Author Topic: Cyrus of 917  (Read 46233 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1221
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Cyrus of 917
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2021, 07:46:50 AM »
at this point with where they’re headed, 917 just needs to put out a board that says 917 or olson in the baker font/logo and go from there.

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2021, 01:23:24 PM »
what does a 917 revamp even look like ?

or is the way everyone left 917 leaving a bad taste on any ny skaters? Kyota, homies network are the next/ new wave for ny

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2021, 12:59:18 PM »
seemed worth a bump, AO looks like he's been in CA for a minute and some new goods are still on the way. still no real acknowledgement that there's no team anymore. everyone waiting with baited breath what Logan's project will look like and how Johnny and crew will be involved.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »
917 as alex's idiot brain project is almost cooler than 917 as a constant struggle between him and the team. I want more of those weird blank photoshop boards they were doing at the beginning and less david rudnick shit
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

snowballz

• Rep: -12
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2021, 02:32:12 PM »
Fuck it

Cyrus on Frog

i would honestly be super fucking down for this. last frog board i had skated fucking great to be honest. just wish they would do more screenprinted graphics.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2021, 03:53:59 PM »
Don't really care about 917 anymore. Alex and the whole team didn't care at all, where I stopped caring too.

I wanna see Jerry have a team for Sci-fi fantasy tho. Or maybe do a guest model each release for dudes without a board sponsor. I feel like Grimple kind of did that for Evan. Just something loose line that
The chillest1

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:45 PM »
I wanna see Jerry have a team for Sci-fi fantasy tho. Or maybe do a guest model each release for dudes without a board sponsor.

Who's up first?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
I wanna see Jerry have a team for Sci-fi fantasy tho. Or maybe do a guest model each release for dudes without a board sponsor.
[close]

Who's up first?

Nyjah

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2021, 05:13:44 PM »
I'd want Max with the first board, but I gnarred @Seadramon  for his reply. So let's say nyjah gets firsties for funsies.

Or all ex 917 team riders without a board sponsor's names on one board. Didn't they do that with Ams back in the day? I was just dreaming, I hope it doesn't become a new topic on the thread or a thread of it's own.
The chillest1

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2021, 12:10:16 PM »
you spelled OFF wrong.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #340 on: April 30, 2021, 12:31:09 PM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »
you spelled OFF wrong.

no, no, you spelled OF wrong.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2021, 12:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who's up first?

Arin. With a full part to go with it. Please and thank you.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who's up first?

Off thread topic but when I watch your sig I interpret it as that woman and monster are somehow connected. She's pushing out a fart, then it comes out from the inner demon being's asshole which is somehow connected to a TV. Like in Poltergeist except all that comes out of the tv is a demonic fart.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote
you spelled OFF wrong.
[close]

no, no, you spelled OF wrong.

Fek OF. You stinky basta

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »

Didn’t know where else to post this

nothing's been the since same

ricky bobby

« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2021, 07:46:56 PM »
Sorry to bump but does anyone know what board Cyrus is holding in this new Huf ad?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2021, 07:49:14 PM »
Sorry to bump but does anyone know what board Cyrus is holding in this new Huf ad?

That’s a Real James Kelch reissue.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2021, 07:49:39 PM »
Looks like a James Kelch Real board.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
He’s basically a new generation Huf (RIP), respectively.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2021, 09:26:00 PM »
Max is riding anti hero and cyrus on real... Surprisingly vanilla choices. Max could unironically be seen on krooked moist definitely but he would be an amazing addition to Grimple. Cyrus, glad to not see on FA but don't wanna see him on the jocky version of REAL that is too stacked. Needs some shine
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2021, 09:37:28 PM »
Max is riding anti hero and cyrus on real... Surprisingly vanilla choices. Max could unironically be seen on krooked moist definitely but he would be an amazing addition to Grimple. Cyrus, glad to not see on FA but don't wanna see him on the jocky version of REAL that is too stacked. Needs some shine

Logan Lara is starting his own board company. They are just riding Deluxe boards in the interim.

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2021, 10:00:41 PM »
Looks like an old Heath graphic to me
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2021, 11:51:00 PM »
What’s the fanciest car any of you have ever ridden in? Tesla? Limo? Lamborghini?

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #354 on: July 15, 2021, 01:07:03 AM »
What’s the fanciest car any of you have ever ridden in? Tesla? Limo? Lamborghini?
Rode in a Ferrari 458 once, very cool but really uncomfortable because I felt really out of place in it. Besides that, drove a new C8 a few times and that thing was fast.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2021, 01:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Logan Lara is starting his own board company. They are just riding Deluxe boards in the interim.

Just like everybody else doeees.......
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #356 on: July 15, 2021, 06:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Rode in a Ferrari 458 once, very cool but really uncomfortable because I felt really out of place in it. Besides that, drove a new C8 a few times and that thing was fast.

Very similar experience. Rode in an orange Lamborghini Gallardo... didn't like all the attention that comes with it.

Drove a supercharged C6. Too fast

Some of the most fun cars Ive ever driven are manual cars in the 200-300 hp range. Kind of like that saying its more fun to drive a slow car fast

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #357 on: July 15, 2021, 08:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why? who's asking for that?

it's the same as frog to me. cool that dudes are getting after it themselves, but i have literally never seen a frog board in the wild

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #358 on: July 15, 2021, 08:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nobody, but that's completely okay and normal because:

• consumers are so fickle and trendy so brand loyalty doesn't really exist anyway
  • skaters don't know what they want until they are shown. if you would have asked people if they thought half the Plan B team should leave and start their own thing called "Girl Skateboards" i bet most regular skaters would have thought that was a ridiculous and disrespectful idea. but they did it, and created something new, and people came around.
  • board brands do not make money from boards, and thus pay very little to their skaters, so skaters turn to getting paid by big shoe, clothing, or drink brands, so you might as well make no money from a brand that is run by you and your friends instead of making no money from a 25 year old company you have little connection to
  • getting put on a West Coast team where they are already packed to the brim with like 25 skaters, and with dozens more in the flow program, with the possibility that they might pass over you because of some dumb van politics, seems cruel and unusual

it's the same as frog to me. cool that dudes are getting after it themselves, but i have literally never seen a frog board in the wild

i actually do see frog tees pretty regularly. but again, i have a hunch that board sales are extremely fickle have more to do with whats on the wall at your local shop at the time that the buyer goes in, which has more to do with the skate shop owners' taste and the distribution they use than the taste of your local skaters.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #359 on: July 15, 2021, 08:32:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well as a fan of Logan's videos, and Cyrus, Max, Hugo & Aaron, I'm completely down. I bought 917 boards because I liked the videos and the team, not because of Alex Olson, if Logan can bottle up what made 917 great and have his own thing going, it's gonna do well.

I see more Frog clothing out in the wild than the boards, but it's a still widely popular brand where I am, and it's usually the younger crowd aka the key demographic.