Author Topic: PJ Ladd of NB#  (Read 21055 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
Re: PJ Ladd of NB#
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 03:42:03 AM »
Can hardly say I'm surprised or upset.

I mean if Westgate can rip all our dicks off with an amazing part for NB out of nowhere at his age.... And after all the high impact stuff he skated.

Can hardly be angry at NB for dropping PJ. He hasn't done anything in two decades.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 04:14:56 AM »

I mean if Westgate can rip all our dicks off with an amazing part for NB out of nowhere at his age.... And after all the high impact stuff he skated.

Can hardly be angry at NB for dropping PJ. He hasn't done anything in two decades.

How old do all you morons think Westgate is? I read in the 508 video thread someone saying he is from the same era as Reynolds? What are you talking about? The guy is 32. Not that old.

Hieronymus Botch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 04:26:40 AM »
On Crocs

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 04:36:32 AM »
Dang- when did Arto leave? Makes sense for both he and PJ though... I'd like to imagine that there is a stack of unreleased decent quality PJ footage that'll come out eventually. Oh well.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 04:50:47 AM »
Marius also of?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 05:10:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How old do all you morons think Westgate is? I read in the 508 video thread someone saying he is from the same era as Reynolds? What are you talking about? The guy is 32. Not that old.

Old for a pro skater that releases that level of footage. You try hard goon.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 05:21:14 AM by RichardBarkley »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 06:59:04 AM »
I’d love to see Ted cruz and David Icke talk together for 30 minutes. No more no less just 30 minutes

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 07:28:59 AM »
I’d love to see Ted cruz and David Icke talk together for 30 minutes. No more no less just 30 minutes
Moderated by Kayleigh Mcenany?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 07:42:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
if i owned a company and one of my riders followed ted cruz then i'd kick em off too
(not to mention david icke and kayleigh mcenany)
they would definitely be stoked he's down with ted cruz. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/new-balance-athletics/totals?id=D000036175

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 07:43:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Moderated by Kayleigh Mcenany?

The establishment would crumble and the world would awaken into a new dawn of enlightenment

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 07:58:25 AM »
I like how this turned into PJ being racist. Even crazier to see people really think like "Oh he follows those people? Yeah he should be fired." You guys are fucked.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »
I like how this turned into PJ being racist. Even crazier to see people really think like "Oh he follows those people? Yeah he should be fired." You guys are fucked.
Who said pj is a racist?  He might be dumb as rocks but racist?  I didn’t see that. You’re really trying to get that cancel culture, right? 

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Genuine question: What was the significance of naming his first video "Wonderful, Horrible Life" referencing the famed documentary on Leni Riefenstahl, propagandist fillmmaker for the Nazis. I'm honestly curious what the thought process was behind that.
[close]

It was a shop video by Colisseum and I think they had one or two prior.  I’m guessing Artie or the other guy picked the title, not PJ

The name was based on PJ basically being mentally ill about skating, that he was so obsessive he had to skate all the time and it would make him crazy, also that he loved skating and this obsession made him so good that it was super easy and fun for him at the same time.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 08:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Who said pj is a racist?  He might be dumb as rocks but racist?  I didn’t see that. You’re really trying to get that cancel culture, right?

"..a white guy who supports ultra-right wing racist groups."  The reads as racist, no? Not to mention as also said hes from Boston, over 30 and is white.  Maybe I'm reading to hard into those statements?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 08:50:07 AM »
Could see him in eS Accels

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 09:00:12 AM »
Dang- when did Arto leave? Makes sense for both he and PJ though... I'd like to imagine that there is a stack of unreleased decent quality PJ footage that'll come out eventually. Oh well.

I think Arto just moved behind the scenes and is basically retired at this point and transitioned into photography. Weird if Marius is off. I feel like I always seem him hyping NB stuff on IG.

As for PJ, for a while he was pushing and endorsing QAnon and Q-adjacent conspiracies on IG which are heavily racist, anti-Semitic, etc. even if they hid behind dogwhistles. That’s ignoring David Icke’s bigotry, McEnany’s role as a propagandist, etc. So I think it’s fine to point out that some of his beliefs are fucked up and dangerous.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 09:01:24 AM »
Could see him in eS Accels

This is the PJ we need again. That brown colour way...

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »
I'll once again spare you all with my long-form lecture about PJ and the Ra Ma cult he joined, but just say that I bet his leader is none too pleased he won't be able to forward any shoe checks into their yoga 'community'.

I also recently was introduced to the phrase 'conspirituality', which is the tendency for people who find and orient their lives around a 'spiritual movement' to easy slip into conspiracy theory support.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 09:25:08 AM »
Wonderful, Horrible  Life might be the best part ever. I’ll just continue pretending he retired after that.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Genuine question: What was the significance of naming his first video "Wonderful, Horrible Life" referencing the famed documentary on Leni Riefenstahl, propagandist fillmmaker for the Nazis. I'm honestly curious what the thought process was behind that.
[close]

It was a shop video by Colisseum and I think they had one or two prior.  I’m guessing Artie or the other guy picked the title, not PJ
[close]

The name was based on PJ basically being mentally ill about skating, that he was so obsessive he had to skate all the time and it would make him crazy, also that he loved skating and this obsession made him so good that it was super easy and fun for him at the same time.

You seem to be kind of in the right direction of their explanations.

Here is the most specific thing I could find (from a Transworld article):

"Matt Roman came up with the title by a combination of things. The title of Blind’s classic Tim And Henry’s Pack Of Lies had a hand in it as did a documentary on ground-breaking filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl called The Wonderful, Horrible Life Of Leni Riefenstahl, due to her amazing cinematography that was funded and intended to glorify the Nazis, although Riefenstahl was not a Nazi herself. Roman thought the name applied well to PJ, who has an amazing gift for skateboarding, yet his life is consumed by it. He’s known to skate from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. on a regular basis. “Sometimes PJ wishes he could just not think about skating all the time,” Roman explains. “When he has a bad day skating, it’s just horrible.”"

Still seems like a weird analogy to me to compare him to a such a controversial figure based on...well...I'm still not entirely sure...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2021, 09:56:50 AM »
I'll once again spare you all with my long-form lecture about PJ and the Ra Ma cult he joined, but just say that I bet his leader is none too pleased he won't be able to forward any shoe checks into their yoga 'community'.

I also recently was introduced to the phrase 'conspirituality', which is the tendency for people who find and orient their lives around a 'spiritual movement' to easy slip into conspiracy theory support.

Yeah, conspirituality is huge:

https://bigthink.com/culture-religion/conspirituality
https://www.vice.com/en/article/93wq73/conspirituality-explains-why-the-wellness-world-fell-for-qanon

There are some good books touching on it as well - Anna Merlan Republic of Lies, Colin Dickey The Unidentified, Tara Isabelle Burton Strange Rites have pretty interesting and approachable angles to it but I’m sure there are a lot more.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:04:19 AM by oyolar »

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2021, 11:48:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

"..a white guy who supports ultra-right wing racist groups."  The reads as racist, no? Not to mention as also said hes from Boston, over 30 and is white.  Maybe I'm reading to hard into those statements?

Lmao get fucked kook.

Out of all the pros who have outed themselves as right-wing morons, PJ has to be the most disappointing for me since he was my favorite skater for a long time.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2021, 12:02:01 PM »

are you implying westgate is a power-bottom like Heath?

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2021, 12:07:18 PM »
Do the Fancy Lad guys ever talk about him?

It seems like he’s a subject people have carefully avoided over the years, and I’ve never been sure why.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2021, 12:35:00 PM »
His recent uptick in output might be a sign of his impending departure. Perhaps he's hunting for a new home....

Or they told him he's of the team if he doesn't get of his lazy ass.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Lmao get fucked kook.

Out of all the pros who have outed themselves as right-wing morons, PJ has to be the most disappointing for me since he was my favorite skater for a long time.

Why should get fucked? I'm just asking a question. So right-wing doesn't mean racist? I do not identify as a kook. lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2021, 01:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You seem to be kind of in the right direction of their explanations.

Here is the most specific thing I could find (from a Transworld article):

"Matt Roman came up with the title by a combination of things. The title of Blind’s classic Tim And Henry’s Pack Of Lies had a hand in it as did a documentary on ground-breaking filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl called The Wonderful, Horrible Life Of Leni Riefenstahl, due to her amazing cinematography that was funded and intended to glorify the Nazis, although Riefenstahl was not a Nazi herself. Roman thought the name applied well to PJ, who has an amazing gift for skateboarding, yet his life is consumed by it. He’s known to skate from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. on a regular basis. “Sometimes PJ wishes he could just not think about skating all the time,” Roman explains. “When he has a bad day skating, it’s just horrible.”"

Still seems like a weird analogy to me to compare him to a such a controversial figure based on...well...I'm still not entirely sure...

Well I guess Matt ROMAN is why they call it Colosseum.  Could have had a named based off wrestling with Roman and (Artie) the Greek (Iirc)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Arto just moved behind the scenes and is basically retired at this point and transitioned into photography. Weird if Marius is off. I feel like I always seem him hyping NB stuff on IG.

Arto posted a box of Nikes he got from Scuba.  I def think he’s no longer involved at NB.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
It takes an intelligent person to entertain an idea without accepting it, which explains why so many folks on here can't understand how he would follow Cruz.

And why comments like this get downvoted when they don't play into whatever narrative the modulators are trying to create.   
"Call Mikey Taylor a horse face and watch TK spiral out of sanity; but whatever you do, don't think for yourself"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:27:40 PM by duniwayRobber »
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.