Author Topic: Brandon Westgate must come of Element on Real  (Read 5624 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: Brandon Westgate must come of Element on Real
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2021, 03:53:50 PM »
Brandon Westgate on Quasi makes sense to me.

I agree I think he'd get lost in the mix if he was on Real.

On a serious note, Jim Thiebaud is all about equality and inclusivity when it comes to his brands.

https://actionsrealized.com/

So why are there no women pro's on Real, Anti-Hero, or Krooked. All these brands have been around for awhile and are very well respected...but you got companies like Deathwish giving more chances to women than Real

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

I’d guess that the non cis male skaters he’s close with are already hooked up or have started their own company.   Is there someone who you can think of that deserves a better board sponsor?   I don’t think just sponsoring anyone for the sake of sponsoring someone is helpful to the cause of promoting female/lgbtq skating.   

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he seems to have total freedom with element. they give him his space to film when and how he pleases. he probably can just grab whatever filmer and take (or not) whatever trips he wants no questions asked. plus he probably never has to worry about the checks being "late" or suspicious accounting.  why would he leave a good thing for a "cool" thing?

in return element gets a self driven skater who can self-promote, never complains, doesn't need special attention, and they never really have to worry about him piling out or saying something dumb shit on social media.   

its a win-win
[close]
I think Element used to be like that, I doubt their financials are that great anymore given the mass exodus. But, I'm sure NB# lets him do whatever he wants considering he's a New England kid and probably their flagship guy since PJ doesn't produce much. Westgate and Tom Knox are probably their most productive and known pros. I guess Foy too.
[close]

Pretty clear that Tiago is their flagship guy, and Tiago produces as much or more than any other pro on NB#
Forgot he was even added. But you are correct.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2021, 04:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he seems to have total freedom with element. they give him his space to film when and how he pleases. he probably can just grab whatever filmer and take (or not) whatever trips he wants no questions asked. plus he probably never has to worry about the checks being "late" or suspicious accounting.  why would he leave a good thing for a "cool" thing?

in return element gets a self driven skater who can self-promote, never complains, doesn't need special attention, and they never really have to worry about him piling out or saying something dumb shit on social media.   

its a win-win
[close]
I think Element used to be like that, I doubt their financials are that great anymore given the mass exodus. But, I'm sure NB# lets him do whatever he wants considering he's a New England kid and probably their flagship guy since PJ doesn't produce much. Westgate and Tom Knox are probably their most productive and known pros. I guess Foy too.
[close]

Pretty clear that Tiago is their flagship guy, and Tiago produces as much or more than any other pro on NB#
[close]

Tiago Foy Westgate are their big 3.  The top guy is whichever you like the best.  Baker kids def going to see Foy as #1

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2021, 04:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote

On a serious note, Jim Thiebaud is all about equality and inclusivity when it comes to his brands.

So why are there no women pro's on Real, Anti-Hero, or Krooked. All these brands have been around for awhile and are very well respected...but you got companies like Deathwish giving more chances to women than Real
[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

I’d guess that the non cis male skaters he’s close with are already hooked up or have started their own company.   Is there someone who you can think of that deserves a better board sponsor?   I don’t think just sponsoring anyone for the sake of sponsoring someone is helpful to the cause of promoting female/lgbtq skating.

Yeah AH is rocking a female skater.

Maybe they cant find anyone to fit Reals style.

I mean they even sponsor an amazing blind skater in Dan Mancina....

And your giving them shit. C'mon dude.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Burnout420

• Rep: -27
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
You need to have a a certain fashion sense or personality to fit on most companies. All I know about Brandon is that he owns a cranberry farm.

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

[close]

You’re telling me you can’t find the most basic white chick out their that rips? America has like fucking 350 million people come on. Jim and those guys just don’t give a shit lol.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

[close]

[close]

You’re telling me you can’t find the most basic white chick out their that rips? America has like fucking 350 million people come on. Jim and those guys just don’t give a shit lol.

Why are you so hell bent on them getting a "white chick" cheetah.

I've no doubt if he found someone up to snuff he would add them. White or whatever race you prefer

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2021, 04:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've no doubt if he found someone up to snuff he would add them. White or whatever race you prefer

I could find a world class skateboard team in a months time with the talent out their now. Real is the most bland brand of brands, u don’t need literally anything specific image wise to get on unlike say antihero or krooked which id buy an argument about, but fucking real? My argument is if u ain’t got a chick on real of all fucking companies, it’s just moral posturing at that point.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

its a win-win
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tiago Foy Westgate are their big 3.  The top guy is whichever you like the best.  Baker kids def going to see Foy as #1
Yeah, for whatever reasons, I identify them most with Tom Knox. Maybe since he's been on the longest, and I'm most interested in his footage. But, those other 3 are bigger names.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2021, 05:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

its a win-win
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah, for whatever reasons, I identify them most with Tom Knox. Maybe since he's been on the longest, and I'm most interested in his footage. But, those other 3 are bigger names.

I still think about Arto and them even though he’s not even on anymore

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
brings me no pleasure to say I could see him on All I Need

that'd be a serious case of things coming around full circle
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2021, 07:25:34 PM »
This thread reeks of an identical cadence to when Anthony Shetler hid behind anonymity to say Suski deserved a pro model

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2021, 07:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

I believe Stella Reynolds is an AM for Real, and Nika Washington has been skating Real boards.  Plus Jaime Reyes from back in the day. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

[close]
I believe Stella Reynolds is an AM for Real, and Nika Washington has been skating Real boards.  Plus Jaime Reyes from back in the day.

Stella still skate?   She used to be featured on Reynolds IG a lot.  Wonder if she grew out of it or something.  Hopefully nothin bad

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2021, 09:00:10 PM »
Nicole is not on AH

Good and Evil

• Rep: 3
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »
He’d fit past Toy Machines, not really anymore.  I think the only reason people put him in the TM convo is because he was hanging out with Leo a bunch on Emerica trips many many years ago and Leo wanted him on, but he didnt

I like him on Toy Machine because he reminds me of Donny Barley... who I guess also went to Element hmmm

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2021, 09:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

its a win-win
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I still think about Arto and them even though he’s not even on anymore
I feel its Tiago and Westgate are so connected to their old shoe sponsors. I know Knox was on Emerica Euro team, but I guess I identify him with Isle/Atlantic Drift and NB#. Like the first guys who come to mind are really Knox, Jordan Taylor and Franky. All great skaters for different reasons. Obviously, I'm not their target demo of adding someone like Foy though. 

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2021, 10:15:26 PM »
Nicole is not on AH

Yeah I heard she was going overboard with the agent and her trainer and all that. Can't be like that on AH.

Westgate can be on my fake company FlipHouse
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2021, 10:32:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Nicole is not on AH
[close]

Yeah I heard she was going overboard with the agent and her trainer and all that. Can't be like that on AH.

Westgate can be on my fake company FlipHouse
I wonder how involved the agents/managers for people like Zion are when it comes to dealing with Real. I fully get having representation when dealing with conglomerates like Red Bull and any shoe brands. Those are your big money deals, but board brands its a bit ridiculous.

Just looking at her Insta. Her Traeger Sponsorship might be one of my favorite yet from a skater. I'd love to somehow get a BBQ sponsor for skating.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2021, 10:51:52 PM »
He'd fit perfectly on Wray Brothers where he could be left wondering.....'what the hell have I done?!?!'

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2021, 12:04:51 AM »
If he gets too close to Anti Hero he could merge into one super skater with Grant Taylor

Brguy

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2021, 02:00:54 AM »

Being inclusive doesn't mean having a diversity quota, dude. Do you really picture a girl riding for AntiHero? Real, maybe, Krooked I don't even fucking know, for all I know they could have Ronald McDonald riding for them.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2021, 02:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I could find a world class skateboard team in a months time with the talent out their now. Real is the most bland brand of brands, u don’t need literally anything specific image wise to get on unlike say antihero or krooked which id buy an argument about, but fucking real? My argument is if u ain’t got a chick on real of all fucking companies, it’s just moral posturing at that point.

Mmm hmm... Ok buddy sure thing.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2021, 04:21:30 AM »
Serious question: Does Element stay profitable by being some kind of lifestyle brand now, or what? Because practically no one skates Element boards as far as I can tell, but I also don't just see regular people out in the wild wearing Element stuff.  How do they make money to pay a skate team?

If you've ever seen Ozarks you would better understand how they turn a profit.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2021, 04:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

I’d guess that the non cis male skaters he’s close with are already hooked up or have started their own company.   Is there someone who you can think of that deserves a better board sponsor?  I don’t think just sponsoring anyone for the sake of sponsoring someone is helpful to the cause of promoting female/lgbtq skating.

What do you even mean with this sentence? Do you mean that gay and women skaters are only sponsored because they are gay and or women? Do you mean every gay or woman skater is only sponsored due to the orientation/gender? Get a fucking grip man, you sound brainless.

Brguy

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2021, 06:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicole Hause is on AH. 

I’d guess that the non cis male skaters he’s close with are already hooked up or have started their own company.   Is there someone who you can think of that deserves a better board sponsor?  I don’t think just sponsoring anyone for the sake of sponsoring someone is helpful to the cause of promoting female/lgbtq skating.
[close]

What do you even mean with this sentence? Do you mean that gay and women skaters are only sponsored because they are gay and or women? Do you mean every gay or woman skater is only sponsored due to the orientation/gender? Get a fucking grip man, you sound brainless.
Sure, cause everyone knows companies always do things based on what's right and not on what's profitable.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2021, 06:15:22 AM »
Okay now I'm super confused some people are saying Nicole Hause is on AH and others are saying she isn't which one is it?

Also, why in the hell does Maite' Steenhoudt not skate for Krooked, she would be a perfect fit. She's like the best female skater out there in terms of style.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2021, 06:39:49 AM »
Okay now I'm super confused some people are saying Nicole Hause is on AH and others are saying she isn't which one is it?

Also, why in the hell does Maite' Steenhoudt not skate for Krooked, she would be a perfect fit. She's like the best female skater out there in terms of style.

Does Nicole hell ride?

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2021, 06:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good GOD NO! lol  I could see this tho for sure tho. I'd rather see him on Plan B that Real. Real needs to get it together. I guess you don't have to when you have Ishod.

Expand Quote
Could see Westgate on semi-retirement after his element contract.  Casually repping 5boro again while maintaining his cranberry farm
[close]
[close]

I mean, I don't disagree that Real's team is huge, but in what way does Real need to "get it together"? They just put on the guy who won SOTY, their distribution is probably the most respected in the industry, they have Busenitz, TVV is amazing to watch, pretty sure they still hook up Antoine Asselin, Ishod like you mentioned, the list goes on. Why would you rather see someone as dope as Westgate on a dumpster fire brand like PLan B? I understand that some of Real's art direction is boring, but it doesn't even come close to the garbage put out by Plan B.

Think of it this way, who would you rather see Westgate skate with: Leticia, Joslin and Pat Duffy; or Ishod, Mason and Busenitz?

I don't even think he would fit on Real that well, but what you're saying is ridiculous.
[close]

Forreal does op even realize what year it is? Plan b has been a c list company for a while now.

Yes, Plan B is a dumpster fire and a C list company. Totally agree. I don't want to see him on there. Just as bad as I don't want to see him on Real... I've typed so much and deleted it over and over and I guess it comes down to me expecting more from Real.  And maybe just maybe deep, deeep down I expect more from myself.  lol

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2021, 06:43:56 AM »

Nicole has been riding $lave boards for over a year.