24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAPís COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 3264 times)

Lloyd Braun and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Algar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: SLAPís COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2021, 06:55:47 AM »
Hey folks,  Iíll chime in here on what I hope to be doing to get my weight down.  First eliminate beer, second I am going to track calories with a plan of losing 1 1/2 lbs a week (using the loseit app).  Third I am going to get some substantial activity everyday, weather it is skating, biking to work or whatever, also on days where the weather sucks Iíll probability work out in my basement.

Hopefully with the weather getting nicer getting out, being more active will be pretty natural. Also without drinking Iím a lot more active as drinking just straight up makes me lazy, weather itís being a bit hung the following day, sitting around in the afternoon/evening drinking, not getting bored to the point where I do something instead of sit around with a beer.

Finally my wife got a new bike and has been pretty ambitious and so Iíll probably be doing some longer rides which will help, we went for a 45 mile ride yesterday and she wants to do more.

Best of luck to you all!

jamersonbass

• Rep: 32
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2021, 07:13:42 AM »
Hey folks,  Iíll chime in here on what I hope to be doing to get my weight down.  First eliminate beer, second I am going to track calories with a plan of losing 1 1/2 lbs a week (using the loseit app).  Third I am going to get some substantial activity everyday, weather it is skating, biking to work or whatever, also on days where the weather sucks Iíll probability work out in my basement.

Hopefully with the weather getting nicer getting out, being more active will be pretty natural. Also without drinking Iím a lot more active as drinking just straight up makes me lazy, weather itís being a bit hung the following day, sitting around in the afternoon/evening drinking, not getting bored to the point where I do something instead of sit around with a beer.

Finally my wife got a new bike and has been pretty ambitious and so Iíll probably be doing some longer rides which will help, we went for a 45 mile ride yesterday and she wants to do more.

Best of luck to you all!

Good shit!  Where are you based out of?  I'm in MI, and we've had a few teases to Spring.  I've been out on my board 3 times over the last 5 or 6 weeks, and every time besides pushing and cruising, I feel like I haven't had enough reps to flip my board yet.  Looking forward to more consistent weather.

That said, I'm down about 5lbs at the moment, and the new job has my legs getting back under me.

listentoaheartbeat

• Rep: 51
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2021, 10:52:42 AM »
Been consistently under 100 kg for a few days now, which has been sort of a barrier for at least a decade. Down 22 lbs since end of December. A rather slow process, however I am trying to lose weight in a way that will be sustainable in the long run. Never managed to sustain weight loss from more radical approaches, old habits were too tempting.

My skating is already benefiting a lot at this point. Skated 3-4 h sessions on four out of the last five days, which just wouldnít have been possible before. What surprises me most though is how it changes the way I move and keep my balance. I thought it would mostly give me the ability to jump higher, but everything feels smoother and more controlled at the same time. Keep it up everyone!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2021, 09:13:48 AM »

Best of luck to you all!

I track with lose it, I highly recommend that app but tracking in general is huge. Really makes you think how much youíre taking in and how to make decisions about what to take in a little better. That alone will be a huge help.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -197
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2021, 11:42:13 AM »
I pulled a muscle on my rib cage last week and gained 4 pounds back >..<
Iím a fat Siamese cat.

Algar

• Rep: 13
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2021, 05:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote

Best of luck to you all!
[close]

Good shit!  Where are you based out of?  I'm in MI, and we've had a few teases to Spring.  I've been out on my board 3 times over the last 5 or 6 weeks, and every time besides pushing and cruising, I feel like I haven't had enough reps to flip my board yet.  Looking forward to more consistent weather.

That said, I'm down about 5lbs at the moment, and the new job has my legs getting back under me.

Yeah, WI here so northern Midwest as well, although I am in the southern part of the state so weíve had at least a handful of nice days.

My buddy asked me to join his rec league softball as they were short one person, itís pretty laid back sounding and should be fun to try something new so Iím stoked on that and it should help me stay active even if I get burned out on skating or biking which definitely happens at points

Bunk Moreland

• Rep: -14
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:13 PM »
I feel like thereís some outside force constantly undoing any progress I make. Like itís totally me having no self control to turn things down, but Iíd rather blame other people. Today, I rode 40km fixed gear, ended the ride with 2 beers. Came home, Chinese lunch with the in-laws. Oh, they brought a delicious Bundt cake.

A guy I work with eats every other day. His fasting day he drinks coffee and bone broth to get by. He lost 70. I donít have that willpower and honestly it sounds horrible.

listentoaheartbeat

• Rep: 51
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2021, 10:57:03 PM »
I feel like thereís some outside force constantly undoing any progress I make. Like itís totally me having no self control to turn things down, but Iíd rather blame other people. Today, I rode 40km fixed gear, ended the ride with 2 beers. Came home, Chinese lunch with the in-laws. Oh, they brought a delicious Bundt cake.

A guy I work with eats every other day. His fasting day he drinks coffee and bone broth to get by. He lost 70. I donít have that willpower and honestly it sounds horrible.

I wasnít able to lose weight for exactly this reason. None of the radical diets or fasting worked. Or if they did, Iíd bounce back in no time. Counting calories using an app did the trick for me. Itís a bit of an effort and nothing Iíd want to do forever, but for a limited time itís great. Even after a few weeks itís so revealing. For instance, I suspect the day you describe might be totally fine. Physical activities require a lot of energy. Itís when we donít move that we eat too much, especially if we want to lose weight. A beer is compensated by a 30 min walk, so there are always options to form habits that enable other habits.

S.

• Rep: 42
    • Fotos
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2021, 02:26:58 AM »
Ok, I was totally lying to myself. I had to go to the doctor for a new job and he weighed me. At 6 foot I am almost 200 pounds. Thatís too heavy even though I feel I am in good shape right now. My pants fit oK and I work out twice a week plus I have been skating about three times per week. I think my prison home Workouts have really contributed to the weight gain as I have packed on extra muscle in my upper body. I will try to relax a bit with the dips and pull ups and I will do some portion control to cut some weight. And: no more beers, just white wine from now on.

A little less than 190 would be ideal for me. I am kind of a wide dude. At 6 foot tall that is not ideal for skating.

NorthShore

• Rep: 1
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2021, 09:13:52 AM »
Down to 229 from 245 today. Still some way to go but think I found a formula.

No booze, low carb, mixed exercise like battle ropes, slam ball and core strength training.

Also, and I totally underestimated, getting up from my desk in the morning at 10am and getting a 15 min bike ride and a 10 minute core class in. Sitting all day is so damaging.

How's everyone else doing?

Fhk hu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
Down 5 lbs just by skating almost everyday for the last couple weeks. I haven't really changed anything else, but now that the ball is rolling I might cut out booze.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2021, 10:28:05 AM »
Heading into the week I was down 7 lbs with wind in my sales, but I was able to gain back 5 lbs since Last Sunday, which is amazingóweigh in before Easter dinner. I mean, I ate a good amount because Saturday because my father visited so I made a roast chicken with mashed potatoes and apple pie with Ben and Jerryís vanilla ice cream. IĎm pretty sure itís a false flag because I havenít eaten that rich since Easter Sunday. If I am by myself I donít eat that much but Iím a social eater and drinkeróalthough I havenít had beer since the summer cause I donít buy or drink beer at home. My biggest problem is if there is food available I can eat and eat and not feel full and psychologically I was raised, as many of you were, to do so as a show of respect to the people at the table. Or in a drinking setting I feel I have to match or outpace the people who I am drinking with. In my head consuming large amount of food or alcohol in a social setting puts the people I am with at ease and makes them feel happy I am there and is a sign of respect to the event. I know this is totally a learned behavior but I feel like as soon as I am put into these social situations I canít help but to eat and drink more than I need to. Iím sure Iíll be back down at next weeks weight in but just wanted to share something Iím sure many of you can relate to.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2021, 03:15:01 PM »
@GardenSkater77 bro of course sometimes I just sit and eat too, seriously who doesnít love eating

Depends on what tastes you like but sometimes just cut up a tomato with salt and pepper and just eat it straight up. Sometimes I eat a whole bunch of them that way or even a shit tonne of salad. But I have always liked veggies

Carrots are good too cut up so appears to be more than there is you could dip them in something

Or even popcorn just make it on stove and no butter or not a lot of butter. Still way less calories than the packet ones

Unsalted nuts too?
listen to cosmic psychos

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
 we don't have a scale here but I'm slimming the fuck up. I've loosely followed the idea of intermittent fasting, not eating between 10pm and 2pm 5 days per week, with the 2pm thing really being between 12pm-2pm. The other 2 days, I usually do the same thing but sometimes it's nice to get a hooked up breakfast burrito or bagel. Other than this, I've paid attention to how much sugar and dairy I'm taking in.

Before my partner and I started living together about 3 years ago I very rarely bought snacks, dairy products, or cooked elaborate meals. She on the other hand likes to have at sweet snack every night, drinks milk, eats bread, eats cheese, eat late, etc. I never really did that until we cohabited. Pretty much rice, beans, lentils, veggies, tortilla for years, never really eating breakfast or a big dinner. So the past couple months I've mostly gotten back to my old ways. It's kinda weird but other than staples (rice, grains, spices, seasonings) and vegetables, we started buying separate groceries to cater to the way we like to eat individually. It's like if there's a bag of cookies or something, I have a hard time not eating it, but if it's not mine, I don't touch it. Pretty sweet deal.
stay high, lay low

TheBoognish

• Rep: 39
« Reply #134 on: Today at 06:36:30 AM »
Iíve always hated working out, basically the only excercise I ever did were skateboarding, BJJ and hiking.

However, something weird has happened in the last 3 weeks or so: I started messing around with kettlebells, and Iím really starting to like it. Right now my lower back is still a bit messed up and gyms are closed, so I canít skate or do BJJ. Trails are full of people so hiking kinda sucks right now.

Never thought Iíd like weightlifting, but here we are. Itís 9:30 am right now and canít wait to get home from work and work out. My core and upper back are starting to feel a bit stronger, so my lower back feels  better and Iím finally starting to have a good posture. Might feel confident enough to start skating again by the end of the month.

Also, Iíve been stretching for an hour everyday, whether I worked out or not. I can finally touch my toes with both hands without issues, something Iíve never really been able to do. The days I donít do KB are the days I ride my stationary bike (i still despise running), so Iím always active.

Not gonna lie, if it wasnít for this thread, my Kettlebell would have stayed right where it was: in the closet collecting dust and Iíd be getting baked eating Doritos drinking IPAís.

Iím not going to let this third lockdown get the better of me !