Author Topic: Nike VP & GM Ann Herbert resigns after report ties her to resale business  (Read 2011 times)

KBizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
The SNKRS app just got a lot more interesting and her son basically snitched on himself. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5eDhkgCMg/?utm_source=ig_embed

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
So that's where all the dunks are.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Basically ratted on his mom and himself because he had to flex on IG.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
https://www.ibtimes.com/nike-us-head-resigns-following-reports-about-sons-sneaker-resell-business-3154424

Nike Inc. on Monday announced that the vice president and general manager of its U.S. division is departing the company days after a report revealed her ties to a resale business.

Ann Hebert, Nike's vice president and general manager for North America, is leaving the global corporation after a Bloomberg report revealed that her son, Joe Hebert, used her credit card to purchase sneakers for his resale business.

Her abrupt exit marks the end of her 25-year tenure at the sneaker and apparel juggernaut. Nike said it would likely announce a new North American division head soon.

Hebert's departure comes after Bloomberg Businessweek published an article last week about Hebert's 19-year-old son Joe. The report revealed that he had used his mother's credit card multiple times to purchase at least $132,000 worth of limited-edition shoes and sell them for more money through his resale business, West Coast Streetwear.

During an interview with the New York-based publication, Joe acknowledged that Ann Hebert is his mother. However, he said she has never offered him inside information about Nike.

“When I asked Hebert about the connection later that year, he acknowledged that Ann was his mother and said that, while she’d inspired him as a businessperson, she was so high up at Nike as to be removed from what he does, and that he’d never received inside information such as discount codes from her,” Joshua Hunt wrote in the article.

A Nike spokeswoman later revealed that Ann disclosed information about West Coast Streetwear to Nike in 2018.

It also was revealed that Joe was buying products from other retailers, including Adidas items, Supreme T-shirts and Sony’s PlayStation 5 console, and flipping them for profit.

“We botted Walmart and Target pretty hard,” he told Bloomberg, referring to PlayStation 5 consoles. “I ended up with 24 of them and made between $300 and $500 on each one.”

Ann Hebert began working with Nike in 1995. She held various sales roles before being promoted to more prominent positions, including head of Nike’s Latin American divisions. She became vice president and general manager of Nike’s North America business in June 2020.

The Bloomberg report is locked behind a paywall, so I can't read it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2021-sneaker-investment/

KBizzle

Exactly. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
https://www.ibtimes.com/nike-us-head-resigns-following-reports-about-sons-sneaker-resell-business-3154424

Expand Quote
Nike Inc. on Monday announced that the vice president and general manager of its U.S. division is departing the company days after a report revealed her ties to a resale business.

Ann Hebert, Nike's vice president and general manager for North America, is leaving the global corporation after a Bloomberg report revealed that her son, Joe Hebert, used her credit card to purchase sneakers for his resale business.

Her abrupt exit marks the end of her 25-year tenure at the sneaker and apparel juggernaut. Nike said it would likely announce a new North American division head soon.

Hebert's departure comes after Bloomberg Businessweek published an article last week about Hebert's 19-year-old son Joe. The report revealed that he had used his mother's credit card multiple times to purchase at least $132,000 worth of limited-edition shoes and sell them for more money through his resale business, West Coast Streetwear.

During an interview with the New York-based publication, Joe acknowledged that Ann Hebert is his mother. However, he said she has never offered him inside information about Nike.

“When I asked Hebert about the connection later that year, he acknowledged that Ann was his mother and said that, while she’d inspired him as a businessperson, she was so high up at Nike as to be removed from what he does, and that he’d never received inside information such as discount codes from her,” Joshua Hunt wrote in the article.

A Nike spokeswoman later revealed that Ann disclosed information about West Coast Streetwear to Nike in 2018.

It also was revealed that Joe was buying products from other retailers, including Adidas items, Supreme T-shirts and Sony’s PlayStation 5 console, and flipping them for profit.

“We botted Walmart and Target pretty hard,” he told Bloomberg, referring to PlayStation 5 consoles. “I ended up with 24 of them and made between $300 and $500 on each one.”

Ann Hebert began working with Nike in 1995. She held various sales roles before being promoted to more prominent positions, including head of Nike’s Latin American divisions. She became vice president and general manager of Nike’s North America business in June 2020.
[close]

The Bloomberg report is locked behind a paywall, so I can't read it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2021-sneaker-investment/

Taking the events there as fact...so his mom isn’t his plug and her working at a high level at Nike is just a coincidence?   Seems like an awfully large amount just from bots.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
lol this shithead just ruined his mom's 25 year career.  gonna be awkward at family functions.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
seriously fuck this kid
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

sammyz

• Rep: 82
lol this shithead just ruined his mom's 25 year career.  gonna be awkward at family functions.

Im sure the mum knew this was happening

But i don't get it...she resigned and i guess he closes his business...what about any corruption or embezzlement charges?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Expand Quote
[close]

But i don't get it...she resigned and i guess he closes his business...what about any corruption or embezzlement charges?

Only poor people or people with shitty lawyers get slapped with such charges.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:52:27 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
This kid fucken sucks, and she'd be rich as shit anyway. 

sammyz

• Rep: 82
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Only poor people or people with shitty lawyers get slapped with such charges.

You’re right...what was I thinking!

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110

LMFAO fools getting disowned forsure.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
this dude is now greenlit by hundreds of nike heads taking ls on snkrs app.

lmao.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
IG is a helluva drug

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
the Sneaker community is full of brats. This kid stated that he had NO help from his parents.  ALSO, he "found" 3 Back To the Future shoes in some warehouse in Oregon only 1,500 made.  ::) ::)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Quote from: Complex Magazine
Bloomberg’s piece on Joe Hebert’s business describes him using bots to compromise online launches, mentioning that he rang up $132,000 in one morning for a launch of Kanye West sneakers on the artist’s Yeezy Supply website.

That same card, a corporate American Express, was registered in his mother’s name.

Nike really let them off easy, Dude doesn't know how privileged he is, this is a crime.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
You start as a sales rep in 1995. You work hard. You're continuously sacrificing your personal time to take any extra tasks to show you're ready for more responsibility. You climb from regional sales manager to a middle-management role. After nearly three decades of being early to every meeting, responding to every email immediately, and hours of searching for inconsistencies in Excel documents, you've nearly made it – the Vice President plaque outside your office door just recently installed – when a Bloomberg editor emails you to ask if you're familiar with a person named 'Joe West' that sells shoes on Instagram. And just like that, your LinkedIn profile switches to "Looking for Employment".

Rocko

• Rep: 38
Hahah I just had to do an article analysis on this kid for a marketing class last week.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
What does this have to do with skateboarding?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

KBizzle

Kid was basically Sam Rothstein, should've stayed in food and beverage.

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
What does this have to do with skateboarding?
because skaters decided they wanted dunks again the same time travis scott and people like this kid made them impossible to get

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
Well, the marketing model of those limited drops is a fucking scam by itself already IMO

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sorry but where is there any evidence or discussion of embezzlement? Seems like this whole thing just boils down to Nike not wanting their employees to participate in mass resale. Unless the credit card in her name he used was a company card I don't see how any of this is illegal or embezzlement. Maybe I'm missing some facts here, idk.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm sorry but where is there any evidence or discussion of embezzlement? Seems like this whole thing just boils down to Nike not wanting their employees to participate in mass resale. Unless the credit card in her name he used was a company card I don't see how any of this is illegal or embezzlement. Maybe I'm missing some facts here, idk.

I guess it's more insider trading than embezzlement? Idk it is a fine line and maybe that's why there are no charges, but it still is super scummy to do.

animalflesh

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess it's more insider trading than embezzlement? Idk it is a fine line and maybe that's why there are no charges, but it still is super scummy to do.

Corporate Amex in his mother’s name

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Corporate Amex in his mother’s name

So I was wrong,

These articles are being intentionally misleading. The corporate card is in his Mom's name but It's for his business. Speculation is that so he could make purchases and take advantage of employee deals. Still very careless, but from I've read on sneaker forums Nike doesn't really care how their sneakers get bought, as long as they sell and don't make the brand look bad.

His cellphone was also in his mom's name. When the kid called the Bloomberg reporter back, he googled the name of the call. When he asked the kid about the relationship, he claimed the mom had nothing to do with the business, and that he built it himself without connections but it was later found that his father established the business and later transferred ownership to the son. So it was probably the son's idea, but the dad then the groundwork.

KBizzle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If my Mom is basically in charge of the SNKRS app its definitely insider trading. He had the ultimate cheat code on getting the shoes every time.  I bet he hit on every pair of overhyped shoes that he bought, as would anyone with thoat connect.

Anyone acting like his mom didn't know what was going on is a fool.  Nike doesn't care, so this is water under the bridge its still funny though.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
I'm not sure anything was illegal about it. But, for someone who is making 7 to 8 figures a year, you can't have any appearance of unethical behavior (which this appears to be) with a Fortune 500 company. You are paid a fortune partially due to your ability, but also not to make stupid lapses in judgments allowing this to happen.

Either way, Scuba Steve for VP of Nike North America.