Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 75238 times)

Rubbrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »
I was at KTR (Jagger Eaton’s family’s indoor park) like 8 ish years ago. Jagger was there practicing with his skate coach. He was learning a trick down a 5 stair and the coach would throw a gymnastics pad whenever he would bail. Tony Hawk loop style. That’s how champs are made, I guess.

Later on that day, I was just skating around and did a wallie to manny on knee high box with an angled front. He goes behind me and tries the same trick, bails, then sprints back to try it again and again. Lil jagger ass bitch can’t hang. Maybe I should be the one on the Olympic team. Sign me up

Underground City

• Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
On the subject of Penny stories, I got one that ties in with a recent CultOfTom insta post. He does a massive frontside flip over a pyramid with a backpack on.

A young Tom Penny shows up at a shop demo for Becker Surf n Skate way back in like 1995, and he's with Chad Muska. The two of them are immediately searching for a place to drink and smoke. They can't do it in front of the security guards and parents in stuffy Orange County, so the only place for them is down the side of this big grassy slope. They had to stash their alcohol and bong in a backpack. Everybody wants Tom to skate but for most of the demo he's just tucked away down the side of this grassy slope just enjoying nature, getting high and drinking beer!

Finally near the end of the demo, someone propped a small spine ramp on top of the pyramid and people were trying to do their enders for the crowd. Tom spontaneously grabs a board and still with his backpack on that he was hiding beers/bong inside, without any warm up, he launches that giant frontside flip over the whole god damned spine. The whole place went apeshit. It was levels above what people were used to seeing. And someone captured that magic moment on video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLW5335D_e1/
Love me a good Tom Penny story

Underground City

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2021, 09:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Auby Taylor came to orlando for a vert contest thing and fell in love with a 18 year old girl and lived here with her for a month until girl realized he was manipulative and crazy and he had a meltdown when she broke up with him...
[close]
Based on what I've heard this doesn't surprise me unfortunately
[close]

Wasn't he one of the guys exposed by that Instagram account that called out johan stuckey and other pro skaters for me too stuff? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but he did something to some girl in Australia like got her to come to his hotel room and wouldn't let her leave? I'm definitely not remembering the incident correctly but I'm pretty sure he was one of those listed on that Instagram page.
Yeah I think he was on there but I'm not 100%

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:16 PM »
I was working at a skate related streetwear shop in New York called coat of arms And we were hosting a photography show for Al Davis And I was outside the show talking to Fred gall. A few affluent looking drunk dudes cruised by and threw a grocery bag in this dumpster. Freddy sees this go down and says wasted bros always leave the stupidest shit. He then fully jumps in the dumpster and maybe 2 minutes go by and he jumps out with the bag and inside was a sapporo tall can that he precedes to crush immediately. lol

Also I think I have told this story before but Jake Johnson smoked me out at the old quicksilver apartment in Chinatown And he gave me this long extensive anecdote about the Civil War while I was stoned out of my mind. Danny Garcia was playing acoustic in the back after serving us all quinoa which made me feel like my soul was leaving my body

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2021, 10:40:33 PM »
I was working at a skate related streetwear shop in New York called coat of arms And we were hosting a photography show for Al Davis And I was outside the show talking to Fred gall. A few affluent looking drunk dudes cruised by and threw a grocery bag in this dumpster. Freddy sees this go down and says wasted bros always leave the stupidest shit. He then fully jumps in the dumpster and maybe 2 minutes go by and he jumps out with the bag and inside was a sapporo tall can that he precedes to crush immediately. lol

Also I think I have told this story before but Jake Johnson smoked me out at the old quicksilver apartment in Chinatown And he gave me this long extensive anecdote about the Civil War while I was stoned out of my mind. Danny Garcia was playing acoustic in the back after serving us all quinoa which made me feel like my soul was leaving my body
both of these are priceless, but this is very priceless

Schneaumunn

• Rep: 17
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »
Believe it or not...

I was in a house in Carlsbad. My friend who I think is now dead was roommates with Steve Claar. Me and my buddies were there. On acid. In the kitchen was Claar, Blender, and Jason Jessee. They were drinking a handle of Popov and we were in the living room on acid.

Blender comes over to us, knowing we're tripping hard, and just starts telling a tale out of nowhere...

"So this guy is cleaning his house one day. While he's cleaning he notices there's lichen behind the couch. You know, like mold. So he is kind of tripping but he cleans up the lichen and doesn't think too much about it."

"Uh huh"  :o

"Couple months later the phone rings. The lichen is on the phone. THE LICHEN IS ON THE PHONE!"

::)

True story. The next day we went to breakfast at a bar in Blender's Volvo wagon. He was about to pull into a spot and a dude just snakes him. "That's what I like about that guy. He knows where he's going."

The look and feel of hand tooled leather

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2021, 11:04:57 PM »
I was at a premiere and asked Dustin Dollin if baker 4 was gonna be premiered at a venue. He responded by “are you gay”

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2021, 11:26:15 PM »
I was at KTR (Jagger Eaton’s family’s indoor park) like 8 ish years ago. Jagger was there practicing with his skate coach. He was learning a trick down a 5 stair and the coach would throw a gymnastics pad whenever he would bail. Tony Hawk loop style. That’s how champs are made, I guess.

Later on that day, I was just skating around and did a wallie to manny on knee high box with an angled front. He goes behind me and tries the same trick, bails, then sprints back to try it again and again. Lil jagger ass bitch can’t hang. Maybe I should be the one on the Olympic team. Sign me up

I love this one. It confirms all my prejudices.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »
one time i went to grab & go subs on mission gorge road to get a turkey avocado & swiss, and jimmy carlin was inside waiting for his sandwich/order.

they gave him his food, he said thanks, and he left.

he did not dance.

he did not make sound effects with his mouth.

he did not sing.

he did not talk in a funny voice.

it was weird.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2021, 12:10:04 AM »
one time i went to grab & go subs on mission gorge road to get a turkey avocado & swiss, and jimmy carlin was inside waiting for his sandwich/order.

they gave him his food, he said thanks, and he left.

he did not dance.

he did not make sound effects with his mouth.

he did not sing.

he did not talk in a funny voice.

it was weird.

You’re not you when you’re hungry.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:37 AM »
I was at a premiere and asked Dustin Dollin if baker 4 was gonna be premiered at a venue. He responded by asking, “are you a gay bird?”

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:30 AM »
Ben Schroeder pissed all over some skate kids' sofa in Phoenix a couple times.

I think they kicked him out of the apartment after the second time.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:48 AM »
I was at phillipes in LA and AA was getting French dips. I hope he got them double dipped but can’t confirm. He had a big ass bag of food and was solo
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2021, 04:00:36 AM »
Matt Field wandering through a packed crowd at 80s night at Cat Club in SF when i first moved there in 02.  He was grabbing girls asses when they weren't looking.  Naive me thought pros were like how they were represented in magazines, and I thought he was an honest peace loving hippie.  Kinda ruined my vibe for the night.

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2021, 04:06:02 AM »
Jaws was messaging some dudes girlfriend in my hometown and basically being a predator. Sending a bunch of weird nudes and cringey pics. Never seen the pics

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2021, 05:06:49 AM »
Jaws was messaging some dudes girlfriend in my hometown and basically being a predator. Sending a bunch of weird nudes and cringey pics. Never seen the pics

Clearly you need to get the pics for this sub

cky enthusiast

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2021, 05:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
In 1987, when they did the skate camps here (each week, a list of different pros), my best bud's hero was Steve Caballero. We were 11 years old and only about 9 months into skateboarding. Anywho.. I believe it was around the 4th week of the camp and Cab was one of the pros. As soon as he got out of the car, my older friend Dave (13) was all "Cab, can you sign this kid's board", and he signed mine first. I thought that was neat. My best friend was up there every day to watch his hero slay the halfpipe. Well, his oldest sister (a big Cure/Siouxsie & the Banshees style girl. The 80's punk/goth look) apparently was also watching the pros. We had a few older "skate betties" here.

When Saturday rolled around, I had spent the previous night at my friend's house. We were in the kitchen eating leftover Domino's for breakfast and a car full of dudes showed up. Caballero (I want to say Lucero was there, but could be way off on that one, do not remember the rest) was in the car and they were picking up my boy's oldest sister and friend. Word around town is that she got Full Cab'ed that night. Me, being the horrible 11 year old friend that I was, could not stop asking my friend: "Dude, is that weird that your hero banged your sister?". He never actually answered me, so I took that as a "yes". Also, Cab gave me an Odd Man Out (his band after the Faction in the 80's) sticker, which I still have.
[close]
I wonder what the skate Betty's  that got mctwisted/airwalked/full cabbed in the 80s are doing today.

i lived with one in SF, she was GNARLY (in a good way)

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2021, 05:51:18 AM »
Sean Malto was my best friend in 4th grade in Leavenworth KS. He was actually into rollerblades when I met him haha... We started skating together and he immediately surpassed me, even though I had been skating for a year or two before him. I remember the day he learned kickflips. Some older kid told him that next he should learn to heelflip. Sean didn’t know what it was and asked the guy to explain the heelflip. So he did, and no fucking joke he tried and immediately landed it. First fucking try. I should have known right then man...

We both had military parents and I moved away after a year in Leavenworth, but it’s been awesome to watch him progress so much over the years. I should try to catch up with him sometime. He’s probably a little too big to contact easily.

I had a friend who was just like that.

I started skating one year before him and could do some kickflips, boardslide, noseslide, heelflips, shuvs etc. Just the basic stuff any normal kid would do in early 00s.

So he starts skating and learns 180s both ways in a week. And then kickflips. One day I landed a heelflip and he was like "so you kick the other way?". And boom - landed. First time he had seen the trick and first time he tried.

A couple days later we were skating a ledge - it was his first time. What did he do? 50-50 and tailslide - first fucking try.

It was then that I saw how much I had no skills. Once time I traveled with my parents and was out of my town for a week. I go back to the streets and what is the fucker doing? Lipslides, bs/fs crooks, fs/overcrooks and noseslides on a handrail his father made.

I quit after that for some long years. He went on in a contest and got 6th place - landed a noseslide in a massive downward ledge he had never skated. A couple months later he also quit - apparently he lost all interest in skateboarding. Sometimes I wonder how far he would have gotten.

Yes, not a weird story about a pro, just a story about some no talented random guy.

InkkeACAB

• Rep: -8
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2021, 05:54:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One time when I was visiting my girl at the time in New York, I could've sworn to god that I saw Aaron Suski at Laguardia.  I was 17 or 18 at the time and too scared to say hi.

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL deal with Pontus Alv is?  Like, did he get deported or something?  Just wondering how he ended up in a mansion in Portugal?  It's pretty clear that he kills it business-wise, with Polar soft goods selling like hot cakes, and now Last Resort AB.  I feel like there's a mystery behind it or something.
[close]

Why wouldn't you want to live in Portugal ?

He said he wanted to live beside the production of goods.

Plus it's cheap, european, amazing lifestyle, food, weather and best of all full of spots.

I'd do it if it could
[close]

Absolutely agree with all of this.  I just remembered hearing that there were circumstances around him leaving Malmo, but I can't remember what exactly happened.
[close]

Are there any good interviews with Pontus? He seems to have really good business sense, and is doing it the right way. I wanna know more about the guy.

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/09/18/putting-footwear-back-hands-skaters-pontus-alv/

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2021, 05:59:12 AM »
My friend told me to come to this party one time saying a few of my friends were there. I had to skate a few miles in the southern summer evening so by the time I rolled up I was nice and sweaty. I walk in and the first person I see is Dollin, who walks up to me and starts wiping the sweat off my face with his shirt. I can't remember what he said because I was stoned and fully star struck. I don't know why my friend said some of my high school friends were there rather than telling me the volcom team was there haha
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2021, 06:23:48 AM »
Not really weird but I went to a house party in echo park like 2010ish and seen Shane O’Neil there (almost days). Party was wild girls booze etc but Shane proceeded to play street fighter for like 6 hours straight drank Coca-Colas then went home not too much interaction. I guess It explains why he’s so good now

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2021, 06:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Clearly you need to get the pics for this sub

I shudder to think what the rest of him looks like underneath those clothes

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -345
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2021, 08:13:20 AM »
grew up in Riverside CA. I remember after some shop demo Billy Marks accompanied by two groupie chick's was selling product out of a backpack. I bought a pair of rusty jeans for $20 that were absolutely fire. They were the arto saari sig ones.

Unless you were 11, those pants fitting is the weirdest thing in this thread.

Underground City

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2021, 09:11:39 AM »

Sounds fantastic

Underground City

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2021, 09:12:46 AM »
I was at a premiere and asked Dustin Dollin if baker 4 was gonna be premiered at a venue. He responded by “are you gay”
Classic Dollin quote

Underground City

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2021, 09:14:53 AM »
Ben Schroeder pissed all over some skate kids' sofa in Phoenix a couple times.

I think they kicked him out of the apartment after the second time.
I love that they let him return after pissing their sofa

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
Went up the DC for the Emerica/Lakai Stay Flared demo that was happening at the Malloof park in 2015, so before the demo me and my homie heard that the whole Stay Flared crew was doing a signing at the Palace Five skate shop so we head there and pulling up to the shop we see that the signing had just ended and most of the pros were standing outside the shop getting ready to load back up in the van, Reynolds, Spanky, Westgate, Carrol, Jerry Hsu, Romero were just some of the heads standing around on the side walk, out of nowhere this homeless woman with a shopping cart full of random stuff just walks thru the crowd of pros and immediately starts screaming at them in a belligerent fashion, at one point i think she was spitting at them and I remember the look on all the pros they were just like yeah this lady is fucking crazy lets get outta here. I was stoked i got to meet Reynolds right before the screaming hobo broke up the scene. Not really that crazy of a story but definitely weird. The Stay Flared crew proceeded to Pulaski to skate for a while before heading to Maloof for the demo which was a sick one to witness live.

Underground City

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Sean Malto was my best friend in 4th grade in Leavenworth KS. He was actually into rollerblades when I met him haha... We started skating together and he immediately surpassed me, even though I had been skating for a year or two before him. I remember the day he learned kickflips. Some older kid told him that next he should learn to heelflip. Sean didn’t know what it was and asked the guy to explain the heelflip. So he did, and no fucking joke he tried and immediately landed it. First fucking try. I should have known right then man...

We both had military parents and I moved away after a year in Leavenworth, but it’s been awesome to watch him progress so much over the years. I should try to catch up with him sometime. He’s probably a little too big to contact easily.
[close]

I had a friend who was just like that.

I started skating one year before him and could do some kickflips, boardslide, noseslide, heelflips, shuvs etc. Just the basic stuff any normal kid would do in early 00s.

So he starts skating and learns 180s both ways in a week. And then kickflips. One day I landed a heelflip and he was like "so you kick the other way?". And boom - landed. First time he had seen the trick and first time he tried.

A couple days later we were skating a ledge - it was his first time. What did he do? 50-50 and tailslide - first fucking try.

It was then that I saw how much I had no skills. Once time I traveled with my parents and was out of my town for a week. I go back to the streets and what is the fucker doing? Lipslides, bs/fs crooks, fs/overcrooks and noseslides on a handrail his father made.

I quit after that for some long years. He went on in a contest and got 6th place - landed a noseslide in a massive downward ledge he had never skated. A couple months later he also quit - apparently he lost all interest in skateboarding. Sometimes I wonder how far he would have gotten.

Yes, not a weird story about a pro, just a story about some no talented random guy.

Everybody knows someone in their hometown like this

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2021, 09:39:52 AM »
~1998, Bam, Dollin, can't remember who else...Volcom tour that included one of the bands on their label, The Line. They came through Oklahoma City, and I don't remember if there was a demo anywhere but my friend Gabe had a nice mini-ramp and they all came over to skate it.

Dollin was wearing track pants and Bam was sponsored by Nike before they did any of the SB stuff. They both shredded the mini ramp.

Bam showed us an unlabeled VHS of some antics that wound up being some of the stuff from Jump Off A Building and the Landspeed/CKY videos.

I was 19 and lived with two girls in a house that we hosted punk shows at sometimes. After the mini-ramp sesh the whole crew came to our house and The Line played in our living room while Dollin, Bam, and I think Lance Dawes(?) fucked around doing their best pro-wrestling moves in the next room. Dollin was extremely obnoxious as usual.

Can't remember if it was the next day or what but we took them around to some street spots and Dollin skated everything and ripped.

On a side note, I saw DD at Nuges house a couple years ago and brought it up to him like the dork that I am. He just kinda vaguely acknowledged it but I'm not sure he remembers.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:53 AM »
~1998, Bam, Dollin, can't remember who else...Volcom tour that included one of the bands on their label, The Line. They came through Oklahoma City, and I don't remember if there was a demo anywhere but my friend Gabe had a nice mini-ramp and they all came over to skate it.

Dollin was wearing track pants and Bam was sponsored by Nike before they did any of the SB stuff. They both shredded the mini ramp.

Bam showed us an unlabeled VHS of some antics that wound up being some of the stuff from Jump Off A Building and the Landspeed/CKY videos.

I was 19 and lived with two girls in a house that we hosted punk shows at sometimes. After the mini-ramp sesh the whole crew came to our house and The Line played in our living room while Dollin, Bam, and I think Lance Dawes(?) fucked around doing their best pro-wrestling moves in the next room. Dollin was extremely obnoxious as usual.

Can't remember if it was the next day or what but we took them around to some street spots and Dollin skated everything and ripped.

On a side note, I saw DD at Nuges house a couple years ago and brought it up to him like the dork that I am. He just kinda vaguely acknowledged it but I'm not sure he remembers.

What's Nuge like ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in