Author Topic: Zion of Nike  (Read 36905 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
Re: Zion of Nike
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2021, 06:17:32 PM »
I’ve been wondering this for a while and I have to know
Why do you all have that one Bruce Willis picture
It does my head in
listen to cosmic psychos

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2021, 06:19:06 PM »
It does my head in
Because Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie of all time
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »
It does my head in

It’s one of those stock photo avatar options when you create an account.  The David Spade one is another you see a lot.  It’s a good Red Flag

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is quite surprising. Maybe he wanted to go to a less bloated team so he could be more of a focus.
[close]
honestly i could be wrong but, i’m assuming this is just one of the cuts that nike is rumored to be making. i can’t really think of one person that has left nike by choice, especially someone riding for red bull who doesn’t mind being deemed a “sell out” there’s absolutely no reason you would quit nike if you are honest about being apart of skateboarding partially for the check, i think the way he worded himself was probably to avoid the honest “i got the boot” and make it sound like it was his choice, this is just my assumption though with absolutely no backing evidence  :)
[close]

Dylan left Nike by choice. Legend.

Dylan wasn’t fully on Nike, just like Neen wasn’t when he left for Supra. There hasn’t been a single skater who was officially on Nike SB who quit, they were all cut. It’s cool to fantasize that Dylan was given a contract and told them to fuck off, but that’s just not true.

Now that you’re back, you wanna tell us what the “real story” was? Or are you still ducking that question?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:32:05 PM by Matthew_James »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
Some dumb asses in here really think he got kicked off hahahaha
Y’all just gotta admit that you don’t like black people ::)

Black ain’t got nothing to do w/ it, we all just have common sense in knowing that pro skateboarders aren’t gonna leave the best paying shoe sponsor in the game bc there’s no lateral move to make (let alone a better one). Every other situation would be a downgrade from Nike, at least from a financial standpoint. And no, there’s no other company like Reebok who are gonna make a new skate program where he’s heading it off from the jump.

Zion is a conventionally good skateboarder with garbage style and no personality, maybe that has something to do with it?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote
It does my head in
[close]

It’s one of those stock photo avatar options when you create an account.  The David Spade one is another you see a lot.  It’s a good Red Flag

Thanks mate
listen to cosmic psychos

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2021, 08:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is quite surprising. Maybe he wanted to go to a less bloated team so he could be more of a focus.
[close]
honestly i could be wrong but, i’m assuming this is just one of the cuts that nike is rumored to be making. i can’t really think of one person that has left nike by choice, especially someone riding for red bull who doesn’t mind being deemed a “sell out” there’s absolutely no reason you would quit nike if you are honest about being apart of skateboarding partially for the check, i think the way he worded himself was probably to avoid the honest “i got the boot” and make it sound like it was his choice, this is just my assumption though with absolutely no backing evidence  :)
[close]

Dylan left Nike by choice. Legend.
[close]

Dylan wasn’t fully on Nike, just like Neen wasn’t when he left for Supra. There hasn’t been a single skater who was officially on Nike SB who quit, they were all cut. It’s cool to fantasize that Dylan was given a contract and told them to fuck off, but that’s just not true.

Now that you’re back, you wanna tell us what the “real story” was? Or are you still ducking that question?

Sorry but Dylan was on Nike. Getting paid and had an ad in all the mags. Then he quit shortly after. But he was on.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2021, 08:43:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Just saw Skateline (that dude is his homie) and he was hinting that Nike kicked Zion off.
[close]

What did he say ?

alot, he's a motor mouth, just watch on thrasher

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2021, 12:56:17 AM »
Brink most probly got him on Ellen. He's Marketing / Merchandise Director for USA Skateboarding.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2021, 02:55:42 AM »
Lol he was defo kicked off.

Wonder what he did.

Unless Rogers is bullshiting

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
It does my head in
[close]

I am honestly just a big David Spade fan, and to be fair its just a great headshot of one of the finest comedic actors to ever grace a screen.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 10
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2021, 06:18:07 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think I remember Reese Forbes quitting to do Quiksilver shoes and that just never got off the ground.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2021, 07:40:36 AM »
http://www.xgames.com/action/skateboarding/article/5651191/reese-forbes-talks-leaving-nike-sb-kickstart-quiksilver-skate-shoes

Wait.. In the second to last paragraph Reese says his board brand Stacks will feature Sebo and Cameo is that a typo and it was meant for Quiksilver? Sebo of Krooked?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2021, 07:49:59 AM »

Wait.. In the second to last paragraph Reese says his board brand Stacks will feature Sebo and Cameo is that a typo and it was meant for Quiksilver? Sebo of Krooked?

It's an article from 2010 ya dingus.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2021, 07:57:27 AM »

My homey; check that publish date!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2021, 08:13:05 AM »

You of 2021.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2021, 08:44:15 AM »

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »
Has caruima announced him yet? anyone in LA seen him skating the berrics shoe? I really need to know

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2021, 08:53:20 AM »
yeah there's not exactly a way to quietly walk out of this one so i'll take my ribbing lol. I read everything but the publish date. This was right around the time in high school my parents forced me to pick sports over skating and I stopped following the industry right after Fully flare came out this was not on my radar.

themeangreen

• Rep: -76
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »
yeah there's not exactly a way to quietly walk out of this one so i'll take my ribbing lol. I read everything but the publish date. This was right around the time in high school my parents forced me to pick sports over skating and I stopped following the industry right after Fully flare came out this was not on my radar.

All good thanks for the laugh! I actually had to go back and look at the date again myself.

It's a pipe dream but Nyjah is currently in heat for hosting parties during the stay at home order, if he's officially charged, could he could be dropped from the corpo who doesn't care about slave laborers but could (possibly) make a stance on people spreading the 'Rona? Again a pipe dream, not like Nike has cut anyone in any other major sports for spreading the virus so far and not too many people have officially been charged with having "super spreader" parties during an international pandemic where over 2.5 million people have died. What the charge would be? A fine? Would Nike really kick someone with as much of a following as Nyjah? Probably not.

If Zion got the boot does this have anything to do with bitch boy Robert Neil crying on Instagram about Zion and some other dudes spreading the Corona. Zion fits Nike and their image very well, there has been a lot of less productive dudes more under the rader who have stayed on Nike for a lot longer. If what Skateline said was true, what else could've happened for him to get kicked off if the Olympic team isn't set for sure yet?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »
Has caruima announced him yet? anyone in LA seen him skating the berrics shoe? I really need to know

He would fit their asshole vibe perfectly to be fair.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2021, 09:51:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I honestly cant see him on another brand, caruima fits better than nike did. Its really a missed opportunity if they dont jump on this

themeangreen

• Rep: -76
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I honestly cant see him on another brand, caruima fits better than nike did. Its really a missed opportunity if they dont jump on this

yes absolutely

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »
just seems like Busenitz was right not wanting Zion on the team

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2021, 11:13:47 AM »
where is this info from?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where is this info from?

I vaguely remember reading that.

I mean c'mon ... Would you blame him. Little brostyle twerp doesn't fit the vibe at all..

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2021, 11:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
where is this info from?
[close]

I mean c'mon ... Would you blame him. Little brostyle twerp doesn't fit the vibe at all..
on real??? that's kind of the team's entire vibe. busenitz is the outlier at this point

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2021, 12:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
where is this info from?
[close]

[close]
on real??? that's kind of the team's entire vibe. busenitz is the outlier at this point

Ya think?

I'm not saying your wrong but I mean they have Tanner, dennis, Lintell, manchina and Ishod to balance out the gimps.

I be delighted if they axed Zion and Kyle

SourPatch MOY

• Rep: -30
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:52 PM »
Dude is super fucking Gnarl’s on the toy. Maybe his time us up