Author Topic: The funniest mistake that an online shop made when they mistaken your order  (Read 2852 times)

Scott Chegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
I bought some size 28 polar 93 denim and they sent me some size 36 denim.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071

what's the problem? sounds like they sent you the right size

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
    • Fotos avatar image
Not really funny, but really great: skatewarehouse forgot to charge me for my order twice. The first time I didn‘t say anything and i was just happy to get a free box. The second time on the next order I felt kinda bad and I told them they hadn‘t charged me. They thanked me and gave me a nice discount on the order. Must be kind of a chaotic operation they are running.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
ya boo was waiting on a pair of shoes and there sent only one in the box.

i was cracking up.

they sent the left shoe by itself a few days after

11/10

sorry

• Rep: -14
I got an email on Jan 15th this year saying "Your subscription to Thrasher has now been processed and you should expected your first issue to be April 2021 which you should receive in March"

Mind you, I didnt order shit.

I had a subscription that ended at the beginning of 2019, around the time Phelps died, and no renewal / new order from then.

Also the email address is legit...they likely fucked something up, but Im waiting if it really does arrive in march, if so then I will hit them up.

I also find it weird that if an order is placed in January, you have to wait 2 months for the first issue to arrive? I dont remember it being that late when I ordered in 2018

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
gripping my 98 dollar bruce lee dgk holigram wall hanger

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
I got an email on Jan 15th this year saying "Your subscription to Thrasher has now been processed and you should expected your first issue to be April 2021 which you should receive in March"

I had a subscription that ended at the beginning of 2019, around the time Phelps died, and no renewal / new order from then.

Also the email address is legit...they likely fucked something up, but Im waiting if it really does arrive in march, if so then I will hit them up.

I also find it weird that if an order is placed in January, you have to wait 2 months for the first issue to arrive? I dont remember it being that late when I ordered in 2018

I had about 3 years of free subscriptions of TWS and Thrasher after never renewing in 93 ish.  That gravy train eventually ended but it was a fun ride.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
back when i was working at a shop we had a pretty solid mail order business and it was during the hype of the Supra shoes. We sent somebody a size 11 and size 10 of the same shoe. we probably had 4-5 size runs of the shoe, so it was a pain in the ass trying to find the mix up. we could not figure it out until like 3 weeks later when a guy came in and noticed he had a size 11 and size 10. also, somebody did ship just 1 shoe once which was a ridiculous mistake to make haha.

busch

• Rep: 74

I had this exact same thing happen to me. I got the email on January 14th and my last issue before my subscription ran out was the Phelps tribute one. I actually completely forgot about it but I too am curious to see if anything will show up this month. If they do I will not hit them up and will most likely just keep the free mags but you’re probably a better person than me.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
Not online but once in Croatia, after a long day of skating a friend ordered a 'pizza with pepperoni, large' and what he got was a plain pizza with a big pepper on it.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
It’s not a shop error, but this happened today.  I was having meals sent to me and somehow I got a box from Home Depot sent to me instead with a truck hitch, a combo box of Ryobi power tools including a circular saw, and a big set of ryobi drill bits.  No packing slip inside and my label was slapped on top of the original one so there’s no way to get it back to the original.  Contacted the company and was told to just keep it bc no one was coming to pick it up

This sounds like a pretty big come up for you.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
None skate related but...

When I was a kid my parents ordered a new TV and a DVD player. When the package came it turns out they accidentally sent a PS2 instead of a DVD player. My parents were kinda pissed, at the time they didn't let me have shit like that. After hours of me and my brother trying to explain to our parents that you can still watch DVD's on a PS2 they didn't buy it and excruciatingly they sent it back...   :'(

To add to the pain, my dad would keep on double bluffing like he hadn't sent it back and we'd get it for christmas... never happened lol

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
Ordered some vodka and soda water, but received a 30rack of BudLight and the family size bag of cool ranch Dorito's

consumer

• Rep: 9
  • they/them
i bought pants from carpet co and they sent me a jacket instead in a completely different size but with the other stuff i bought correct, kept it

ordered a set of wheels from my local skateshop online during pandemic and they ended up sending me 4 sets separately

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Prior to online orders, we had mail orders. I ordered some White and Red, Etnies MC Raps, from a mail order ad in a thrasher. I was 13 or 14 so this would’ve been 94/95ish. When they showed up, they were the all black color way instead. No big deal right? Should be an easy fix for a mistake on their end. I call up and explain my situation, expecting an empathetic reply. To my surprise I was asked why I couldn’t just keep the ones I got. I explained it wasn’t what I ordered and that they looked like the shoes all the vatos were wearing at my school. Instead of offering to send me the correct color way, I was told to “quit being a pussy faggot” and was hung up on. Luckily it was a going out of business sale and they were only $25. Being the shy, quiet 13/14 yr old that I was...I stopped being a pussy and kept the all black MC Raps.
[close]

I used to order those all the time being so cheap! Think it was called SSBS. So as a grom I always thought the MC had something to do with being the full grain leather version but later I learned that it just meant multi colored. So the pair you got was just a normal pair of all black suede raps? Or did they come in that leather black combo? I got used to skating the leather at the time and the odd pinkish stains it would leave on your grip
[close]

I ended up with an all black leather pair. Ordered and paid for the Chicago bulls color way (well that’s what I called them). I ended up getting multiple pairs of the correct color way later that year. I kept one pair all the way into my mid 20’s. Loved that shoe. Anyways, I learned real quick that ordering from skate shops was an interesting experience.

Those sound cool! I imagine Mail order was pretty hectic back when, say the es Koston or Muska dropped.

I got a mix up on color when I got a Witchcraft hardware beanie and French was super cool about swapping but after thinking about going back and forth to Canada I just kept it. Worked out well and I love the beanie but the funny part is it came with a bunch of awesome stickers and I put one on the dash of my car. When I got a smog check a youth pastor was the one working at this place and left me his card and had a talk with me about the evils of that kind of worship. I explained pretty quick but still pretty dam funny
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:48:51 PM by Phantasma Del Mar »

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
Pretty recently I ordered a Polar P9 deck and received the same graphic on an 8.25 popsicle.  I love that shape too, but was setting up a cruiser board.

I had an issue with some clothes not fitting in a previous order (COVID 15), and they were super good about handling it.

exotic joe

• Rep: -46
Not skate related but one year my mom ordered a backpack from Walmart and they send her a box full of backpacks. She emailed wal mart and they told her to just keep them so we gave em to goodwill.
“ And then-I send it” ninjah huston

baaaaaaguette

Holy shit  :D I can only imagine how massive they were lol

baaaaaaguette

anyways here's mine. Ordered a palace board for my empty wall, I hate palace shapes but the graphics are eye candy. Anyway the package takes a full MONTH to arrive, mind you the shop is 3 hours away by car, but whatever. I open the box and to my horror there are 5 jart boards sitting in there. Adress and postal was correct, so I ring them up and ask where my actual order is, they tell me they dont know and that they will send the correct order later this week. The best part i i got to keep the original order lol. Ended up riding jarts for a year, solid shapes I have to admit, wont ever ride jart again though.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
when I was a youngin and still reeling from watching Fully Flared my Christmas complete was a Girl deck, Royal Trucks, some piss yellow Ricta Supercrystals and Reds. Due to my family not knowing about quantities etc I ended up with one Royal truck and four reds bearings.