Author Topic: Zion of Nike  (Read 36400 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
Re: Zion of Nike
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2021, 06:22:44 PM »
goddamn

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2021, 06:24:21 PM »

Vans' Global ECD said this was first try. Like damn.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2021, 07:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans is hard to put black skaters as emerica and toy.

I know vans has a few, but in a team of 30 skaters like 3 black dudes.
[close]

Ray, Chima, Glick, Pfanner, JHenry, and Beatrice are the only Black skaters on vans
49 skaters listed on the team page, ~12% of the team is Black
[close]

I think you interpreted his Ancestry.com results incorrectly
[close]

I'm on one, you hella right
[close]
Haha if Glick can get in there, Tyson is half and should be on the list.

Vans has definitely been slipping on sponsoring black skaters, even when counting people who were once on: TK, Darrell, Kader...can't think of anyone else.
[close]
Shows how young you kids are. Bastien Salabanzi had a pro shoe for Vans and is probably one of the best shoes they ever made.

That was such a nice shoe the one with the headphones picture right? Had the navy ones with white stripe, loved them
listen to cosmic psychos

doublesteveburger

« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2021, 07:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans is hard to put black skaters as emerica and toy.

I know vans has a few, but in a team of 30 skaters like 3 black dudes.
[close]

Ray, Chima, Glick, Pfanner, JHenry, and Beatrice are the only Black skaters on vans
49 skaters listed on the team page, ~12% of the team is Black
[close]

I think you interpreted his Ancestry.com results incorrectly
[close]

I'm on one, you hella right
[close]
Haha if Glick can get in there, Tyson is half and should be on the list.

Vans has definitely been slipping on sponsoring black skaters, even when counting people who were once on: TK, Darrell, Kader...can't think of anyone else.
[close]
Shows how young you kids are. Bastien Salabanzi had a pro shoe for Vans and is probably one of the best shoes they ever made.
[close]

That was such a nice shoe the one with the headphones picture right? Had the navy ones with white stripe, loved them

The Vans Tag was a great fucking shoe.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

as insane as this is, i don’t see anyone wanting to try this twice.

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2021, 10:05:01 PM »
Crucify me Slap, but i'll definitely be tuned into the Olympics. A gold medal for Zion in Park and for Dashawn in Street would be extremely sick.
Unfortunately Jagger beat out Dashawn for an Olympics spot. Would’ve liked to see Dashawn or Jamie in there instead of Jaggof.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2021, 10:24:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I remember his tricks on that curved 20 rail in the first Am Scramble were reported first try (as was that burly back at the end of Dylan Witkin’s most recent Foundation part)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2021, 10:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I remember his tricks on that curved 20 rail in the first Am Scramble were reported first try (as was that burly back at the end of Dylan Witkin’s most recent Foundation part)
i had to go and look at what you were talking about. that’s so gnarly.i completely forgot he was even in the first am scramble.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2021, 02:50:20 AM »
The front feeble? There's footage of him trying that quite a few times somewhere

Edit - 8:32

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2021, 06:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crucify me Slap, but i'll definitely be tuned into the Olympics. A gold medal for Zion in Park and for Dashawn in Street would be extremely sick.
[close]
dude we’ll all be watching. this is literally insane that skating will be in the olympics.
[close]

Is it?   It’s a skateboarding contest that’ll be on TV.   That hasn’t been that shocking of a thing since the start of the XGames in what 96?    And I’m sure it got national exposure in the 80s. 

Now if you said it’s insane breakdancing will be in the Olympics like it will be next time, then I’m on board
[close]

It’s probably a big deal to sports fans who have been conditioned to believe that certain events are incredibly important. As a non sports fan, the olympics is just another competition I have no interest in.
[close]

Sports are stupid.
[close]
im not a sports fan, nor am i a street league/xgames/whatever else is out there fan, but it’s the fucking olympics.  if we weren’t somewhat interested, it wouldn’t be one of the most talked about things up here, but it is and so that to me seems like we’re all a little curious and you’d be lying if you said we weren’t gonna at least try to watch it.

No, I wouldn't be. I have no intention of watching it and am only interested because it's unfortunately tied to a thing I love and I'm curious to see how it's going to effect the industry in the long term

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #310 on: July 13, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
The front feeble? There's footage of him trying that quite a few times somewhere

Edit - 8:32

Maybe it was Tyson’s trick on it.  I remember the caption said first try on that rail.   

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #311 on: July 13, 2021, 12:20:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Unfortunately Jagger beat out Dashawn for an Olympics spot. Would’ve liked to see Dashawn or Jamie in there instead of Jaggof.

If Jagger gets food poisoning from his Chipotle burrito Jamie Foy will skate in his place. God can only hope there's salmonella over there