24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 13982 times)

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -128
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2021, 03:41:57 PM »
buncha fat fucks need to skate more lol
big texas cummer

Fhk

« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2021, 04:04:27 PM »
Ok I will play..I skate for 1 1/2 to 3 hours a day. I bet you skate more than that.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2021, 05:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ok I will play..I skate for 1 1/2 to 3 hours a day. I bet you skate more than that.

lmao, maybe 5 hours a week, peak physical condition
big texas cummer

Fhk

« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lmao, maybe 5 hours a week, peak physical condition
You should consider skating more than that while your in peak physical condition champ.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2021, 02:07:07 AM »
That’s awesome Johnes you can see it around your face and tummy and stuff good shit mate

I’m at this pub talking to randoms and the cunts I am sitting with saw me looking at your Insta I am pretty sure they all reckon I’m gay now I went for a piss and I think they were discussing it
listen to cosmic psychos

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
Down 9kg, that's 20lbs.  8)

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

live, laugh, love

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2021, 12:31:15 PM »
I've been off Slap for a while due to a long list of shit I've been dealing with. I was happy to see all the posts made showing people's progress, as well as all the encouragement. This is just the thread I needed to see coming back. Hopefully I'll be back to where I used to be as well. I lost a lot of weight years ago. So I know it's possible. Keep it up everyone.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »
Went to the Dr. for the first time since mid January and am down 24lbs. Really didn't plan to go here but it seems like I've set a new base weight. feels real nice, real nice.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2021, 01:26:16 PM »
Nice job guys! I'm now down 10 with 15 more to go to my goal weight.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2021, 12:46:41 AM »
I was visiting my family for 2 weeks and had to eat all of my favorite home-town foods... which means the pants I wore on the plane there fit much much tighter on the way back.

I gotta dial it in.

Cooler weather means more skating. And less desire to go sit outside at a bar and drink beer and eat chips.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »
Been sober two months and some change and I can’t fucking stop eating. Stupid cravings at ungodly hours.

Reading through this thread is great.

Fhk

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »
Been sober two months and some change and I can’t fucking stop eating. Stupid cravings at ungodly hours.

Congrats on 2 months man..that's awesome!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2021, 12:29:01 AM »

Yeah nice for being off the sauce for two months. Keep it going now and don't go back. I stopped drinking two years ago and it's been good for me.

I know the midnight cravings and used to give in but now I just ignore it. It's obvious but if you go to bed hungry the body will burn body fat during the night. If you eat something just before going to sleep he will just burn that stuff instead. It sucks but you get used to it somehow.

On another note I just realized that my blood pressure has dropped significantly since I last measured it, which was before I started to lose weight. Back when I was heavier and drinking, I always used to have a blood pressure of at least 140, which is too high. Now 20lbs lighter (and not drinking) I am at 130, which is just ok.

why come?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2021, 12:49:31 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTUJlQ5Dgkh/?utm_medium=copy_link

Me right now, need to cut at least 10 pounds …

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2021, 01:42:07 AM »
Down to 195 so I've officially lost 50 lbs since the beginning of the year. Haven't skated in a few months but looking forward to seeing what it's like without a 50 pound bag of fat on me.

I know the midnight cravings and used to give in but now I just ignore it. It's obvious but if you go to bed hungry the body will burn body fat during the night. If you eat something just before going to sleep he will just burn that stuff instead. It sucks but you get used to it somehow.

On another note I just realized that my blood pressure has dropped significantly since I last measured it, which was before I started to lose weight. Back when I was heavier and drinking, I always used to have a blood pressure of at least 140, which is too high. Now 20lbs lighter (and not drinking) I am at 130, which is just ok.

Ditto to both those things. I used to find myself breathing heavily while just chilling and that stopped. It must be related to blood pressure.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 01:50:42 AM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2021, 06:30:11 AM »

I bulked up to 89 kg to hit a 500 kg total (160+117,5+225). Keep in mind I'm 172 cm.. so chunky fucker.

You look good, bro!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2021, 12:57:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bulked up to 89 kg to hit a 500 kg total (160+117,5+225). Keep in mind I'm 172 cm.. so chunky fucker.

You look good, bro!

Fuck yeah!

The scales said 74.4 yesterday and 73.7 today

I got maggot all weekend but apart from that I have drank fuck all beers in the last two weeks, lost about six kilos lmao

There’s a sixpack here somewhere I’m gonna find the little bastard it’s been a while
I mean the muscle one lol
listen to cosmic psychos

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2021, 02:58:58 AM »
Haven't weighed myself since I broke my scale (don't drop heavy Wahl clippers on your cheap glass scale), so it's been about two months.

I've been doing a ton of BJJ and hiking lately and it's starting to pay off. Yesterday at work, I went to grab something over my head with both hands and straight-up lost my pants right in front of my foreman. I now need a belt. I've been a 36 forever and they just slid right down to my ankles, I finally need a belt. Stoked. T-shirts feel looser now as well, my jeans feel much looser as well.

Since Covid started: 210 -> 205 -> 202.1 -> 208 -> 222 (back injury which pretty much made me do nothing but chill from May to late August) -> Lost pants at work.

I think I'll stop obsessing with the scale and just focus on what feels right, like looser clothes and doing a ton of jiu-jitsu.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 05:14:45 AM by TheBoognish »

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2021, 05:47:57 AM »
At 205 lbs right now, closing in on my goal to get down to 200 lbs from 240 lbs since December (6'5" tall). My diet had already been pretty balanced but also included some treats like wine, chocolate, pizza and the occasional burger. Didn’t want to drop any of that. Just too much of everything, all the time. Thus counting calories using an app has been working great for me, despite being annoying at times.

Have been reducing around 500 kcal per day, with calories burned through activity added to the budget. Tried reducing more last months and paradoxically hit a plateau. Back to 500 kcal reduction per day now and consistently dropping a little more than a pound per week. Can definitely recommend counting calories if you are generally happy with your diet and just need to learn how much of everything you actually need.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2021, 08:19:23 AM »
I also hit a plateau at 145lbs (originally 165lbs in March). I'd like to go down just a little bit more (or at least burn a little bit more body fat) but I am very happy to have gone so far. I haven't been counting calories, just stopped eating unhealthy stuff. Other than skating on the weekends, I've been working out a little bit every day (forearm planks and reverse sit ups) and the abs are showing. I have gone down from 34 waist to 31 and instead of XL/comfort fit I wear M/slim fit shirts. I am in the best shape probably ever. There are sacrifices associated with it but I am so stoked I got rid of my beer belly.  It takes some discipline but it's totally worthy if you are unhappy with your current shape.

I have Slap and the dudes in this thread to thank for motivating me to finally to do something about my weight. It was about time. In particular for old dudes like me, there is a point of no return at a certain age/stage where it becomes very difficult to change I guess.

Edit: This thread is also great to watch progress if you post regularly. I was able to reestablish my progress with my posts in this thread:

28 March: Start the diet at 75kg
15 May: 70kg
21 June: 70kg - start planks
25 July: 68kg
30 Aug: 66kg
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:26:40 AM by Easy Slider »
why come?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2021, 08:37:43 AM »
Update: I‘m down at 143lbs or 65kg. Psychologically important for a continental European as I started out at 75kg which means that I am 10kg down.
why come?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2021, 09:31:55 AM »
I was down a pretty significant amount, then got a torn hammy in May. Since then, I gradually gained back almost everything. Pretty bummed but getting back on track now. Thanks to a few pals here who are an awesome support system

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2021, 11:27:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Update: I‘m down at 143lbs or 65kg. Psychologically important for a continental European as I started out at 75kg which means that I am 10kg down.
[close]

That's awesome! 22 pounds is some serious weight loss.

Cheers, it‘s a good feeling.

I was down a pretty significant amount, then got a torn hammy in May. Since then, I gradually gained back almost everything. Pretty bummed but getting back on track now. Thanks to a few pals here who are an awesome support system

why come?

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2021, 06:58:10 AM »
I also hit a plateau at 145lbs (originally 165lbs in March). I'd like to go down just a little bit more (or at least burn a little bit more body fat) but I am very happy to have gone so far. I haven't been counting calories, just stopped eating unhealthy stuff. Other than skating on the weekends, I've been working out a little bit every day (forearm planks and reverse sit ups) and the abs are showing. I have gone down from 34 waist to 31 and instead of XL/comfort fit I wear M/slim fit shirts. I am in the best shape probably ever. There are sacrifices associated with it but I am so stoked I got rid of my beer belly.  It takes some discipline but it's totally worthy if you are unhappy with your current shape.

I have Slap and the dudes in this thread to thank for motivating me to finally to do something about my weight. It was about time. In particular for old dudes like me, there is a point of no return at a certain age/stage where it becomes very difficult to change I guess.

Edit: This thread is also great to watch progress if you post regularly. I was able to reestablish my progress with my posts in this thread:

28 March: Start the diet at 75kg
15 May: 70kg
21 June: 70kg - start planks
25 July: 68kg
30 Aug: 66kg

Stoked for you! I'm down 30lb since hitting my highest weight ever last year. I'm 6'4" and now at 218lb. Still a bit of a ways to go but took a month of alcohol again and that's helping a lot. Also learned a lot about portion control.

Great work everyone and THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATION, SLAPPERS!

Fhk

« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2021, 05:05:41 AM »
Update: As of this morning I am up to 219 lbs! I tried to get down to 200, but I found it way easier to head for 220. Ironically I am skating better although Im getting heavier and skating way less. Seriously though good for you guys for actually doing the right thing, shows how driven you all are. Thank goodness for hard bushings.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2021, 05:44:19 AM »
Just started Intermittent fasting a couple weeks ago.  Be been finding it impossible to lose weight, so hoping this helps.  I skate 1-3 hours a day, swim laps 2-4x a week (1500-2500 meters), and the scale just doesn’t move.  Literally the same as if I was sitting on my ass stuffing my face and sleeping all day.  I’m on antidepressants, so I think that might have something to do with it, but I still thought I would see meaningful progress considering all the work I’ve been putting in
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2021, 06:11:50 AM »
Just started Intermittent fasting a couple weeks ago.  Be been finding it impossible to lose weight, so hoping this helps.  I skate 1-3 hours a day, swim laps 2-4x a week (1500-2500 meters), and the scale just doesn’t move.  Literally the same as if I was sitting on my ass stuffing my face and sleeping all day.  I’m on antidepressants, so I think that might have something to do with it, but I still thought I would see meaningful progress considering all the work I’ve been putting in

What diet are you on, as in what do you eat/drink and what not? I don’t think that the anti depressants per se make you put on weight but some of them make you hungry and you will eat more (I might be wrong).

I ask because physical exercise did not help me to lose weight, onky a drastic change of my diet did.
why come?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
Wow, good shit everyone, and everyone who's struggling, hang in there!

I have a weird story.  I certainly didn't get there by July, it mostly occurred recently in the late summer, early fall months...

I had to quarantine for 4 weeks in June.  My roommate and girlfriend caught the rona, but I never tested positive.  Shortly after getting back to work, I got a promotion as a night manager at the dispensary I work at.  Between more responsibility, less time to eat, and being back on my feet, I lost 20lbs in 3-4 weeks.  When this thread started I was at 219-220.

I very recently cut out alcohol, and in just about 2 weeks, I've gotten down to 192.  My 38th birthday is coming up, and while I haven't been able to skate (weird hours, most of my skate friends are on the 9-5 thing), I'm stoked to have a bday sesh this Sunday with some friends.  Can't wait to see how I feel on board.

Good shit, Pals.

Fhk

« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »
Wow, good shit everyone, and everyone who's struggling, hang in there!

I have a weird story.  I certainly didn't get there by July, it mostly occurred recently in the late summer, early fall months...

I had to quarantine for 4 weeks in June.  My roommate and girlfriend caught the rona, but I never tested positive.  Shortly after getting back to work, I got a promotion as a night manager at the dispensary I work at.  Between more responsibility, less time to eat, and being back on my feet, I lost 20lbs in 3-4 weeks.  When this thread started I was at 219-220.

I very recently cut out alcohol, and in just about 2 weeks, I've gotten down to 192.  My 38th birthday is coming up, and while I haven't been able to skate (weird hours, most of my skate friends are on the 9-5 thing), I'm stoked to have a bday sesh this Sunday with some friends.  Can't wait to see how I feel on board.

Good shit, Pals.
That's incredible, Almost 30 lbs has got to feel good! Enjoy your birthday session man

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2021, 04:01:45 AM »
Totally unrelated to covid, but I started smoking weed again over the summer and lost 20 pounds pretty quickly. It basically solved my eating out of boredom habit and between actually enjoying eating again and there being 2 dispensaries on the same block as giant eagle has lead to me shopping for fresh groceries more regularly instead of just pounding easy mac and uncrustables from the Walgreens around the corner. It's made skating much more enjoyable and less painful and I've definitely been getting more attention from the hags at work.

One of the best changes I made was swapping chips or other salty/savory snacks for seaweed roasted in sesame or avocado oil. You can get huge sheets of it or precut snack packs and its cheap, filling, nutritious, and delicious. A good bit of sodium though so if you have issues with that they do make unsalted ones but the taste can be unappealing.