Author Topic: The funniest mistake that an online shop made when they mistaken your order  (Read 2847 times)

chrisskates808

I remember years ago, I ordered 2 wheels. They sent the correct size, model, and duro but they sent the wrong colors. I ended up liking it anyways to try something different.

Also ordered some hardware items and they sent me a brand new deck.

offkilter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
A few nights ago I ordered three slices of pizza and they delivered three whole pizzas. I really needed this.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Once ordered a tshirt from a niche independent brand i wanted to support, hoping it was printed on AAA, turned up and it was some other cheap nasty thing that fit horribly. A few months later they post a new design and i can see from the pictures that it's on AAA so i order immediately, but they had already run out so they just sent me a different tee. The same, cheap nasty thing i already had and didn't want.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

z_tx

• Rep: 26
order 2 pairs of 34x32  levi's skateboarding cargos and received 2 pairs of 46x32 denim

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
Ordered a 8" deck last summer from a shop. They sent me 2 decks, one a different brand but still an 8" that I didn't order. I told them about it and they said thanks, send it back and we'll give you some stickers... kinda lame but I was like, ok cool, send me the postage stamp and I'll get it right back. Turns out the postage was addressed wrong, and the board got a return to sender back to me. I just kept it... figured ah, they fucked up enough for me to justify skating this now... was a pretty good deck too. Ended up ordering the same deck from them after so it's kind of a wash for the shop.

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
ordered pants. 32x32. pants arrive. they are tagged interior tag and exterior sticker as 32x32 but they seem long at a glance. Put them on and the waist fits but they are like 32x42 they completely go over my feet and then a few inches. I guess they didnt cut them or something idk

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Not skate related but my wife ordered an office chair and complained that two screws were missing. Instead of sending replacement screws they shipped her two additional chairs lol.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
I just ordered a shop deck from Orchard and they accidentally sent me two pairs of ace pivot cups
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

chrisskates808

I just ordered a shop deck from Orchard and they accidentally sent me two pairs of ace pivot cups

PM!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
I forget the shop but they folded my mob grip up; I opened the box and saw the mob grip just folded in half on my board. Y’all already know what happens when you fold mob, got the worst white crack line ever. Not so much funny as it is just pure sad.

chrisskates808

Re: The funniest mistake that an online shop made when they mistaken your order
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
I forget the shop but they folded my mob grip up; I opened the box and saw the mob grip just folded in half on my board. Y’all already know what happens when you fold mob, got the worst white crack line ever. Not so much funny as it is just pure sad.

smh who would fold it

GinosGroceries

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »

Similar thing here. Sister bought me a board and had it pregripped. The grip had a crease in it. Like a comically huge crease. I tried to make it sit flat but no luck. They sent a new sheet but they folded it. They owned up to the mistake and sent another sheet in a tube. Same shop once sent me a set of Indy bearings but one was missing. They sent another set. This shop always makes it right so any mistake they make doesn’t bum me out.

Now that I’m older I probably would have just cut the crease out of the grip and called it a day but I kinda had a perfect grip ocd thing going on.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
Pre-pandemic. Ordered a button up and pants from a skate brand. Got the confirmation email and shipping email. Cool. Two weeks pass, nothing. They ship from a city that's about two hours away and every package has always arrived within three to four days. I tracked the package a few times and it said it was never scanned or shipped, something like that. I contact their customer service. Friendly, on point, girl told me they would send a new package and ship next day air for free. Very cool. I don't know how but somehow original package and new next day air package arrived on same day, both tagged as next day air. I felt bad since I support this brand and girl had been super nice about it. I called them up, they were closed for the weekend. Sent an email, nothing. Sent a follow up email, nothing. Oh well, now I have two of the exact same shirt and pants.

Ok, adding a second one since I totally forgot about this one and it's somewhat funny.

A few years ago, I ordered Misled Youth and Thrill Of it All VHS (nostalgia, let me be) from a dude who sells skate videos on Ebay. Package arrives and it's Ghostbuster I and II. Stoked but it's not what I ordered. Contacted seller and he apologized and immediately sent the correct package. Told me to keep the Ghostbusters tapes. A few days later, I found my original VHS tapes of the videos I thought I had lost. It is what it is.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »
Posted this before. Two different sized Rowan's a few months ago. Confusing and disappointing considering they didn't have another pair in stock.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526

Update: Orchard kicks ass and sorted everything out. Armin is a great dude
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
It’s not a shop error, but this happened today.  I was having meals sent to me and somehow I got a box from Home Depot sent to me instead with a truck hitch, a combo box of Ryobi power tools including a circular saw, and a big set of ryobi drill bits.  No packing slip inside and my label was slapped on top of the original one so there’s no way to get it back to the original.  Contacted the company and was told to just keep it bc no one was coming to pick it up

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
ordered trucks from an online shop, they send me 2 trucks of different models LMAO, like a pair with 1 each different truck, was not a big deal tho, I'm pretty chill, they have me free griptape and a t shirt as "sorry", I had to send back the trucks to them so they could send the right package

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
First pro complete I ever ordered maybe ‘99 or so. I ordered the red hanger Mercury trucks, they sent me red baseplate fury trucks.

DiggyDon

• Rep: 11
I ordered some sz10 Reebok Club C’s from one of those normie webstores (urban outfitters or someshit).

When the box arrived I was gutted to find a size 16 pair of pink sandal/sneaker hybrids: the weirdest shoe I have ever seen.

My GF still pisses herself laughing whenever she thinks about it

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

smh who would fold it

That's happened to me as well.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

mattdlx

• Rep: 165

Update: Orchard kicks ass and sorted everything out. Armin is a great dude

Just posting to cosign how rad Orchard/Armin is.
SPB!

Masshole

• Rep: 23
Worst online order error I ever had was getting two left sk8 his, they refunded me and told me to keep them but what was I supposed to do? They sat in my closet for years till I got rid of them.

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

smh who would fold it
[close]

That's happened to me as well.
Ditto
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Ordered an 8.25 scumco, received a 10ish inch shaped creature board with a dead mummy graphic. Shoulda just said fuckit and skated it lol

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Expand Quote
[close]

smh who would fold it

Someone who rides Jessup.

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
Prior to online orders, we had mail orders. I ordered some White and Red, Etnies MC Raps, from a mail order ad in a thrasher. I was 13 or 14 so this would’ve been 94/95ish. When they showed up, they were the all black color way instead. No big deal right? Should be an easy fix for a mistake on their end. I call up and explain my situation, expecting an empathetic reply. To my surprise I was asked why I couldn’t just keep the ones I got. I explained it wasn’t what I ordered and that they looked like the shoes all the vatos were wearing at my school. Instead of offering to send me the correct color way, I was told to “quit being a pussy faggot” and was hung up on. Luckily it was a going out of business sale and they were only $25. Being the shy, quiet 13/14 yr old that I was...I stopped being a pussy and kept the all black MC Raps. 

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Prior to online orders, we had mail orders. I ordered some White and Red, Etnies MC Raps, from a mail order ad in a thrasher. I was 13 or 14 so this would’ve been 94/95ish. When they showed up, they were the all black color way instead. No big deal right? Should be an easy fix for a mistake on their end. I call up and explain my situation, expecting an empathetic reply. To my surprise I was asked why I couldn’t just keep the ones I got. I explained it wasn’t what I ordered and that they looked like the shoes all the vatos were wearing at my school. Instead of offering to send me the correct color way, I was told to “quit being a pussy faggot” and was hung up on. Luckily it was a going out of business sale and they were only $25. Being the shy, quiet 13/14 yr old that I was...I stopped being a pussy and kept the all black MC Raps.

I used to order those all the time being so cheap! Think it was called SSBS. So as a grom I always thought the MC had something to do with being the full grain leather version but later I learned that it just meant multi colored. So the pair you got was just a normal pair of all black suede raps? Or did they come in that leather black combo? I got used to skating the leather at the time and the odd pinkish stains it would leave on your grip

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to order those all the time being so cheap! Think it was called SSBS. So as a grom I always thought the MC had something to do with being the full grain leather version but later I learned that it just meant multi colored. So the pair you got was just a normal pair of all black suede raps? Or did they come in that leather black combo? I got used to skating the leather at the time and the odd pinkish stains it would leave on your grip

I ended up with an all black leather pair. Ordered and paid for the Chicago bulls color way (well that’s what I called them). I ended up getting multiple pairs of the correct color way later that year. I kept one pair all the way into my mid 20’s. Loved that shoe. Anyways, I learned real quick that ordering from skate shops was an interesting experience.

chrisskates808

Pre-pandemic. Ordered a button up and pants from a skate brand. Got the confirmation email and shipping email. Cool. Two weeks pass, nothing. They ship from a city that's about two hours away and every package has always arrived within three to four days. I tracked the package a few times and it said it was never scanned or shipped, something like that. I contact their customer service. Friendly, on point, girl told me they would send a new package and ship next day air for free. Very cool. I don't know how but somehow original package and new next day air package arrived on same day, both tagged as next day air. I felt bad since I support this brand and girl had been super nice about it. I called them up, they were closed for the weekend. Sent an email, nothing. Sent a follow up email, nothing. Oh well, now I have two of the exact same shirt and pants.

Ok, adding a second one since I totally forgot about this one and it's somewhat funny.

A few years ago, I ordered Misled Youth and Thrill Of it All VHS (nostalgia, let me be) from a dude who sells skate videos on Ebay. Package arrives and it's Ghostbuster I and II. Stoked but it's not what I ordered. Contacted seller and he apologized and immediately sent the correct package. Told me to keep the Ghostbusters tapes. A few days later, I found my original VHS tapes of the videos I thought I had lost. It is what it is.

I've heard a few similar stories where the first package got "lost". Then when the second package gets sent out, the first one comes in.

Goggzy60

• Rep: 6
Longtime lurker first time poster.

Years ago ordered some Reynolds I think 3’s and a pair of Leo’s shoes too.

Got a T Shirt (2 sizes too big) and a pair of size like 8 (I was a 11 at the time) Spanky’s shoes or something maybe Hsu’s shoes can’t remember what they were but we’re definitely Emerica’s still.

After contacting customer support had to return the stuff and get a refund. They didn’t have my sizes so I couldn’t get the shoes I wanted first and last time I ever bought from this shop (well known uk based)