Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 75445 times)

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
The Brent Atchley parody made me spit coffee

I hope someone posts that up. If I didn’t know any better I woulda thought that was him

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »
skating a blacktop parking lot with BA one time.

He stops after a couple tre flips and picks his board up and looks at me.

"we cant skate this blacktop!..."

I asked him why and he responded with, "Elissa always says if you skate blacktop it gives your wheels the black plague and you know what the black plague turns into? ....yellow fever! I hate yellow wheels!!"

and skated away.

he broke 3 custom gonz shaped boards that day doing flatground tre flips

I think about this story every time Im skating black top which we can all agree sucks ass

Sunlight turns your wheels yellow overtime, not black top... Funny enough he rides Spitfires which are prime examples of this phenomenon. BA and Elissa of logic.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2021, 01:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote

I asked him why and he responded with, "Elissa always says if you skate blacktop it gives your wheels the black plague and you know what the black plague turns into? ....yellow fever! I hate yellow wheels!!"

and skated away.

I think about this story every time Im skating black top which we can all agree sucks ass
[close]

Sunlight turns your wheels yellow overtime, not black top... Funny enough he rides Spitfires which are prime examples of this phenomenon. BA and Elissa of logic.

I forget where, but he said in some interview that he rides Spitfire classic formulas and not F4s, which he referred to with a light touch of disdain as "the yellow ones."

swishfrontblunt

« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2021, 01:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hope someone posts that up. If I didn’t know any better I woulda thought that was him

Even the random kid on youtube does a better Brent Atchley impression than modern day Brent Atchley

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2021, 01:52:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He kept one of my friends back, the one who invited us and was told to “Bring Chicks”, and proceeded to give a lap dance. We watched through the curtains until Heath stared at us and closed them so quick. We hung out in the hall way for a while after that.

[close]
Wait, I thought Heath gave the kid a lap dance?? Regardless this is weird and I would have watched through the curtain, too.

Yo did one of your homies give heath a fucking lap dance??
[close]

It would straight up not surprise me if Heath was gay. One time I was at an industry event in ghost mode, and so was Heath. I swear to god either Heath  noticed me being out of place where I was, or he was checking me out. To this day, I’ve always pondered if it was the latter, and tbh if Kirchart checked me out that’s a hell of a compliment.
[close]
[close]
always thought heath was gay, bi or maybe just asexual. he always gave off aspergers vibes, too. all these stories about him weirdly lurking spots, having mad ocd when it comes to filming, and the crazy shit he does all of a sudden when he shot the shit with people make it seem even more so. this would also explain the gaze and him sometimes just staring down people.

anyways, he always had this almost asexual aura to me. i'm on that bi/grey/demi spectrum and the weird party stories about heath remind me of shit i would do at parties while others were flirting and trying to hook up. basically disrupt the whole shit because i found it boring and couldn't relate to putting that much energy into getting laid.

i'm probably wrong, but it's funny others feel the same. the heath gay rumor isn't that new anyways. people were suggesting this way back. i think i saw one pic of heath with what looked like it could be a girlfriend, but could have just been a friend. also bar black is in a gay neighborhood? not saying heath is this or that, but it's a hell lot of coincidences so i can see where the speculation comes from.
[close]

Fellas, is it gay to look for skate spots in my town?

Spots - Pole jamz gay, gaps straight (but could be bi)

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Even the random kid on youtube does a better Brent Atchley impression than modern day Brent Atchley

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2021, 03:41:35 PM »
Fuck, that’s perfect.

Brguy

« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
Growing up in Oregon my pro encounters were limited.. One time living in NW Portland I decided to cross the river and check out Burnside and some spots on the waterfront. I'm a few blocks out from the Burnside bridge on an empty industrial street when I notice another dude by himself skating towards me. I can tell from a distance the guy is extra juicy, bringing his leg up super high when he pushes, even stalling his push sometimes, hands doing interesting things, big ass black hoody on over some swagged out denim with that wierd ex-con looking rubber band trick that turns baggy pants into joggers, all tucked into some hightop dunks. It's not until he's about 10 feet away that I realize he's my then favorite skater, Brent Atchley. I give him my best Heath nod and maybe a timid wave as he passed, but I swear the dude just shook his head at me in disgust and kept high pushing. Maybe let out a "phhh" kinda noise. This is prime long hair Brent Atchley, when he was still on Element but Nike SB wasn't even a thing really.. hard to see a dude you look up to in the wild and they just diss you because they're so full of themselves / whatever.. I think I took a break from skating for a year or two after that, not necessarily because of this encounter but sub-conciously realizing your hero is a scrub could have had something to do with it.. Meanwhile Brent faded into a Penny-esque obscurity, and by the time I started skating again the dude had re-emerged full Urban Outfitters, with the poofy Cody Mac haircut and still somehow saggin skin tight white jeans, neon Element Footwear slip ons and push broom mustache w/ short shorts. His high push and pigeon toe stance looks forced as fuck now. Poor dude comes off more confused and insecure now then I was right after he dissed me, karma a bitch sometimes..
You definitely went down to his level being this happy that he's not the best version of himself possible.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2021, 09:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

and skated away.

[close]

[close]

I forget where, but he said in some interview that he rides Spitfire classic formulas and not F4s, which he referred to with a light touch of disdain as "the yellow ones."

That's too funny. I prefer the classic formula but I don't mind the yellowing effect since it's always been that way.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:19 PM »
Growing up in Oregon my pro encounters were limited.. One time living in NW Portland I decided to cross the river and check out Burnside and some spots on the waterfront. I'm a few blocks out from the Burnside bridge on an empty industrial street when I notice another dude by himself skating towards me. I can tell from a distance the guy is extra juicy, bringing his leg up super high when he pushes, even stalling his push sometimes, hands doing interesting things, big ass black hoody on over some swagged out denim with that wierd ex-con looking rubber band trick that turns baggy pants into joggers, all tucked into some hightop dunks. It's not until he's about 10 feet away that I realize he's my then favorite skater, Brent Atchley. I give him my best Heath nod and maybe a timid wave as he passed, but I swear the dude just shook his head at me in disgust and kept high pushing. Maybe let out a "phhh" kinda noise. This is prime long hair Brent Atchley, when he was still on Element but Nike SB wasn't even a thing really.. hard to see a dude you look up to in the wild and they just diss you because they're so full of themselves / whatever.. I think I took a break from skating for a year or two after that, not necessarily because of this encounter but sub-conciously realizing your hero is a scrub could have had something to do with it.. Meanwhile Brent faded into a Penny-esque obscurity, and by the time I started skating again the dude had re-emerged full Urban Outfitters, with the poofy Cody Mac haircut and still somehow saggin skin tight white jeans, neon Element Footwear slip ons and push broom mustache w/ short shorts. His high push and pigeon toe stance looks forced as fuck now. Poor dude comes off more confused and insecure now then I was right after he dissed me, karma a bitch sometimes..
I moved to Portland in 2003 when I was 19. I didn’t know anyone here so I’d spend a lot of time at burnside, usually in the mornings as I worked evenings at the time. He was one of the first people I met in town and was always super friendly to me. One weekend I decided to show up in the evening and “party”. All the locals were there and I went up to him to say what’s up and he cool guyed the fuck out of me, like fully turned his back and no response. Wouldn’t acknowledge me after that unless to clown me.

scary

• Rep: -7
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:53 AM »
Shane Allen (sector 9/poolfiend) had a mean steak at our local where he would throw little kids’ (sub 13 years old) scooters over the park fence and call the cops on them for riding. Would throw absolute tantrums and threaten everyone then call the cops. I have a hundred stories but I know that guy lurks his name pretty heavy and don’t wanna get my friends in any more drama with a grown ass man.

Best story was when a local shop posted a picture of bikers in the park and shane commented something like “i hate how shitty my park has become, i remember since 2010 having to throw scooterers bikers druggies and mexicans out of the park” .

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2021, 02:35:02 AM »
It was maybe 2004 and I was lucky enough to be in Barcelona, skating at Paral-lel when a bunch of Lakai guys showed up. I skated a ledge with JB Gillet who was rad and incredibly patient, while Biebel was trying pop-shuvs over one of the benches. The stand out memory for me was of Marc Johnson, who had a bandaged hand and didn't skate for a single second- he plopped himself on the main manny pad and did nothing but drink beer, eat chicken and catcall the others.

Halcyon days indeed.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2021, 03:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
One time when I was visiting my girl at the time in New York, I could've sworn to god that I saw Aaron Suski at Laguardia.  I was 17 or 18 at the time and too scared to say hi.

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL deal with Pontus Alv is?  Like, did he get deported or something?  Just wondering how he ended up in a mansion in Portugal?  It's pretty clear that he kills it business-wise, with Polar soft goods selling like hot cakes, and now Last Resort AB.  I feel like there's a mystery behind it or something.
[close]

It’s cheaper to live in Portugal than most would think. Definitely cheaper than Sweden.  I think people from the USA or Canada  would be shocked at some of the prices. You can’t even live in Minnesota for Portugal prices. When you look online you just see the turnkey vacation homes for rich finance type guys. Those are expensive, but the fixer uppers type property and stuff for “locals” are extremely cheap.  And if you’re an eu resident it’s pretty easy logistically to move anywhere else in the eu. Finally Portugal is where soft goods are made in the eu so he probably wanted to be near his production line.

Portugal kinda got fucked in the financial crisis back in 2007. Surprisingly, despite how beautiful and ornate most of the architecture is in central Porto (where Pontus lives) about 20% of the buildings are abandoned and are falling into disrepair. There's probably other reasons that added to it but yeah, at least that was the case when I lived there in 2015. It's a shame as well, most of the places you'd think would be listed buildings in other countries.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2021, 03:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One time when I was visiting my girl at the time in New York, I could've sworn to god that I saw Aaron Suski at Laguardia.  I was 17 or 18 at the time and too scared to say hi.

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL deal with Pontus Alv is?  Like, did he get deported or something?  Just wondering how he ended up in a mansion in Portugal?  It's pretty clear that he kills it business-wise, with Polar soft goods selling like hot cakes, and now Last Resort AB.  I feel like there's a mystery behind it or something.
[close]

It’s cheaper to live in Portugal than most would think. Definitely cheaper than Sweden.  I think people from the USA or Canada  would be shocked at some of the prices. You can’t even live in Minnesota for Portugal prices. When you look online you just see the turnkey vacation homes for rich finance type guys. Those are expensive, but the fixer uppers type property and stuff for “locals” are extremely cheap.  And if you’re an eu resident it’s pretty easy logistically to move anywhere else in the eu. Finally Portugal is where soft goods are made in the eu so he probably wanted to be near his production line.
[close]

Portugal kinda got fucked in the financial crisis back in 2007. Surprisingly, despite how beautiful and ornate most of the architecture is in central Porto (where Pontus lives) about 20% of the buildings are abandoned and are falling into disrepair. There's probably other reasons that added to it but yeah, at least that was the case when I lived there in 2015. It's a shame as well, most of the places you'd think would be listed buildings in other countries.

What's it like to skate?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2021, 03:48:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What's it like to skate?

Hella cobble stone ground in the old town/main tourist kinda parts but some interesting stuff to skate outside of that in the newer built areas for sure. Definitely a great place to take a girl to though

BieberStance

• Rep: -16
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2021, 03:59:54 AM »
i played jerry hsu in a game of skate once like 15 years ago.
he gave me two letters instantly and bailed the next trick. it was then my turn again and i did a nollie kickflip (i just learned that month). he landed primo and then directly on his tailbone and was like "fuck, you won!" and left.
The whole encounter lasted for like 5 min and had like 20 spectators.
(between my friends i was then considered the guy that won skate against jerry hsu for a while, but thats not the story).

nothing too weird happened but it was all in all a super awkward situation for everyone involved.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2021, 04:25:31 AM »
Brent is a G

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2021, 05:55:12 AM »
I have to say, hearing all of these negative words spoken against Brent has been very distressing for me.

sketchyrider

« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2021, 05:58:16 AM »

Jeremy Klein really did eat at hooters every day for like a decade and a half

praying the gay away.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2021, 06:55:29 AM »
A lot of made up Brent Atchley stories on here. They fail to mention the other good skaters at burnside are violent criminals who have nazi neck tattoos and live in their van. So the creative emo kook skaters up there are scared of those guys and just assume Brent is going to be friends with them because he’s a little fancy and special too. But like most skaters (and dudes in general) he’s just like uhhh dude I don’t know you. Then these sensitive fellas get upset because he spurned their advances and start to talk shit about their former hero. It’s skate love/hate story most similar to when pops went from tech-fresh to wearing dickies and making stools.

i dont think brent was ever anyone's hero, brent.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2021, 07:26:36 AM »
Shane Allen (sector 9/poolfiend) had a mean steak at our local where he would throw little kids’ (sub 13 years old) scooters over the park fence and call the cops on them for riding. Would throw absolute tantrums and threaten everyone then call the cops. I have a hundred stories but I know that guy lurks his name pretty heavy and don’t wanna get my friends in any more drama with a grown ass man.

Best story was when a local shop posted a picture of bikers in the park and shane commented something like “i hate how shitty my park has become, i remember since 2010 having to throw scooterers bikers druggies and mexicans out of the park” .

Fuckin Shane

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2021, 09:49:38 AM »
A lot of made up Brent Atchley stories on here. They fail to mention the other good skaters at burnside are violent criminals who have nazi neck tattoos and live in their van. So the creative emo kook skaters up there are scared of those guys and just assume Brent is going to be friends with them because he’s a little fancy and special too. But like most skaters (and dudes in general) he’s just like uhhh dude I don’t know you. Then these sensitive fellas get upset because he spurned their advances and start to talk shit about their former hero. It’s skate love/hate story most similar to when pops went from tech-fresh to wearing dickies and making stools.

Yes, I'm sure those stories are just made up. Maybe you're just a dick, Brent. They fail to mention the other good skaters, that are apparently violent nazi criminals, at Burnside because this isn't the "weird stories about Burnside locals" thread. I like that "creative" is part of the "emo kook skater" diss. Fucking creative people man, they're the worst eh? And to be fair to the one story, the dude said him and you were friendly and said what up to each other regularly before you cool-guyed him in front of all of your violent criminal Nazi friends.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2021, 11:46:30 AM »
once i was carrying my board out of a cafe right next to mccarren park in brooklyn, and a car drove by with fred gall hanging out the passenger side window. he yelled "keep skating nigga!" as they sped away

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2021, 01:18:26 PM »
once i was carrying my board out of a cafe right next to mccarren park in brooklyn, and a car drove by with fred gall hanging out the passenger side window. he yelled "keep skating nigga!" as they sped away

The thread isn't titled 'legendary stories about pros'

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2021, 01:26:57 PM »

stuff like this is the reason I’ve been on SLAP for 13 years.
☠️
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2021, 01:41:56 PM »
Like 10 years ago at Macba all of a sudden Penny walks there, with fresh board and some griptape on his hands and a shoebox, where pulls out fresh trucks and wheels and shit and I was like, gonna see Penny skate there today but nope, he hustled all that shit in like 5mins and went straight to coffee shop across the road. Didn’t had that argentinian lady with him that time, seen him so many times in bcn and they’re always together.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

4wheeldrive

• Rep: 2
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »
I was in my highschool ceramics class and seen Geoff Rowley outside in the hallway. I went out there and followed him around... all star struck... I said something like "ur Geoff Rowley what are you doing here?" He made the shush finger to the lips gesture and started whispering about roof gaps in his accent.
Anyway, sit back, relax, open up a tasty beverage, and enjoy our feature presentation.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2021, 04:47:38 AM »
Seen Penny in south bank 02’ or 03’ super fucked up he was kinda hobbling about busts a huge hardflip then sits down and barfs up like a few beers worth and proceeds to pass out.
Dueces Bitch's

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2021, 06:09:37 AM »
Seen Penny in south bank 02’ or 03’ super fucked up he was kinda hobbling about busts a huge hardflip then sits down and barfs up like a few beers worth and proceeds to pass out.

Haha, nice to know I'm not the only one that was there to witness his greatness. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2021, 06:23:24 AM »

You need some sort of trophy for this one. Bronzed car with Gall hanging out of it with a talk bubble. And yourself skating to the side.