Author Topic: Maité Steenhoudt pro part  (Read 6431 times)

Sexytoes69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Maité Steenhoudt pro part
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:31:44 AM »

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: Maité Steenhoudt pro part
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:40:52 AM »
someone is too cool for school over here

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:56:18 AM »
Goofy AND kooky.
You kids are crazy.

Now, get the fuck off my lawn.

UnitedDairyFarmer

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 11:00:41 AM »
Probably one of the most annoying videos I've ever watched. No one's that weird and having that much fun. I wish skate videos would honestly just go back to primarily skateboarding.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
Wow that was painful to watch.
Some of the skate was ok tho

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 11:18:34 AM »
I thought it was awesome! Some people are just hyper and kinda weird I'm not sure why it was so painful. I was entertained and there was cool spots and some cool skating. The fake peeing like a boy was funny

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »
I can confirm she really is like that.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 11:34:47 AM »
Someone needs to make one of these but for Maite, though I kinda feel like her skating is a parody of itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNROI-wmPo

Wacky waving flailing arms inflatable tube Maite.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:52:27 AM by BugleBites »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
I enjoyed the skating in here

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »
There's a lot going on here.  Seems like some weird European humor I don't quite get.  That no-comply pole jam towards the end was interesting.

Mantis tabogin

• Rep: -7
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 11:45:23 AM »
i dont know if anyone else would agree...

Not trying to sexist or whatever but i thought Male females, trans are supposed to equals in life and skating, but clearly we are not it seems to me that female and trans skaters get a free pass with putting out sub par footy and shitty little park, flatground clips on insta (clips i would be embarrased to post) and they have a laundry list of sponsors i mean cmon skating is a marketing scheme nowdays

For a Male skater been in these streets for years filming multiple parts not the gnarliest but still ight, your still not getting hooked up, not that i care to get hooked up i just see its way harder for males to boxes these days

michael scarn

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
Ngl I'm not a fan. At all. Her "style" comes off as so forced, like she's trying to skate extra loose on purpose.

I also don't find her antics funny.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 11:57:40 AM »

Not trying to sexist or whatever but i thought Male females, trans are supposed to equals in life and skating, but clearly we are not it seems to me that female and trans skaters get a free pass with putting out sub par footy and shitty little park, flatground clips on insta (clips i would be embarrased to post) and they have a laundry list of sponsors i mean cmon skating is a marketing scheme nowdays

For a Male skater been in these streets for years filming multiple parts not the gnarliest but still ight, your still not getting hooked up, not that i care to get hooked up i just see its way harder for males to boxes these days

Sponsored skating is not about how good you are, it's about how much potential you have to move product. You gotta be interesting and marketable to whatever your target fanbase could be. There's so much potential in girl skaters as a market that it's perfectly understandable they get hooked up easier than guys.

buns out

• Rep: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 12:10:35 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with her arms?

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »

Have you been in a coma for 10 years? Curious how this clip in particular made you sad for the mens

BugleBites

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sponsored skating is not about how good you are if you're female or part of another niche group, it's about how much potential you have to move product, and making the brand seem progressive. You gotta be marketable to whatever your target fanbase could be. There's so much potential in girl skaters as a market that it's perfectly understandable they get hooked up easier than guys.

Fixed for accuracy.  ;)

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 12:58:15 PM »
wasn't really tryna watch a 12-minute pro part from a skater i don't follow too much, but i couldn't stop watching. i feel like i was on one while watching. this girl is fucked up in all sorts of ways! holy shit haha. entertaining, eccentric (kinda like knox or jereme) and creative. lost it at the sax. great acting. there's some safety hands and a little bit of headache filming but damn.. good shit. definitely not a boring video part.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

ballintoohard

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 01:07:39 PM »
she dresses identical to the Mormon's I grew up with that had to wear late 90's baggy men's clothes to appear more modest.

aŕáâäćăĺ

• Rep: -2
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2021, 01:10:31 PM »
This kind of made my day. A girl’s having fun and skateboarding.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2021, 01:36:18 PM »

Would kook if I could.  There isn't even one woman per skate company.  Spots are way more limited.  Flip through the new Thrasher.  Bet it's still 90% dudes.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »
The skating was great and the skits didn't really work but this thread is doodie.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 01:41:56 PM »
Safety Hands 101

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »
Reminded me of the intro to this part  ;)

https://youtu.be/_SH1DdtvxLA
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2021, 02:27:03 PM »
Looks like someone smoked a lot of weed before filming a video, I love it. That invert at the 6 minutes was really cool.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 03:10:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Sponsored skating is not about how good you are if you're female or part of another niche group, it's about how much potential you have to move product, and making the brand seem progressive. You gotta be marketable to whatever your target fanbase could be. There's so much potential in girl skaters as a market that it's perfectly understandable they get hooked up easier than guys.
[close]

Fixed for accuracy.  ;)

It's baffling how many people don't understand this stuff.

I liked what Matt Price said recently in an interview with B&H. He was saying skateboarding likes to pretend it exists outside of capitalism, like it's some bohemian industry or pasttime, when in reality everything a professional does it tied to a brand, or some kind of marketing. It's the most capitalist shit ever. When you put a sticker on your board or shoot an ad for a brand or wear a logo on your hat it's all advertising, but there's a tendency to pretend it's not.

Half the world is female. Half of the upcoming Olympic skateboarders will be female. That's a massive market to be tapped into. Your actual ability on a skateboard is only part of your marketability; when young girls get into skateboarding there's a much higher chance they'll look up to Maite or Nora than to Nyjah or Yuto. Of course a brand like Adidas is going to tap into that.

Skateboarding has been male-dominated for so long that every male skateboarder seems to think every skater is meant to be 'for them'. Someone like Maite, sure, plenty of guys will like her skating, but she's going to appeal much more to a young female skateboarder. Nike's Gizmo video copped a lot of flack for being 'sub par' in some of the skateboarding skill, but how massive is an all-female video to a young girl who just started skating? Not all skating is for you, the 25 year old man.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2021, 03:31:57 PM »
Creativity, style, and fun. Loved this video, even if the skits aren't up your alley their short and basically just b roll,  don't understand the hate at all. Maite is like a female Jamal Smith IMO

BugleBites

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2021, 03:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fixed for accuracy.  ;)
[close]

It's baffling how many people don't understand this stuff.

I liked what Matt Price said recently in an interview with B&H. He was saying skateboarding likes to pretend it exists outside of capitalism, like it's some bohemian industry or pasttime, when in reality everything a professional does it tied to a brand, or some kind of marketing. It's the most capitalist shit ever. When you put a sticker on your board or shoot an ad for a brand or wear a logo on your hat it's all advertising, but there's a tendency to pretend it's not.

Half the world is female. Half of the upcoming Olympic skateboarders will be female. That's a massive market to be tapped into. Your actual ability on a skateboard is only part of your marketability; when young girls get into skateboarding there's a much higher chance they'll look up to Maite or Nora than to Nyjah or Yuto. Of course a brand like Adidas is going to tap into that.

Skateboarding has been male-dominated for so long that every male skateboarder seems to think every skater is meant to be 'for them'. Someone like Maite, sure, plenty of guys will like her skating, but she's going to appeal much more to a young female skateboarder. Nike's Gizmo video copped a lot of flack for being 'sub par' in some of the skateboarding skill, but how massive is an all-female video to a young girl who just started skating? Not all skating is for you, the 25 year old man.

It seems you thought I was disagreeing with the statement I quoted, but I was just adding the fine print. I'm not the least bit upset about female skaters getting their shine.

autisticskaterkowabunga

• Rep: -30
  • im a gay bitch
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 04:40:22 PM »
so cool to see more autistic pros  8) 8) 8)

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2021, 04:59:26 PM »
That thumbnail had me thinking master p meets limp bizkit. 
I made it almost 3 minutes.  I kept waiting for the joke to be over and the real video to start.  If I wanted to watch mediocre tricks and annoying skits I would have instagram and tiktok. 

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 05:47:35 PM »
I don't know what the problem with her skating is tbh. I'm not going to pretend I get the humour of the skits but they look like they're having fun doing them. Maybe it didn't need so many of them as I thought her skating spoke for itself.