Author Topic: Sopranos show appreciation  (Read 4062 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
Re: Sopranos show appreciation
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2021, 03:48:05 PM »

Some of these "video essays" lack, but this one was pretty profound to consider if you didn't watch Sopranos REAL time as it debuted. Basically, Tony crawled/walked/died so that every other TV anti-hero could exist later.

I wish the lord would take me now

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2021, 09:20:19 PM »
Man, literally started rewatching this again lately with my sister, who has never seen it all. I love the fact that every time you come back to the series, it’s like all of your thoughts and feelings about every character and their actions changes over the years. When I was a kid, it was all Tony for me. Nowadays, I find myself really connecting with Christopher, and grown to appreciate more of the other characters I may not have had too much an opinion on like Bobby B., Artie and Carmella. Tony Blundetto will always be in the top as well, for my money.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:33:12 PM by Kaiju Foster »

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2021, 04:01:23 PM »
Watched the many saints of Newark movie, sad to say it I wasn’t thrilled about it. Yeah I could’ve been better or maybe they’re just trying to introduce a subsequent series of movies within the Sopranos backstory exclusively on HBO Max idk? Either way it was good but too condescended to make a stand alone movie.
Dueces Bitch's

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2021, 12:33:16 AM »
Just got out of the prequel film in theaters. 6.5 out of 10.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2021, 01:21:03 AM »
It’s bad you know
listen to cosmic psychos

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2021, 12:42:52 AM »
The movie sucked.

I really disliked Ray Liotta's performance, now he just plays his Copland character over and over. It's like he's just being himself: a grumpy, old, washed-up racist, and the roles he accepts just fit his personal 'character'. And I love him in Goodfellas, it's one of the best performances of any actor ever, but now he just seems a bit too sour all the time.

It makes me cringe in these type of prequels when they do things like put Junior in the official "Junior" glasses like I'm supposed to be excited about that?

James Gandolfini's son did a decent job, but c'mon, those are huge shoes to fill and the kid wasn't up to it, sorry to say. It's an almost impossible task, it probably shouldn't have been attempted.

And Christopher narrating the movie from the grave? What the fuck?!

Granted I barely played attention to this movie while I watched it (I was cooking dinner) but it was pretty bad.