqueso

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2021, 08:44:17 PM »

bro you should of hit that blunt

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2021, 09:04:06 PM »
I smoked a joint with slash and shuriken Shannon one time. the only weird part was just slash’s mannerisms. very odd...
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2021, 09:07:25 PM »
fuck a joint or a blunt. penny said fuck it and put the zong in his bag. gotta respect it.

free max b
FREE MAX B