24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 13989 times)

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
I feel like all my fat goes straight to my neck and my face. Has anyone used diet pills? I'm exercising and eating well but if if there is something out there to expedite the process, I might be down.

These have some really good reviews. I plan on looking more into them but I just wanted to see if anybody has had first hand experience here
https://www.amazon.com/Burn-XT-Thermogenic-Fat-Burner-Suppressant/dp/B01BXLYEQ0/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=diet+pills&qid=1619757591&sr=8-7

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2021, 11:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody lose weight and notice their feet get more narrow or shallow? Was curious because fitting in my shoes better would motivate me further to do this damn thing.
[close]

Gaining and losing weight does have an effect on shoe size and can even go up/down a whole size
[close]
Did not know it could affect the length. Was thinking more about the width and depth of my feet but that's interesting.

Expand Quote

I need to loose more weight to tell you but my issue is because I have broken my left leg twice I now have varicose veins that stick out and make my left leg look twenty years older than my right. I have been 15 lbs lighter but that was 5 years ago and I don’t remember the problem. But I have poor circulation in my left foot and before I go to a doctor I want to loose the 15 lbs. if I still have a problem I will get some sort of surgery but I want to see if weight loss will help the problem—I think it will help a little bit if not a lot.
[close]
Best of luck with everything. Hope surgery can be avoided after your weight loss!

I think it is best to think about the foot changes in a holistic manner.  Yes the width and height could increase, which may necessitate a different sized shoe.  Additionally, the additional weight (especially if it is extremely excessive weight) could make the arch fall a bit, which would manifest itself in the perceived lengthening of a foot.

I am basing this information on youtuber people who were extremely overweight then lost that weight (100+ pounds).  Very often they report that they went down a shoe size.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »
Just wanted to give a tip to those who have had problems cutting out junk food like I did at first.

I made a list of everything I should cut: Chips, dessert, pastries, fast food, gas station food, french fries, sugar in my coffee, chocolate and frozen food. I allow myself a few beers a week because I’m already not much of a drinker and perhaps one takeout meal (which I rarely do anyways).

I then downloaded an AA/NA-type app called Sober Time. You know those apps that tell you “you have 62 days clean” ? That. This one lets you put in what your addiction is, I just titled my addiction as “Junk Food From the List”. I’m 28 days “clean” from everything on that list, and I find it a hell of a lot more motivating than simply counting calories, which I do, just not religiously.

I was at the gas station the other day and Doritos were on special (Doritos and I have a long history), I almost picked up a bag but looked at my phone, I then left it there. Didn’t want to fuck my streak up.

Might not seem like much, but it’s the longest I’ve ever gone without shit food. Might work for some of you.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »
When I go into  Walgreens and Doritos are 2/$5.00 I’m like ‘Fuck you FritoLay’!

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2021, 09:36:03 AM »

My problem with Doritos is the second I leave the store, no matter the size of the bag, it has about 15 minutes left to live. I have zero control when it comes to Doritos.

There's no such thing as leftover crack Doritos.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2021, 09:39:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My problem with Doritos is the second I leave the store, no matter the size of the bag, it has about 15 minutes left to live. I have zero control when it comes to Doritos.

There's no such thing as leftover crack Doritos.

I know this is the weight loss club but fuck it one of my favorite snacks ever is plain sour cream and regular Doritos. You don’t even need dip because the flavor comes from the Doritos. Holy shit is that good. I haven’t had Doritos in two months. I like you cannot be trusted with a bag of Doritos.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2021, 01:27:35 PM »
I feel like all my fat goes straight to my neck and my face. Has anyone used diet pills? I'm exercising and eating well but if if there is something out there to expedite the process, I might be down.

These have some really good reviews. I plan on looking more into them but I just wanted to see if anybody has had first hand experience here
https://www.amazon.com/Burn-XT-Thermogenic-Fat-Burner-Suppressant/dp/B01BXLYEQ0/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=diet+pills&qid=1619757591&sr=8-7

I’m doing keto and I’ve lost 50 lbs in 3 months.   I had surgeries and bad bouts of depression that knocked me on my ass for too long and I was definitely eating only poor choices for awhile, so the quick results may be just from not doing that at all anymore.   But I think it’s a fairly easy diet to maintain and the weight loss has had very little to do with exercise.   It also depends on what you think your mileage is eating eggs near every day

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2021, 04:47:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m doing keto and I’ve lost 50 lbs in 3 months.   I had surgeries and bad bouts of depression that knocked me on my ass for too long and I was definitely eating only poor choices for awhile, so the quick results may be just from not doing that at all anymore.   But I think it’s a fairly easy diet to maintain and the weight loss has had very little to do with exercise.   It also depends on what you think your mileage is eating eggs near every day

I couldn't tell you how much weight I've lost but none of my pants fit anymore and it's pretty evident under the chin, the rear cheeks, and spare tire/love handle area. "Intermittent Fasting" and watching calorie intake, especially sugar intake, has been very helpful and not all that hard. I'm not wicked strict, but I generally don't eat food between 10pm-2pm. On the ideal day I, after I stretch and meditate, I start drinking black coffee, usually a 16 oz cup, then have a hyped up protein shake at 2pm (2 bananas, 2 scoop PBFit peanut butter powder, 1 scoop plant protein, 1 scoop marine collagen, medicinal mushrooms, rice milk, ice, water). Often have another cup of black coffee at 3 or 4pm, then Ill either a can of sardines with pepper sauce and liquid aminos or a couple eggs in a wrap with some miso mayo, nutritional yeast, maybe some leftover beans. Around 6-7 we eat dinner, often eggs, rice, beans, noodles, lots of veggies, meat a couple times per month. After that, I might have some rice cakes for a snack around 9pm. I like a nighttime snack and try to limit the good treats to once per week. Hardest thing to avoid is the delicious fresh sour dough my partner makes... lil bit of butter, lil bit of homemade jam...

anyways, those pills could be fine but they seem like heavy duty caffeine pills, lots of green tea and straight caffeine. I guess if you can handle it, it's cool but I really have no clue other than caffeine acting as an appetite suppressant.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »
Embarking on a four month journey tomorrow. Quitting all social media and losing 28lbs in 125 days (Labor Day Weekend).

Quest for Summer dominance. I am also gonna learn a bunch of new tricks and I turn 45 in two weeks so whatever.
ok thanks

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2021, 07:55:57 AM »
Embarking on a four month journey tomorrow. Quitting all social media and losing 28lbs in 125 days (Labor Day Weekend).

Quest for Summer dominance. I am also gonna learn a bunch of new tricks and I turn 45 in two weeks so whatever.

Okay, that’s fine. Just let us know who will be handling the bigdave SLAP account while you’re gone. Wouldn’t want your  work to pile up...thanks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 06:43:55 AM by GardenSkater77 »

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2021, 06:13:13 AM »
Half way mark.

How is everyone doing? Care to share?

I had a good March but April basically was a no go.

I am basically fluctuating at 5 lb loss +/- 2 lbs, so my goal of a 20 lb loss may not be realistic. But I am not hitting the reset button. Just need to tighten up the diet and be more active. One week at a time...

Fhk

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2021, 06:38:42 AM »
Half way mark.

How is everyone doing? Care to share?

I had a good March but April basically was a no go.

I am basically fluctuating at 5 lb loss +/- 2 lbs, so my goal of a 20 lb loss may not be realistic. But I am not hitting the reset button. Just need to tighten up the diet and be more active. One week at a time...
I believe I am back exactly where I started. So it's going pretty well for me.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2021, 06:59:32 AM »
Tuna
Came out in another thread but yeah you want it get it, just eat tuna for a couple weeks
Laugh all you want but I dropped 25kg of fat in three months

Get some, widebois

Edit
That’s a shitload of pounds ay
Try harder
listen to cosmic psychos

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2021, 08:49:17 PM »
Tuna
Came out in another thread but yeah you want it get it, just eat tuna for a couple weeks
Laugh all you want but I dropped 25kg of fat in three months

Get some, widebois

Edit
That’s a shitload of pounds ay
Try harder

Is that literally all you eat? Like no veggies or fruit or anything else? We talking just canned tuna? I need details. Sounds miserable though

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2021, 08:54:28 PM »
I love tuna but be careful of the mercury content.

shitsandwich

« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2021, 02:38:44 PM »
I tried the diet pills but they made me feel too wired. I'm gonna just diet properly for now.

I plan on keeping my calories below 1500 and sodium under 1500(idk if that's a good number)
I really don't like cooking so if anyone has fast and healthy food ideas, I'm all ears. A protein shake and sardines might be a good idea to incorporate into the rotation. This is what I'm eating and plan on eating.

Breakfast: 3 eggs
Lunch: low fat greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of granola
Dinner: broccoli and chicken, broccoli and salmon, or steak and salad
Post Dinner: Peanut butter and banana sandwich,

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
I tried the diet pills but they made me feel too wired. I'm gonna just diet properly for now.

I plan on keeping my calories below 1500 and sodium under 1500(idk if that's a good number)
I really don't like cooking so if anyone has fast and healthy food ideas, I'm all ears. A protein shake and sardines might be a good idea to incorporate into the rotation. This is what I'm eating and plan on eating.

A dope meal for me is just a simple salad of romaine, kalamata olives, bit of feta if you like and protein of choice I've done chicken and Gyro meat both are dope. I make a simple olive oil/herb dressing, can't recall the quantities of each ingredient, but its olive oil, oregano, garlic, this Italian seasoning I got at the store, think that's it. I had a similar salad at a greek restaurant on a work trip and it was amazing, I have been trying to recreate it ever since.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2021, 02:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A dope meal for me is just a simple salad of romaine, kalamata olives, bit of feta if you like and protein of choice I've done chicken and Gyro meat both are dope. I make a simple olive oil/herb dressing, can't recall the quantities of each ingredient, but its olive oil, oregano, garlic, this Italian seasoning I got at the store, think that's it. I had a similar salad at a greek restaurant on a work trip and it was amazing, I have been trying to recreate it ever since.

Down 15 pounds since the start. Cut down booze except for the occasional martini or shot of vodka, no beers though.

For breakfast it's either scrambled eggs or a spinach/banana/pineapple smoothie and a salad with salmon for lunch. Still need to cut out more carbs and love a bagel on the weekend too much. But hey, making some progress.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Down 15 pounds since the start. Cut down booze except for the occasional martini or shot of vodka, no beers though.

For breakfast it's either scrambled eggs or a spinach/banana/pineapple smoothie and a salad with salmon for lunch. Still need to cut out more carbs and love a bagel on the weekend too much. But hey, making some progress.

15 LBS is fuckin’ great bro. Are you kidding me? I would say you’re at a fast pace.

I am still trying to find a meal plan that won’t leave me needing to eat because I have the shakes or a headache from not eating enough. I wish I liked eggs and chicken but I really don’t. The hardest part for me is cutting out sandwiches and pasta cause they are such an easy meal. Still looking for that meal that I look forward to eating that is low fat high protein.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2021, 06:15:11 AM »
15 LBS is fuckin’ great bro. Are you kidding me? I would say you’re at a fast pace.

I am still trying to find a meal plan that won’t leave me needing to eat because I have the shakes or a headache from not eating enough. I wish I liked eggs and chicken but I really don’t. The hardest part for me is cutting out sandwiches and pasta cause they are such an easy meal. Still looking for that meal that I look forward to eating that is low fat high protein.

Thanks for your nice words. I have to say that I was already exercising daily and had a pretty good diet. Just sabotaging myself by drinking too much beer on weekends (which is 3 days out of 7 in a week and adds up), and also 'rewarding' myself with junk food too much. I'm not 100% disciplined but the results really make me want to push forward.

Have you tried snacking on almonds, cold cuts like salami or turkey breast and string cheese when you get the need for food? I hear you about pasta and sandwiches, though... The one thing I can eat every day for lunch without getting tired is a bowl of spinach with a Costco salmon burger and some avocado or whatever else is around. Once you find that 'everyday' meal you have a big piece of the puzzle. Good luck!

shitsandwich

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2021, 11:41:52 PM »
Hope everyone is still on a good track.

For about a week I've been seeing that Ive lost 1 pound a day. I'm assuming this is just water weight but is this a sign of future fat loss? Or can I lose water weight but not lose any fat?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:02:56 AM by shitsandwich »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2021, 04:29:10 AM »
I just stepped on the scale and I’m 190 yay.
I was 199 when I first posted in this thread in March.
Also I’m pretty sure I can see a little bit of muscle growth in my arms from working out this last month.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:51:36 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2021, 06:02:11 AM »
i missed jumping in on this when it started but just set a goal for myself to lose 15 lbs for my summer holiday that starts mid august.

i wanted to share a recent success i had in weight loss. if you are looking for a diet i tried weight watchers at the beginning of the year and it's a really great program. i did myfitness pal for years before and i've worked out really hard for years doing things like orange theory, mountain biking, etc... and burning 900 calories a pop 5 times a week but always broke even and then eventually have a few off weeks and gain 2 or so lbs that never go away. with weight watchers i was able to drop 12 lbs in about 6 weeks shown below from beginning of jan to mid feb. no other diet has allowed me to move the needle like that and i was having beers and fun food on the weekend while doing this.

it definitely gives you control, works if you follow it and is super flexible as you have a weekly budget to use and you can use it on whatever you choose so nothing is off limits.

if you workout at home fitbod app is also definitely worth checking out. you get 3 free workouts with it, it's fantastic. you tell it what equipment you have and it creates workouts for you each day.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2021, 07:27:29 AM »
I haven't been keeping track of actual weight loss because I don't own a scale but I've really adjusted my diet and been more mindful of my eating, haven't had a beer in about a month and a half (sticking to the occasional whiskey and water if I'm at the bar) and have been riding about 10-15 miles a day 4-5 days a week on my bike. My pants are fitting looser, my legs are feeling stronger than ever and I'm feeling more and more comfortable on my board when I do get to skate.

Hope everybody's journey is also going well.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2021, 10:17:23 AM »
I just stepped on the scale and I’m 190 yay.
I was 199 when I first posted in this thread in March.
Also I’m pretty sure I can see a little bit of muscle growth in my arms from working out this last month.

ayo, i imagine that's a big initial loss, hoss! I was at 165lbs (75kg) @5'8 (179cm) and it took a hot minute to start dropping anything at all. Once it the elbows/keys start dropping, they keep dropping. I look forward to seeing your lighter bank/tech skating dude!

Also, on another note, man, we get these occasional SLAP haters and people flapping their jaws about how this place is a cesspool, but fuckin hell, we're a mix of all types of people helping each other get physically and mentally well during a crazy motherfucking era and still talking about skating. that's fucking sick. big ups to everyone 8) ;D ;) :) :D

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
I just stepped on the scale and to my great surprise it stopped at 72kg (158lbs). I was 75/76 before (165/167lbs) at 170cm/5'6. I am truly stoked about this and this thread played a huge role in this success.

At first I looked at it as a joke (I didn't even make a pledge), but as y'all kept on posting your weight loss I felt challenged and started really watching my diet, cutting out sugar and fat.

Thanks to one and all for participating, I'll say it once again, Slap rules!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2021, 05:45:29 AM »
-53 pounds since thanksgiving on the potato diet.
I took 2 weeks and only ate potato’s.  Lost 18 pounds. It really wasn’t that bad because potatoes fill you up really well. After that I had a day off every week and now I eat potatoes/oatmeal/apples every other day to maintain. I’m 40 and it has given me my life/skating/ good vibes back. Be well everyone!

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »
Weighed myself yesterday, 205 fully dressed with shoes on, so probably in the 202-203 range.

I was 217 in mid March. Less than ten lbs left to hit 195.

Once I hit 195, I’m probably going to try to go down to around 185-188, which I haven’t been since 2013-2014 and that’s where I feel at my best. I have a big frame with broad shoulders, so anything under 180 makes me look like a cancer patient. Even at 217 I didn’t have a double chin.

Haven’t been under 200 in 6 years.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2021, 06:53:56 AM »
Down 25 lbs now since the beginning of the year. Last few pounds have made a big difference, in combination with some relentless skating. I have not been popping Ollies with this sort of confidence for at least 10 years. Warming up at a park has gone from a depressing exercise to joyful cruising and popping over smaller obstacles. I can also take some heavy slams and be back on the board after a few days of resting. I've been skating for 30 years and I feel like I am actually progressing again. Skateboarding really saved me during this fucking pandemic.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2021, 10:13:55 AM »
There's a new book out called "Hooked," written by Michael Moss, a former NYTimes Pulitzer Prize winner... It explores contemporary humans relationship with processed food, additives, and the corporations that make money from our seemingly unstoppable desire for their foods. Things that most of us have no idea about are brought up- really interesting stuff about the drive for fats, sugars, and salts, genetic manipulation, similarities between food industry and tobacco industry. He uses the phrase "disordered eating," not in regard to eating disorders, but rather addicted and manipulated eating that seems to be the greatest cause of weight gain and obesity related health issues.

It was pretty quick to read and if nothing else, provided me with further understanding and drive to eat/live in a way that feels better on the whole. Check it out if you want a social/scientific understanding laid out