24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 14165 times)

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »
I actually lost 10 or so lbs on COVID, but I need to lose about 20 more. Can I join?
ok thanks

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2021, 03:34:29 PM »
I actually lost 10 or so lbs on COVID, but I need to lose about 20 more. Can I join?

Just vote 20 lbs.i left the voting open for 1 month. Thanks.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2021, 10:56:12 PM »
I've gotten down to 225lbs after being 240 during the height of the pandemic. Looking to lose another 15 or 20. Good luck to all you fellow heavy skaters trying to shed these pounds.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

listentoaheartbeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2021, 12:28:37 AM »
Been counting/restricting calories using an app since end of December. Pretty chilled way to lose weight, I must say. I am 6'5" and have gone from 240 to 220 lbs in three months, aiming for 200 lbs in another 3-5 months. Skateboarding already feels so much better. Good luck everyone!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2021, 08:24:27 AM »
Phew nice to hear some taller guys deep in the 200s talk in here.  I feel seen.   Ideal target is 200, but id be happy with anything after 220.  Still got a bit to go, but so far have only been dieting and have yet to really get going on the exercising.   

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2021, 10:17:53 AM »
Phew nice to hear some taller guys deep in the 200s talk in here.  I feel seen.   Ideal target is 200, but id be happy with anything after 220.  Still got a bit to go, but so far have only been dieting and have yet to really get going on the exercising.

My strategy is to do regular 20-30 min workouts (3-4 times a week) that enable me to skate intense sessions. I prefer burning calories while skating rather than doing extended workouts. I was also surprised to learn how much calories a 220+ person burns while walking, so I have started to do more of that. Goes well with meeting friends outside to reduce indoor contacts during the pandemic, too.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:48 AM »
My fatness came in handy today since my fattened profile makes me eligible for the covid19 vaccine in my state. I got my first shot today.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2021, 10:45:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy).
[close]
Or you could do squats and deadlifts...
I’m specifically trying to build just a little bit of muscle in my arms. I don’t want my arms to get jacked but just trying to tone off some fat and gain slight definition.
I don’t think my wife wants me to lose more weight lol. She went to the grocery store and brought me 4 boxes of cookies(there was a coupon sale) and a tub of my fav ice cream...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:54:24 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2021, 12:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy).
[close]
Or you could do squats and deadlifts...
[close]
I’m specifically trying to build just a little bit of muscle in my arms. I don’t want my arms to get jacked but just trying to tone off some fat and gain slight definition.
I don’t think my wife wants me to lose more weight lol. She went to the grocery store and brought me 4 boxes of cookies(there was a coupon sale) and a tub of my fav ice cream...

yo dawg, if you are tryna put on arm muscle, push ups are the way to go imo. you can start with as many as you can do without being totally gassed, track the #, and move up by whatever number you feel is appropriate when you feel is appropriate. you'll get more definition than just Popeye biceps. after pushups get comfortable enough, you can move onto pull-ups and/or chair dips. what makes these, for me, better than lifting, is the convenience- I can just drop and do a set of pushups anytime, anywhere in my house, yard, etc. I've got a pullup bar outside the house that I try to do just 3 on each time I go outside. Good luck G
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
My fatness came in handy today since my fattened profile makes me eligible for the covid19 vaccine in my state. I got my first shot today.

Hah for me, I would have been eligible had I never started trying to lose weight

animalflesh

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2021, 02:15:33 PM »
I’ll go for 20

7 lbs down 13 to go

Fhk

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2021, 02:17:10 PM »

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2021, 07:21:46 PM »
I’ve lost 42 pounds since thanksgiving on the potato hack. I eat only air fryer potatoes with no oil every other day right now and have been loosing 2 lbs a week. When I started, I needed a change and ate that shit 5 days a week. The weight was easy to loose, and I’m guessing if I do it even 2 days a week when I get to my target weight I’ll stay the same.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2021, 06:29:16 AM »
Haven’t weighed myself lately, but my pants and t-shirts don’t fit as tight as they used to. This only motivates me to work harder as I still have a lot of work to do. Small victories, folks.

Now if only my back could start feeling better so I can move more.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:15:12 PM by TheBoognish »

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2021, 08:12:23 AM »
Haven’t weighed myself lately, but my pants and t-shirts don’t fit as tight as they used to. This only motivates me to work harder as I still gave a lot of work to do. Small victories, folks.

Now if only my back could start feeling better so I can move more.

I'm right there with you!  Started a new job budtending after being laid off for 7 months.  Apparently legal weed is big business, because I've been on my feet running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to learn the ins and outs.  I work my 4th shift later today and am feeling lighter, and my legs are way more engaged.  Can't wait til my next day on board.  I have a couple days off in a row next week and am looking forward to getting back after it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2021, 09:19:07 AM »
moved into a new place a month ago and have been steady shedding ever since.  its a wonder what a change of scenery can do. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2021, 04:54:06 PM »
Lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks, halfway to my goal of 10 pounds. Basically just cut out beer, dessert, and between-meal snacks. Hopefully my old pants will start fitting soon, I think I’m getting close.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »
Lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks, halfway to my goal of 10 pounds. Basically just cut out beer, dessert, and between-meal snacks. Hopefully my old pants will start fitting soon, I think I’m getting close.

Its gonna happen dawg. I had to stop skating to get a belt the other day ;) you got it!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2021, 12:33:19 PM »
I cut out sugar and fat as good as I could this week. As IusedToSkateMore I pondered wearing a belt as my pants are sagging. But I relapsed today. My wife made crêpes (you know what that is right?) and I smothered them with caramel au beurre salé (salted butter caramel). I hope you don't ban me from this thread, I promise to do better next week  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2021, 01:58:47 PM »
I cut out sugar and fat as good as I could this week. As IusedToSkateMore I pondered wearing a belt as my pants are sagging. But I relapsed today. My wife made crêpes (you know what that is right?) and I smothered them with caramel au beurre salé (salted butter caramel). I hope you don't ban me from this thread, I promise to do better next week  ;D
Nobody is going to ban you. I'm still lagging on the diet tip. It's hard to avoid fast food when you have teenage kids and your wife buys you an order of burger and fries.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2021, 02:39:34 PM »
6’, 32 years old
Starting weight: 250
Current weight: 215
Goal weight: 190

I’ve dropped 35 since December and am on track to lose another 25. Pretty Gnar and life changing. Pretty much in the worst shape of my life during 2020.

I was having frequent/ gnarly heart palpitations and generally feeling horrible most of the time. When to a doctor and cardiologist who told me I had to essentially change my entire lifestyle and get it together.

I’m eating 1000-1200 calories per day, 5/6 days per week, then pretty much whatever I want on the off days. My diet is super strict (no added sugars, 1000mg of sodium or less, almost no saturated/trans fats). High in fiber, fruits, veggies and nuts and no meat throughout the days I’m calorie counting. Also, 0 alcohol.

Skateboarding 30-120+ minutes per day and recently added “yoga” and some other exercises to warm up for said sessions. I was biking 50-60 miles a week but have paused that a bit while I get more into skating. Even though I had skated since I was 8, this was my longest hiatus and harshest re-learning. I went from barely being able to roll for more than 5 minutes and not being able to kickflip, to now skating as long as I’d like (and doing 2/3 sessions a day).

EDIT: From doing so much cardio/ exercise, my blood pressure has dropped 10+ points and my resting heart rate went from ~80 to 50/60

If anyone else wants advice on how to follow this, please, don’t hesitate to DM me. The above regiment is all supervised by my general practitioner. The diet, while strict, doesn’t suck as much as keto and it took me a week or two to fully adjust. Stay healthy, y’all!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:52:38 PM by fakie nollie »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »
I’m not trying to be a cunt cause if I didn’t care I’d say nothing but yeah some of you lads are pretty big
Big ups for doing something about it
It is what it is but speaking generally it’s real good to acknowledge an issue and then rectify it
Respect.
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2021, 03:03:14 AM »
Not trying to break anyone’s heart or anything I didn’t mean to be a cunt at all hey

My old boy was super active as a young bloke and then fairly consistently overweight past early 30s and he was a little older than that when parents had me and not like a sob story at all cause he had mad heart attacks before I was born but yeah died early for sure I mean I was in mid 20s so that was lucky as, I honestly feel fortunate but yeah he would have been better off losing weight earlier like just even for himself, you know?

Tell me about what you guys been doing this week and how are you feeling?
listen to cosmic psychos

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2021, 05:23:29 AM »
Not trying to break anyone’s heart or anything I didn’t mean to be a cunt at all hey

My old boy was super active as a young bloke and then fairly consistently overweight past early 30s and he was a little older than that when parents had me and not like a sob story at all cause he had mad heart attacks before I was born but yeah died early for sure I mean I was in mid 20s so that was lucky as, I honestly feel fortunate but yeah he would have been better off losing weight earlier like just even for himself, you know?

Tell me about what you guys been doing this week and how are you feeling?

Matty. You’re a cunt for sure but not that kind of cunt. You’re a solid cunt. A good bloke if you will.

You’re friend’s heart attacks were probably a result of bad genetics and poor health.

As for myself, I am on track a month in at 5 LB loss and I have really only stopped grazing, eating after 5 PM and limiting bread, soda and dessert.

The first 5 LB is the easiest so I expect to have to pick up the pace in April but the weather is warming so skateboarding will be opening up.

It’s nice to have a group to hold oneself accountable to.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2021, 06:33:57 AM »
Hahaha fuck I was talking about my dad but yeah cheers cunt I know I gotta watch my shit
Nah kidding I mean I am talking about my dad but I am just messing around I am not upset about it
I need to quit smoking, fuck

Edit, GardenSkater77, that’s sick mate I mean you might not have time but even try do 30 or hour walk in the arvos just listen to a podcast or something

If possible plank in the mornings, too like time your shit and get better at it and do squats like just in the mirror with no weight
I reckon push-ups and sit-ups are helpful but not everything but yeah get that core strong bro

Killing it fakie nollie that’s some my war type shit
Nice one
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 08:34:42 PM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2021, 11:34:56 PM »
i've learned diet is the most important part of losing weight and exercise is just nice maintenance.  i've been doing keto since the start of February with no cheat days and i think i'm down 30+ pounds.  wholly recommend

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2021, 12:40:47 AM »
i've learned diet is the most important part of losing weight and exercise is just nice maintenance.  i've been doing keto since the start of February with no cheat days and i think i'm down 30+ pounds.  wholly recommend

I beg to differ. I think diet is extremely personal, but weight loss always boils down to how much energy is consumed vs. burned. Exercise can be essential depending on how one goes about it, there are a million different ways.

For me, counting/reducing calories including activities works perfectly without any special diet. I’ll have burger and fries on a skate day and it does not throw off a steady weight loss of 0,5 kg/week since end of last year.

Obviously, if one eats junk food with high carb and high fat every day, activities won’t help with other nutritional problems of such diet. Nevertheless, weight loss could be achieved with intense activities.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 01:06:00 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2021, 05:02:27 AM »
Hit the scale this morning and can say I have achieved my 20lbs lost. 174-154 in just about 3 weeks. I hit my 154 mark Monday but wanted to make sure I stayed at 154 all week and it wasn't just water weight loss or a fluke maintained it the full week so I'm calling it a win. Feel like I could probably drop another 5-10, I'll clean up the diet and see how it goes.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »
Nice going everyone!

Down 8 lb, all by (almost) cutting out the booze. Have switched to smoothies for breakfast, alternated by scrambled eggs w some protein like turkey breast.

Will also cut down on carbs starting next week.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
Rad to see everyone making such big losses, props to all of you.

I’m back up 4lbs, to about 1-2 less than when I started trying to lose weight. Not super bummed on it though as I’ve been putting on a little more muscle and know what I need to work on to really drop lbs which is portion control. I’m not a terrible snacker but I’m always clean plate club no matter what gets put on it.

Have another 5-day calorie restriction diet planned for next week so we’ll see what results I get and if the weight stays off longer this time.