Author Topic: Brandon Westgate "508" New Balance Part  (Read 6041 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Brandon Westgate "508" New Balance Part
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wow
[close]

Lutzka in shambles
[close]

No way he's riding Ricta in that clip, they would have flatspotted in a hurry.

Dude is repping powerful East Coast skating in 2021, carrying on the legacy of Donny Barley and Aaron Suski.
East coast has produced a crazy amount of powerhouses. Maldonado, Huf, Sheffy and Reese Forbes. All those dudes just float.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2021, 06:33:49 PM »
Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle grew up so damn fast

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1385
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »
I have never been more proud of my heritage. Kid is unreal.

For real. Super hyped to watch this. I remember seeing him skate parks when he was littler and seeing it all since kinda just keeps getting better.

I saw him skate at the Mattapoisett, MA skatepark in the late 2000's and he ollied up and gapped the benches like nothing. No set up time whatsoever.

That's such a crummy little park too. Hell ya
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »
Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle grew up so damn fast

Did you mean to post this in “jokes that were barely funny 10 years ago” thread.  It fit nicely next to anyone in 2021 making a durao/Jon snow comparison

Fhk

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For real. Super hyped to watch this. I remember seeing him skate parks when he was littler and seeing it all since kinda just keeps getting better.

Expand Quote
I saw him skate at the Mattapoisett, MA skatepark in the late 2000's and he ollied up and gapped the benches like nothing. No set up time whatsoever.
[close]

I wish he was old enough to skate our shithole indoor in Wareham when it was open way back in the day. Fortunately for him He missed that chaos by a couple years. I enjoyed watching footage of him skating Plymside diy this past summer. He can destroy anything.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2021, 07:35:43 PM »
What town is that fountain in?   Place looked lovely

michael scarn

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2021, 07:38:24 PM »
I feel like Brandon got passed over or just chose some shitty sponsors. It seems nb is taking care of him and that's awesome but Element is a terrible place for him. And how is this man on Ricta. I feel like he would be such a good fit on Real or even Toy Machine but at this point it's just not in the stars.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »
I feel like Brandon got passed over or just chose some shitty sponsors. It seems nb is taking care of him and that's awesome but Element is a terrible place for him. And how is this man on Ricta. I feel like he would be such a good fit on Real or even Toy Machine but at this point it's just not in the stars.

Can’t explain Ricta, but Element makes sense as he seems to make moves on what provides more stability financially/career-wise than image enhancing.   I’m sure the Donny Barley connection doesn’t hurt either

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
When he got smoked on the tow in was gnarly. That 360 he floated over the bank grass gap was beautiful.

Magnificent

Chris Partlow

• Rep: 1
  • dont worry boss i got you covered, quick and clean
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2021, 08:16:48 PM »
Amazing part never disappoints

It’s in the north end of Boston
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I wish he was old enough to skate our shithole indoor in Wareham when it was open way back in the day. Fortunately for him He missed that chaos by a couple years. I enjoyed watching footage of him skating Plymside diy this past summer. He can destroy anything.

He started skating at the sk8shop in wareham back in the day.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2021, 08:17:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yooo! that Wareham park was super fun when I was a kid. My buddy had his learners permit and would take his dad's truck when he was out fishing so we could get to that spot. I remember seeing Shetler ollie over a rail there (I think there was a rail on the box) and being super stoked ha ha ha then we got Edge in 02 and that was a wrap

Chris Partlow

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2021, 08:25:01 PM »
508 is central mass so i'm guessing it wasn't any boston [617] or we'd recognize spots. the tailslide 270 flip out is at jack kerouac plaza in lowell. the rest of it is stuff nobody else can skate. really dug the quick ups to 50-50 the bump to bar in the beginning. just a different way to skate a spot. the manny pads preceding it would skate stop it to most of us.
any cape cod pals know tell us the area code out there? maybe this was classic cape footage?

508 is the cape cod/south coast/ south shore area code. Most of the spots are around Boston and the north shore

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2021, 08:37:46 PM »
This was so tight, Westgate kills it. Lots of ill spots too I've never seen before.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »
Damn that was heavy.
Great edit too

(The pool cover walk stressed me a bit.)

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2021, 08:46:26 PM »
508 is central mass so i'm guessing it wasn't any boston [617] or we'd recognize spots. the tailslide 270 flip out is at jack kerouac plaza in lowell. the rest of it is stuff nobody else can skate. really dug the quick ups to 50-50 the bump to bar in the beginning. just a different way to skate a spot. the manny pads preceding it would skate stop it to most of us.
any cape cod pals know tell us the area code out there? maybe this was classic cape footage?

get outta here with that central mass noise.  ;) south coast is the depths of the 508

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

508 is the cape cod/south coast/ south shore area code. Most of the spots are around Boston and the north shore

What/where are the north shore tricks?   I haven’t lived there in like 20 years but I’m keen to see spots there that I never knew about

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2021, 09:52:23 PM »
Hell yeah - I've missed this guy's skating. Always so good. The massive ollie into the fountain to front 360 out really was amazing.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »
This was excellent and now I want some of those shoes.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2021, 12:03:30 AM »
Beautiful Video.

508 used to be all of eastern mass except for Boston. I think it changed in the late 80s and it was split into more area codes so... maybe they're using some poetic license here.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2021, 01:40:10 AM »
legendary. so, so, so classic is his skating. loved it! short enough to watch just before walking out the door for a skate too. i've missed him!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Fhk

« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2021, 01:44:25 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
yooo! that Wareham park was super fun when I was a kid. My buddy had his learners permit and would take his dad's truck when he was out fishing so we could get to that spot. I remember seeing Shetler ollie over a rail there (I think there was a rail on the box) and being super stoked ha ha ha then we got Edge in 02 and that was a wrap

I think we might be talking about two different places.. I am referring to the big blue building that had the indoor bmx track and the skate "park" upstairs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 01:54:07 AM by Fhk hu »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2021, 02:16:05 AM »
watched it 3x already and it gets better every time

that nollie flip is all-time ... imagine how good that would feel to land, basically ready for another pop right after

I know mason goes hard, but that westgate has that bit of spice in his style that mason doesn't

doublesteveburger

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2021, 03:28:45 AM »
westgate became goat to me when he told leo, “I don’t give a fuck what you think” when he was clowning his body kit on an early emerica trip

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2021, 04:15:07 AM »
he's an absolute classic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2021, 05:28:50 AM »
westgate became goat to me when he told leo, “I don’t give a fuck what you think” when he was clowning his body kit on an early emerica trip

Link for said video?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Link for said video?

One of the Westgate epicly laterd videos.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:08 AM »
Expand Quote
When he got smoked on the tow in was gnarly. That 360 he floated over the bank grass gap was beautiful.
[close]

Magnificent

It looked like he was shot out of a cannon!!

Westgate never disappoints

Chris Partlow

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2021, 07:54:07 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I think we might be talking about two different places.. I am referring to the big blue building that had the indoor bmx track and the skate "park" upstairs.

Yeah I guess we are talking about different places I never heard of the 2 level wareham park

Fhk

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2021, 08:16:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I guess we are talking about different places I never heard of the 2 level wareham park
I probably have a few years on you.. I believe it was original rented out by Sean the owner of Scarecrow (skate shop in Plymouth way back) It wasn't much but it had the perfect bank ramp to dial shit in before playing with the big boys at Maximus or 8-ball. Anyhow Westgate is incredible.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2021, 08:34:28 AM »
yet another confirmation of why he is an all-time favorite

yes to most of what's been said in this thread (that rhymed) thus far, but i will also always love this kind of simple yet timeless gnarliness right here--how it is shot as much as the power and style in your boy's execution...