24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 13983 times)

Fhk

Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2021, 09:20:58 AM »
I also have not achieved my goal weight yet...I started at 220 I believe and got down to 210. However after a "skater family" reunion involving way too much booze and bad food, I am back to 215.  ;D Oh well we will get there eventually.

Edit: congrats to all of you that did it!

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2021, 10:11:30 AM »
I also have not achieved my goal weight yet...I started at 220 I believe and got down to 210. However after a "skater family" reunion involving way too much booze and bad food, I am back to 215.  ;D Oh well we will get there eventually.

Edit: congrats to all of you that did it!

This is me minus the homie reunion. I’m actually paying more attention to how my clothes fit.
I’m definitely in better shape than April.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
Real brother stuff
Don't let a number on a scale define you or ruin your day

https://youtu.be/0wwLQPJeySs

Even if your 6 pack abs & dick root aren't showing...if you are:
  • getting outside more
  • skating more
  • eating better
  • drinking more water
  • carpe'ing more of the diem
  • happier with your life
...you are already a success and well on your way to your goals rather than wishing you did something, millions of people cave to weight gain & eventual sedentary life and accepting death.

Please keep bumping this board with your updates, you guys are killing it
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Managed to get to and stay at 12 pounds down the week leading up to my wedding which was a month ago, so goal achieved. Added a couple pounds on since then but hanging around 10 lbs lost and overall feeling so much better than I was 5-6 months ago.

Still doing strength 5x a week, stretching/yoga 3x, and riding my bike around 70-80 miles/week. My power while biking has gone up a ton and I'm feeling more comfortable and balanced on the board whenever I go to the park or my local curb.

This weight loss/fitness journey has been a super positive change for me, and it's been a blast to do it with some virtual buddies whose real names I don't know and who I'll likely never meet in person.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy).
[close]
Or you could do squats and deadlifts...
[close]
I’m specifically trying to build just a little bit of muscle in my arms. I don’t want my arms to get jacked but just trying to tone off some fat and gain slight definition.
I don’t think my wife wants me to lose more weight lol. She went to the grocery store and brought me 4 boxes of cookies(there was a coupon sale) and a tub of my fav ice cream...
[close]

yo dawg, if you are tryna put on arm muscle, push ups are the way to go imo. you can start with as many as you can do without being totally gassed, track the #, and move up by whatever number you feel is appropriate when you feel is appropriate. you'll get more definition than just Popeye biceps. after pushups get comfortable enough, you can move onto pull-ups and/or chair dips. what makes these, for me, better than lifting, is the convenience- I can just drop and do a set of pushups anytime, anywhere in my house, yard, etc. I've got a pullup bar outside the house that I try to do just 3 on each time I go outside. Good luck G

Push ups and chin ups are my go to for body weight fitness, interval training is my jam. Same applies to running, I don't do runs longer than 5k, just intervals runs of 400m at a 4k cap.

Do 60-70% of your max, take a break and repeat 2-3 times depending on how pumped you feel. During last year I was able to push my max chin ups to 28 but breaking past this to 30 takes so much commitment.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Especially if you put on muscle at some point in your life (don't do it, unless you want to become hella top-heavy).
[close]
[close]
I’m specifically trying to build just a little bit of muscle in my arms. I don’t want my arms to get jacked but just trying to tone off some fat and gain slight definition.
I don’t think my wife wants me to lose more weight lol. She went to the grocery store and brought me 4 boxes of cookies(there was a coupon sale) and a tub of my fav ice cream...
[close]

yo dawg, if you are tryna put on arm muscle, push ups are the way to go imo. you can start with as many as you can do without being totally gassed, track the #, and move up by whatever number you feel is appropriate when you feel is appropriate. you'll get more definition than just Popeye biceps. after pushups get comfortable enough, you can move onto pull-ups and/or chair dips. what makes these, for me, better than lifting, is the convenience- I can just drop and do a set of pushups anytime, anywhere in my house, yard, etc. I've got a pullup bar outside the house that I try to do just 3 on each time I go outside. Good luck G
[close]

Push ups and chin ups are my go to for body weight fitness, interval training is my jam. Same applies to running, I don't do runs longer than 5k, just intervals runs of 400m at a 4k cap.

Do 60-70% of your max, take a break and repeat 2-3 times depending on how pumped you feel. During last year I was able to push my max chin ups to 28 but breaking past this to 30 takes so much commitment.
I’ve been doing push ups the last couple weeks at home and when I have down time at work, in addition to the weight lifting I do at the gym.
My arms aren’t big yet but in person they are noticeably different compared to a few months ago.
I usually do 4-5 sets of ten push ups if I have the time at work.
But just 1 or 2 sets when I’m at home, I usually don’t have a ton of energy left when I’m at home after work because I go to the gym almost everyday after and in the mornings on my days off.

Also like I’ve mentioned before, my weight has stayed the same the last month but I can tell that I’m burning fat because my man boobs are also getting smaller when I stand in front of the mirror.
My routine has been pretty simple, I do 10 min on the bike on hard hill setting, then lift various weights for biceps, triceps, shoulders, and back. Then I get back on the bike for 10 min on a harder hill setting and I repeat that 4 times. So 40 min on the bike 6 days a week which comes out to 13 miles and the rest of my time at the gym is lifting weights or using the battle rope.
I take 1 easy day a week and just do 30 min on the bike and don’t do as much weight lifting in between.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 05:37:45 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2021, 11:34:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I’ve been doing push ups the last couple weeks at home and when I have down time at work, in addition to the weight lifting I do at the gym.
My arms aren’t big yet but in person they are noticeably different compared to a few months ago.
I usually do 4-5 sets of ten push ups if I have the time at work.
But just 1 or 2 sets when I’m at home, I usually don’t have a ton of energy left when I’m at home after work because I go to the gym almost everyday after and in the mornings on my days off.

Also like I’ve mentioned before, my weight has stayed the same the last month but I can tell that I’m burning fat because my man boobs are also noticeably smaller.

The body weight exercise musculature takes a while to be noticeable in photos at first, but if you were to take black n white photos, you'd see differences, for sure. My partner modeled for a long time and models/photogs have all sorts of lighting knowledge to get photos/body/muscles looking a certain way. I think you're looking great BTW. Def see a visible difference in your skate clips and shit. Ha ha ha and the decline of man boobs feels good, don't it? Don't have to roll the shoulders back to make "pecs"  ;D

Good work my G
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2021, 08:26:38 AM »
I am down to 68kg from 75kg, that's 15lbs in 5 months or so. The only thing I really changed was to cut out sugar and unhealthy fat from my diet consequently. It's not always easy to resist but it's worth it.  I am also still doing the forearm planks and I like the results, so shout out to @IusedToSkateMore

I am super stoked at this and would never have thought it would be possible, and it wouldn't if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks!

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »
I am down to 68kg from 75kg, that's 15lbs in 5 months or so. The only thing I really changed was to cut out sugar and unhealthy fat from my diet consequently. It's not always easy to resist but it's worth it.  I am also still doing the forearm planks and I like the results, so shout out to @IusedToSkateMore

I am super stoked at this and would never have thought it would be possible, and it wouldn't if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks!

Hey man, that's awesome. Sounds like we are doing similar  things. Added sugars and unneccesary fats went mostly out the window! Good for you!!!

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »
Down under 200 lbs, and probably haven't been so in over 15 years. Pretty crazy but feels good. Keep it up, guys.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »
Down under 200 lbs, and probably haven't been so in over 15 years. Pretty crazy but feels good. Keep it up, guys.

Your knees, ankles and future you thank you!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2021, 04:56:16 PM »
After two and a half months of doing absolutely nothing due to a back injury, I’ve finally started moving again. This is my third week of BJJ since stopping in March (lockdown)  and while the first two weeks were fucking rough, my cardio’s back and I’m starting to feel good. I’m averaging 3-4x/week + a bit of mellow skating. My back feels great and my flexibility seems to be getting better.

I went from 217 to 201 before my injury, got injured and got back to 215. I’m going to weigh myself in a month and see. Goal is still 195, ideally 188-190.

Still having trouble staying disciplined on proper eatiing though.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2021, 07:17:54 PM »
I think I actually gained weight. Just a lot going on, been eating out more, drinking more, moving less. Kinda feel like shit.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2021, 11:37:11 PM »
I think I actually gained weight. Just a lot going on, been eating out more, drinking more, moving less. Kinda feel like shit.

Don’t let it mess with you. I have been there so many times. Things will spiral out of control, it’s unavoidable, sometimes worth it even. Just go back to your previous routine and don’t be hard on yourself.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2021, 07:46:04 PM »

That is awesome to read. Made my week and some heavy motivation. What’s been your regiment?

Fhk

« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2021, 08:01:28 PM »
Closing out week two of being back to plant based..no booze and very little sugar. Resulting in 0 lbs. lost. I am getting back to skating after over a week of my back/hip being f'd up . Maybe the combination of everything will work.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is awesome to read. Made my week and some heavy motivation. What’s been your regiment?

Thanks, fakie nollie. Mostly through diet. Still making my homemade soups and supplementing every solid meal with a healthy bed of lettuce and veggies, essentially turning it into a salad. Still no pizza, burritos or candies (or other unhealthy stuff) and very limited alcohol intake. I have about 10 lbs to go still and will then focus on building up muscle. All told, I've lost about 45 lbs since November.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2021, 04:21:21 AM »
Here’s a pic with an update of my progress.
I just weighed myself and im 188.
184 was my lowest weight. I really wanna get down to 180 but I’ve been taking in more calories (protein powder)
this last month to try and help build muscle.
The left pic is before I started going to the gym.

Keep going y’all! We can make ourselves better and healthier, we just gotta keep the work up.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSLF4_6HhF8/?utm_medium=copy_link
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:29:51 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »
^^^I can see the improvement, johnes. Keep it up!

Fhk

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2021, 05:48:01 AM »
Closing out week two of being back to plant based..no booze and very little sugar. Resulting in 0 lbs. lost. I am getting back to skating after over a week of my back/hip being f'd up . Maybe the combination of everything will work.
Down 5 lbs. since I posted this. The results sure come slowly in your mid-forties

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Down 5 lbs. since I posted this. The results sure come slowly in your mid-forties
Nice! 5 pounds in less that 2 weeks is good.
I need to stop eating pizza every week so I sent myself this email so I can see it everyday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSmy105nvNi/?utm_medium=copy_link
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2021, 01:18:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's a good start. Cutting sugar is crucial in my opinion. I initially cut dairy too, but if you're going plant based that's what's up. I think for me, the most important component of losing weight, I dropped 25ish lbs, was changing not just what I eat, but when I eat. I'm not sold on the whole premise of intermittent fasting, but 5 days a week i don't really eat between 10pm-2pm. Between 2 and 10, I eat well with no calorie deficit, but still keep out most of the processed sugars. First couple months were slow but now it feels like I've reached a new baseline. I'm not incredibly active right now, at all, either. So im just trying to say that it might take a while but the weight loss comes if u stick at it

Sifter

• Rep: 46
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2021, 03:16:12 PM »
115kgs to 108kgs at 6ft'1 over the past 7 weeks.
I've had a broken hand the whole time and was genuinely scared of getting heavier but what I've been doing is

water only
3-4 egg omelette for breaky.  Easy, fast and doctors suggested me a protein based breakfast. 
Tuna 185 gram can for lunch.  Seriously,  Neil Breen knows!
Dinner usually chicken breast (add basic herbs) or a lamp chop with small veg portion.

It's pretty bland but it's working good.

Fhk

« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2021, 05:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That's a good start. Cutting sugar is crucial in my opinion. I initially cut dairy too, but if you're going plant based that's what's up. I think for me, the most important component of losing weight, I dropped 25ish lbs, was changing not just what I eat, but when I eat. I'm not sold on the whole premise of intermittent fasting, but 5 days a week i don't really eat between 10pm-2pm. Between 2 and 10, I eat well with no calorie deficit, but still keep out most of the processed sugars. First couple months were slow but now it feels like I've reached a new baseline. I'm not incredibly active right now, at all, either. So im just trying to say that it might take a while but the weight loss comes if u stick at it.
Yeah man I 100% agree with the timing. I lost 50 lbs once by quitting drinking and only eating between noon and 6. This time I am not putting that much pressure on it though. My downfall now is getting stoned and making crazy veggie burgers late at night. I really should stop that.. I have completely cut out alcohol and processed sugar along with the plant based diet and have been heavily active lately. So I imagine the results will keep coming. I skate for about 3 hours almost nonstop 5-6 days a week now too. My skating hasn't improved much so the weight better keep coming off  ;D I appreciate the support homey! 5 oh 8
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I need to stop eating pizza every week so I sent myself this email so I can see it everyday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSmy105nvNi/?utm_medium=copy_link
Thanks man! I hear you on the pizza, my wife had a pizza place and that's what got me from 175 to 225 years ago lol I friggin love pizza.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »
Yeah, it seems like bland is the way to go to lose weight. Thankfully, I have an affinity for fresh jalepenos and those give me a lot of heat/flavor in the place of ranch dressing and other bad-for-you things.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2021, 08:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That's a good start. Cutting sugar is crucial in my opinion. I initially cut dairy too, but if you're going plant based that's what's up. I think for me, the most important component of losing weight, I dropped 25ish lbs, was changing not just what I eat, but when I eat. I'm not sold on the whole premise of intermittent fasting, but 5 days a week i don't really eat between 10pm-2pm. Between 2 and 10, I eat well with no calorie deficit, but still keep out most of the processed sugars. First couple months were slow but now it feels like I've reached a new baseline. I'm not incredibly active right now, at all, either. So im just trying to say that it might take a while but the weight loss comes if u stick at it.
[close]
Yeah man I 100% agree with the timing. I lost 50 lbs once by quitting drinking and only eating between noon and 6. This time I am not putting that much pressure on it though. My downfall now is getting stoned and making crazy veggie burgers late at night. I really should stop that.. I have completely cut out alcohol and processed sugar along with the plant based diet and have been heavily active lately. So I imagine the results will keep coming. I skate for about 3 hours almost nonstop 5-6 days a week now too. My skating hasn't improved much so the weight better keep coming off  ;D I appreciate the support homey! 5 oh 8
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks man! I hear you on the pizza, my wife had a pizza place and that's what got me from 175 to 225 years ago lol I friggin love pizza.
[close]

damn, noon-six is a short window. I couldn't swing that. no way. I like to eat at 930pm more than at noon time ha ha ha

what you eating for veggie burgers? I haven't had a good one in a minute

fiiiiiiiiive OOOOOOOOOH (shit) aaaaaate (some dank ass pizza at Marc Anthonys when I was in the 508)

Sifter

• Rep: 46
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2021, 10:10:07 PM »
Yeah, it seems like bland is the way to go to lose weight. Thankfully, I have an affinity for fresh jalepenos and those give me a lot of heat/flavor in the place of ranch dressing and other bad-for-you things.

Nice!  I didn't really think about chillis etc to mix it up.  Cheers dawg.  Cayenne pepper is my go to

Fhk

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2021, 03:01:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

damn, noon-six is a short window. I couldn't swing that. no way. I like to eat at 930pm more than at noon time ha ha ha

what you eating for veggie burgers? I haven't had a good one in a minute

fiiiiiiiiive OOOOOOOOOH (shit) aaaaaate (some dank ass pizza at Marc Anthonys when I was in the 508)
[close]
There's a few different decent ones out of Cali that I get frozen, but We mostly make our own when we have time. Ooooo Marc Anthony's... so fuckin good man!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2021, 11:43:24 AM »
What if you gain weight during Covid?
Then now is the time to say how much you wanna lose an start working on it.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
I should join this club.  I went from an already flabby 180 to an entirely unhealthy 220 this past year.  I'm not a big person either, I'm skinny with a massive gut right now and I really hate it, plus it's fucking uncomfortable.