Author Topic: Praise for &&  (Read 1694 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
Praise for &&
« on: March 01, 2021, 06:31:28 PM »
One of the nicest dudes, pets bees, kills it in freestyle, transition, and street, lives in an ambulance, and wears a helmet knowing that the ‘cool police’ despise him for it.

And continues to skate on his own terms.

Plus, he can float a nice kickflip when needed

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CLuon42hFwK/?igshid=c8gvermvo7vz
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
Re: Praise for &&
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 11:14:57 PM »
Seconded

He's a man from another place, and that's allright.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 01:38:11 AM »
I like && a lot, he's got an unusual style and is a good positive role model for younger kids getting into skating.

As someone who has had multiple concussions (thanks snowboarding), I skate in a helmet 90% of the time these days, even just flatground... it's good to see a pro flying the flag for wearing a helmet and normalising it.

Seems like the sort of skater that if you bumped into him at the park he would be pretty sound and want to chat...a friend of mine has met him a bunch of times at the freestyle world champs and had nothing but positive stuff to say about the guy.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 08:36:15 AM »
I recently watched an interview and it changed my opinion of him. Still not my thing, but he's got undeniable skill and originality. You do you &y &erson

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 01:12:06 PM »
I feel like I'd rather play cards with him than go skating with him.

And I'd rather do almost anything than watch his footage.

But, I agree, he's got some undeniable "magic" to him. He gets it.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:14 AM »
A really good glimpse into the mind of Andy, and how he methodically goes about learning stuff. But not stressing to hard, he is truly enjoying it.

He breaks down learning bs smiths in a bowl, and by the end he’s doing some nice ones

https://youtu.be/zjJ-4l-rHew

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 12:12:05 AM »
Someone wrote in the comments that && is the Bob Ross of skateboarding.

Judge for yourself, Andy paints with his skateboard for 25 minutes and 20 blocks of his hometown.

https://youtu.be/-bpsHh5nwe4

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »
Super down for &&. I’d love to skate with him, it’d be interesting to have him try to teach me a trick.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 05:38:22 AM »
I bought his board and really want to support him, but also absolutely hate seeing him on the scientology skateboarding channel. Maybe he just doesn't know.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 07:59:06 AM »
I think he's great but some of my admiration for him also comes from the anger people have towards his existence. The guy is a magician and seems like he would down to pretty much have a session with anybody.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 04:37:33 PM »
I like that he respects the history of skating, seems to have a technical mind and does his own thing his own way. Also seems like a nice guy with no pretense about him.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 05:59:49 AM »
I think he's great but some of my admiration for him also comes from the anger people have towards his existence. The guy is a magician and seems like he would down to pretty much have a session with anybody.

Who‘s angry towards him? I thought people would hate him, because he does so many things that are frowned upon by the „cool“ street skaters: freestyle, wear a helmet, regular appearance in the YouTube skate Media sphere, street grabs and street plants. But: People seemed genuinely stoked on him at Tampa pro and he gets featured on thrasher. He‘s one of the rare examples of a skater that’s pretty much accepted in most facets of the skate world IMO.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/uZ2b8awI2Xs

Around 4:00 he mentions SLAP, and him wanting to use “&&” as a graphic, but feeling it looked too close to “88”.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 07:47:52 AM »

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
I bought his board and really want to support him, but also absolutely hate seeing him on the scientology skateboarding channel. Maybe he just doesn't know.
I’m honestly tempted to try the 9.13. I stepped on someone else’s out of curiosity and didn’t want to give it back. Those flight decks really shine in the 9”+ range. My McGill flight board is amazing, but more of a vert shape. I also have size 14 feet (15 in Nike), so there’s that.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 01:42:25 AM »
10:11 Andy dismantles some barriers at Venice, and then after does almost a 2-min line while holding a coffee.

#coffeelinechallenge

https://youtu.be/cBYj0VmcrtI