24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 13987 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »
Expand Quote
i didnt need to lose weight but I wanted to get healthier last fall.

im 6'2" and 185 down from 193.

I skip breakfast.  if im starving ill eat a banana and protein bar (160 calories)

I eat the same lunch every day. 
- 6 carrots
- 6 triscuits
- 2 tbs of hummus
- handful of almonds
- a handful of sweet potato chips
- an apple

for dinner its literally a protein of my choice, rice/quinoa, and a big helping of green/orange/yellow veggies with a sauce of some kind. 

I don't eat dairy anymore, no chips, no candy bars, no gummy snacks, anything fried (90% of the time..i fuck with fries or tots sometimes), no bread really, no sweets except dark chocolate or some dried fruit.

i drink 3-4 liters of water a day.

I lost 8 pounds and I feel AMAZING.  I also still drink 2-3 beers a day which im working on....

should I eat more? probably...but Im using this time to sort of reset my body and figure out what shit bothers me, triggers GI issues, makes me feel bloated or tired, etc. So eventually I'll obviously up my calories for lunch.

you literally have to just not eat as much, watch what goes into your mouth, think about the benefits vs destruction of what that food will do.

be active 4-5 times a week for 30 min.

its worked for me.  calorie counting and mindfulness is all you need.

my poops are god tier! and that's coming from someone who has dealt with serious IBS for 10 years.
[close]

Don’t take my word for it, but I think you’re drinking way too much water.  3-4 liters is an insane amount unless you’re in the desert.    Clear pee isn’t the ideal and you could be flushing out needed nutrients and what not.

If you feel good that is great. If you feel you need to eat more have a salad for lunch and spinach with dinner. I had stomach problems until I discovered I was mildly lactose intolerant. If I had the answers I would be in shape but I’m basically trying to cut out ice cream, pretzels, potato chips, sugar cereals, etc, etc. I don’t drink alcohol unless I am at a family event and I’m only having soda with Friday pizza. My goal is to, like you said, eat better and stop grazing. Exhibit some self control as my old man would say as I was eat Doritos (R.I.P.) before dinner.

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »
I've been injured and put on some weight while losing most all of my muscle so I'm going to try to lose 15 lbs and gain some strength.

Can we talk a little bit about the common body dysmorphia that can accompany skateboarding? How many of us feel ashamed about our bodies if we're not super skinny? I want to give a loving shout out to Fred Gall and Andrew Allen as body positive examples of fellow full figured skaters. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZ-LSp2xXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvXOf4KdXo

Much love!

Franky Villani and Jamie Foy are making shure full bodied skaters have someone to look up to in this generation of skateboarding superstars!

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I've been injured and put on some weight while losing most all of my muscle so I'm going to try to lose 15 lbs and gain some strength.

Can we talk a little bit about the common body dysmorphia that can accompany skateboarding? How many of us feel ashamed about our bodies if we're not super skinny? I want to give a loving shout out to Fred Gall and Andrew Allen as body positive examples of fellow full figured skaters. <3

[close]

Much love!

Franky Villani and Jamie Foy are making shure full bodied skaters have someone to look up to in this generation of skateboarding superstars!

No love for Booby Worrest?
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2021, 03:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Much love!

[close]

LOVE for Franky and Bobby <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VIESSKkYk&t=158s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcGSw0giUMI

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2021, 04:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Much love!

[close]

[close]

I wouldn’t even consider them (plus prime Wenning) full figured necessarily, at least not all.  What the big difference is that most skaters are short and wiry, these skaters are just a bit more broad than fat or chubby. 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Much love!

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wouldn’t even consider them (plus prime Wenning) full figured necessarily, at least not all.  What the big difference is that most skaters are short and wiry, these skaters are just a bit more broad than fat or chubby.

@Atiba Applebum yeah maybe not Bobby but if someone wants to celebrate him clearly I'm not gonna say no.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2021, 01:28:38 PM »
I weighed 199 a couple days ago. At my heaviest I was 240 but lost weight in 2018 or 19, idr when exactly. I eventually gained some back and got up to like 208 but it would be awesome if I could get down to 180. I haven’t weighed under 200 since highschool.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Fhk

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »
Haven't changed a thing and ironically haven't lost a pound. How you homies doing so far?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2021, 03:47:00 PM »
Down 15 lbs in 2 weeks so far. Intermittent fasting and calorie deficit. I also walk about 12 miles a day at work.

Not the healthiest method, I’m aware. But once I get close to target I’ll clean it up.

Weather is going to break soon and the clocks just flipped so I’ll have more time to skate and cycle after work which will give me more calories to eat better.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Fhk

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:03 PM »
Down 15 lbs in 2 weeks so far. Intermittent fasting and calorie deficit. I also walk about 12 miles a day at work.

Not the healthiest method, I’m aware. But once I get close to target I’ll clean it up.

Weather is going to break soon and the clocks just flipped so I’ll have more time to skate and cycle after work which will give me more calories to eat better.
Hell yeah now that's motivation!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »

I'd been intermittent fasting for a few months but, even when I was still running, it wasn't incredibly effective until I recently began watching calories. I don't have a scale, but the love handles are dropping away quick as fuck over the past couple weeks. good for you on the 12 miles. that's a haul!!!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »
Haven't changed a thing and ironically haven't lost a pound. How you homies doing so far?
It’s only been 6 days since I posted in this thread but I just stepped on the scale and weigh 195.5.
I haven’t been doing much different except doing 20 min of dumbbell arm exercises after work and wearing 2 pound wrist weights while I’m at work.
I don’t eat breakfast. I drink a bang and take some blood flow supplements that are for sexual support but I find they just help me with energy during the day. I might have a little snack like a bag of chips and a soda while I’m at work. I’ve been buying dried pork sausages and eating a couple before I do my short arm workout so I have a little protein in me. I typically only eat dinner as my 1 meal of the day.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2021, 04:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Impressive. I’m at 3 lb loss and I basically just stopped eating after 5 PM and not eating junk food. Also been taking my cruiser out to the store if I only need to pick up an item or two.  I am in a good mental space to make a lifestyle change.

If I didn’t have skateboarding I wouldn’t care but I feel like we all do something that almost none of the adults we know could even come close, so even though I now suck in our world I rule in their’s, so I won’t stop until it hurts too much. This is my moment to set the clock back.

Who’s with me? Let’s fuckin’ gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How’s that for a locker room speech?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2021, 04:32:10 PM »
I downloaded this app called “lose it” I’m sure there are other similar ones. I can set a goal of how much I want to lose and it lays out a calorie max for the day to lose it with no effort and then with my Apple Watch tracking steps I can earn extra calories on top of that.

The 12 miles at work happens regardless I was just eating too many calories and staying at that weight so by being calorie deficient it’s just falling off.

And I’m in the reply screen on mobile and can’t see your username but to the person said they were fasting and running your body was probably going into preservation mode. You were burning a ton of calories running but not putting anything back so it was holding onto everything inside where nutrients were going to come from.

When I’m cycling I typically don’t fast, I just monitor calorie intake and burn. Having a smart watch and a few apps help for sure.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Fhk

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2021, 04:33:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Impressive. I’m at 3 lb loss and I basically just stopped eating after 5 PM and not eating junk food. Also been taking my cruiser out to the store if I only need to pick up an item or two.  I am in a good mental space to make a lifestyle change.

If I didn’t have skateboarding I wouldn’t care but I feel like we all do something that almost none of the adults we know could even come close, so even though I now suck in our world I rule in their’s, so I won’t stop until it hurts too much. This is my moment to set the clock back.

Who’s with me? Let’s fuckin’ gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How’s that for a locker room speech?
Put me in Coach.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2021, 04:46:28 PM »
I need a new scale. Stepped on one morning and got excited. Then did it again and totally different reading. One more and I was at my goal weight.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2021, 04:59:54 PM »
I need a new scale. Stepped on one morning and got excited. Then did it again and totally different reading. One more and I was at my goal weight.

Just take the average of the three like in science class...

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2021, 08:52:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s only been 6 days since I posted in this thread but I just stepped on the scale and weigh 195.5.
I haven’t been doing much different except doing 20 min of dumbbell arm exercises after work and wearing 2 pound wrist weights while I’m at work.
I don’t eat breakfast. I drink a bang and take some blood flow supplements that are for sexual support but I find they just help me with energy during the day. I might have a little snack like a bag of chips and a soda while I’m at work. I’ve been buying dried pork sausages and eating a couple before I do my short arm workout so I have a little protein in me. I typically only eat dinner as my 1 meal of the day.

That's a buck wild routine, but respect. What you be eating for dinner? You eat more meals on days off?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2021, 03:01:10 AM »
I haven’t eaten bread in like 5 weeks.  Heard so many people boasting about how much better they feel when they stop eating bread, but I don’t notice anything extra

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2021, 03:34:43 AM »
I haven’t eaten bread in like 5 weeks.  Heard so many people boasting about how much better they feel when they stop eating bread, but I don’t notice anything extra

I think people are bullshiting for attention sometimes.

I'm the same as you. I quit sugar for 6 weeks and honestly felt nothing out of the ordinary.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2021, 04:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm the same as you. I quit sugar for 6 weeks and honestly felt nothing out of the ordinary.

I haven't cut sugar completely but I definitely noticed a difference when I took it out of my coffee. I used to drink that bullshit that dunkin claims is coffee but is like 70% flavored sugary creamer, 20% ice and 10% coffee. Switched to black coffee a few years ago, energy boost from it last longer and no sugar crash. Plus save a shit ton of calories there. A medium dunkin iced coffee with a flavored cream is like 250 calories, that's no way to start a day.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2021, 08:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I haven't cut sugar completely but I definitely noticed a difference when I took it out of my coffee. I used to drink that bullshit that dunkin claims is coffee but is like 70% flavored sugary creamer, 20% ice and 10% coffee. Switched to black coffee a few years ago, energy boost from it last longer and no sugar crash. Plus save a shit ton of calories there. A medium dunkin iced coffee with a flavored cream is like 250 calories, that's no way to start a day.

I’m on a keto diet and I was warned about the keto “flu” when starting out but haven’t felt anything like that either. 

Was a 12 year smoker, didn’t feel that much better when I quit (habit coincided with me being less active and gaining weight so I wasn’t getting my breath back really anyways).  I feel like I’m just missing out on the nuance of life hah

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2021, 07:55:58 PM »
I have been a bit of a pile this week I weighed myself and I am 77kg so 170lbs
I don’t think that’s that bad but deadset I have a drinking gut, pot fucken belly haha and I want to get rid of it

I have been doing basic shit on the bench and free weights this week I am gonna try smash that and not drink during the week anymore. Don’t know if really want to lose much weight on the scales but better to get it off my guts and onto arms and legs and shit
I really need to go get one of those soft measuring tapes and measure my fat parts and log it sort of thing

The carbs thing I don’t know everyone’s different but for me I have always been real big on it, I would have a whole baguette for lunch and stuff and then mashed potatoes with dinner maybe I overdid it but I found out travelling in some places I felt like I lost heaps of weight around my guts cause I wasn’t eating carbs

But I crave them even last night I hadn’t had any carbs all day I mean I was mad stoned but I had like three dinners and I wasn’t satisfied till I put a frozen pizza in the oven and got my bread fix

Felt so rank this morning though, absolutely destroyed the toilet when I woke up
listen to cosmic psychos

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »

I quite eating cheese for a few weeks and felt somewhat out of the dairy.

But seriously, keep pushing everyone! Being mindful about diet and exercise is the biggest step.

Also, weight loss isn't the only indicator of progress. Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy). Much rather pay attention to your waistline and watch those belts and pants fit better as you go along.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2021, 02:15:47 PM »
I’m a little late to this thread but the motivation guidance and stories here is what I need. I need to just be more mindful of what I’m consuming and I really need to just put this booze down for a while. Winter is basically over and I can skate after work again for a little with the time change. Excited to try and get my mental and physical health back on track after these last few months of dark and cold depression of winter and stuck working from home.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2021, 11:54:33 PM »
The muscle thing I mean it’s all relative, fuck that big arm shit it’s honestly all show no go, but I reckon that lean muscle looks great on people
listen to cosmic psychos

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2021, 09:14:00 AM »
I’m going to try and quit my daily soda.
I haven’t had one since two days ago. I want one now so I figured if I post it in this thread that might help me resist.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
I’m going to try and quit my daily soda.
I haven’t had one since two days ago. I want one now so I figured if I post it in this thread that might help me resist.

Good on you. I now only drink one 8 oz coke a week on Friday with my Friday night pizza.

I am more a soda drinker than beer drinker but I try not to keep either in the house.

I fucking love Coca-Cola. Hell, I have fantasies of starting a soda bar and an online soda business of regional sodas and craft sodas, but I would probably wind up with diabetes.

Big Gulps are the work of the devil...

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2021, 10:53:22 AM »
Decided I’m going to have a weigh-in day once or twice every month. No point in weighing yourself everyday due to water weight, dehydration and a bunch of other factors.

Been eating a lot of turkey and chicken lately. Lots of veggies, brown rice, eggs and salads as well. Eased up on the bread and pasta but haven’t been able to fully quit, I just love that shit too much. No sugary drinks (orange juice was as sugary as it got for me anyways, I don’t drink soda) and will only have beer once a week (2-3 light beers on either Friday or Saturday night, not both).

Been feeling pretty good but haven’t been able to move as much as I want due to a blown out back. I’ve been able to take 7-10km walks everday and ride my stationary bike, but nothing more.

BJJ starts again here in about a week, hope my back feels better then. Once I start training 3-4x a week again combined with my dietary changes, the weight is just going to melt off. Can’t wait.

Shout out to everyone who takes this shit seriously, we can do it !

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2021, 02:28:16 PM »
Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy).
Or you could do squats and deadlifts...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.