Author Topic: Brandon Westgate must come of Element on Real  (Read 5586 times)

Lowcalcium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
Re: Brandon Westgate must come of Element on Real
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2021, 06:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Okay now I'm super confused some people are saying Nicole Hause is on AH and others are saying she isn't which one is it?

Also, why in the hell does Maite' Steenhoudt not skate for Krooked, she would be a perfect fit. She's like the best female skater out there in terms of style.
[close]

Nicole has been riding $lave boards for over a year.

Thanks man

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:24 AM »
If we’re playing fantasy football or whatever, I’d like to see Westgate pro for Orchard/Gangemi
SPB!

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:09 AM »
As long as he doesn't switch to Powell I am all for it

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2021, 08:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Okay now I'm super confused some people are saying Nicole Hause is on AH and others are saying she isn't which one is it?

Also, why in the hell does Maite' Steenhoudt not skate for Krooked, she would be a perfect fit. She's like the best female skater out there in terms of style.
[close]

She’s riding a Deathwish board in her latest photo in Thrasher

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2021, 10:12:33 AM »

Maite has a board on UMA

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2021, 10:32:11 AM »
Toy Machine sucks. They've put one one full length in 15 years, and have barely done anything else in the mean time.

Might seem wild, but maybe Brandon is happy on Element?

Toy put out a full length at the end of 2019...

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2021, 12:15:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

She’s riding a Deathwish board in her latest photo in Thrasher

Didn't know she had changed it up. She's not following Anti Hero or $lave on Instagram either, but following a bunch of others. You get what she might be like.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2021, 12:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Toy Machine sucks. They've put one one full length in 15 years, and have barely done anything else in the mean time.

Might seem wild, but maybe Brandon is happy on Element?
[close]

Toy put out a full length at the end of 2019...

Sorry poor wording on my behalf. 1 promo video and 1 full length in the last 15 years is fucking terrible. They've barely put out any web content in that time and have just sat on their hands. The company has been running on low fuel for a decade, and they seem to to put a little fuel in every-now and then to stop the light from coming on.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2021, 12:59:36 PM »
Everyone is talking about Toy Machine without mentioning Axel? That dude is rad.

Unless he’s switched sponsors and I’m behind on which case nevermind

Brguy

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »
Everyone is talking about Toy Machine without mentioning Axel? That dude is rad.

Axel gets as much coverage as Toy Machine, which isn't much.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2021, 08:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Brandon Westgate on Quasi makes sense to me.

I agree I think he'd get lost in the mix if he was on Real.

On a serious note, Jim Thiebaud is all about equality and inclusivity when it comes to his brands.

https://actionsrealized.com/

So why are there no women pro's on Real, Anti-Hero, or Krooked. All these brands have been around for awhile and are very well respected...but you got companies like Deathwish giving more chances to women than Real
[close]
Being inclusive doesn't mean having a diversity quota, dude. Do you really picture a girl riding for AntiHero? Real, maybe, Krooked I don't even fucking know, for all I know they could have Ronald McDonald riding for them.

Do I really picture a girl riding for AH:

Yes I do, Elissa or Dal Santo could have turned pro for AH and it would make sense. They are both gnarly.

I could see Alexis Sablone on Krooked. I believe she got a guest board.

Moreover, there’s probably tons of young female rippers I don’t even know about. But yeah any of them could / should in time go pro for deluxe.

I know I get stoked seeing more female & LGBT+ people skating, so I think some of the teams should reflect this too. No absolutely not like a diversity quota. Just add more flavor to the pot. And yes Dan Mancia rules. The dude is an inspiration.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Axel gets as much coverage as Toy Machine, which isn't much.

Since he left NB it seems like his coverage slowed down. I know he had that Vans part recently but it felt like a really drastic shift.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2021, 12:34:28 AM »
as long as he keeps skating at/near this level he could be on revive and i'd still watch his parts 20 times

Brguy

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2021, 05:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

On a serious note, Jim Thiebaud is all about equality and inclusivity when it comes to his brands.

So why are there no women pro's on Real, Anti-Hero, or Krooked. All these brands have been around for awhile and are very well respected...but you got companies like Deathwish giving more chances to women than Real
[close]
Being inclusive doesn't mean having a diversity quota, dude. Do you really picture a girl riding for AntiHero? Real, maybe, Krooked I don't even fucking know, for all I know they could have Ronald McDonald riding for them.
[close]

Yes I do, Elissa or Dal Santo could have turned pro for AH and it would make sense. They are both gnarly.

Moreover, there’s probably tons of young female rippers I don’t even know about. But yeah any of them could / should in time go pro for deluxe.

I know I get stoked seeing more female & LGBT+ people skating, so I think some of the teams should reflect this too. No absolutely not like a diversity quota. Just add more flavor to the pot. And yes Dan Mancia rules. The dude is an inspiration.
You got a good point with Elissa and Marisa, but still I find it hard to see a regular girl get in the van with those dudes. With time more women will appear in skateboarding, it's only natural and I think it should be as it is for any guy, it's always better when the people skating for a certain brand are like a family and stuff like that.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2021, 09:12:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maite has a board on UMA

Not to be so American centric. But what the hell is UMA?

Maite’ deserves to be on a legislate squad.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2021, 09:18:53 AM »
UMA is a new US based brand. It’s Thomas Campbell’s brand with Evan Smith, Cody Chapman, and Maité.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2021, 09:38:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
You got a good point with Elissa and Marisa, but still I find it hard to see a regular girl get in the van with those dudes. With time more women will appear in skateboarding, it's only natural and I think it should be as it is for any guy, it's always better when the people skating for a certain brand are like a family and stuff like that.

Please define "regular girl" and in what way Elissa and Marisa do not fit that description?

I could easily see a non-male skater getting in the van with AH. Those dudes are probably more accepting and open-minded than a lot of other board brands. First major board brand to have an openly gay pro...

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2021, 09:59:22 AM »
UMA is a new US based brand. It’s Thomas Campbell’s brand with Evan Smith, Cody Chapman, and Maité.

That's why I come to SLAP, to learn something new. Thanks.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2021, 10:35:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Please define "regular girl" and in what way Elissa and Marisa do not fit that description?

I could easily see a non-male skater getting in the van with AH. Those dudes are probably more accepting and open-minded than a lot of other board brands. First major board brand to have an openly gay pro...

See 9:46

Brguy

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2021, 10:46:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Regular girl as in girl with most of her mental capabilities intact.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

See 9:46

Wow, forgot about that. That is definitely a problematic statement, but I wouldn't necessarily take T-Mo's words as gospel concerning AH's values as a brand. I mean they were fucking with Nicole pretty heavy for a bit there. Seemed like she was on track for full am spot until whatever happened between them occurred. Didn't she have an ad even? Can't remember exactly, so I could be wrong.