Author Topic: riding my board the wrong way?  (Read 408 times)

diontae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
riding my board the wrong way?
« on: March 07, 2021, 05:55:26 AM »
so i normally ride baker brand name decks and my friend pointed out to me the other day that i'd set my board upside down. i usually ride with the B in baker facing first but apparently you're supposed ride with the R facing first. can anyone on here confirm if that's true?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: riding my board the wrong way?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 10:34:55 AM »
Bigger end of the board is the nose in most cases (goes at front). Sometimes graphics look particularly misleading. And at the end of the day, you're still free to do whatever you feel is the most comfortable.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 11:04:48 AM »
you're still free to do whatever you feel is the most comfortable.

If you want to know which side is the nose just use a measuring tape. but if you're comfortable just ride it whichever way

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 05:38:05 PM »
Ride your board which ever way you feel comfortable.
You should be able to identify the international nose of the board though, by checking if there's a stamp on the top ply before gripping your board. If you look at the stamp upright, then the nose should be pointing upwards.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 05:48:16 PM »
There used to be a few pro skaters who always rode boards backwards, thinking maybe Adam Dyet and another tech guy who was on Globe or something similar around the 00s...

For some people who want a longer end as the tail, I completely understand, also given quite a few Baker boards are not particularly long in the tails to start with compared to some other brands or sizes, it makes sense to skate it that way - might only be by a few mm, but it definitely makes a difference to me.

Do you get them pre gripped or not?

If you get them without grip it is a lot easier to see from this (as said above, nose at top, warning sticker and size stamp over the front truck holes, Baker logo closer to the back truck):

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »
Forget about the graphic. The longer, steeper and fuller kick is the nose. Simple as that, unless you're Ryan Decenzo or Jeremy Klein, those kooks.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 12:48:30 AM »
Forget about the graphic. The longer, steeper and fuller kick is the nose. Simple as that, unless you're Ryan Decenzo or Jeremy Klein, those kooks.

That was who it was - almost there, Ryan Decenzo.

"another tech guy who was on Globe or something similar around the 00s..."

I guess it is something you don't really want to remember anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.